Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Speaker Ryan in some trouble (Read 849 times)
bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Speaker Ryan in some trouble
Aug 4th, 2016 at 2:03pm

If House Speaker Paul Ryan’s own Facebook page is any indication of how well he will fare in next Tuesday’s all-important primary race against upstart challenger Paul Nehlen, it might not be smooth sailing for the 16-year incumbent come Election Day.

WND

In fact, Ryan’s campaign is showing signs of “melting down,” at least if social media is to be taken as a barometer. The level of antipathy toward Ryan on his two Facebook sites has been heating up in recent days as the election draws closer.

“There’s such a deluge of comments negative to Paul Ryan on Ryan’s own Facebook site. Ryan’s problems with Trump are also a big factor in the backlash, you can see that in the comments,” said William Gheen, president of Americans for Legal Immigration, or ALIPAC.

ALIPAC launched a new ad campaign earlier this week casting Ryan and “Lyin Ryan,” a politician who supports Obama’s amnesty orders and his expanded refugee resettlement programs, which funnel Shariah-compliant Muslims into more than 200 U.S. cities and towns from Syrian, Afghanistan, Iraq and Somalia by the tens of thousands annually.

The stream of Facebook comments are more than 90 percent negative against Ryan as voters express their disgust with Ryan’s stance on trade and immigration.

Gheen said he noticed this momentum against Ryan started 48 hours after a WND article about Ryan’s pro-refugee stance and the new ad campaign was linked to the Drudge Report.

The GOP primary race for Wisconsin’s first congressional district has come into national focus as Nehlen has shown himself more than capable of taking on the Ryan juggernaut. Ryan started out with a massive lead over the unknown Nehlen, an inventor who has employed hundreds in his successful water-filtration manufacturing business over the years.

As a one-time Ryan supporter, Nehlen decided to run against him because of the damaging effect Ryan-supported secret trade deals were having on all but the largest U.S. businesses. Immigration is his other hot-button issue, and he supports GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump on the need to rein it in, build a wall on the U.S. southern border and take a hard look at the numbers of Muslim migrants flooding into the country.

Gheen says he senses a turn in the race similar to what happened in Virginia in 2014, when House Majority Leader Eric Cantor went down in a stunning defeat to an unknown candidate named Dave Brat.

“The negative reaction we are seeing against Paul Ryan nationally is stronger than what we saw brewing against Eric Cantor the week before his political demise in 2014,” said Gheen.

It’s a general rule of thumb in politics that the candidate who spends the most wins 94 percent of the time.

But there are exceptions, and often those exceptions occur when the underdog makes immigration his or her biggest issue, Gheen said.

Rep. Dave Brat, R-Va., got outspent by Cantor by a 40 to 1 margin, yet Brat was able to vault ahead of a well-financed incumbent and shock the GOP establishment. Nehlen hopes to do the same. Ryan’s strategy to counter the “Cantor effect” has been to simply misrepresent himself on immigration, lying about his desire to tighten up the border and implement better screening for refugees, Gheen said.

This despite the fact that Ryan negotiated a $1.1 trillion omnibus bill in December 2015 that fully funded all of Obama’s amnesty and refugee expansion plans.

“But let’s not kid ourselves, Paul Ryan is a Goliath, and whether he falls or not our plan is to throw as many rocks at him as we can,” Gheen said. “He knows that not protecting the border and not protecting Americans is his Achilles’ heel, and he needs to spend a lot of money pumping the lie out there. So you have many Wisconsin voters who only hear that lie, that expensively advertised lie, where he’s telling them what they want to hear about himself, while doing something completely different with Obama in D.C.”

In many ways, the Ryan-Nehlen primary is a microcosm of the national Clinton-Trump race where one candidate represents the globalist establishment’s interests and the other candidate represents populist issues that resonate with the beleaguered middle class.

“It’s big money paying for big lies, and unfortunately that works most of the time. But what you’re looking at right now in Paul Ryan’s district – it’s that big money with big lies that’s killing America,” Gheen said. “This race is the quintessential example of the root of what’s wrong with America. It’s the root of all American evil, with the money and the lies and the money backing the lies aimed at Republican voters.”

Nehlen said in a July 30 interview with Fox Business Network’s Lou Dobbs that he believes Ryan, if re-elected, would serve as a thorn in the side of a President Donald Trump.

“With one vote, we can take back our nation from Paul Ryan’s special interests,” Nehlen said. “With our one vote, we can stop TPP and stop amnesty. It is vitally important that we do this, because with President Trump in place, Paul Ryan will be nothing but a problem. He will thwart President Trump at every opportunity.”

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Re: Speaker Ryan in some trouble
Reply #1 - Aug 5th, 2016 at 8:17am

Can you say "Eric Cantor", can you say RINO? I hope to see him lose the Primary next week!

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Aug 5th, 2016 at 10:25am

So do we all mort, so do we all.

