Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Re: is it ok to Brag?
Reply #30 - Aug 29th, 2016 at 5:58pm

cods wrote on Aug 28th, 2016 at 11:36am:
my eldest grandson is taking part in the Golden Gloves boxing comp in Qld.. and I have just heard he was won all his fights and is in the final.. I am very chuffed for him.   I am not a fan of boxing but he took it up this year  and I try to support whatever they choose..... so I am bit chuffed for him..he never told anyone about his first fight here in Canberra.. even mum and dad....he won it but his next one was cancelled as he had a clot in his nose....which had to be dealt with.. I am not that happy he returned to boxing but what can you do...

it may be just a passing phase.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Being a boxer it means he will be fit and healthy and wont take drugs.

Be proud cods, its only natural........ Cool

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Aug 29th, 2016 at 6:33pm

Ajax wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 5:58pm:
cods wrote on Aug 28th, 2016 at 11:36am:
my eldest grandson is taking part in the Golden Gloves boxing comp in Qld.. and I have just heard he was won all his fights and is in the final.. I am very chuffed for him.   I am not a fan of boxing but he took it up this year  and I try to support whatever they choose..... so I am bit chuffed for him..he never told anyone about his first fight here in Canberra.. even mum and dad....he won it but his next one was cancelled as he had a clot in his nose....which had to be dealt with.. I am not that happy he returned to boxing but what can you do...

it may be just a passing phase.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Being a boxer it means he will be fit and healthy and wont take drugs.

Be proud cods, its only natural........ Cool

n o he is a gym nutter...and from there to boxing.. I havent seen him yet,,,hes a bit on the shy side and doesnt want even mum and dad to go.. but we will of course... he is super disappointed he won silver...but then he was vice captain at school and was unhappy as Captain is better is what he said...

yes I am proud very much so.. he has  family member on his mums side who is in jail for drugs...and alcoholism runs in the family....and this dear boy doesnt smoke or even drink that I have seen...so I will always encourage him in what ever he tries...

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #32 - Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:26pm

Very fart warming.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #33 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 10:02am

Is it ok to brag about your own kids? My daughter has had the most amazing year, getting into district for just everything, nailing all of her exams, A+ on 2 piano grades.

I've stopped talking about her unless I'm asked because it just seems like I'm talking her up.

IBI

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 4:38pm

Gordon wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 10:02am:
Is it ok to brag about your own kids? My daughter has had the most amazing year, getting into district for just everything, nailing all of her exams, A+ on 2 piano grades.

I've stopped talking about her unless I'm asked because it just seems like I'm talking her up.

well done and no dont stop talking about her....god we hear enough about kids going off the rails... its heart warming to hear good stuff for a change..

I dont think we brag enough.. people are just not interested today in good news.. thats how I see it...I kn ow a person whos soul conversation is all negative...gloom and doom I call her and when she goes I am exhausted....

it says a lot about you gordy you have such a shining star there.. well done..

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print