Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The God of creation is a discriminating God. (Read 8671 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
The God of creation is a discriminating God.
Aug 6th, 2016 at 12:42am

The God of creation, the God of Israel,      ....is a discriminating God.

Dictionary;
discrimination = =
1 the action of discriminating against people.
2 recognition and understanding of the difference between one thing and another.   good judgement or taste.

AND;

Dictionary;
discriminating = = having or showing good taste or judgement.

In scripture, the God of creation reveals that He created us, for his own purposes.

That we, mankind, are the work of his hands.

And that we are, will be, the harvest of his enterprise.

Romans 9:11
(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth)
12  It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
13  As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
14  What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
15  For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16  So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
17  For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
18  Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
19  Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
20  Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

Exodus 33:19
And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.

Who is this creature, who holds all our fates, within his gift ?

He is the discriminating God !

Romans 9:13
As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

"And that we are, will be, the harvest of his enterprise."     ....well, some of us, will be his harvest.

Matthew 7:19
Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Luke 3:9
And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: every tree therefore which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Matthew 7:21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

And me ?

I have been given no assurance.

I have been given no 'guarantee'.

I simply have [within me] a sense of what i prefer.

Jeremiah 15:19
Therefore thus saith the LORD, If thou return, then will I bring thee again, and thou shalt stand before me: and if thou take forth the precious from the vile, thou shalt be as my mouth: let them return unto thee; but return not thou unto them.

Psalms 25:8
Good and upright is the LORD: therefore will he teach sinners in the way.

2 Corinthians 6:16
And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17  Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
18  And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Revelation 22:10
And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
11  He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
12  And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
13  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
14  Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
15  For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
16  I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
17  And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Re: The God of creation is a discriminating God.
Reply #1 - Aug 6th, 2016 at 8:17am

Ancient writings of tribalism and superstition bear no relation to philosophy. You  are quoting dogma, while indulging in wishful thinking. This baloney should be posted in one of the other delusional forums like spirituality or religion. No, I am not an atheist.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #2 - Aug 6th, 2016 at 12:07pm

issuevoter wrote on Aug 6th, 2016 at 8:17am:

Ancient writings of tribalism and superstition bear no relation to philosophy. You  are quoting dogma, while indulging in wishful thinking. This baloney should be posted in one of the other delusional forums like spirituality or religion. No, I am not an atheist.

issuevoter,

You are entitled to express your opinion/views, and so am i.

And i take to myself, the right to express an opinion [here].

Even if in expressing my views, i am going to upset the sensibilities of someone like yourself.     Smiley

stryker said......
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1420667897/0#0
Quote:

Religion, a mediaeval form of unreason,
           when combined with modern weaponry becomes a real threat to our freedoms. This religious totalitarianism has caused a deadly mutation in the heart of Islam and we see the tragic consequences in Paris today. I stand with Charlie Hebdo, as we all must, to defend the art of satire, which has always been a force for liberty and against tyranny, dishonesty and stupidity. ‘Respect for religion’ has become a code phrase meaning ‘fear of religion.’ Religions, like all other ideas, deserve criticism, satire, and, yes, our fearless disrespect.
Salmain Rusdie

Yadda responded....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1420667897/2#2
Quote:

Salman Rushdie is a 'reactionary', but his wrong, imo.

Religion, [is] a mediaeval form of unreason,.....

Religions, All forms of corruption, deserve criticism, satire, and, yes, our fearless disrespect.

'Religion' [per se], is not 'right' or 'wrong'.

Religion, is simply a 'concept' and a collection of ideas and ideals,   .....it is something with which we [mankind] strive to understand our circumstances.

But 'Religion', like so many things that have been 'touched' by men, has been corrupted by mankind.

But 'purity' is still 'out there' [or within us?], to be found [by men], if we are willing to seek for it.

Genesis 17:1
....the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #3 - Aug 6th, 2016 at 12:07pm

Amos 3:3
Can two walk together, except they be agreed?             [......or, know each other ?]

Amos 5:4
For thus saith the LORD unto the house of Israel, Seek ye me, and ye shall live:

Psalms 9:10
And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

Know His name ?

Means ?

To know His name, is to know Him, is to know His character.

