Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tony Lazarus Abbott emerging from the grave (Read 1594 times)
Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Tony Lazarus Abbott emerging from the grave
Aug 29th, 2016 at 10:22am

Wiggle your toes Tony; wiggle your toes!

Could this be a political resurrection like John Howard's?

Who is performing the miracle resurrection and why?

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/aug/28/sam-dastyari-says-tony-ab...

Quote:
Sam Dastyari says Tony Abbott 'having another tilt at the leadership'

Labor powerbroker says blocking plebiscite won’t necessarily delay equality for three years as government won’t last that long

The Turnbull government will be lucky to last 18 months because Tony Abbott is campaigning to get the top job back, the Labor powerbroker Sam Dastyari has said.

Dastyari, the manager of opposition business in the Senate, made the comments on Sky News on Sunday while discussing Labor’s opposition to the same-sex marriage plebiscite and its tactics in the Senate in the 45th parliament.

Asked if blocking the plebiscite would delay marriage equality for three years, Dastyari replied: “I don’t accept the proposition or premise that this is a three-year government.

“This is not a government that is going to last three years.

“I would be surprised if this lasts over 18 months the way things headed at the moment.”

Dastyari said that Abbott was “running his own campaign”.

“You don’t go around the country giving speeches about the economy and this and that as a backbencher from Warringah.”

It comes after a speech by Abbott to the Master Builders Association in Victoria on Friday, in which he warned the Coalition not to move closer to Labor.

In an interview on ABC’s Insiders, Turnbull rejected Abbott’s views that the Coalition is in office but not in power on the issue of budget repair and risks abandoning its principles if it tries to govern from the sensible centre.

Asked if it was possible Abbott would be reinstalled as prime minister, Dastyari replied “of course” and “without a doubt”.

He said Labor’s experience in dumping Kevin Rudd for Julia Gillard only to return to Rudd as evidence the party knew how the revolving door of leadership worked.

“This isn’t our first rodeo, we’ve been through this before ... It’s happened in the past,” he said. “We sat here and we’ve had the exact same conversations about Kevin Rudd and we were saying it can’t happen, it can’t happen, and it happened.”

Dastyari said Abbott clearly thinks it’s possible he will return, because he was taking “premeditated” actions like giving speeches, “reminding everyone he’s around and talking about his legacy”.

“This is a guy who is having another tilt at the leadership,” Dastyari said. “Blind Freddie can see it ... There’s a script in how this is done, he’s following the script; he’s very good at it.”

It follows a report that Abbott will spend a week in a remote West Australian Indigenous community.

Abbott, who spends a week every year in Indigenous communities, will go to the East Kimberley and give support to the trial of cashless debit cards for welfare recipients designed to crack down on spending on drugs, alcohol and gambling.

Advertisement

On Sky News Dastyari criticised the government’s proposed marriage equality plebiscite, labelling it a “fix to an internal Liberal party problem”.

He said Malcolm Turnbull was “held hostage by the rightwing” of his party in the same way David Cameron was forced to commit to a referendum for Britain to leave the European Union.

Dastyari said he believed the plebiscite would record a vote for same-sex marriage to be legalised.

The manager of opposition business said the new Senate was tougher for the government because Labor and the Greens only needed the Xenophon team, or One Nation, or three of the other crossbench senators to block legislation.

But he said it would be difficult for Labor to deal with One Nation.

Labor would accept One Nation votes when the party supported Labor’s position, such as on the proposed bank royal commission.

But Dastyari promised not to “compromise our values and our position” by horse-trading to win One Nation’s votes.

He said a Greens proposal for a parliamentary inquiry into banks if the government refused a royal commission was “not the best option”. He said Labor would still push a motion calling for a royal commission.

“I suspect it will sail through the Senate ... The question would be whether some of these Liberals, conservatives that have spoken out on this issue, are prepared to cross floor in the House of Representatives.

“Senator [John] Williams is of the view that [they are] probably not, I don’t know the answer to that, I don’t have an opinion on it.”

