Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The God of creation is a discriminating God. (Read 8669 times)
issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Re: The God of creation is a discriminating God.
Reply #15 - Aug 10th, 2016 at 6:12pm

Yadda wrote on Aug 10th, 2016 at 4:54pm:
issuevoter wrote on Aug 10th, 2016 at 3:02pm:
bogarde73 wrote on Aug 10th, 2016 at 1:02pm:
Since when was philosophy the sole preserve of atheists?

It is not. But bible quotes, which dominate Yadda's posts are not discussions of wisdom, they are statements of dogma.

Either you believe what he writes, or you a wrong.

Perhaps.

And that is your opinion.

But issuevoter, re promoting 'dogma',       ....Yadda holds up a mirror to you, and to the views which you are expressing.

Dogmatic views.

Dictionary;
dogmatic = = firmly asserting personal opinions as true.

Yadda paraphrases......
'there is no place for religion, in a discussion about philosophy.
because a discussion about philosophy which includes religion, offends reason.
coz everyone knows that 'God' is a myth, and that religion has got nothing to do with reality.'

What has this highlighted quote got to do with anything? I certainly didn't write it, and I don't see it anywhere else in the thread.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #16 - Aug 10th, 2016 at 6:20pm

+

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #17 - Aug 10th, 2016 at 10:35pm

issuevoter wrote on Aug 10th, 2016 at 6:12pm:
Yadda wrote on Aug 10th, 2016 at 4:54pm:
issuevoter wrote on Aug 10th, 2016 at 3:02pm:
bogarde73 wrote on Aug 10th, 2016 at 1:02pm:
Since when was philosophy the sole preserve of atheists?

It is not. But bible quotes, which dominate Yadda's posts are not discussions of wisdom, they are statements of dogma.

Either you believe what he writes, or you a wrong.

Perhaps.

And that is your opinion.

But issuevoter, re promoting 'dogma',       ....Yadda holds up a mirror to you, and to the views which you are expressing.

Dogmatic views.

Dictionary;
dogmatic = = firmly asserting personal opinions as true.

Yadda paraphrases......
'there is no place for religion, in a discussion about philosophy.
because a discussion about philosophy which includes religion, offends reason.
coz everyone knows that 'God' is a myth, and that religion has got nothing to do with reality.'

What has this highlighted quote got to do with anything?

I certainly didn't write it, and I don't see it anywhere else in the thread.

The above was post #15

Below, was post #01

issuevoter wrote on Aug 6th, 2016 at 8:17am:

Ancient writings of tribalism and superstition bear no relation to philosophy.

You  are quoting dogma, while indulging in wishful thinking.

This baloney should be posted in one of the other delusional forums like spirituality or religion.

No, I am not an atheist.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #18 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 12:45pm

Sigh . . . .

Look at your first post, and its content.

A subject about religion can easily be philosophical, but your post is not. You preach and you sermonize, and you use the philosophy forum as your pulpit.

In the conspicuous absence of any moderator, someone has to point out this is forum is about the consideration of ideas concerning the human condition. Your post is not concerned with ideas. Its about stating your beliefs.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #19 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 10:31am

issuevoter wrote on Aug 11th, 2016 at 12:45pm:
Sigh . . . .

Look at your first post, and its content.

A subject about religion can easily be philosophical, but your post is not. You preach and you sermonize, and you use the philosophy forum as your pulpit.

In the conspicuous absence of any moderator, someone has to point out this is forum is about the consideration of ideas concerning the human condition. Your post is not concerned with ideas. Its about stating your beliefs.

issuevoter,

People like Yadda should be gagged.

Religion is just plain WRONG.

And a respectful debate about philosophical issues, among modern rational men is what we should strive to achieve.

There is no place for 'religionists', among rational men, debating rational issues.

/sarc off

Religion, [is] a mediaeval form of unreason,.....
- Salman Rushdie

Yadda responded....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1420667897/2#2
Quote:

Religions, All forms of corruption, deserve criticism, satire, and, yes, our fearless disrespect.

'Religion' [per se], is not 'right' or 'wrong'.

Religion, is simply a 'concept' and a collection of ideas and ideals,   .....it is something with which we [mankind] strive to understand our circumstances.

But 'Religion', like so many things that have been 'touched' by men, has been corrupted by mankind.

But 'purity' is still 'out there' [or within us?], to be found [by men], if we are willing to seek for it.

Genesis 17:1
....the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

Romans 1:21
Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22  Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23  And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24  Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25  Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26  For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27  And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

2 Timothy 3:1
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2  For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3  Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4  Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

Deuteronomy 8:2
And thou shalt remember all the way which the LORD thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no.

