Send Topic Print
chapter 9 (Read 50129 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: chapter 9
Reply #300 - Sep 7th, 2017 at 9:18am

Have you tried "me no speaka da english" yet Gandalf? Maybe that would work.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #301 - Sep 7th, 2017 at 2:40pm

Try this for English comprehension 101 FD:

polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 6th, 2017 at 7:13pm:
Try rewording your question into something that makes sense. That is, if you're not going to clarify for me what you mean by consistency, as I've already asked you to.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #302 - Sep 7th, 2017 at 5:30pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 7th, 2017 at 2:40pm:
Try this for English comprehension 101 FD:

polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 6th, 2017 at 7:13pm:
Try rewording your question into something that makes sense. That is, if you're not going to clarify for me what you mean by consistency, as I've already asked you to.

G, you're attempting to engage someone who has no interest in this topic whatsoever. All FD is doing is jumping on your words and playing games. You're approaching FD as someone who wants to discuss historical facts. He doesn't. He'll change any fact he wants. He'll skew and distort. He'll put words in your mouth. Dealing with FD rationally is a complete waste of time. Remember, FD's sole purpose is to spread hatred against Muslims. He'll use any trick he can to do this, including as we all know, porkies.

Debating FD's tricks and porkies falls into his trap. FD knows he's playing games, he's just teasing you.

Crazy, I know, but FD has never recovered from the loss of a relationship with someone he truly loved: Abu.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #303 - Sep 7th, 2017 at 6:15pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 7th, 2017 at 5:30pm:
Crazy, I know, but FD has never recovered from the loss of a relationship with someone he truly loved: Abu.

I know. Its only very recently he's finally stopped quoting what Abu didn't say in every post.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #304 - Sep 7th, 2017 at 7:18pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Aug 18th, 2017 at 3:56pm:
So the sequence in your question is more accurately:

Among the polytheists to whom the muslims had a treaty with, exempt those who had been true to their treaty, then give the rest a certain number of months grace period to reestablish their treaties that they had broken - after which "kill the musrhiken wherever you find them".

Is this consistent with Muhammad's attack on Mecca?

Do Muslims generally not know what it means to act in a way that is consistent with their words? Or is it just you?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #305 - Sep 7th, 2017 at 8:13pm

If all you're asking is did he give the Meccans a 4 month grace period, then why not just ask that? But then I've already answered that several times, haven't I? Not to mention given a lengthy explanation about how the two situations are not comparable.

FD, I think what you are hinting at is that the starting position for medieval leaders holding precarious peace agreements with hostile tribes that surround him - is that violations of treaty must be met with months long grace periods - yes? Does that sound reasonable to you? Oh of course I've asked that too - naturally you ignored that too.

You know what, forget all my attempts at nuance - it obviously goes right over your head anyway. Just try one thing - try and reword your question by saying what you actually mean - instead of using the phrase "consistent with" - which I promise you, makes no bloody sense in this context (as already explained).

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #306 - Sep 7th, 2017 at 9:06pm

Are you saying that having an excuse for why it is not consistent means you are unable to say whether it is consistent?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #307 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 7:41am

I have already gave an answer to your consistency question FD. Funny after all this you still missed that. I then followed up with a "what the hell do you actuallyl mean" supplementary question. Yet you continue to ignore it. Why?

Quote:

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #308 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 7:48am

polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 7:41am:
I have already gave an answer to your consistency question FD. Funny after all this you still missed that. I then followed up with a "what the hell do you actuallyl mean" supplementary question. Yet you continue to ignore it. Why?

You still point out FD ignoring questions? After all these years?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #309 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 11:35am

evasion is one thing, responding to a request for clarification by ignoring it and simply reposting the same question word for word over and over - is a whole new level of absurdity.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #310 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 3:25pm

I'm terribly sorry Gandalf. I must have missed that. What was your answer? I can repeat the question if it helps you remember.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #311 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 4:20pm

freediver wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 3:25pm:
I'm terribly sorry Gandalf. I must have missed that.

Apology accepted.

Now show me you are trully sorry for your oversight by going back over my posts and finding your answer.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #312 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 9:20pm

You've deleted it haven't you? Leaving nothing but squirmy evasion...

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #313 - Oct 23rd, 2017 at 7:17pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 3rd, 2017 at 3:44pm:
You recently conceded you have only read one chapter of the Quran in its entirety - and this was one of the smaller ones. There are in total 114 chapters.

Gandalf why do you think chapter 9 is one of the smaller ones?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #314 - Oct 23rd, 2017 at 10:34pm

freediver wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 3:25pm:

I'm terribly sorry Gandalf. I must have missed that.

Ah.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 
Send Topic Print