Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: TOO MANY 'LONE WOLFS'
Reply #45 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 7:06pm

freediver wrote on Aug 23rd, 2016 at 6:43pm:
Bobby. wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 10:31pm:
freediver wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 9:32pm:
There are large Muslim countries where the majority of Muslims support the death penalty for apostasy and stoning people to death for adultery.

You have a good point.
I wonder what the percentage is in Australia?

Do you think there is a fairly broad tendency towards ignorance and deliberate self-delusion among non-Muslims on this issue? There are literally a billion people on earth who are hostile to values that we take for granted, like freedom and democracy, and Islam gives them a political movement to unite behind. People tend to mistake their impotence for benign intent, but they inflict a lot of suffering on their victims, and we seem to not want to know about it.

Inflict a lot of suffering on their victims who are mostly other Muslims.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #46 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 6:59pm

Perhaps the majority are Muslims. But so what? Does that somehow make it better? Would you be less disappointed if a Muslim beheaded Gandalf rather than Sprint?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #47 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 7:16pm

freediver wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 6:59pm:
Perhaps the majority are Muslims. But so what? Does that somehow make it better? Would you be less disappointed if a Muslim beheaded Gandalf rather than Sprint?

It would be a tragedy no matter who was killed.

I find it hard to believe  that people are still killing other people
over some old book in 2016.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #48 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 7:21pm

So why did you bring it up Bobby? Did you have a point?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #49 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 7:55pm

freediver wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 7:21pm:
So why did you bring it up Bobby? Did you have a point?

I believe that the overwhelming majority of Muslims hate these radical Muslims.

They have brought nothing but tragedy & death to the world.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #50 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 8:08pm

And yet a lot of them share their goals. What do you actually know about what the "overwhelming majority" of Muslims think?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #51 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 8:14pm

freediver wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 8:08pm:
And yet a lot of them share their goals. What do you actually know about what the "overwhelming majority" of Muslims think?

Sorry - I have no scientific survey but pure
logic would say that I'm right.

Most people surely have a need to live their life in peace?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #52 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 9:43pm

I will give you that - most people want to avoid an early, violent end. Even here of course, Islam creates plenty of exceptions.

Is that the extent of what you are projecting onto the world's Muslims? Fear of death?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #53 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 10:28pm

freediver wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 9:43pm:
I will give you that - most people want to avoid an early, violent end. Even here of course, Islam creates plenty of exceptions.

Is that the extent of what you are projecting onto the world's Muslims? Fear of death?

Yes - I think normal people fear death.
Religions play on their fears.

I actually got my ideas from watching a Q&A one night.
A moderate Muslim defended her fellow Muslims by saying that
the radicals are hated & not supported.

It's really the same as the Christians -
how many Christians follow the laws of Deuteronomy?

see here:
http://www.evilbible.com/evil-bible-home-page/murder-in-the-bible/

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #54 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 12:17am

Bobby. wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 10:28pm:
freediver wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 9:43pm:

Yes - I think normal people fear death.
Religions play on their fears.

I actually got my ideas from watching a Q&A one night.

A moderate Muslim defended her fellow Muslims by saying that
the radicals are hated & not supported.

see here:
http://www.evilbible.com/evil-bible-home-page/murder-in-the-bible/

Logic is failing you, bobby.

There ain't no such creature bobby.

A 'moderate moslem' is a mythical beast.

When moderate moslems say that 'radicals are hated & not supported' they [the moderate moslems] are posturing.

Dictionary;
posture = =  v. [often as noun posturing] behave in a way that is intended to impress or mislead others.

This is a moslem 'posturing' too bobby.

Telling the public in the UK that he condemned the killing of all innocent civilians.

------------ >

Quote:

Inside the sect that loves terror
August 07, 2005

......In public interviews Bakri condemned the killing of all innocent civilians.

Later when he addressed his own followers he explained that he had in fact been referring only to Muslims as only they were innocent: “Yes I condemn killing any innocent people, but not any kuffar.”

these are old links, but the article is kosher.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1724541,00.html
another source, "Undercover in the academy of hatred"...
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1458729/posts

bobby,

Why does a person, a moslem, insist that he is a moslem,      ...but will then publicly, try to disassociate himself from what he knows, mainstream ISLAM promotes in ISLAM's mainstream doctrines ???

bobby,

If a person denounces the principle tenets of ISLAM, for example by declaring that 'radicals are hated & not supported', then in what sense, is the moderate moslem, a moslem ?

bobby,

Answer me this;

How can a moslem, insist that he is a moslem,        ....AND YET, AT THE VERY SAME TIME DENOUNCE THE ISLAMIC TENETS WHICH ARE CONTAINED WITHIN THE KORAN ?
       ....the very the tenets and laws of ISLAM, in the Koran, which the 'radical moslems' adhere to ?