How ?

Prefigure this;

Psalms 5:4
For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee.

Then, this;

Genesis 17:1
And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

Deuteronomy 8:6
Therefore thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to fear him.

Deuteronomy 13:4
Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.

2 Chronicles 6:14
And said, O LORD God of Israel, there is no God like thee in the heaven, nor in the earth; which keepest covenant, and shewest mercy unto thy servants, that walk before thee with all their hearts:

Nehemiah 5:9
Also I said, It is not good that ye do: ought ye not to walk in the fear of our God because of the reproach of the heathen our enemies?

Psalms 56:13
For thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt not thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living?

Jeremiah 7:23
But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.

Jeremiah 42:3
That the LORD thy God may shew us the way wherein we may walk, and the thing that we may do.

Micah 6:8
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

1 Thessalonians 4:1
Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more.

SATAN and the enemy, want us to live with fear and with apprehension [uncertainty]....

Fear reveals doubt and unbelief.

Fear indicates sin.

Nehemiah 6:13
Therefore was he hired, that I should be afraid, and do so, and sin, and that they might have matter for an evil report, that they might reproach me.

Revelation 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving......shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Whereas, those who 'know His name',      .....have come to know Him, and they know His character.

How ?

Again!!!....

Amos 3:3
Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

'that love me, and keep my commandments'
'that love him and keep his commandments'
'that walk before thee with all their heart'
'that love him and observe his commandments'
'unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies'
'that love him, and to them that keep his commandments'

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1435998745/1#1

Psalms 23:1
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2  He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3  He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5  Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #4 - Aug 8th, 2016 at 8:58am

Primitive people will always have wondered & speculated about how this amazing world came into existence. They had the same brain capacity as us, they just didn't have the millennia of acquired knowledge.

Gods & spirits & ghosts filled their imagination and eventually the stories & myths morphed into the religions we know today.
The fact that these are evolved myths does not make them any less meaningful & comforting to people.

But when it boils down, I'm afraid the concept of creation is simply an anthropomorphation of a desire to know where it all came from.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #5 - Aug 8th, 2016 at 10:03am

bogarde73 wrote on Aug 8th, 2016 at 8:58am:

Primitive people
will always have wondered & speculated about how this amazing world came into existence. They had the same brain capacity as us, they just didn't have the millennia of acquired knowledge.

Gods & spirits & ghosts filled their imagination and eventually the stories & myths morphed into the religions we know today.

The fact that these are evolved myths does not make them any less meaningful & comforting to people.

But when it boils down, I'm afraid the concept of creation is simply an anthropomorphation of a desire to know where it all came from.

bogarde73,

The world that we have created, is a distraction to us now.

To our psyche.

The modern world, and the material comfort which it affords us, rightly so, 'grabs our attention'.

Do you want to experience 'Gods & spirits & ghosts' ?

Go into the desert, with just a sleeping bag, and water, and some reading material, and begin a fast.

Be safe,        ......have someone come and check on you every day.

But be careful [psych-ic-ally].

Because if you are not 'protected', there are demons too, among those 'Gods & spirits & ghosts' !

And some of them wish us ill [....and bondage].

We can find and experience 'God' if we want to.

We can find and experience 'spirits' if we want to.

But have a care, for what you wish for, and for what you choose to encourage.   !!!

If you want to be protected [spiritually], simply ask God, for his protection.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Aug 9th, 2016 at 10:59am

Ok Yadda, suppose for argument's sake there is a "god" - and I hope that speculation doesn't offend you - what is its nature?

1. clearly we are agreed it doesn't have any physical appearance, such as the gods imagined by the Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, Indians etc

2. is it a presence in any way at all?

3. is it something that can really be communicated with? obviously many people of faiths think that is so

4. or is it simply a concept, taking many forms, within peoples' minds that allows them to accommodate such ideas as creation, the existence of good & evil, afterlife and so on?

What is your concept?

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #7 - Aug 10th, 2016 at 10:06am

bogarde73 wrote on Aug 9th, 2016 at 10:59am:

Ok Yadda, suppose for argument's sake there is a "god" - and I hope that speculation doesn't offend you - what is its nature?

