Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Psychiatry being as useless as tits on a bull (Read 471 times)
Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Psychiatry being as useless as tits on a bull
Aug 25th, 2016 at 8:43pm

"Chubbuck died live on television in 1974 from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head during a Saturday broadcast of her show in Florida.

She suffered from depression for years and her parents spent $1million over 20 years on psychiatrists and psychologists to help her.

Video of her actual suicide was recorded and kept by the station owner
It is now in the possession of his wife who does not plan to release it".

link

'Depression' is all she had - not one of the psychoses, and yet 1 million dollars spent on paying professional medicos over a period of 20 years was not enough to save her life, let alone cure her.

I would have those psychiatrists and psychologists struck off the medical registry as incompetent and fraudulent pretenders who wouldn't know if a tram was up their arse unless the conductor rung the bell.

« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2016 at 5:31am by Lord Herbert »  

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Re: Psychiatry being as useless as tits on a bull
Reply #1 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 8:48pm

Some people are beyond psychiatric help. For example. right wing conservatives on Ozpolitic would derive more benefit from a phrenologist than a psychiatrist.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 8:53pm

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 25th, 2016 at 8:48pm:
Some people are beyond psychiatric help. For example. right wing conservatives on Ozpolitic would derive more benefit from a phrenologist than a psychiatrist.

I made a couple of on-topic contributions to a couple of your threads just recently, but it seems I was throwing pearl before swine, and should have known better than to give you that respect. 

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #3 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 10:15pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Aug 25th, 2016 at 8:53pm:

I made a couple of on-topic contributions to a couple of your threads just recently, but it seems I was throwing pearl before swine, and should have known better than to give you that respect. 

Lighten up Herb, that was funny and wasn't pointed at you unless you own the "tag". If the show fits kinda thing.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #4 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 10:21pm

What about psychologists?

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #5 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 11:22pm

Setanta wrote on Aug 25th, 2016 at 10:21pm:

Psychology!$%^#!? I'll stick with cheap wine. At least the headache goes away for while.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #6 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 11:25pm

issuevoter wrote on Aug 25th, 2016 at 11:22pm:
Setanta wrote on Aug 25th, 2016 at 10:21pm:

Psychology!$%^#!? I'll stick with cheap wine. At least the headache goes away for while.

But I'm not fussy, cheap, expensive, meh! Depends who is paying.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 5:49am

Setanta wrote on Aug 25th, 2016 at 10:15pm:
Lighten up Herb, that was funny and wasn't pointed at you unless you own the "tag". If the show fits kinda thing.

He invited members to have a care to make an effort to give a serious response to his thread subject, which is what I did - only to have my response trashed and trivialised, and rendered a useless expenditure of my time and effort - with this being the second time within only a few hours.   

In future I'll do better than simply 'lighten up'. I'll leave his threads hanging empty of any response just like these two were.

link

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #8 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 8:32am

Or a weak minded sh!t who has an 'Avatar' as his avatar..... Grin Grin Grin

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 8:41am

Really? You recommend a practitioner of what's classed as psuedomedicine(false)?

Seems on a par then with a psychiatrist or a psychologist.

They're usually experts because they are what they treat. 

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #10 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 8:44am

Lord Herbert wrote on Aug 25th, 2016 at 8:43pm:
"Chubbuck died live on television in 1974 from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head during a Saturday broadcast of her show in Florida.

She suffered from depression for years and her parents spent $1million over 20 years on psychiatrists and psychologists to help her.

Video of her actual suicide was recorded and kept by the station owner
It is now in the possession of his wife who does not plan to release it".

link

'Depression' is all she had - not one of the psychoses, and yet 1 million dollars spent on paying professional medicos over a period of 20 years was not enough to save her life, let alone cure her.

I would have those psychiatrists and psychologists struck off the medical registry as incompetent and fraudulent pretenders who wouldn't know if a tram was up their arse unless the conductor rung the bell.

Bit disparaging to say depression is all she had.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #11 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 10:19am

Lord Herbert wrote on Aug 26th, 2016 at 5:49am:
Setanta wrote on Aug 25th, 2016 at 10:15pm:

He invited members to have a care to make an effort to give a serious response to his thread subject, which is what I did - only to have my response trashed and trivialised, and rendered a useless expenditure of my time and effort - with this being the second time within only a few hours.   

In future I'll do better than simply 'lighten up'. I'll leave his threads hanging empty of any response just like these two were.

link

Have you considered psychiatric services? A phrenologist?

Herbert, you are deeply troubled yourself. Herbert has predicted its own demise in 2 years in another string.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print