Your logic is failing you, bobby.

bobby,

You are dreaming.

You are living in lala land.

Dictionary;
la-la land = =
1 Los Angeles or Hollywood, especially with regard to the film and television industry.
2 a dreamworld.

bobby, bobby, bobby, bobby.....

Lets me say it once more,      .....with feeling;

Every moslem, is a moslem.

A moslem is a follower of ISLAM.       < -------- dictionary definition.

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1451577940/5#5
Quote:

........I know that it can be a difficult concept for many to grasp,

.....but i am still promoting the proposition that,

.....a person who insists that he is a moslem,

....is, a moslem.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #55 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 12:58am

Yadda wrote on Aug 25th, 2016 at 12:17am:

Logic is failing you, bobby.

There ain't no such creature bobby.

A 'moderate moslem' is a mythical beast.

bobby,

I feel the need to press this point.....

Why would any person who claims to hold 'moderate' views,     ....want to [still] directly associate himself, with what is a violent, cruel and intolerant philosophy ?

A philosophy, which tells its followers that it is lawful and virtuous, to seek to enslave or kill, persons who do not believe as they believe ?

I said, the moslem directly associates himself, 'with' [ISLAM] ???

How so ?

By insisting on using that descriptor; ["Yes! I'm a moslem."], to identify himself, the 'moslem', is identifying himself, as a follower of ISLAM.

Why don't you see that bobby ?

bobby,      ....are you prepared to simply believe, a person [who also identifies with ISLAM],      ....when he tells you he doesn't support extremism ?

Are you that 'soft in the head' bobby ?

Yadda said....
Quote:

Dictionary;
Muslim = = a follower of Islam.

Google;
Shahada, confession of faith, of a muslim

"There is no god except for Allah alone; and Muhammad is the Apostle of Allah."

Today, many moslems - living in Australia - are insisting that we, Australians, must be forced to believe the incredible;

"I'm a moslem, and i worship Allah, and i revere Mohammed his messenger.
And i know that Allah calls for the enslavement and/or murder of all non-moslems - THROUGH JIHAD [religious fighting, when moslems have that 'opportunity'].

But i don't follow that part of my faith.

HONEST!"

Dictionary;
incredible = =
1 impossible to believe.
2 difficult to believe; extraordinary.

Spokesmen for ISLAM will tell anyone who will listen;

THAT IT IS WRONG, AND THAT IT IS TOTALLY AGAINST ISLAMIC LAW,      TO KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE.

Please watch this YT...
A UK moslem community leader, speaking in the wake of the London 7/7 bombing;

Quote:

YT
KILLING OF NON-MUSLIMS IS LEGITIMATE

"...when we say innocent people, we mean moslems."

"....[not accepting ISLAM] is a crime against God."
"...If you are a non-moslem, then you are guilty of not believing in God."
"...as a moslem....i must have hatred towards everything which is non-ISLAM."
"...[moslems] allegiance is always with the moslems, so i will never condemn a moslem for what he does."
"...Britain has always been Dar al Harb [the Land of War]"
"...no, i could never condemn a moslem brother, i would never condemn a moslem brother. I will always stand with my moslem brother....whether he is an oppresser or the oppressed."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maHSOB2RFm4

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 1:45pm

Bobby wrote

Quote:

You're 2016 years behind the times Bobby.

Luke 16:16  The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached , and every man presseth into it.

Clearly tells Christians that the law had a time line which ended with John

Rom 3:20  Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Rom 3:28  Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Gal 2:16  Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Gal 3:11  But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Again clearly tells Christians that they cannot justify themselves with the law.

Why do you keep harping on about something which was thrown out 2016 years ago?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #57 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 2:24pm

Dear Moses ,
you need some education:
http://www.evilbible.com/do-not-ignore-the-old-testament/

Do Not Ignore The Old Testament

Thou Shall Not Ignore the Old Testament!