He is wonderful, He is wondrous, He is a 'father' to us [He wants to be a guiding father to us].

My perception of Him, is that He is fair and trustworthy.

He also, will be [is ?] a righteous judge [of his 'children'].

If anyone wants to know the 'nature' and character of our God [our creator] [and even know the mind of God our creator], the best i can say, advise, is read the book of Psalms, in the OT bible [and meditate on what you are reading].

Quote:

1. clearly we are agreed it doesn't have any physical appearance, such as the gods imagined by the Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, Indians etc

God [our creator] can manifest himself physically, as a man.            e.g. Genesis 18

If you can believe the bible, God [our creator] has manifested himself as a physical man, AND, in many other forms.

Quote:

2. is it a presence in any way at all?

Yes.

Quote:

3. is it something that can really be communicated with? obviously many people of faiths think that is so

In my experience this verse is true.....

Acts 17:27
That they should seek the Lord.....though he be not far from every one of us:

And this.....

Hebrews 4:13
Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

COMMENT;
I cannot comprehend how that it can be so.    i.e. +6 billion souls, and counting!   .....and yet, I KNOW, that it is so.
i.e. in my experience, IT IS SO.

Further, don't expect to get a personal response, from God, to your prayers, to Him.

But we should pray to him, we should tell him [in our heart], what is on our heart.

Proverbs 3:6
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Quote:

4. or is it simply a concept, taking many forms, within peoples' minds that allows them to accommodate such ideas as creation, the existence of good & evil, afterlife and so on?

What is your concept?

Most men in this modern world, would 'understand' the traditional Christian/Jewish 'God' as a 'concept' or even as simply an old myth - yes, 'existing' within peoples minds.

But He is real.

I don't know the 'how' of it.      ....but he is real.

Scripture declares God [our creator] to be a 'spirit', and to be an entity who hides himself [from mankind].   Isaiah 45:15

And no,   ....i don't know what 'spirit' is, and i don't know how or where, or, the circumstances in which a 'spirit' or a 'spirit' realm exists.

++++++++

Freediver said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1451794801/173#173
Quote:

Gandalf I appreciate that you and Karnal like to speak for each other, especially when you are too embarrassed to speak for yourself.

However, if you want to know what Yadda thinks, I suggest you ask Yadda.

I have never seen him make any effort to conceal his true feelings.

bogarde73,

What have you started!!!

Smiley

If there is a God, how does he make himself known to man ?

Does he make himself known to man ?

Yes he does.

I believe that angels can, and do, manifest themselves in this world,       .....but i have never seen an angel in this world, while awake, in my body.

At one time [a few years ago], i often encountered angels within my dreams.

And those angels had a visible, bodily 'form', and they did speak to me, one on one.

I have experienced the 'presence' of angels in dreams, and, in waking dreams.

e.g.
I have been asleep, and i have awoken within a dream, i.e. i was fully 'awake'/conscious, and i was having a conversation with an angel. [Lucid dreaming ?]

When that happens, it is an exhilarating experience!

Q.
Have i seen/experienced any evidence of a 'God', while awake in my physical body ?

As i said above, i have never seen an angel in this world, while awake, in my body.

But i have experienced 'something' which i attribute to God, while i have been awake, in my body.

The way i would describe it, is that 'God' has the ability, to INSTANTLY, place information in our heart.

I would describe it as, INSTANTLY, being endowed with 'a knowledge', which was not there [within us] an instant ago!

n.b.
It is nothing 'auditory', it is not a 'voice'.

And so, i believe, that He [his spirit/angel] is able to instantly reveal himself, to our understanding, whenever he chooses to do so.

I believe that He wants to be our protector and guide.

From time to time, i have experienced this [in the waking state].

He has NEVER, EVER, demanded that i do something.

He has always presented me with 'a knowledge' or with 'advice', and he always allows me to choose my own path.

Q.
Have i been in the 'presence' of God ?

Yes, i believe that i have [in a night vision] [twice].

Q.
What does God look like ?

He would not allow me to look at him.

Further.....

I do not know why 'God', would show any interest in me.

I am not an especially 'good' person.

And i do not live an especially 'ascetic' life.

I live in your world.

