Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Australia's Favorite Realtor (Read 4487 times)
Billy Jack
Gold Member

The Duke of Brisbane Town

Brisbane Town.
Australia's Favorite Realtor
Aug 26th, 2016 at 9:16pm

Friends, that realtor Mr Baden Clay is gittin his High Court ruling and such early. Many months early.

Looks like the legal eagles have decided that he is going down.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BneStrong/comments/4zi36f/baden_clay_to_be_given_early_...

https://www.reddit.com/r/auslaw/search?q=baden+clay&sort=new&restrict_sr=on

This is saying they predict all 5 will allow the appeal and murder reinstated

Because he was telling stories and then saying on his appeal his stories ain't true - and the judges and such said to his fancy lawyers "You can't have it both ways and now say that Mr Baden Clay relies on the absence of something, that Mr Baden Clay hisself says happened"

Apparently this is what they is saying the High Court is thinking.

Fancier folks still are comparing Mr Baden Clay to a movie dad. I gots to say, I can't fault it. Movie dad faked his death, and left momma and child alive, which is smarter than our very own Mr Baden Clay. Can y'all believe it?

https://www.reddit.com/r/BneStrong/comments/4z0j5w/proof_that_australias_real_es...

Y'all know what I gots to say?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Australia's Favorite Realtor
Reply #1 - Aug 27th, 2016 at 12:42pm

I have to admit B.J.. well alright billy boy...that is funny....coming from O.J. classic.......

next Wed all will be revealed  fingers crossed its Justice for Allison....she may well be dead as far as some folks think.. but I am sure she is very close to a lot of people just the same....

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Aug 27th, 2016 at 10:48pm

cods wrote on Aug 27th, 2016 at 12:42pm:
I have to admit B.J.. well alright billy boy...that is funny....coming from O.J. classic.......

next Wed all will be revealed  fingers crossed its Justice for Allison....she may well be dead as far as some folks think.. but I am sure she is very close to a lot of people just the same....

Do you think she is alive, cods?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 9:31am

Aussie wrote on Aug 27th, 2016 at 10:48pm:

in my heart my husband is alive I never forget him and I can see his face from time to time...you have no idea do you?.

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #4 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 4:56pm

next Wed all will be revealed  fingers crossed its Justice for Allison.... she may well be dead as far as some folks think .. but I am sure she is very close to a lot of people just the same....

Try not to be so obtuse  ... it's not a good look.

Do you even understand what JUSTICE means to people who have lost someone who has been MURDERED? Obviously not.

I suspect that you would think differently if it was a female (accidentally) murdering a bloke. Then you would most likely want JUSTICE for the bloke, right?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 5:06pm

Neferti wrote on Aug 28th, 2016 at 4:56pm:

next Wed all will be revealed  fingers crossed its Justice for Allison.... she may well be dead as far as some folks think .. but I am sure she is very close to a lot of people just the same....

Try not to be so obtuse  ... it's not a good look.

Do you even understand what JUSTICE means to people who have lost someone who has been MURDERED? Obviously not.

I suspect that you would think differently if it was a female (accidentally) murdering a bloke. Then you would most likely want JUSTICE for the bloke, right?

I long ago made up my mind this is a person without a skerrick of empathy....the things he has said about the Morcombes is enough for me....he hasnt lost anyone that close, one he can feel and even smell but not see   YET....just because you are not crying 24/7 doesnt mean there is no pain...

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #6 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 5:25pm

If the expression used was 'see Justice done,' I'd agree, no problem.  But, the schmedia just love to tug the hearts by using the expression 'Justice for *here insert name of the deceased*' and if the deceased was a child it would be 'Justice for little *here insert name of the deceased.*'

They are beyond receiving Justice.  They are dead.  Fact, yeas?

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #7 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 6:03pm

Aussie wrote on Aug 28th, 2016 at 5:25pm:
If the expression used was 'see Justice done,' I'd agree, no problem.  But, the schmedia just love to tug the hearts by using the expression 'Justice for *here insert name of the deceased*' and if the deceased was a child it would be 'Justice for little *here insert name of the deceased.*'

You should know better than most Australia's legal system has nothing at all to do with justice, which is why very few that have sought justice after a horrendous crime find it in the law.