Dastyari suggested it would be extremely difficult for the prime minister to ignore a motion calling for a royal commission if it passed both houses of parliament.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Re: Tony Lazarus Abbott emerging from the grave
Reply #1 - Aug 29th, 2016 at 10:28am

Dastyari is wrong on one point though.
Abbott is not just an MP, he's a former PM & Opposition Leader.
As such, speaking invitations are going to come his way as a matter of course.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Aug 29th, 2016 at 10:40am

Someone slam the lid back on his coffin & nail it shut.......perrrlease.

The scum always floats to the top in a duck pond.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Aug 29th, 2016 at 10:52am

Gnads wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 10:40am:
Someone slam the lid back on his coffin & nail it shut.......perrrlease.

The scum always floats to the top in a duck pond.

yes we know look at kruddy who would have thought it..  Angry Angry

oh thats right turncoat 2 shorty who stabbed two PMs in the back. to get where he is..... ummmmmmmm you ask where is that.......onj top of  rubbish heap..

he got the nod... Roll Eyes Roll Eyeslow ethics low loyalty low integrity low honesty..

he fit the BILL..

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Aug 29th, 2016 at 10:53am

bogarde73 wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 10:28am:
Dastyari is wrong on one point though.
Abbott is not just an MP, he's a former PM & Opposition Leader.
As such, speaking invitations are going to come his way as a matter of course.

darstadly digby is a muslim....and his aim is to be top of the heap called labor..... should go down well with the commies in the party.

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #5 - Aug 29th, 2016 at 10:58am

all heil the return of the suppository of all wisdom

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Aug 29th, 2016 at 11:31am

Its time wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 10:58am:

not old misery guts surely???... we can do without that leftard coming back.. Smiley Smiley Kiss

IP Logged

Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Reply #7 - Aug 29th, 2016 at 11:38am

I think I would prefer to listen to Abbott rather than the idiot we have as Australian of the Year at the moment.  In both cases, there will be plenty of seats available in the Hall.    Memo to Tones, don't book the MCG for the initial oration.

Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies
Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #8 - Aug 29th, 2016 at 12:03pm

There is only one Rectal Medication & only one is needed.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #9 - Aug 29th, 2016 at 12:20pm

bogarde73 wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 12:03pm:

Expert opinion from Bogarde73.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #10 - Aug 29th, 2016 at 1:36pm

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 12:20pm:
bogarde73 wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 12:03pm:

Expert opinion from Bogarde73.

Grin

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #11 - Aug 29th, 2016 at 2:43pm

"First ye smell land where there be no land...... the birds be all fled from the skies... and all the world be still as Death ... and then he rises.... Moby Dick... the Great White Whale...."

zombie.jpg (27 KB | 30 )
zombie.jpg

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Aug 29th, 2016 at 5:49pm

The new Lefty mouth Dasty rabbiting on in the Guardian ?

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #13 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 12:12am

juliar wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 5:49pm:
The new Lefty mouth Dasty rabbiting on in the Guardian ?

Labor Power Broker..... never saw that job advertised...  another AA twerp who's done nothing and is nothing, but rides on his ethnic status as a five year old escaping the evils of a Muslim society in Northern Iran, where he could garner a Ph.D in Goat Herding, as well as the allegiance of Sidewalk Cafe` Uni Quadrangle Politics Labor to 'promoting' certain social groups, and who has benefited mightily from the Australian education and political system while refusing to accept that certain aspects of Islam as taught need to be carefully scrutinised.

A highly educated man and beloved of Labor - but a failure as an Australian.

Why does anyone listen to him at all?  His chances of my urinating on him in a Victorian bush fire are minimal.... and that's me being generous....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #14 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 6:48am

Tony has invited the woman who he incarcerated, to join him for a coffee , now why would a Lib party back bencher want to be fraternizing with the senate members ?

Unless he was of course he was shoring up support and gauging reaction before he slips the knife in retaliation , it's coming rtardz , steady measured predictable , we can finally say after four years , good government has started , and thank heavens for that .

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print