Just to be clear;

I'm not on any medication, and i do not take recreational drugs.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #8 - Aug 10th, 2016 at 10:07am

Further 01

bogarde73,

Contrasting the 'place' of the carnal man, and the holy God.

Yadda said somewhere....
Quote:

[in another forum]
Q.
Why are you slandering God, and God's word?

A.
Like many today, you are a person who is *wilfully* ignorant.

And why?
Because the knowledge of truth does not serve you, you turn away from truth, from righteousness, and you turn away from God.
And like many men today, you HATE God.
Because, like most men, you want to please yourself.
Period.

PROPOSITION...
If there is no God, then good and evil are meaningless concepts, except as they are defined by society, and/or by ourselves.
Logically, [if we can ignore, evade, societies rules] we ourselves [within our own 'sphere of influence'] can become the absolute arbiters of what is good and evil.
[i.e. we become like God, we make ourselves God.  2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 "...shewing himself that he is God."]

So that whatever gives us pleasure, and materially enriches us [so as to enable us to gain yet more pleasure], IS GOOD.
And whatever stands in the way of us obtaining pleasure, logically, HAS TO BE BAD, AND 'EVIL'.

Q.
What is the primary 'morality' which has precedence in this age.

A.
If it feels good, do it!

And feelings of 'guilt', are 'illogical', as they do not *serve* us, in the delivery of those things which give us pleasure.

So the logic of carnal man goes;
<b>"Why shouldn't i do whatever will give me the most pleasure in this life??"</b>

Look at this world.
Look at, and in, this world [mankind's world].
Deception, lies, wickedness, everywhere your eye may fall.

But men [mankind], are turning away from [they refuse to *acknowledge*] the truth of it.
The truth of what our choices, has created, is creating.

Q.
What are our choices creating?

A.
We mankind have created cities, and states, that in another age would be called 'Jericho'.

And, there is no repentance, for our wickedness.

Yadda said somewhere....
Quote:

The Bible is a book which contains a matrix of information about the nature of both man, and God.
About the carnal man, and the spiritual God.
About the *destructive* pride of foolish, wilful, wicked children.
It is a book, being a chronicle of what we [mankind] are willing to do, how morally low we are willing go, about the murder we will do, in order to satisfy our desires.
It is a book about our rebellion, and redemption.

Isaiah 1:2
Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth: for the LORD hath spoken, I have nourished and brought up children, and they have rebelled against me.

Jeremiah 4:22
For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge.

MORE.....

++++++++

CONTINUED FROM LAST POST.....

The Bible [especially the OT] is a book full of stories.
Within many [almost all?] of these OT stories, there are hidden-in-plain-sight [spiritual] parables.

Dictionary,
parable = = a simple story used to illustrate a moral or spiritual lesson.

Jesus NT testimony revealed that what we call, this 'life', is itself a parable, and a mystery.
Yet many of us choose to deny the 'narrative' within the Bible, and reject Jesus testimony.
We choose instead, the easy 'bondage', the pleasures, of this world.

And as we walk this earth today, many of us scoff;
<b>"Why doesn't 'God' reveal himself?"</b>

And yet in our journey here, so few of us consider the question;
<b>"In our lives, and in our choices here, *who* is being revealed?"</b>

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #9 - Aug 10th, 2016 at 10:08am

Further 02

bogarde73,

I'm sure that i come across [here] as a very arrogant person at times.

On the arrogance of atheists.

Yadda said somewhere....
Quote:

Question.

On what basis, in knowledge, can an atheist presume to 'know' or even 'believe', that there is no God ???

Are men, are atheists, omniscient ???

Dictionary;
omniscient = = knowing everything.

No, we are not.

So, not being omniscient, for any man to categorically state that they believe that there is no God, isn't that proposition [in logic] wildly presumptuous ???

Dictionary;
presumptuous = = failing to observe the limits of what is permitted or appropriate.

By definition, the atheist has had no experience of a spiritual realm.

But many atheists are willing to proclaim that there is no spiritual realm, cannot be a spiritual realm.

bogarde73,

I'm not an atheist.

But [also] i cannot prove, with evidence, that a spiritual realm exists.

