Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The luvvies are on the rampage again ... (Read 1201 times)
aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The luvvies are on the rampage again ...
Reply #15 - Jul 25th, 2016 at 10:39am

Redmond Neck wrote on Jul 25th, 2016 at 10:06am:
Wasnt it aqua that praised Putin as a great example of an alpha male

Putin who is a dictator running the most corrupt country in the world

The man that has had his enemies murdered in foreign countries by his KGB

The man who has sold off all his countries assets to his dodgy mates for peanuts (sound like a Lib doesnt he) and then nationalised them back again when the friendships soured!

Aqua you are a great judge of character!  NOT!

Its not a matter of judging someones character.
How can you really know the character of someone?
Its about looking at leadership methodology that works and leadership methodology that does not work.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #16 - Jul 25th, 2016 at 10:42am

Redmond Neck wrote on Jul 25th, 2016 at 10:26am:
You dont suppose aqua smokes/eats a bit of locoweed Herb?

Grin Grin Grin

You bastard! How dare you say such a thing?! No oats for you tonight ...

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #17 - Jul 25th, 2016 at 10:44am

aquascoot wrote on Jul 25th, 2016 at 10:39am:
Redmond Neck wrote on Jul 25th, 2016 at 10:06am:
Wasnt it aqua that praised Putin as a great example of an alpha male

Putin who is a dictator running the most corrupt country in the world

The man that has had his enemies murdered in foreign countries by his KGB

The man who has sold off all his countries assets to his dodgy mates for peanuts (sound like a Lib doesnt he) and then nationalised them back again when the friendships soured!

Aqua you are a great judge of character!  NOT!

Its not a matter of judging someones character.
How can you really know the character of someone?
Its about looking at leadership methodology that works and leadership methodology that does not work.

Well give me most of the moderate leaders of the Western World any day over the likes of Putin.

His country is a basket case doesnt sound great as a leader to me.

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Jul 25th, 2016 at 10:48am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jul 25th, 2016 at 9:43am:
Lord Herbert wrote on Jul 25th, 2016 at 9:40am:
longweekend58 wrote on Jul 25th, 2016 at 9:28am:
having people listen is not 'validation'. It is in fact the very purpose of speaking.  The problem is that you use horses as your only metaphor and you use it all the time. People dont listen to you because they know all they will get is horse crap. it makes people think you know nothing else.

Aquascoot sees the psychological similarities between his horses and people's behaviour - and he's totally correct in making this connection.

With myself it has always been dogs that reflect the behaviour of human beings to a 'T'.

I'd classify both instances as confirmation bias.

when you are "leading" children, most people are very very sloppy with their methodology.
They are inattentive, they probably arent concentrating, they are distracted by concerns re paying bills or cooking tea.
The same would go for many bosses who would pay little attention to their staff. are distracted by worrying about finances or competitors.Their leadership is likewise sloppy

But when you are training a young horse, if you are distracted for even a second, if you day dream or lose focus , then very very bad things happen.
You may get hurt or the horse will learn something inappropriate and you will have to spend time unteaching the bad stuff. So your teaching is 100 % mindful and 100 % focused or you fail.

When you transfer this over to the world of human beings, marvellous results flow from this mindfulness.

Every second you spend with a child or an employee you are teaching them something good or something bad.
Its just that with humans you dont see the consequences quite so starkly....but make no mistake.

These kids on 4 corners...there has never been a bad kid born.
every kid that is bad was made that way by mindless training techniques and the unfocused and overly emotional energy of the looney left is confusing to the developing brain.
this is not the path of the superior leader

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #19 - Jul 25th, 2016 at 10:55am

Here again we witness a Fight Back from an elderly gentleman who learnt manners through the Applied Pain Method (APM) as a boy.

I say more power to his right arm!

Quote:

"This is the shocking moment a pensioner appears to put a young boy in an armlock after a disagreement on a train after the child refused to take his feet off the seats.

British Transport Police confirmed they were investigating claims that the elderly man assaulted the young boy on a Northern Rail service from Clitheroe to Manchester Victoria on Friday.

Images which are widely being shared on social media, appear to show the child being forced over a seat, while the man holds the boy's arm behind his back".

(Notice the appalled tone of shock/horror Human Rights bullshit in this reporting).

