Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12
Send Topic Print
The Trouble with Atheists (Read 14229 times)
issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Re: The Trouble with Atheists
Reply #90 - Jan 19th, 2017 at 6:18pm

I am not asking for a definition of the word God. If that cannot be done, its fine with me. At the risk of repetition, I am not an atheist, but don't expect me to believe in something that cannot be explained, or that believers will not event take a stab at. In this way G,O,D, can be exchanged for X,Y, Z.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #91 - Jan 19th, 2017 at 7:37pm

issuevoter wrote on Jan 19th, 2017 at 6:18pm:
I am not asking for a definition of the word God. If that cannot be done, its fine with me. At the risk of repetition, I am not an atheist, but don't expect me to believe in something that cannot be explained, or that believers will not event take a stab at. In this way G,O,D, can be exchanged for X,Y, Z.

Explain love. If you have never been in love you could not explain it. A lot of the things we call 'emotions' are really experiences; mourning, hope, yearning, fear, etc.

God is an experience, too. People have experienced what they call god, others have not. It's not unlike having children - you can't quite explain it to anyone who hasn't.

God has seven names (nouns) because you cannot capture the verb (Being) of god in a single thing-name, ie a noun. A verb is an experience. God is a verb, not a noun.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #92 - Jan 19th, 2017 at 7:49pm

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #93 - Jan 19th, 2017 at 9:05pm

Bobby. wrote on Jan 19th, 2017 at 7:49pm:

An ignorant fool exploiting the ignorance of other fools to make money as a 'comedian'. The old foo, has a pony tail, FFS - who can take anyone like THAT seriously????

This guy is the worst kind of low intensity cheap jokes fool. He is milking his and his audience's ignorance by deprecating all the people who have built hos own civilisation.

A cheap fool, now dead and forgotten but for occasional forum posts like this.

Here's another creep, enjoy. This is the mong for those who though Carlin was OK.  Gervais, trying not to funny but creepy and succeedingWHat a prat.
« Last Edit: Jan 19th, 2017 at 9:24pm by Frank »  

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #94 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 6:43am

Frank wrote on Jan 19th, 2017 at 7:37pm:

Explain love. If you have never been in love you could not explain it. A lot of the things we call 'emotions' are really experiences; mourning, hope, yearning, fear, etc.

God is an experience, too. People have experienced what they call god, others have not. It's not unlike having children - you can't quite explain it to anyone who hasn't.

God has seven names (nouns) because you cannot capture the verb (Being) of god in a single thing-name, ie a noun. A verb is an experience. God is a verb, not a noun.

How do you know what they have experienced?

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #95 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 11:46am

Frank wrote on Jan 19th, 2017 at 7:37pm:

If he's a verb, how can their be any proof for it?

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #96 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 1:35pm

"In the beginning there was the word, and the word was with the verb."

Christianity was not built on that concept.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #97 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 1:54pm

issuevoter wrote on Jan 20th, 2017 at 1:35pm:

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

"In the beginning was the Word"

One word.

"Universe"

Uni means one.

Verse means word.

Universe = one word

It is all, just a 'co-incidence' of a word, and a basic human concept ???

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #98 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 2:29pm

Yadda wrote on Jan 20th, 2017 at 1:54pm:

One word.

"Universe"

Uni means one.

Verse means word.

Universe = one word

Wernickes aphasia.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #99 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 7:13pm

Yadda wrote on Jan 20th, 2017 at 1:54pm:

One word.

"Universe"

Uni means one.

Verse means word.

Universe = one word

Actually, that was just a play on words, if you will forgive the pun, aimed at Franks interpretation of God as a verb. Someone should God something about it.

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #100 - Jan 22nd, 2017 at 11:30pm

Yadda wrote on Sep 17th, 2016 at 9:56am:
The Trouble with Atheists SATANISTS......

Satan gave humans critical thinking, something god didn't want us to have. He didn't want us to eat from the tree of knowledge so we could be thought slaves for eternity. Satan did us a favour there by turning the tables with one conversation.

Also satan killed a grand total of ten people in the bible. God has killed millions.

He understands human nature but doesn't judge you for being human.

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #101 - Jan 22nd, 2017 at 11:51pm

Raven wrote on Jan 22nd, 2017 at 11:30pm:
Yadda wrote on Sep 17th, 2016 at 9:56am:
The Trouble with Atheists SATANISTS......

