Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
No kids, no pets, no smoking, no parties, no .. (Read 133 times)
bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

No kids, no pets, no smoking, no parties, no ..
Aug 29th, 2016 at 10:01am

. . .I don't know what all.

The situation for renters in particular but strata owners as well seems to be getting ever more restrictive.
The combination of lease agreements and strata by-laws is putting communal living in a straitjacket.

I heard of one young couple who recently rented a unit which they knew was non-smoking but didn't realise the by-laws of the corporate body also prohibited smoking on the balcony. It seems any smokers have to go and stand out in the street to have a fag. They are now trying to get out of the lease.

Don't get me wrong. As an ex-smoker I can't stand the smell of tobacco but I tolerate it. People have to be able to have a party occasionally, not that I suppose it's acceptable, as in my young days, to have a jazz band playing in the lounge room till the early hours.

But if house affordability is decreasing and long-term renting is the future, does that mean no more babies?

Sorry dear, copulation is not allowed.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: No kids, no pets, no smoking, no parties, no ..
Reply #1 - Aug 29th, 2016 at 10:07am

I dont see any issue with people having mutual respect for their neighbours. and no, occasional loud parties are not acceptable. If you want the freedom to do what you want then go and live on 100 acres somewhere.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Re: No kids, no pets, no smoking, no parties, no ..
Reply #2 - Aug 29th, 2016 at 10:18am

rhino wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 10:07am:
I dont see any issue with people having mutual respect for their neighbours. and no, occasional loud parties are not acceptable. If you want the freedom to do what you want then go and live on 100 acres somewhere.

I do live on acres. I wouldn't like to be living in what the strata rules seem to be.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print