It is about the law and its application by a few narrow minds.

If you want justice you need to find it for yourself if you are quick enough, but the law will take a dim view on you for doing so.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #8 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 6:23pm

Quote:
You should know better than most Australia's legal system has nothing at all to do with justice, which is why very few that have sought justice after a horrendous crime find it in the law.

I agree.  It is about the Law.  I've told this tale many times but it demonstrates your point.

Not going into the details as they are not as relevant as the comment.  Queensland Magistrate Ron Tully (can't recall whether there should be an 'e' in there) once bellowed in anger at me from the Bench, "I'm not interested in the Law Mr Aussie, I am interested in Justice.......my Justice."  Do you see the danger?

He desperately wanted to convict the client, but he knew the Law had him cornered.  He had no choice but to acquit.

You are also right concerning murder victims.  There is no Justice for them.  But, the Law certainly can and does compensate with money (the only thing available) those who survive criminal acts.

Quote:

Yeas, but I'm not buying the 'narrow minds' bit.

Quote:
If you want justice you need to find it for yourself if you are quick enough, but the law will take a dim view on you for doing so.

If what you do is legal, the Law will protect you.  It will not if you act outside the Law.  Simple.

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #9 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 6:31pm

You are clutching straws. How many people do you know who have had a relative murdered?

I have nobody that has died like that, thankfully, but I do view the CI Channel on Foxtel and I can tell you that people who have been interviewed on those programs want JUSTICE for their dead rellie.  They also want the perp to either be put away for LIFE (i.e. until they die) or sent to the Death Chamber.

I don't believe in capital punishment but I can understand why a family who has lost a beloved via murder can feel that way.

You really do need to develop some EMPATHY and stop thinking the World revolves around you.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 6:32pm

BigOl64 wrote on Aug 28th, 2016 at 6:03pm:

there is no such thing as justice....all you can hope for is punishment..which in our country is very limited..in fact some live better in jail than they ever did in the real world...but they cant hurt anyone else at least for a while...

but the victims family have no choice but to find a way to live with their pain... and some never do.

an eye for an eye....

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 6:36pm

Aussie wrote on Aug 28th, 2016 at 6:23pm:
If what you do is legal, the Law will protect you.  It will not if you act outside the Law.  Simple

REALLY??? who would have thought it.

if its legal why would the law step in.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

makes no sense at all..

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #12 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 7:00pm

cods wrote on Aug 28th, 2016 at 6:36pm:
If what you do is legal, the Law will protect you.  It will not if you act outside the Law.  Simple

makes no sense at all..

The Law does step in.  You kill someone in self defence, you will be charged and taken to the criminal justice system (unless you are a copper) and there, the Law will protect you if your actions in self defence were within the Law.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 7:21pm

Aussie wrote on Aug 28th, 2016 at 7:00pm:
cods wrote on Aug 28th, 2016 at 6:36pm:

makes no sense at all..

The Law does step in.  You kill someone in self defence, you will be charged and taken to the criminal justice system (unless you are a copper) and there, the Law will protect you if your actions in self defence were within the Law.

its been proven self defence is no excuse...[wife kills husband after years of abuse]

and in this case..

the law wants to know what was in someones MIND...

what intentions there were..

who can possibly prove that???... its no more no less a suggestion...

what that law is saying is unless the murderer has a history of bashing or making this persons life hell.. he can kill and claim he didnt INTEND doing it.....because no one can prove he did intend doing it..

what the... he can burn the body dump it even disappear it....that isnt taken into consideration... its what went on in his MIND...at the moment he shut down a life....

dont forget we have a guy who denies even touching the body............. he was asleep... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

yet none of that is taken into consideration....I dont see where JUSTICE comes into this I really dont..

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #14 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 7:32pm

Cods, we have done that to 'death' many times on the other very long Thread.

You are 100% wrong about this:

Quote:
its been proven self defence is no excuse...[wife kills husband after years of abuse.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print