New Testament Verses Which Demand Following the Old Testament

Many Christians claim that the Old Testament laws do not apply to us because Jesus was the “lamb” to clear away its rules and regulations.  This is just another scapegoat that Christians use to ignore the atrocities and bizarre laws commanded by their god.  Their preachers spoon feed them that the Old Testament is no longer binding so that they can excuse the majority of evil that the bible promotes.  I am so tired of Christians manipulating the scriptures so that they can assign a kinder nature to their God, that I have assembled a list of verses which clearly show that the Old Testament is not to be ignored.  Its laws should indeed be adhered to, for the New Testament demands it!

1) “For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished.  Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 5:18-19 RSV)  Clearly the Old Testament is to be obeyed until the end of human existence itself.  None other then Jesus said so.

2) All of the vicious Old Testament laws will be binding forever.  “It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid.” (Luke 16:17 NAB)

3) Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets.  He hasn’t the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament.  “Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill.  Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place.” (Matthew 5:17 NAB)

3b) “All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness…” (2 Timothy 3:16 NAB)

3c) “Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God.” (2 Peter 20-21 NAB)

4) Jesus criticizes the Jews for not killing their disobedient children according to Old Testament law.  Mark.7:9-13  “Whoever curses father or mother shall die” (Mark 7:10 NAB)

5) Jesus is criticized by the Pharisees for not washing his hands before eating.  He defends himself by attacking them for not killing disobedient children according to the commandment: “He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.” (Matthew 15:4-7)

6) Jesus has a punishment even worse than his father concerning adultery: God said the act of adultery was punishable by death. Jesus says looking with lust is the same thing and you should gouge your eye out, better a part, than the whole.  The punishment under Jesus is an eternity in Hell.  (Matthew 5:27)

7) Peter says that all slaves should “be subject to [their] masters with all fear,” to the bad and cruel as well as the “good and gentle.” This is merely an echo of the same slavery commands in the Old Testament. 1 Peter 2:18

8) “Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law” (John7:19) and “For the law was given by Moses,…” (John 1:17).

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 4:13pm

Don't really agree Bobby.

With regards to the law being fulfilled (1 - 2 - 3) of your post, as I see it

Christ said in Mathew 5:17  Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Fulfill means:
(1) To accomplish or to carry into effect, as a Prophecy or a Promise; (2) to meet or satisfy the requirements; (3) to bring to a finish or completion; (4) to bring the conditions of a law to realization; (5)to bring to a consummation. (6) to bring to fruition.

Consequently if the O.T. Law has been successfully brought to a conclusion, it is finished, not applicable to today's Christian. Christ fulfilled the law.

(3b) I would say that Christians could see scripture as **useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness. There is nothing which says blind adherence and total lack of analysis is obligatory, so no the law still is defunct.

(3c)Men make prophecies guided by whatever their inner spirit is telling them at the time, they assume it is of a holy nature. However Christians are told in 1John 4:1  Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God, So christians are told to question the spirit. Also reference to the wrong spirit is in Luke 9:55  But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. (Christians  must not just accept things blindly Bobby)

(4 & 5) When Christ was rebuked for  not washing His hands you will notice His answer was: Mark 7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition. Full well means **to know something without a doubt** You know something with absolute certainty. The Jews had long ago realized that the kill the disobedient children law was wrong they had given it up, Christ agreed with their beliefs he was simply calling them hypocrites for chiding him for not obeying the law of washing your hands, when they themselves had dismissed the law themselves. If you have read the relevant chapter the point of it all is fully explained: Matthew 15:11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man. (So no I can't agree with the anti Christian agenda that Christ was in favour of, the law had to blindly followed)

(6) You don't think Jesus was using an overstated analogy? How do you explain the following:

John 8:3  And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,

John 8:4  They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.

John 8:5  Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?

John 8:6  This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.

John 8:7  So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Once again I think your pushed by overzealous anti-Christian agendas.

(7) My take has always been that men preach and write what their inner being tells them, 2000 years ago slavery was an accepted part of society, I think it is a good thing that at least the societies of today which had their roots in Christianity have long ago given up slavery, with todays' hindsight we know that slavery is wrong. (we are well ahead of muslims, Hindus and whoever else is still practicing human rights abuses, in this field)

(8) a bit of disingenuous work here Bobby

John 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. (the important bit is: grace and truth came by Christ) clearly reinforcing the teaching that man was redeemed by grace and faith in Christ not the law.

John 7:19 Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me? ( This is merely a statement of fact, it also reinforces the bit about  not washing your hands (see 4&5 above).

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #59 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 4:46pm

Hi Moses - I read it differently to you.

It's a pity that the same text can be read 2 ways by 2 different people.

Sounds ambiguous to me.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print