Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
American hunting is effeminate (Read 4063 times)
BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Re: American hunting is effeminate
Reply #15 - Aug 9th, 2016 at 2:44pm

WJV wrote on Aug 9th, 2016 at 12:50pm:
Black Orchid wrote on Aug 9th, 2016 at 12:27pm:
Don't have a fit but are you Aboriginal?

When I lived up the north coast it was the Aboriginals spotlighting in the state forests.  We would be driving home minding our own business and would almost be run off the road by these yobbos hanging out the back of a ute with their guns and tinnies.  They would even drive right through a fence on private property.

I also saw the ugly cruelty these people left behind in their wake when they couldn't kill a roo in their drunken stupors   ...  and just left badly maimed and injured animals behind.

No I have no Aboriginality that I am aware of. I do have two nephews that are partly Aboriginal though so I consider myself to be a part of the Aboriginal family.

When I was a kid we hunted roos mostly and with staghounds. This was the most fun - to hunt with dogs. Have you ever seen a staghound kill a roo? It is pretty brutal. Have you heard that noise that a roo will make when it is being attacked? I had a mate that used to take this big slow stupid rottweiler rooing. Have you ever seen a big rottweiler kill a kangaroo?

I have heard that you have to ask an Aboriginal elder if you want to kill a crocodile. Fair enough.

Your mate is an idiot, Rotties are guard dogs not hunting dogs.

IP Logged

WJV

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Aug 9th, 2016 at 4:52pm

They have pigs in USA dont they? And a dog can kill a deer. A staghound-cross wolfhound would be perfect but people use bigger dogs for pigging. If a dog can kill a razorback then why not a deer?

Quote:
IS IT LEGAL TO USE DOGS TO HUNT DEER?

The use of dogs in hunting can pose welfare risks to both the animal being hunted and the dog.
Deer are ‘flighty’ animals and are easily frightened by dogs, so being chased by them, even for short periods, has the potential to result in distress to the deer and injuries if they run into fences and other obstacles. When deer are pursued for extended periods by scent-trailing hounds the negative welfare impacts are further increased.

In some states in Australia it is still legal to use dogs to locate, point to, or flush out deer when hunting and also in Victoria, to use scent-trailing hounds to chase deer. Dogs are not permitted to be used for hunting deer in Tasmania.

The regulations relating to the use of dogs to hunt deer differ between states and there is sometimes confusion around the difference between ‘hunting with hounds’ and ‘hunting with dogs’. ‘Hunting with hounds’ (that is scent-trailing hounds) is used to hunt sambar deer in Victoria, but this practice is not permitted in NSW. Sambar deer are the largest of Australia's wild deer and are considered a premier game animal by hunters.

The Victorian game regulations prescribe where and when hunting sambar with hounds can occur as well as height and breed standards for the hounds used (beagles, bloodhounds and harriers), the number of hounds that can be used during a hunt (five hounds with up to three additional pups under the age of 12 months) and numbers of hunters that can hunt at any one time (10 persons with up to two junior or non-Australian resident hunters). In Victoria scent-trailing hounds must not be used to hunt hog deer, red deer, rusa deer, chital deer or fallow deer. However, prescribed breeds of ‘gundogs’ (e.g. Labrador retriever, Irish setter, cocker spaniel, pointer, Weimaraner) and ‘deer hunting dogs’ (e.g. Border terrier, fox terriers, German hunting terrier, Jack Russell terrier, Finnish spitz, Norwegian elkhound, dachshund) can be used on all deer species (except for hog deer -the smallest species of wild deer in Australia). The regulations set the maximum number of gundogs and deer hunting dogs to two at any one time.

In NSW, a dog may only be used for locating, pointing, or flushing deer, but hunting with scent-trailing hounds is not permitted. A person hunting alone must not use more than one dog and a group that is hunting together must not use more than two dogs for hunting wild deer.

-RSPCA

We have deers in Australia too you know. And apparently the Australian RSPCA feels the need to tell us not to use dogs to kill deers. So. American dogs and American hunters may not use dogs to kill deers but like I said - American hunters are girls.

IP Logged

WJV

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Aug 9th, 2016 at 4:56pm

Yes that is why it was funny. But you will find that all dogs have an instinct to kill and once they get a taste for blood it is hard to stop them. That rottweiler was an idiot and it would run off and kill sheep if you were not careful. It also started escaping its yard and killing peoples chickens. Surprisingly it was great at killing cats. Because it seemed slow chasing roos next to staghounds, but it could catch a cat. It ended up killing a cat or something and it was going to be put down so my mate had to send it away to his sisters to live but it wasnt there for long before it bit the head off of a poodle. And after it killed the poodle it was put down by the police. RIP Brutus.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #18 - Aug 10th, 2016 at 8:08am

How do you like your kangaroo cooked? All good  hunters eat the game they kill. Roo burgers, roo stew? What recipes do you like best?

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

WJV

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 2:35am

Mortdooley wrote on Aug 10th, 2016 at 8:08am:
How do you like your kangaroo cooked? All good  hunters eat the game they kill. Roo burgers, roo stew? What recipes do you like best?

I am not actually a hunter, I just hate Americans. I have never eaten kangaroo before. If I did I would buy it from a butcher though.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #20 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 4:52am

Hate all you want, it doesn't hurt those you hate although it causes you stress. There is an old Indian saying I rarely use but just for you I will make an exception. I don't hate anyone although I wouldn't walk across the street to piss up your ass if your guts were on fire!

And have a nice day.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #21 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 6:35am

Black Orchid wrote on Aug 9th, 2016 at 1:11pm:
WJV wrote on Aug 9th, 2016 at 12:50pm:
When I was a kid we hunted roos mostly and with staghounds. This was the most fun - to hunt with dogs. Have you ever seen a staghound kill a roo? It is pretty brutal. Have you heard that noise that a roo will make when it is being attacked? I had a mate that used to take this big slow stupid rottweiler rooing. Have you ever seen a big rottweiler kill a kangaroo?

No, no and no and I have no desire to.  I don't find any of that 'manly'.  I find it irresponsible and cowardly.   I have seen the destruction left behind from such practices and I find it disgusting, stupid and inhumane.

It's not hunting, nor is it sport.  It's a sick and psychotic desire for bloodlust.

Hear Hear.

In my youth I shot a roo and a piglet ... and then grew up and used a camera to do all my shooting after that.

I have no problem with culling of roos, pigs, and brombies - but not from a helicopter which leaves so many of them to die in agony over a period of days.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #22 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 6:41am

Hunting dogs should never be trained to kill - only to run the quarry down and keep it secure until the man with the gun arrives.

IP Logged

WJV

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 9:13am

Lord Herbert wrote on Aug 11th, 2016 at 6:41am:
Hunting dogs should never be trained to kill - only to run the quarry down and keep it secure until the man with the gun arrives.

We dont hunt foxes round these parts. Is that how you kill a fox?

We hunt by force of dogs. If we hunt a boar with dogs, yes the man will cut the boars throat, keeping with tradition - but a kangaroo is different. It is best to let the dogs kill the kangaroo.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print