Micah 6:8
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #20 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 12:03pm

Religion as a not good or bad concept has been hijacked.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #21 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 8:19pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 12th, 2016 at 12:03pm:
Religion as a not good or bad concept has been hijacked.

No matter the failings of man/men,      ....God [our creator] remains holy and pure, and trustworthy.

And thou shalt remember all the way which the LORD thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no.

Deuteronomy 32:43
Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #22 - Aug 14th, 2016 at 10:41am

A couple more questions for you Yadda.

1. Do you accept the literal Genesis story of creation?

2. Do you accept the theory or concept of evolution?

And can I recommend to you a BBC Film "Creation", if you can get hold of it, it ran recently on SBS.
Excellent thoughtful film dealing with the life of Charles Darwin. In particular his struggle with, on the one hand, the accepted wisdom of Victorian clericalism with which he was brought up and, on the other, the realities which his years of research presented to his eyes and his mind.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #23 - Aug 14th, 2016 at 12:31pm

bogarde73 wrote on Aug 14th, 2016 at 10:41am:

bogarde73,

#1, I do accept the Genesis story of creation.  Is some of it allegorical ? Perhaps. But i do accept the Genesis story of creation.      [imo, this world and universe, this 'reality', is a 'construct'.]

#2, IMO, evolution is a theory only, i.e. a proposition.

Personally i believe that animals [including man] adapt to their environment, and that those with the most appropriate adaptation to their environment will be the most successful. [i.e. the "survival of the fittest" if you will.]

That is not evolution, imo.

I actually believe that Adam was the Alpha Man, and that men are devolving [that the 'never-ending' reproductive state/process, of mankind and other animals, tends to an inevitable corruption of the pattern].

bogarde73,

I have composed, in the past, it must be, scores of posts here on OzPol, on the subject of creation and a young earth.

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1332568105/110#110
Quote:

Sir lastnail wrote on Apr 2nd, 2012 at 11:38am:
Yadda wrote on Apr 2nd, 2012 at 10:05am:

Me, i believe in the scientific method, not fairy-tales.

So do you believe the world is less than 10,000 years old ??

Science says it isn't Wink

Yes.

and,

Science says no such thing.

Science, that is, the scientific process, has been corrupted by men.
i.e.
Men look for evidence that will support what they want to believe, and they turn away from the evidence which does not align with, and agree with, their own worldview.

And, THAT, is not science.

Google;
science fraud

278,000,000 hits

If you want to examine and challenge my arguments on this subject, here are some of them.....

FURTHER.....

bogarde73,

If you google the strings below [individually] they will lead you to more/some of the same posts, on OzPol, where i have presented arguments and evidence in support of my arguments on creation, young earth.

site:http://www.ozpolitic.com/ yadda rapid petrification

site:http://www.ozpolitic.com/ yadda radiometric dating falsehood

site:http://www.ozpolitic.com/ yadda Lava Dome at Mount St. Helen

site:http://www.ozpolitic.com/ yadda T-rex soft tissue discovered

site:http://www.ozpolitic.com/ yadda T-rex soft tissue discovered national geographic

bogarde73,

Re rapid petrification [i.e. 'ancient fossils'],         ....it has been proven, SCIENTIFICALLY [by observation], that if prevailing environmental conditions are conducive, petrification of organic material can occur in less than ten years.   !!!

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #24 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 11:41am

Yadda wrote on Aug 14th, 2016 at 12:31pm:
bogarde73 wrote on Aug 14th, 2016 at 10:41am:

bogarde73,

#1, I do accept the Genesis story of creation.  Is some of it allegorical ? Perhaps. But i do accept the Genesis story of creation.      [imo, this world and universe, this 'reality', is a 'construct'.]

THen you have failed comphrensively to understand it.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #25 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 10:28am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 15th, 2016 at 11:41am:
Yadda wrote on Aug 14th, 2016 at 12:31pm:

bogarde73,

THen you have failed comphrensively to understand it.

Yadda said.....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1242797856/66#66
Quote:

".....Scientists have unveiled a 47-million-year-old fossilised skeleton of a monkey..."

http://news.sky.com/sky-news/content/StaticFile/jpg/2009/May/Week3/15284798.jpg

LOL

Duped again!

You are all, soft in the head.

Scientists / archaeologists DIDN'T dig up this fossil, and find a date tag with it, stating that;

"This fossil is 47 million years old."

Duh.

Anyone who believes that this thing is 47 million years old [because 'scientists' say that it is], is soft in the head.

This 47 million years is pure supposition.

Wow!