You may wonder why we Australians take such a particular interest in your politics. It's because we recognise the importance of America's govt to what remains of a free world.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Aug 5th, 2016 at 12:04pm

JANESVILLE, Wisconsin — Paul Nehlen, the Republican candidate for Congress in Wisconsin’s first congressional district, is challenging incumbent member Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) to a debate before Tuesday’s primary election. 
Ryan has thus far refused to debate Nehlen, and the Speaker of the U.S. House’s political handlers are running a controlled campaign—not allowing him to do any real interviews with national reporters, town halls with voters without pre-scripted questions, or public events open to the press. Thus far, Ryan is only doing friendly interviews with local talk radio hosts who are his friends—and not asking him any tough questions.

Nehlen said in a statement provided exclusively to Breitbart News:

For nearly two decades, Speaker Ryan has worked AGAINST Wisconsin’s workers. So I’m calling on Speaker Ryan to return home to Wisconsin to discuss his nearly two-decade career of working against Wisconsin’s workers on behalf of his globalist special interests. Speaker Ryan should answer for shipping American jobs to China, bringing in an endless stream of cheap labor, funding Obama’s executive amnesty, and keeping our borders open.

Nehlen noted that Ryan’s highly controlled, stagecrafted campaign is a sign he’s refusing to answer Wisconsin voters’ questions. He said:

Speaker Ryan is refusing to return home to answer to Wisconsin’s voters. Yet he has the gall to ask us for another term? If Speaker Ryan thinks he deserves another term in Congress, but we have questions about his repeated betrayals. Wisconsin cannot afford another term of Paul Ryan. A vote for Paul Ryan means we are guaranteed to get amnesty, job-killing TPP, and jail-break criminal legislation that will compromise our safety. So I’m calling on Paul Ryan to make himself accountable to the voters he has betrayed.

Nehlen specifically questioned whether Ryan is too scared—or incapable—of debating him, even though he’s just a “guy who started as a maintenance mechanic on a factory floor.” He went on to say:

It’s not enough for the people’s representative to sit behind a camera or hide behind his security agents and avoid the people as if he’s royalty. Does Speaker Ryan really hold Wisconsinites with such disdain that he doesn’t feel it necessary even to speak to them as he auditions for another term in his job? Speaker Ryan owes the people of Wisconsin the chance to ask him questions about his vision for a borderless United States – one flooded with refugees and illegal immigrants willing to work for pennies on the dollar. The House’s top-ranking Republican ought not have a problem debating a guy who started as a maintenance mechanic on a factory floor, but apparently Mr. Ryan isn’t up to that task. Wisconsin and America deserves better.

Ryan’s spokesman Zack Roday has not responded to a request for comment from Breitbart News in response to Nehlen’s call for a debate in front of the voters of Wisconsin’s first congressional district.

(Breitbart)

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #4 - Aug 5th, 2016 at 1:27pm

bogarde73 wrote on Aug 5th, 2016 at 10:25am:
You may wonder why we Australians take such a particular interest in your politics. It's because we recognise the importance of America's govt to what remains of a free world.

Well, more from our compulsive habit of blowing smoke up US presidential arse.

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

WJV

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Aug 5th, 2016 at 8:56pm

Do you speak for Australians do you?  Many of us hate the US Government and we pay attention because if anyone is gong to start WW3 it is them. Many of us also pay attention because we know that the CIA controls our government and media and we know that the US Government is our government only we dont get a vote.

I hope Ryan gets beaten because he is the only US politician that they can even claim to have any economic credibility - even though he doesnt. Who the hell is Jack Lew? Or Jacob. Jack sounds a lot stronger for a secretary.

IP Logged

WJV

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Aug 5th, 2016 at 8:57pm

"We Australians". Your comment sickens me. Do not speak for me mate. USA sucks.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Aug 6th, 2016 at 7:37am

Well of course I was speaking of Australians who like to be informed on world events, such as US politics.
So you crawl back in your hole, nobody will bother you.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Aug 6th, 2016 at 8:13am

Mortdooley wrote on Aug 5th, 2016 at 8:17am:
Can you say "Eric Cantor", can you say RINO? I hope to see him lose the Primary next week!

The GOP was once filled with intelligent, reasonable men. No more. And Mort's attitude points to the reason why.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Aug 6th, 2016 at 9:02am

Chaos rules. Cruz won't endorse him but it seems Donald still could.
But then Donald has an interest in unity (sometimes), Cruz doesn't.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #10 - Aug 6th, 2016 at 9:51am

More of your Breitbart horseshit eh, Boey?

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Aug 6th, 2016 at 9:55am

Yep.
Serving the truth up to the kiss-ass pussyfoot people.
Enjoy.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #12 - Aug 6th, 2016 at 10:13am

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Aug 6th, 2016 at 10:18am

Look, I know you're a secret Trump supporter but you worry about your street cred if you come out of the closet.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #14 - Aug 6th, 2016 at 10:19am

It's like you live in a perpetual state of Ignoranceville, Boey.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #15 - Aug 6th, 2016 at 10:22am

Heightened perception, that's me

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print