Q.
In your world, in your reality, is the differing experience of another person always invalid,
...because you have not shared such an experience?

bogarde73,
In the world we all exist in, the 'prevailing wisdom' dictates that reality equates with what the majority of mankind express/believe on that matter.

Q.
Doesn't human history itself demonstrate how arrogant it would be, to embrace such a 'belief' ?

Yadda said somewhere....
Quote:

The response, typically, of the 'scientific' community to things they cannot explain, is very predictable.

i.e. It is that, the experience of others is not valid,
....BECAUSE IT HAS NOT BEEN *OUR* EXPERIENCE.

Grab onto that position tightly with both hands fran_b if you must.

i.e.
"Nothing exists, or is real, unless *I* can experience it, or see it, for myself."

Believe that if you want to.

My position is that, i am a person in awe OF WHAT I DO NOT UNDERSTAND,
.....'life, the universe, and everything.'

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1325206797/10#10
Quote:

All knowledge must be based in, must come from, experience.

All knowledge, that is worthy of that name, should be a knowledge which is based in experience.

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1312677616/40#40
Quote:

Do a search on the net for info regarding OBE's [Out of Body Experience].

I can tell you that many people have experienced OBE's in dreams [i would suggest that most dreams are conducted in an OBE state], and some people have experienced OBE's initiated from a waking state.

But the response to the OBE experience by people who have never experienced an OBE, e.g. people like medical 'scientists', is to dismiss OBE's as a hallucination or a mental delusion, or to explain the experience as 'a lack of oxygen in the brain'.

n.b.
What they themselves [skeptics, 'unbelievers'!] have not experienced, they deny the validity of.

Why so ?

Because the described experience of an OBE challenges their own understanding of reality.

Anyone who has experienced a full, waking OBE, 1st hand, knows just how, reality 'challenging' the experience always is.

The waking OBE experience often lucidly demonstrates to those individuals [who experience it], that OUR [all of mankind's] assumptions about life, and reality, are just that,
ASSUMPTIONS, based upon what is 'apparent' to us.

Further.....

Just let me be clear;

Yes, from time to time, i experience OBE's.

And no, i'm not on any medication, and i do not take recreational drugs.

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Aug 10th, 2016 at 10:13am

bogarde73 wrote on Aug 8th, 2016 at 8:58am:
Primitive people will always have wondered & speculated about how this amazing world came into existence. They had the same brain capacity as us, they just didn't have the millennia of acquired knowledge.

I wouldn't say it's just primitive people. Anyone with a sense of curiosity must have contemplated it sometime.

Quote:

So all there is to human beings is 'desire'? Too subjective. The reduction to drives, desires, emotions etc. doesn't explain much about the world. The physical world exists, and more or less operates according to certain 'laws' that are independent of our 'desire'.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #11 - Aug 10th, 2016 at 12:27pm

All very interesting, but Yadda is on about the Christian bible, and seeks to prove something by quoting people from ancient Middle Eastern tribes. It is hardly a subject of philosophy.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Aug 10th, 2016 at 1:02pm

Since when was philosophy the sole preserve of atheists?

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #13 - Aug 10th, 2016 at 3:02pm

bogarde73 wrote on Aug 10th, 2016 at 1:02pm:

It is not. But bible quotes, which dominate Yadda's posts are not discussions of wisdom, they are statements of dogma. Either you believe what he writes, or you a wrong.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #14 - Aug 10th, 2016 at 4:54pm

issuevoter wrote on Aug 10th, 2016 at 3:02pm:
bogarde73 wrote on Aug 10th, 2016 at 1:02pm:

It is not. But bible quotes, which dominate Yadda's posts are not discussions of wisdom, they are statements of dogma.

Either you believe what he writes, or you a wrong.

Perhaps.

And that is your opinion.

But issuevoter, re promoting 'dogma',       ....Yadda holds up a mirror to you, and to the views which you are expressing.

Dogmatic views.

Dictionary;
dogmatic = = firmly asserting personal opinions as true.

Yadda paraphrases......
'there is no place for religion, in a discussion about philosophy.
because a discussion about philosophy which includes religion, offends reason.
coz everyone knows that 'God' is a myth, and that religion has got nothing to do with reality.'

???

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print