Talk about dogmatic religionists, grasping tightly onto their
beliefs
!!           Grin        Grin        Grin

Dictionary,
supposition = = an assumption or hypothesis.

Google;
radiometric dating falsehood

Google;
rapid petrification

Google;
T-rex soft tissue discovered

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #26 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 11:02am

Again, not showing anything that states you understand it.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #27 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 5:54pm

AnotherJourneyByTrain said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1510548801/3#3
Quote:

Is God Fiction A Mental Illness?
Reply #3 - Today at 4:00pm

Religion built the world!

Godless societies don't exist!

PREPOSITION;
If there is a God of creation;

How can we love (a) 'God', if we don't know him, if we do not know 'of him' ?

i.e.
How can we love, what we don't know, or, what we have no understanding of ?

And whoever this 'God' is,          if he exists, he may be a very 'bad dude' [or, not] !

Exodus 15:3
The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

Deuteronomy 32:39
See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.
40  For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever.
41  If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me.

Q.
How can we know       the character of God       if we do not know him [because we chose not to search for him] ?

Q.
How can we know what God is like,        if indeed, we never find him ? !

I would offer;

The God of creation doesn't [normally] allow just any man or woman to know him [to know of him].

I would offer;

The God of creation exercises discrimination, in who he allows into his presence.

Dictionary;
discrimination = =
1 the action of discriminating against people.
2 recognition and understanding of the difference between one thing and another.       good judgement or taste.

Dictionary;
discriminating = = having or showing good taste or judgement.

Q.
Why does God discriminate ?

Doesn't God love all of mankind, including, the wicked person and the abominable person, too ?

Is a God who discriminates, a 'flawed' God ?

Maybe !       Cheesy

But, by whose measure or standard ?        Grin

Isaiah 42:1
Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.
2  He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street.
3  A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth.
4  He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law.

Q.
Who, are 'mine elect' ?

Q.
Why does God favour those who are identified as,       'my servant'     and      'mine elect' ?

Exodus 19:5
Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:
6  And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

Leviticus 20:24
...I am the LORD your God, which have separated you from other people.

Leviticus 20:26
And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the LORD am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine.

But why ?

Why does God want people, who 'should be mine' ?

Why does God want a 'separated' people, a people who 'shall be a peculiar treasure unto me' ?

2 Corinthians 6:17
Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
18  And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Revelation 22:10
And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
11  He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
12  And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work...

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
15  For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Matthew 24:15
When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

"When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation.....standing in the holy place,"

'the holy place' ?

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #28 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 5:55pm

QUESTION;
What is, where is, 'the holy place' ?

ANSWER;
The temple of God, is the holy place.

QUESTION;
Where, is God's temple ?

A meditation....

Exodus 12:41
And it came to pass at the end of the four hundred and thirty years, even the selfsame day it came to pass, that all the hosts of the LORD went out from the land of Egypt.

Exodus 25:8
And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them.

Exodus 29:45
And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will be their God.

Exodus 29:46
And they shall know that I am the LORD their God, that brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, that I may dwell among them: I am the LORD their God.

Leviticus 11:44
For I am the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy:....

Leviticus 19:2
Speak unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them, Ye shall be holy: for I the LORD your God am holy.

Leviticus 20:26
And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the LORD am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine.

Deuteronomy 4:29
But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.

Psalms 27:8
When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek.

Psalms 105:3
Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD.
4  Seek the LORD, and his strength: seek his face evermore.

Jeremiah 29:13
And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Numbers 16:1
Now Korah, the son of Izhar, the son of Kohath, the son of Levi, and Dathan and Abiram, the sons of Eliab, and On, the son of Peleth, sons of Reuben, took men:
2  And they rose up before Moses, with certain of the children of Israel, two hundred and fifty princes of the assembly, famous in the congregation, men of renown:
And they gathered themselves together against Moses and against Aaron, and said unto them, Ye take too much upon you, seeing all the congregation are holy, every one of them, and the LORD is among them: wherefore then lift ye up yourselves above the congregation of the LORD?
4  And when Moses heard it, he fell upon his face:
5  And he spake unto Korah and unto all his company, saying, Even to morrow the LORD will shew who are his, and who is holy; and will cause him to come near unto him: even him whom he hath chosen will he cause to come near unto him.

"......the LORD will shew who are his, and who is holy; and will cause him to come near unto him:
even him whom he hath chosen       will he cause to come near unto him."

'Salvation', isn't for everyone.

Humility, and meekness, before God, isn't for everyone.

Many prefer to love the world, instead.

Isaiah 8:17
And I will wait upon the LORD, that hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for him.

Isaiah 45:15
Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.

Isaiah 43:10
Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
11  I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.
12  I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print