Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Aldi paid my grandson's school fees (Read 2245 times)
bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Aldi paid my grandson's school fees
Aug 26th, 2016 at 2:02pm

I've been working it out.
I figure in the time I've been shopping at Aldi I've saved about $50,000 compared to if I continued to shop at Coles.

That has paid for 7 years of the kid's fees and next year he's on a scholarship so the savings will then be mine to blow as i choose.

Thank you Aldi.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Re: Aldi paid my grandson's school fees
Reply #1 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 2:49pm

Absolute nonsense. What are you smoking?

Why post blatant lies. Are you paid for this service? $50,000 salary to troll BBS and post this nonsense?

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 3:05pm

Not nonsense at all.

Roughly $100 a week savings for about 10 years.
I suppose your brain has not been addled so far as to prevent you doing the math.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #3 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 3:07pm

bogarde73 wrote on Aug 26th, 2016 at 3:05pm:
Not nonsense at all.

Roughly $100 a week savings for about 10 years.
I suppose your brain has not been addled so far as to prevent you doing the math.

Its not credible. How about posting your math on line together with evidence how you determined your savings?

I am appalled that postings such as this are allowed.

Don't tell me; Valkie is your accountant and Bookie.
« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2016 at 3:22pm by Unforgiven »  

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #4 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 3:21pm

$50,000? That's my whole spend on food for 6 years. How much do you spend a month on food?

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 3:22pm

I know what I used to spend & Coles prices went up & up till recently. I know that because I take the occasional walk through.
And I know what I spent at Aldi on average.
So that's my estimate.

Believe it or not, your credence is not essential to my life.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 3:28pm

Mathematically, if you save $100 per week for a year, it equates to roughly $5,000 per annum.
So 10 years equates to 50,000

But in order to save $100 per week on food, means you need to be saving at least 20% approx. on regular supermarkets apart from Aldi.

So that gives me the impression, you could be spending a lot on food per week if say 20% is equivalent to $100 savings.

That makes it something like $500 food spent a week  Huh

And not forgetting, it's a bit like "I go into Aldi for some bread, and end up coming home with a 2 man tent, a chainsaw and a trumpet"  Grin Grin

I think you may mean you save $20 per week against the regular supermarkets vs Aldi?

That's more like $1000 per annum
Hence, 10 years = $10,000 savings.

And yes, it does all add up, saving money here and there over the long term.

But the way life is designed, we try to save and cut back in ways, that rates, registrations, insurances take away from us more than we try to save.  Angry Angry

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #7 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 3:29pm

bogarde73 wrote on Aug 26th, 2016 at 3:22pm:
I know what I used to spend & Coles prices went up & up till recently. I know that because I take the occasional walk through.
So that's my estimate.

Bogarde is bloviating. No evidence for the claims. You should fire your Accountant/Bookie Valkie.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 3:30pm

Oh, I'm including wine in that, which is so much cheaper than Coles liquor store. But Aldi hasn't sold wine for more than maybe 3 years, so that makes a difference.
Also, when I shopped at Coles, I didn't buy their meat, I bought it at the butcher, so that would make it more expensive.

OK, but the savings have still got to be more than the cost of those fees for 7 years, and I still have Aldi to thank for that.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #9 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 3:31pm

bogarde73 wrote on Aug 26th, 2016 at 3:22pm:
So that's my estimate.

I actually make decent coin over the years with my Amex loyalty rewards.

Everything goes on my credit card I get 1 - 3 points per dollar spent

Pay off the spend each month, pay no interest ever

Pay $350 / year fee

Get sh1t loads of dollars (several thousand so far) to spend at various stores, hotels etc all for nada

Thank westpac credit, you only scam the stupid.  Smiley

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #10 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 3:32pm

Sophia wrote on Aug 26th, 2016 at 3:28pm:
Mathematically, if you save $100 per week for a year, it equates to roughly $5,000 per annum.
So 10 years equates to 50,000

But in order to save $100 per week on food, means you need to be saving at least 20% approx. on regular supermarkets apart from Aldi.

So that gives me the impression, you could be spending a lot on food per week if say 20% is equivalent to $100 savings.

That makes it something like $500 food spent a week  Huh

And not forgetting, it's a bit like "I go into Aldi for some bread, and end up coming home with a 2 man tent, a chainsaw and a trumpet"  Grin Grin

I think you may mean you save $20 per week against the regular supermarkets vs Aldi?

That's more like $1000 per annum
Hence, 10 years = $10,000 savings.

And yes, it does all add up, saving money here and there over the long term.

But the way life is designed, we try to save and cut back in ways, that rates, registrations, insurances take away from us more than we try to save.  Angry Angry

Good analysis. Also depends on downgrading form branded to generic products. Usually savings on meat and fruit are not huge so savings must be on packaged and canned goods and cheap imported wines.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #11 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 3:34pm

bogarde73 wrote on Aug 26th, 2016 at 3:30pm:
Oh, I'm including wine in that, which is so much cheaper than Coles liquor store. But Aldi hasn't sold wine for more than maybe 3 years, so that makes a difference.
Also, when I shopped at Coles, I didn't buy their meat, I bought it at the butcher, so that would make it more expensive.

OK, but the savings have still got to be more than the cost of those fees for 7 years, and I still have Aldi to thank for that.

The climb-down starts. Please go on.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 3:36pm

No, that's the only differences.

I just put that out there because I can't comprehend why people would continue to put money in the tills of the big two supermarkets.
Why would you throw money away?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 4:09pm

its like giving up smoking you never do save the money you claim you will save,...sorry boges you would still be spending the money you clsaim you save.. for instance  if a bottle of wine in coles costs $20.. but the same thing costs $10 in ALdi bet you buy two bottle in Aldi..

its like eating low fat cheese.... we eat more without realising it..

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 4:11pm

bogarde73 wrote on Aug 26th, 2016 at 3:36pm:
No, that's the only differences.

I just put that out there because I can't comprehend why people would continue to put money in the tills of the big two supermarkets.
Why would you throw money away?

I like m y brands and I like my service.. I dont want to pack and unpack my own groceries...sorry boges...also almost all fruit and veg is prepacked..so you have to buy a whole heap of carrots...it is ok on somethings but not for someone who lives alone..

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print