Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 12
Send Topic Print
The Trouble with Atheists (Read 14001 times)
issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
The Trouble with Atheists
Aug 20th, 2016 at 7:22am

Right, Agnostics; let's get them out of the way first. MAKE UP YOUR BLOODY MINDS!  . . . Buncha wimps . . .

Why is it that you Atheists allow yourselves to be defined by what you are not? How do you think your name came about? But anyway, that's another subject. What we all probably agree on, is that the Universe and Reality were made a long time ago; away back before the trade unions. So whether you believe in God , or not, you have to admit His way is the cheapest.

Same goes for morals. Why do you Godless hard-arses have to do every thing the difficult way? With God's morals, you don't have to think for yourself. But oh no. No one is going to tell you urban and urbane sophisticates what to think.

The wrongness of murder, theft, and lies, takes a whole lotta figuring out. Its not obvious and it strains the brain, but with God's morals . . . no problem. It's easy. It was all written down long ago, by people dumber than you. And if you don't like one set, its easy to find another. Belief in God, is a moral smorgasbord, and if you have a short attention span, most come with neat stories about sex and violence, just like on TV.

Actually, with God's morals you don't even have to change religions, if you have doubts. Just re-interpret, or cherry pick the one you've got. People have been doing it for a thousand years, without regret or nostalgia.

The truth of the matter is you Atheists, with all your philosophy and humanism, are just too stubborn and mentally lazy to get out of your own way. But don't listen to me,  Roll Eyes I have tried to do you a favour, but there are none so blind as those who will not see.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Re: The Trouble with Atheists
Reply #1 - Aug 21st, 2016 at 12:54am

issuevoter wrote on Aug 20th, 2016 at 7:22am:
Right, Agnostics; let's get them out of the way first. MAKE UP YOUR BLOODY MINDS!  . . . Buncha wimps . . .

Why is it that you Atheists allow yourselves to be defined by what you are not? How do you think your name came about? But anyway, that's another subject. What we all probably agree on, is that the Universe and Reality were made a long time ago; away back before the trade unions. So whether you believe in God , or not, you have to admit His way is the cheapest.

Same goes for morals. Why do you Godless hard-arses have to do every thing the difficult way? With God's morals, you don't have to think for yourself. But oh no. No one is going to tell you urban and urbane sophisticates what to think.

The wrongness of murder, theft, and lies, takes a whole lotta figuring out. Its not obvious and it strains the brain, but with God's morals . . . no problem. It's easy. It was all written down long ago, by people dumber than you. And if you don't like one set, its easy to find another. Belief in God, is a moral smorgasbord, and if you have a short attention span, most come with neat stories about sex and violence, just like on TV.

Actually, with God's morals you don't even have to change religions, if you have doubts. Just re-interpret, or cherry pick the one you've got. People have been doing it for a thousand years, without regret or nostalgia.

The truth of the matter is you Atheists, with all your philosophy and humanism, are just too stubborn and mentally lazy to get out of your own way. But don't listen to me,  Roll Eyes I have tried to do you a favour, but there are none so blind as those who will not see.

Grin

I guess we'll just have to live with our failings and go to hell.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #2 - Aug 21st, 2016 at 10:50am

"I guess we'll just have to live with our failings and go to hell."

I don't believe in heaven and hell, or the Devil, but my parents warned me about the Boogey-man! I ain't messin'with that dude!

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 1:24am

It's hard to find intelligent atheists. Often, those who proclaim their atheism the loudest are often as dumb, if not dumber, than the religious. Their problem is that they begin from rebellion rather than curiosity; that is, rather than asking what proof is there for god, they begin by not liking the concept of god or what has been done in the name of god then working backwards from there.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #4 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 8:40am

Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 1:24am:
It's hard to find intelligent atheists. Often, those who proclaim their atheism the loudest are often as dumb, if not dumber, than the religious. Their problem is that they begin from rebellion rather than curiosity; that is, rather than asking what proof is there for god, they begin by not liking the concept of god or what has been done in the name of god then working backwards from there.

I really do find it difficult sometimes to believe you work/worked in the tertiary sector. This is one of those times.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 4:02am

What is it specifically you take issue with?

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #6 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 8:41am

Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Aug 25th, 2016 at 4:02am:
What is it specifically you take issue with?

Pretty much all of it, especially the sense that atheism is rebellion rather than a state of curiosity. My atheism came from reading and understanding and a sense that the religious stories I'd heard in my youth just had something missing in terms of facts.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #7 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 7:39pm

I actually worked backwards from what you state. It wasn't rebellion it was being brought up religious(Catholic), investigating and trying other Christian sects, reading, searching. I think I wanted to be religious but there came a time that I just could not believe the unbelievable and contradictory no matter how hard I tried.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #8 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 9:13pm

Those who tell you that they have information about the nature of reality which is not obviously available to all people at all times, is not trying to convince you. They are trying to convince themselves.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #9 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 10:28pm

Yep.

Good post.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #10 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 10:41pm

Atheism & Beyond Presents..

Proving That Nobody Can Get Into Heaven.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #11 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 10:42pm

Setanta wrote on Aug 25th, 2016 at 7:39pm:

I actually worked backwards from what you state. It wasn't rebellion it was being brought up religious(Catholic), investigating and trying other Christian sects, reading, searching. I think I wanted to be religious but there came a time that I just could not believe the unbelievable and contradictory no matter how hard I tried.

Nobody who reads the bible, and understands what it is saying [to the human psyche], imo, could remain an atheist.

Yadda said...
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1435998745/0#0
Quote:

We have no power, to choose God.

It is God who chooses us.

A person is not accepted of God, because a person attends a [particular] church, or not.

We are accepted of God, when we love God, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd!    ....and obey him.

Is God unjust, because he discriminates ?

Are you unjust, because in the supermarket, you select one tomato from those 'on offer', and reject the spoiled tomato next to it ?

Dictionary;
discrimination = =
1 the action of discriminating against people.
2 recognition and understanding of the difference between one thing and another.   good judgement or taste.

AND;

Dictionary;
discriminating = = having or showing good taste or judgement.

Isaiah 48:10
Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.

Daniel 12:10
Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

Revelation 21:7
He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
8  But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Jesus words......

Luke 3:8
Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and begin not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, That God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
9  And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: every tree therefore which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

God does not 'like' unrepentant souls.

But, God states [IN HIS WORD] that he will have mercy upon the repentant soul.

------------ >

Psalms 25:8
Good and upright is the LORD: therefore will he teach sinners in the way.
9  The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.
10  All the paths of the LORD are mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.
11  For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great.
12  What man is he that feareth the LORD? him shall he teach in the way that he shall choose.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #12 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 10:51pm

Yadda wrote on Aug 25th, 2016 at 10:42pm:
Setanta wrote on Aug 25th, 2016 at 7:39pm:

Nobody who reads the bible, and understands what it is saying [to the human psyche], imo, could remain an atheist.

In your opinion, there you go. Don't rely on your opinion. You don't have to rely on mine either but it is the opposite. You can ask why I hold that opinion but you will never accept it as, as Issue pointed out, you need to keep yourself from backsliding by reinforcing what you believe by pushing it at others as the only way.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #13 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 10:59pm

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #14 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 11:12pm

Bobby. wrote on Aug 25th, 2016 at 10:59pm:

He got one thing wrong Bobby, it's easy to find a witch! Religious people know how. Wink

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 12
Send Topic Print