German Burqa ban (Read 3844 times)
Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Re: German Burqa ban
Reply #30 - Aug 20th, 2016 at 10:33am

Gordon wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 9:37pm:
Wow

Iran Arrests Eight Instagram Models for Not Wearing the Hijab

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2016/05/16/iran-cracks-instagram-mode...

"BUT IT'S NOT ISLAM, YOU FOOOLS!!"

(WHY don't they ever listen to us, gandalf?)

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #31 - Aug 20th, 2016 at 10:35am

Gordon wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 9:44pm:
And you're a regressive who will be a a text6d book study of the rise of left wing regressive fascism Smiley
Future generations will study your lunatic dogmatic idiology.

Idiotology.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #32 - Aug 20th, 2016 at 2:29pm

mothra wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 9:35pm:
Gordon wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 9:32pm:
mothra wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 9:30pm:
Strick isn't a word, Gordy.

The word you are looking for is "strict".

At least I can do a quick Google search to fact checking something.  How's Guinea today?

I  think getting Guinea confused with Guinea-Bissau is less humiliating than thinking "strick" is a word.

But you keep on trucking

Vintage mothra obfuscation

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #33 - Aug 21st, 2016 at 8:26am

It should not be a ban. The law for everyone, should be that you cannot go masked in public, for the obvious reason that a concealed identity can be used for criminal purposes. Wear a mask at home if you wish, or in a theatrical setting, but in an airport, bank, government building where the intention of religious fanatics is to murder people? Absolutely not. And if you argue that your religion, or other perversion, requires you to cover your face, you should move to a more superstitious and tribal area of the world where such archaic stupidity is still carried on.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Aug 21st, 2016 at 10:11am

issuevoter wrote on Aug 21st, 2016 at 8:26am:
It should not be a ban. The law for everyone, should be that you cannot go masked in public, for the obvious reason that a concealed identity can be used for criminal purposes. Wear a mask at home if you wish, or in a theatrical setting, but in an airport, bank, government building where the intention of religious fanatics is to murder people? Absolutely not. And if you argue that your religion, or other perversion, requires you to cover your face, you should move to a more superstitious and tribal area of the world where such archaic stupidity is still carried on.

What about parades, and mascots in costume at sporting events - no more masks?

Wouldn't this (below) be an ideal way to carry a bomb and conceal your identity, in Germany, for example?

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #35 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 8:48am

The Interior Minister of North Rhine Westphalia has suggested that banning the burqa in Germany would mean you'd also probably have to ban Santa Clause costumes.

This the LWNJ who refused to allow the police to roster more forces for the NYE festival in Cologne and who, after approx 1000 sex assaults had come to light, blamed the police for not having provided enough supervision and sacked the police chief

His name is Jaeger and he is an A1 LWNJ.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 10:06am

bogarde73 wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 8:48am:
The Interior Minister of North Rhine Westphalia has suggested that banning the burqa in Germany would mean you'd also probably have to ban Santa Clause costumes.

If it's all about security, then that statement is correct.

However, I think we all know that this isn't about security: it's about Islamophobia.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #37 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 10:26am

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 10:06am:

However, I think we all know that this isn't about security: it's about Islamophobia.

There's no such thing as Islamophobia. It's called Islamoskepticisim now. Get up to date, old boy.

IBI

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 11:20am

Gordon wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 10:26am:

There's no such thing as Islamophobia. It's called Islamoskepticisim now. Get up to date, old boy.

Semantics aside, if the ban is about security, then the highlighted statement is correct.

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 7:22am

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 8:38pm:
Gordon wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 8:28pm:
Good stuff Germany.
Ban the burqa, ban Merkel then ban muzzies

If they decide to ban irrational, ignorant, and bigoted Islamophobes whose lives have been destroyed by xenophobia, you'll have to cancel your Oktoberfest holiday.

Poor Gweggy is upset that conservative Islam will be dealt another blow Sad. Gweggy, why are you in favour of conservative Islam?

Disclaimer for Mothra per POST so it is forever acknowledged: Saying 'Islam' or 'Muslims' doesn't mean ALL muslims. This does not target individual muslims who's opinion I am not aware of.

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 7:24am

mothra wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 9:35pm:
Gordon wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 9:32pm:
mothra wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 9:30pm:
Strick isn't a word, Gordy.

The word you are looking for is "strict".

At least I can do a quick Google search to fact checking something.  How's Guinea today?

I  think getting Guinea confused with Guinea-Bissau is less humiliating than thinking "strick" is a word.

But you keep on trucking.

Yet both countries didn't prove your claim that FGM is prevalent in non Muslim communities to the same scale as it is in Muslim communities, and still you refuse to acknowledge that perhaps Islam has something to do with it.  Sorry, mothra, but that's called being pig headed.  Just like you are being pig headed on trying to suggest that the burqa is a choice.

Disclaimer for Mothra per POST so it is forever acknowledged: Saying 'Islam' or 'Muslims' doesn't mean ALL muslims. This does not target individual muslims who's opinion I am not aware of.

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 7:26am

And what do you think about the other part of boges post?  What is it with you regressives and only answering things you're comfortable with?  It's dreadfully juvenile.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #42 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 8:12am

Yes they do seem to like to build their cases on partial quotes don't they. I guess it will eventually come to challenging "ands" and "buts".
However they are of little consequence.

The situation in France is getting interesting.
I've no doubt some higher, more elitist court in Paris will overturn the local burkini bans.
I can't help thinking though what a menacing apparition these women must present in a society presently torn by fear of terrorism.
Imagine one of them surfacing in the water near a small child. It must be a fearful sight.
And, like everything else these people do, this is probably part of their psychological warfare too.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 8:45am

sir prince duke alevine wrote on Aug 25th, 2016 at 7:22am:
Good stuff Germany.

If they decide to ban irrational, ignorant, and bigoted Islamophobes whose lives have been destroyed by xenophobia, you'll have to cancel your Oktoberfest holiday.

Poor Gweggy is upset that conservative Islam will be dealt another blow Sad. Gweggy, why are you in favour of conservative Islam? 

I couldn't care less about Islam, or any other religion.

What "upsets" me is the fact that so many of my fellow Australians are such uneducated, bigoted buffoons filled with hatred.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #44 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 9:25am

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 25th, 2016 at 8:45am:
sir prince duke alevine wrote on Aug 25th, 2016 at 7:22am:
Good stuff Germany.

I couldn't care less about Islam, or any other religion.

What "upsets" me is the fact that so many of my fellow Australians are such uneducated, bigoted buffoons filled with hatred.

Right answer wrong post  Smiley
« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2016 at 9:31am by BigOl64 »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print