Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Aldi paid my grandson's school fees (Read 2242 times)
President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Aldi paid my grandson's school fees
Reply #30 - Aug 27th, 2016 at 8:25am

Sophia wrote on Aug 26th, 2016 at 11:12pm:
President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Aug 26th, 2016 at 9:38pm:
rhino wrote on Aug 26th, 2016 at 9:36pm:
I put on a pair of sunglasses and a hoodie so no one I knew would recognise me and took a look in Aldi. Nothing we regularly buy is cheaper. If you live on pre packaged junk food then this is the store for you.

struth..

what kind of person owns a HOODIE.....  Huh

I say....mainly people in Melbourne, to keep their head warm. It's freezing lately, or haven't you noticed  Huh Tongue
And with the new male haircut of 'shaven completely bald' HOODIES have their purpose, coupled with black wool beanies.
Even a peak cap with a Hoodie is fashionable....the sun comes out too on a cold Melbourne's winter day!

lately... I've been questioning why we live in Victoria at all..  especially coming back from Queensland recently where the temperature was around 25* each day....

maybe its because I've lost a heap of weight and am now below the weight of when I joined the army...  Undecided

I need more insulation... ?

whatever the reason... I've been "feeling" the cold this winter.. I'm sick of it...  Sad

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #31 - Aug 27th, 2016 at 2:43pm

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Aug 27th, 2016 at 8:25am:
Sophia wrote on Aug 26th, 2016 at 11:12pm:
President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Aug 26th, 2016 at 9:38pm:
rhino wrote on Aug 26th, 2016 at 9:36pm:
I put on a pair of sunglasses and a hoodie so no one I knew would recognise me and took a look in Aldi. Nothing we regularly buy is cheaper. If you live on pre packaged junk food then this is the store for you.

struth..

what kind of person owns a HOODIE.....  Huh

I say....mainly people in Melbourne, to keep their head warm. It's freezing lately, or haven't you noticed  Huh Tongue
And with the new male haircut of 'shaven completely bald' HOODIES have their purpose, coupled with black wool beanies.
Even a peak cap with a Hoodie is fashionable....the sun comes out too on a cold Melbourne's winter day!

lately... I've been questioning why we live in Victoria at all..  especially coming back from Queensland recently where the temperature was around 25* each day....

maybe its because I've lost a heap of weight and am now below the weight of when I joined the army...  Undecided

I need more insulation... ?

whatever the reason... I've been "feeling" the cold this winter.. I'm sick of it...  Sad

That could be so, you may feel colder as a result of less padding, but as I still have my padding, I am still feeling the cold moreso than ever! Grin

And yes, I ask the same question myself, why are we still in Victoria when we love Queensland's climate!!
Going up there for a week soon, to thaw out!

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #32 - Aug 27th, 2016 at 2:52pm

Wolseley wrote on Aug 27th, 2016 at 1:06am:
Sophia wrote on Aug 26th, 2016 at 5:32pm:
Now, I am doing another experiment....I just joined up to get "Hello Fresh" delivered to my door every Tuesday, the package for 2 people with meat. So far, the first 2 nights meals I cooked via their package of food and recipes have been excellent.

I will keep it going a few weeks and see how that pans out over the finances and money and time and driving not spent going to supermarkets.

We tried that not long after it came on the market.  I had been retired for a few months back then, but my wife was still working, so I was invariably the one who ended up doing the cooking.

The quality of the ingredients was generally very good, although for some reason I seemed to get quite a few rather rubbery carrots.  One thing I did like about it was that it made you try things that you wouldn't normally consider (I had never even thought of making a quesadilla until the ingredients turned up one week).  There weren't any meals of theirs that I can recall not liking, and there were several that we kept the recipe cards for so that we could do them again.

I wouldn't say that it saved any money though.  In fact I would suggest that you would pay slightly more than if you went to the supermarket armed with a recipe and bought the exact quantity of everything that you needed.  Which, if you normally tend to buy a bit more than you need, might mean you actually do save, as there is no wastage.  It does save you time, which would be a major plus if you're working.

We ended up cancelling it after about six months or so.  The main problem I had was that my wife is diabetic and has a number of specific dietary requirements, and I had to sometimes swap from the meat box to the vegetarian box to avoid certain ingredients and, on a few occasions, cancel it for a week or two.  And some of the vegetarian recipes were a bit basic - I mean, who needs a recipe to make an omelette or pasta with tomato sauce?

All in all though, a very good service that would suit some people and not others.

Thanks for telling me about it, and yes, I agree, am doing recipes I would never have bothered doing, and they are really really good!
Makes me feel like so connoisseur!  Cool

There was this recipe with sticky pork balls, and some weird ingredient I had never heard or nor tried before, and absolutely loved it!
Now I will be looking for it to do that recipe again!
Kecap Manis.....that's an interesting ingredient.
Thick dark sticky stuff.
And here is a recipe to make our own Kecap Manis.
http://www.fussfreecooking.com/recipe-categories/meatless-recipes/make-your-own-...

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #33 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 12:40am

Oh my god. Aldi has purchased options on Bogarde73's grandson.

A case of cheap wine and a few bank notes and Bogarde73 is anybody's.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #34 - Feb 4th, 2017 at 1:15pm

IBI

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Feb 4th, 2017 at 2:23pm

Gnads wrote on Aug 27th, 2016 at 8:16am:
rhino wrote on Aug 26th, 2016 at 9:57pm:
No one except a try hard says struth anymore.

Bullshit Rhino ... since when do you set a use by date for aussie language?

It's use is still common and it nothing to do wit anyone being a try hard ..... ya nong.
Stone the flaming crows and tickle me grandmother, the only person who still says struth acts on neighbours, ya drongo.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #36 - Feb 4th, 2017 at 2:29pm

bogarde73 wrote on Aug 26th, 2016 at 2:02pm:
I've been working it out.
I figure in the time I've been shopping at Aldi I've saved about $50,000 compared to if I continued to shop at Coles.

That has paid for 7 years of the kid's fees and next year he's on a scholarship so the savings will then be mine to blow as i choose.

Thank you Aldi.

Shouldn't that be "Danke schön Aldi, danke schön ... -?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print