Send Topic Print
Dream's (Read 2882 times)
Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Dream's
Aug 30th, 2016 at 1:21am

Do you believe dreams can have meaning, connected to daytime events or a disconnected experience ? Ever had a dream that made you wonder what is was about? An intangible occurence or other . Where and why do certain dreams occur?

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Re: Dream's
Reply #1 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 7:52am

Agnes wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 1:21am:
Do you believe dreams can have meaning, connected to daytime events or a disconnected experience ? Ever had a dream that made you wonder what is was about? An intangible occurence or other . Where and why do certain dreams occur?

many blessings , has anyone ever had Déjà vu ?

this is a dream you have had the night before, and then

when you wake the next day you have this Déjà vu event that was experienced the night before in the dream state .. you have been here before sometime somewhere in this now moment !

this proves that time is a multi~ leveled construct which may be traversed through, but not limited to ,  dreams ..

namaste

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #2 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 9:51am

it_is_the_light wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 7:52am:

many blessings , has anyone ever had Déjà vu ?

this is a dream you have had the night before, and then

when you wake the next day you have this Déjà vu event that was experienced the night before in the dream state .. you have been here before sometime somewhere in this now moment !

this proves that time is a multi~ leveled construct which may be traversed through, but not limited to ,  dreams ..

namaste

Light I always thought dejavu was experienced before hand and then later on you experienced a "I know I have been here before" type experience.. that is my take on it anyway, and as a child it used to happen to me all the time. 
I originally started this thread because once , when my girl was around 3/4 we experienced a shared dream ie: we had the same dream at the same time- it was a very vivid dream. My girl came into me that same morning and said to me "mama- I dreamed you lost me" - I had just woke from a dream where I dreamed I had lost her - that really freaked me out. I had never even knew that such dreams existed and have since found out they are a rare occurance.   One or the other of us had entered the others dream.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 9:52am

Do you believe dreams can have meaning

it can if it's a wet dream  Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #4 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 10:35am

Dreams are a viable method for God [a spirit being] to give messages to us [mostly to our subconscious?], especially when he, God, still wishes for us to have some doubts [i.e. no tangible evidence] of his existence.

No ?

Personally, i regard all of those 'persons' who i encounter in the dream state, as spirit entities who are trying to evoke some 'emotional' response in myself.            Like a 'bootcamp' testing.

1 Kings 3:5
In Gibeon the LORD appeared to Solomon in a dream by night: and God said, Ask what I shall give thee.

Job 33:14
For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not.
15  In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed;
16  Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction,
17  That he may withdraw man from his purpose, and hide pride from man.
18  He keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword.

Do you ever experience dreams where you are awake [i.e. you feel fully conscious] ?

Google;
lucid dreaming

p.s.
BE CAREFUL.

Because,     'Here, there be monsters.'     !!!

.....in the spirit world/realm.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #5 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 11:51am

For me - dreams are mostly related to things we've stopped consciously thinking about which are shoved down deep into our sub-conscious. The few that aren't - are probably related to daytime events or a disconnected experience as you say.

Interestingly enough - I haven't had a nightmare for 20 years. I was quite spiritual at one time and had a real life exorcism which seems to have worked. It can be a cure for those who experience demons while they sleep.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 1:18pm

certainly things like drowning, tidal waves, tsunamis seem to involve feelings of "waves of emotional overload" and are common when people are overwhelmed.

when you have a decision to make you may have things like locks and keys and find yourself at intersections.

lots of bridges and gates also indicate that you are in a transitional state.

there are plenty of good books on interpretation of dreams

Freud wrote one

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Re: Dreams
Reply #7 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 2:16pm

The worst dream you can have is dreaming you died and then dreaming you have been reincarnated as Yadda or Valkie.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/24/dream-facts-dreaming_n_4824935.html

Quote:
A great number of people believe the popular myth that dying in a dream means... you’re dead, but Naiman says there’s no truth to it. In fact, he encourages exploring, saying, “If you ever have an opportunity to die in a dream, I say go for it!” Many people report death in dreams to be rather anti-climatic, he says. “Some people would say that’s because consciousness is immortal, independent of the body, but however you look at it it’s an interesting experience.”

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 2:20pm

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 2:16pm:
The worst dream you can have is dreaming you died and then dreaming you have been reincarnated as Yadda or Valkie.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/24/dream-facts-dreaming_n_4824935.html

Quote:
A great number of people believe the popular myth that dying in a dream means... you’re dead, but Naiman says there’s no truth to it. In fact, he encourages exploring, saying, “If you ever have an opportunity to die in a dream, I say go for it!” Many people report death in dreams to be rather anti-climatic, he says. “Some people would say that’s because consciousness is immortal, independent of the body, but however you look at it it’s an interesting experience.”
Your nightmare would be to be back in British colonial India crapping in a gutter while a rich pom chucks you 20 pence.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #9 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 4:07pm

I have dreamed about falling from a high structure into the harbour. There is no worse feeling of helplessness than to have a dream like that.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #10 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 4:11pm

Unforgiven has nightmares about living as a heterosexual white male and having to be burdened with the blame of slavery, gay rights, affirmative action, and having to find a job based on skill rather than being part of a minority group. Unforgiven loves it when he wakes up back on the other side of the demographic.

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #11 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 4:30pm

I notice that the Green Grocer's sign writer is still here.  Roll Eyes

Banana's, Tomato's, Apple's and so forth.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #12 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 4:30pm

mantra wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 11:51am:

For me - dreams are mostly related to things we've stopped consciously thinking about which are shoved down deep into our sub-conscious. The few that aren't - are probably related to daytime events or a disconnected experience as you say.

Interestingly enough - I haven't had a nightmare for 20 years. I was quite spiritual at one time and had a real life exorcism which seems to have worked. It can be a cure for those who experience demons while they sleep.

Exorcism, is that like someone comes to your house maybe a priest..was that scary at all ?  I don't dream a lot now but when my kids were little- all the time.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #13 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 5:34pm

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 2:16pm:

LOL

Grin

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 6:51pm

one I have now and again is being crushed by a vehicle that I'm working under...  Undecided

other times its a sex dream and when I wake up i find the doona resembling a Huge Pakistani Marquee...  Shocked

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print