These little rat-shít kids need a dose of routine caning until they've got their Social Behaviour priorities right. It's not all about THEM. At that age I was literally terrified of attracting the disapproving attention of any adults around me when I was in public.

link

Imagine if these kids were Negroes or some other minority!

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Jul 25th, 2016 at 11:05am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jul 25th, 2016 at 9:43am:
Lord Herbert wrote on Jul 25th, 2016 at 9:40am:
longweekend58 wrote on Jul 25th, 2016 at 9:28am:
having people listen is not 'validation'. It is in fact the very purpose of speaking.  The problem is that you use horses as your only metaphor and you use it all the time. People dont listen to you because they know all they will get is horse crap. it makes people think you know nothing else.

Aquascoot sees the psychological similarities between his horses and people's behaviour - and he's totally correct in making this connection.

With myself it has always been dogs that reflect the behaviour of human beings to a 'T'.

I'd classify both instances as confirmation bias.

That would be being polite.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Jul 25th, 2016 at 11:06am

Lord Herbert wrote on Jul 25th, 2016 at 9:45am:
longweekend58 wrote on Jul 25th, 2016 at 9:29am:
which is why we have had men beating wives, raping children and more and all of these were people raised under this perfect system of caning?

On the contrary ...

These are the ones who were not subject to the 'judicial' canings during their school years, but who suffered from drunken and random violence during their childhood that were delivered from fathers and guardians not for reasons of discipline, but simply because the assailants felt cruelly empowered by them.

and the world wher EVERY child was beaten had no rapes, violence or assaults?

grow up.

I support proper discipline and punishment, but it is not a 100% solution, just part of good parenting. But even good parents can end up raising monsters.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Jul 25th, 2016 at 11:10am

HERB

the training of young people is a community responsibility.
It takes a village to raise a child.
Training should NEVER be done from an emotional "frame"
If you are angry or seeking revenge or acting out yourself, then you are not in the correct state to train.

But lessons must be given and results must be achieved and the "training temperature" must be increased until success is achieved.
To commence teaching a lesson and then to "quit" is about the worst thing you can do.

It requires great inner awareness to teach from a position of pure contribution.

All adults should "master their emotions".
All should cease the lazy and sloppy attitude of excusing bad behaviour.

Zero tolerance works a treat.
The superior man owes it to the inferior man to be a good role model and to train others properly.
This is a hard grind.
Much easier for the knockers to come on an internet forum and vent then to do the million things that improve someone .0000001 %

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #23 - Jul 25th, 2016 at 11:15am

aquascoot wrote on Jul 25th, 2016 at 11:10am:
HERB

If you are angry or seeking revenge or acting out yourself, then you are not in the correct state to train.

But lessons must be given and results must be achieved and the "training temperature" must be increased until success is achieved.
To commence teaching a lesson and then to "quit" is about the worst thing you can do.

It requires great inner awareness to teach from a position of pure contribution.

The superior man owes it to the inferior man to be a good role model and to train others properly.
This is a hard grind.
Much easier for the knockers to come on an internet forum and vent then to do the million things that improve someone .0000001 %

Quite correct, Aqua.

My punishments were always delivered cold and without the slightest hint of vengeance.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #24 - Jul 25th, 2016 at 11:18am

longweekend58 wrote on Jul 25th, 2016 at 11:06am:
and the world wher EVERY child was beaten had no rapes, violence or assaults?

grow up.

I support proper discipline and punishment, but it is not a 100% solution, just part of good parenting. But even good parents can end up raising monsters.

Don't be childish. It goes without saying that few solutions are effective 100% of the time with 100% of the people.

I admit I am at a slight disadvantage here when addressing these matters to an audience of Australians.

People migrating from Europe suffer a Culture Shock when they discover that Australians are PROUD of their 'larrikin' (hooligan) reputation ... which they pass on to their children as a 'preventive' against them developing into homosexuals - and that anyone disapproving of this attitude is either an uppity 'Pommy Bastard', a Poofter, or a phuking wog!

Grin   
« Last Edit: Jul 25th, 2016 at 11:26am by Lord Herbert »  

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Jul 25th, 2016 at 11:53am

Lord Herbert wrote on Jul 25th, 2016 at 11:15am:
aquascoot wrote on Jul 25th, 2016 at 11:10am:
HERB

This is a hard grind.

