Send Topic Print
Voting in America.. (Read 744 times)
Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Voting in America..
Aug 1st, 2016 at 8:27pm

Come November we are going to see a mass turnout of voter's, such as has never been seen before in the US.

They will because they will be so scared that ,by accident ,Trump may win. I don't know if compulsory voting is good or bad , but there will be a huge turn out- interesting times.

You will see hillbillies.

edited*
« Last Edit: Aug 1st, 2016 at 9:10pm by Agnes »  

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Voting in America..
Reply #1 - Aug 1st, 2016 at 8:28pm

Agnes wrote on Aug 1st, 2016 at 8:27pm:
Come December we are going to see a mass turnout of voters ...

They'll be too late.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #2 - Aug 1st, 2016 at 8:37pm

Hopefully the Democrats wait till December, I plan to vote in November!

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #3 - Aug 1st, 2016 at 9:10pm

Come November we are going to see a mass turnout of voter's, such as has never been seen before in the US.

They will because they will be so scared that ,by accident ,Trump may win. I don't know if compulsory voting is good or bad , but there will be a huge turn out- interesting times.

You will see hillbillies.

edited*

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #4 - Aug 2nd, 2016 at 7:16am

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #5 - Aug 2nd, 2016 at 7:17am

Mortdooley wrote on Aug 1st, 2016 at 8:37pm:
Hopefully the Democrats wait till December, I plan to vote in November!

mort, do you need an adult to supervise you again?

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #6 - Aug 2nd, 2016 at 8:52am

You must have missed the original unedited  post.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Aug 2nd, 2016 at 10:06am

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 1st, 2016 at 8:28pm:

They'll be too late.

Grin Grin Grin Grin

it will be the Olympics of elections.....

is election day a Public Holiday in America???>.

except for the police of course.....and gun sellers..

I am expecting quite a few punch ups to be honest....

what if its a hung vote... what then?...

what if its managed as bad as ours are??>...losing votes/voting forms not turning up....

I cant believe something this huge could go without problems....

the whole bloody world will be holding its breath on this one...

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Aug 2nd, 2016 at 11:01am

cods wrote on Aug 2nd, 2016 at 10:06am:

They'll be too late.

Grin Grin Grin Grin

it will be the Olympics of elections.....

is election day a Public Holiday in America???>.

No.

Hillary's Inauguration Day will be, though (sort of).

January 20, 2017.

But it's only for government employees in DC, Maryland, and Virginia (I think).

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #9 - Aug 2nd, 2016 at 12:56pm

cods wrote on Aug 2nd, 2016 at 10:06am:

They'll be too late.

what if its a hung vote... what then?...

what if its managed as bad as ours are??>...losing votes/voting forms not turning up....

I cant believe something this huge could go without problems....

the whole bloody world will be holding its breath on this one...

Election Day, the first Tuesday following the first Monday in November each & every year, is not a National Holiday.

From Coast to Coast the Polls are open from 6am until 9pm, AFAIK, enabling reasonable access for all citizens to vote. They also have early mail-in voting for those citizens that believe they might not be able to vote on the actual Election Day.

Now, as you know, America is not a Democracy, where 50% of the vote plus 1 vote would determine the winner.

America is a Constitutional Republic, where elections, as with most all things, are defined by the rule of law....the U.S.Constitution.

American Presidents are not elected by popular vote.

The people actually vote for  electors.....
the Electoral College
(who actually elect the President), & there has never been hung/tied vote of the Electoral College except for the election of 1800, & that tie was overcome by the House of Representatives voting for the President that year.

➤➤➤
Note Below:
In the year 2000, even though Al Gore(D) actually received more Popular Votes than George Bush(R)......George Bush received more Electoral College Votes than Gore, & Bush won that election.

What happened here can never happen in the American System......the President is elected separately from the other houses of government, & his election is not/never dependent upon which political party has a majority.

As it stands today, & as it has in many Presidential Administrations of the past, the House of Representatives, & the Senate are controlled by different political parties than is the President.

Obama is a democrat, & the House & the Senate (the upper & lower houses of government) are both Republican controlled. When this happens governing becomes a bit difficult, but as long as common ground is found, & these independent forces within government can agree by making concessions to one another.....which they usually do on most important issues.....life goes on.

➤➤  There is no such thing as a dissolution of congress, or a motion of no confidence in the American System of Government.

Unless the people remove a member of Congress by recalling him or her, or a Presidential Impeachment by the U.S. Senate for high crimes or misdemeanors to remove a sitting President, they all will sit out their full terms (except for death or sickness/retirement) as they were elected for.