Satan gave humans critical thinking, something god didn't want us to have. He didn't want us to eat from the tree of knowledge so we could be thought slaves for eternity. Satan did us a favour there by turning the tables with one conversation.

Also satan killed a grand total of ten people in the bible. God has killed millions.

He understands human nature but doesn't judge you for being human.

My thoughts have been a little different. If life here is a test as Christians say and the wheat is being sifted from the chaff, what better way for Dog to do that than make up a bunch of silly beliefs and see who follows them. If Dog made us and he wants us to live with him as company for eternity, would he want sycophants that sit at his knee as yes men kissing his feet or as intellectual beings he can discuss things with? One of those choices would be rather boring.

To cut a long story short, those that are followers of "someone said, so I believe" are the chaff, the ones destined to oblivion, those that use their intellect, those that do not accept crazy as truth are the ones he wants, a joke on the gullible and feeble of mind.

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #102 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 12:05am

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #103 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 12:33am

Raven wrote on Jan 23rd, 2017 at 12:05am:

I'm with you there but what do you think of my thought experiment about if there was a god and sifting wheat from chaff?

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #104 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 12:52am

Setanta wrote on Jan 22nd, 2017 at 11:51pm:

.....If life here is a test as Christians say and the wheat is being sifted from the chaff, what better way for Dog to do that than make up a bunch of silly beliefs and see who follows them. If Dog made us and he wants us to live with him as company for eternity, would he want sycophants that sit at his knee as yes men kissing his feet or as intellectual beings he can discuss things with? One of those choices would be rather boring.

To cut a long story short, those that are followers of "someone said, so I believe" are the chaff, the ones destined to oblivion, those that use their intellect, those that do not accept crazy as truth are the ones he wants, a joke on the gullible and feeble of mind.

Setanta,

I agree with the logic of your argument.

And i have [more or less] expressed that same argument, previously on OzPol.

e.g.
If the account within scripture can be believed, it presents the ancient Abraham as not a fawning, servile flatterer, not a 'yes man'.

But as a person who sought and enquired, from God, as to why something 'was so'.

Yadda said
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1317254052/25#25
Quote:

Genesis 18:23
And Abraham drew near, and said,
Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked?

24  Peradventure there be fifty righteous within the city: wilt thou also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are therein?
25  That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?

Abraham was a brave soul, who knew the difference between righteousness, and wickedness, and who knew the difference between good, and evil.

Abraham was a righteous soul, and even brave enough to demonstrate to his God, that he, Abraham, was a righteous soul.

Abraham was not a fawning, servile flatterer.

Abraham was not a moslem.

+++

Compare Abraham's conduct, with the conduct of moslems [from an ISLAMIC source]....

....."Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) faced the Black Stone, touched it, and then placed his lips on it and wept for a long time."
.....Ibn 'Abbas that 'Umar bent down towards the Black Stone and said: "By Allah! I know that you are a mere stone, and if I had not seen my beloved Prophet (peace be upon him) kissing you and touching you I would have never done so." The Qur'an says: "You have indeed in the Messenger of Allah a beautiful pattern (of conduct)."'
....'Ever since I saw the Prophet (peace be upon him) doing this, I have never failed to do that.'
law/fiqhussunnah/fus5_76.html#5.74b

Ibn 'Abbas that 'Umar.....
'Ever since I saw the Prophet (peace be upon him) doing this, I have never failed to do that.'

What all moslems are....

Dictionary;
sycophant = = a toady; a servile flatterer.

Moslems take it upon themselves, to murder those, who resist THEIR WILL.

NO RIGHTEOUS MAN WOULD DO THIS MURDER.

And God will judge them.

And Abraham was a brave and righteous man, and no moslem.

1 Thessalonians 5:21
Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
22  Abstain from all appearance of evil.

".....If life here is a test as Christians say..."

The 'wilderness' type, of scripture, is analogous to our own situ 'in the world'.

i.e.
Our being separated, from the presence of God.

And, our situ as 'the lost sheep', being 'lost in the world', being lost in the 'wilderness' of the world.

Deuteronomy 8:2
And thou shalt remember all the way which the LORD thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12
Send Topic Print