Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mankind causing global warming since 19th century (Read 184 times)
Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Mankind causing global warming since 19th century
Aug 25th, 2016 at 12:05pm

Anthropogenic climate warming started 180 years ago.

Isn't it amazing how the evidence of global warming expands with time. The denialists will have to get busy to poo poo this article.

http://time.com/4461719/global-warming-climate-change-humans/

Quote:
Humans Have Caused Global Warming for Longer Than We Thought

People have been contributing to global warming since the mid-nineteenth century, decades before scientists previously estimated, according to new research published in the journal Nature.

The study questions the perception of climate change as primarily a 20th century phenomenon and provides new evidence of how quickly the Earth’s atmosphere responds to increased levels of greenhouse gas emissions. Even relatively low levels of greenhouse gas emissions in the first decades of the Industrial Revolution contributed to a temperature increase, according to the research.

“It was one of those moments where science really surprised us,” says study author Nerilie Abram of the Australian National University. “But the results were clear. The climate warming we are witnessing today started about 180 years ago.”

Previous research has relied largely on land temperature records from the Northern Hemisphere to evaluate warming trends. But that’s not where early man-made global warming struck first, according to the new study. Researchers looked at historic data derived from natural sources like coral, tree rings and ice to determine that the first “sustained” and “significant” temperature rise actually occurred in tropical oceans and the Arctic during the 1830s. That’s several decades before most modern temperature data sets began.

Researchers attribute the difference in temperature rise between different geographic locations across the globe to a variety of climate factors including ocean circulation. That, at least in part, explains why temperatures in the Arctic have been rising much faster than anywhere else on the globe—about 16°C (29°F) this winter—while temperature rise in Antartica has been relatively slow.

The work should encourage others studying global warming to incorporate earlier data into their models and research to gain a better understanding of how the world warms, the scientists behind the study say.

Of course, the contribution of humans to global warming in the 19th century pales compared to people’s role today. Temperature rise remained within the area of natural variability until the 1930s, yet in February of this year, the most unusually hot month ever recorded, temperatures rose 1.2°C (2.2°F) higher than the global average during the 20th century. That’s close to the 2°C (3.6°F) threshold held up by scientists as the level where humans will begin to experience the worst effects of temperature rise.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Mankind causing global warming since 19th century
Reply #1 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 12:17pm

Just as well. it took us out of the LIA. Although I am sure you would have loved it. Wink

Just think back then plants were struggling to survive. Now we have greening of the deserts and increased crop yields. Wonderful isn't it?

Of course without the increase in temperature, increase in food availability, increased manufacturing; there probably would not have been a population increase. You may not have been here. Oh joy. Wink.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #2 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 12:24pm

lee wrote on Aug 25th, 2016 at 12:17pm:
Just as well. it took us out of the LIA. Although I am sure you would have loved it. Wink

Just think back then plants were struggling to survive. Now we have greening of the deserts and increased crop yields. Wonderful isn't it?

Of course without the increase in temperature, increase in food availability, increased manufacturing; there probably would not have been a population increase. You may not have been here. Oh joy. Wink.

I suspect the desert of your intellect is blooming from being harrowed with information.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 12:30pm

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 25th, 2016 at 12:24pm:
I suspect the desert of your intellect is blooming from being harrowed with information.

It must be harrowing for you to be constantly debunked. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #4 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 9:02am

There is indisputable scientific evidence that the world has gone through several ICE ages and warming periods over several millenia.

These catastrophic global climate changes miraculously occurred without mankind's influence, and I doubt that the dinosaurs had a petrochemical economy that caused these climate changes.

Now.
If these changes happened, surely the cause should be factored into the current crop of climate change calculations?

Whats that?.........They don't know what caused these changes?
But surely these catastrophic climate events might have some bearing on what is happening today?

Whats that?........they don't count, they are anomalies?
But surely there is some reason for these changes?

Before any REAL scientist considers a theory, they need to evaluate ALL available data.
They need to determine ALL contributing factors and examine Past as well as probable future considerations.

It seems our climate Scientists are simply alarmists who are attempting to fortify their future with alarmist and outrageous prophesies that they have no real understanding of, in other words....Quacks.

Yes we need to stop polluting our planet, who wants to live in a cesspit?
Yes we should get real and reduce the rubbish and protect the environment.
But to make FALSE and MISLEADING statements about a subject they TRULY KNOW LITTLE ABOUT is nothing but alarmist bunkum.

When these so called scientists can predict the weather for three days in a row for the following month, I might just have some respect and belief in their so called science.

And don't give me the (its weather not climate rubbish) its basically the same thing.
The weather is no more complex than climate and if they want us to believe that climate is more predictable than weather, they have just exposed themselves to the simple fact that they are nothing more than frauds and witchdoctors.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print