Members of the House of Representatives (there are 435 of them) sit for 2 year terms, so there are elections for them every 2 years......never all at once.

Senators (there are 100 ...2 from each of the 50 States) sit for 6 year terms, & they are elected randomly every year or so......when their 6 year terms come due.......never all at once.

Both Representatives & Senators can have unlimited terms.

The President is elected to sit for a 4 year term, & if reelected, can sit for another 4 year term, for a maximum total of 8 years in office as President.

So, as you can see, the political makeup & complexion of government is forever changing by design in America every first Tuesday in November, Election Day, each year.

Hope that helps Cods Wink

« Last Edit: Aug 2nd, 2016 at 3:39pm by Panther »  

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #10 - Aug 3rd, 2016 at 9:17pm

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/08/02/ap-trump-people-witho...

Donald Trump is reiterating his concerns that the November election will be “rigged” against him, speculating that people without proper identification “are going to vote 10 times.”

Trump is discussing voter ID during an interview Tuesday on Fox News Channel’s “The O’Reilly Factor.”

The Republican presidential nominee says, “You don’t have to have voter ID to now go in and vote and it’s a little bit scary.”

Over the last two weeks, courts have dealt setbacks to voter ID laws in several states. Critics of photo ID requirements say they fall disproportionately on minority voters and the poor.

Trump says without voter ID, “people are going to walk in, they are going to vote 10 times maybe. Who knows?”

It is impossible to function today without some form of government issue ID and every citizen has one. They are free if they are only for identification and not some form of license. Clearly the ruling against requiring ID to vote is to permit voter fraud!

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #11 - Aug 6th, 2016 at 2:30pm

Quote:
.............better open your eyes and ask questions...how did Hillary beat Bernie when Bernie had record crowds and Hillary had to pay people to fill a school gym...and when Obama says the election isn't rigged its time to start watching ballot boxes!
Bubbajay
Bubbajay11 hours ago (edited)
media polls are a lie. look at the rallys lately. Hillary is lucky to fill half of a high school gymnasium, while Trump fills huge arenas in the multiple thousands, with thousands more waiting outside. that is my poll.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAua8JovI7Y

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #12 - Aug 6th, 2016 at 2:44pm

Quote:
Political strategist Pat Caddell knows a sham when he sees one, and he’s not afraid to call it out, big time.

Caddell was near disbelief by what he called a “cooked” Reuters daily tracking poll he claimed was rigged to favor Democrat Hillary Clinton.

“They not only changed their formula, to put Hillary ahead. They went back and changed the results, for a week of results where Trump was ahead, and then they turned those into Hillary leads,” he said.

“They also erased all the former polling off the site. They didn’t tweak their procedure – they cooked it.”

Well, well, well. Say it isn’t so. But, Caddell didn’t end there, and went on with his allegations.

“They made a switch, as much as 9 points, in their results from the beginning of last week, the 25th and 26th. It is, beyond doubt, the most outrageous thing,” Caddell said. “Never in my life have I seen a news organization, and a supposedly reputable poll, do something so dishonest.”

Caddell also blasted Fox News and ABC for their biased reporting during his discussion with Breitbart News Daily’s Alex Marlow on Sunday.

“That is language from another planet,” Caddell said of Clinton, who was basically given the chance to exonerate herself on Fox News Sunday of any wrongdoing when it comes to the email scandal. Clinton basically had said the FBI found her responses to operating a secret server honest and consistent.

Of course, anyone watching the email scandal unfold, knows nothing could be further from the truth, and Caddell got busy slamming the media for carrying her water.

“This woman, to make that assertion after all the proven lies, should be a big story, but it will not be.” He then laid into ABC anchor and Clinton lackey, George Stephanopoulos for essentially ambushing Donald Trump.

“It is unbelievable what he did. He interviewed Trump, and basically then had the Khan family – the Muslim mother and father of the soldier who was killed – and General Allen on to attack Trump after the interview. He showed them the interview and then let attack him, and then loaded a panel with people who are so negative,” Caddell complained.

As far as the Reuters’ poll? That’s just another link in the deceitful media chain he calls a “crisis of democracy.”

“This is what the media is willing to do, to try to elect her,” Caddell said. “This poll is nothing but a part of a media offensive. In the 45 years since I was a child, in top-level presidential campaigns, I have never seen the media on such a jihad, and so involved in hiding facts, and not following up. This is a crisis of democracy, what the press is now doing.”

What makes Caddell’s strong statements all the more remarkable, is that he is a life-long Democrat. Perhaps, not for long.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/08/02/not-fast-hillarys-bump-pat-caddell-says-r...

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print