Quite correct, Aqua.

My punishments were always delivered cold and without the slightest hint of vengeance.

Indeed Herb.

2 things....you mentioned dogs.  Dogs are predators in the main and the alpha / peck order dynamic is perhaps more applicable.
Horses are prey animals and understanding how to use fight or flight is more applicable.

Humans are somewhere in between.
We exhibit fight or flight, but also a lot of peck order behaviours.
Longweekend , for example , is currently trying to knock us down the peck order. We could fight back or run away and have a cry if we were to go into flight mode.
Humans can transcend both these fairly primitive systems though and go into a deeper paradigm called "mindfulness".

Einstein said that we cannot solve a problem in the dynamic in which it was created and i believe this to be true.

(horse analogy warning).
i can using training techniques , correct a horse and train it to a certain level in about 6 weeks.

But i have been to training sessions where, so called "horse whisperers" can take an unbroken mustang and have it fully compliant in 2 hours. This requires a new level of "connection" which i think is where humans will evolve if we continue to evolve.
it requires incredible focus and an almost meditative fusion .

the problem is that this sort of deep concentration and focus is, everywhere being destroyed by the Durrr state of facebook , twitter, reality TV , junk food and laziness.

very few people can read a book nowadays.
if you read a great book, you can enter this state of "mindful focus" and you can jump forward light years in your understanding.

This is not possible if you seek your "entertainment" in social media . pizza and coca cola.

And it is this lower consciousness "state" that is ruining peoples abilities to connect and to teach the next generation.

they may have good intentions but they are not willing to do the brutally hard mental work to develop their mental muscle

IP Logged

Squire
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Jul 25th, 2016 at 1:02pm

aquascoot wrote on Jul 25th, 2016 at 11:53am:
... very few people can read a book nowadays...

Really?

Aquascoot is totally delusional. Mind must have been destroyed by horse farts.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Jul 25th, 2016 at 1:34pm

Squire wrote on Jul 25th, 2016 at 1:02pm:
aquascoot wrote on Jul 25th, 2016 at 11:53am:
... very few people can read a book nowadays...

Really?

Aquascoot is totally delusional. Mind must have been destroyed by horse farts.

they mainly read low consciousness Hollywood dominated fiction and romantic comedies.
Most people would have a migraine by page 3 of Gandi's
"experiments with truth"

for you squire

"This year's list was absolutely dominated by the big US series Divergent, The Hunger Games and Maze Runner, and that's because of the film-book tie in the whole fantasy book sector."

The committee for #LoveOzYA movement, formed last year to raise the profile of Australian youth literature, said the rising influence of Hollywood adaptions on reading habits was unsurprising, and it would take effort and patience to "get the message out that America did not have the market cornered on teen tales".

The Civica index measured the borrowing habits of Australia's 10 million library members across 1500 public libraries, as well as those in New Zealand.

Library members had the biggest appetite for crime, mystery and thriller novels, with almost one third of all books loaned out between April 2015 and May this year coming from this genre.

Romance was the second most popular category

Marc Nolan, managing director of Civica – the library information, management and collection agency that collates the index – said borrowers seemed to be coming to books viatelevision, film and video games.

Sarah Wilson's I Quit Sugar for Life led the non-fiction list, with travel guides also popular.

Among young readers, Jeff Kinney's Diary of a Wimpy Kid book series ruled while there were three books by Andy Griffiths in the top 10. In kids' non-fiction, handbooks on the video game Minecraft comprised one third of all borrowings.

Ms McKerracher said bestsellers and film tie-ins were helping shape library fiction collections.

"Often what's different between bookshops and libraries, apart from the fact that one is borrow and one is buy, is that we have a bigger collection of mid-list and back-list books because we find if books and [films of the books] remain popular we need to keep buying new copies of those older titles."

Library borrowings across all states were down some 4 % with a 10 % drop in the last decade .

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #28 - Jul 25th, 2016 at 1:43pm

The whole problem is not how we are similar to animals, be them horses or dogs.

It is not how we chastise of teach our children either.

Its about how we, as an animal, treat our children.
Humans are far far more complex beings than these simple herd or pack animals, we are both gregarious and territorial and this sets up a conflict in our minds from the start.
We need human interaction, but we also want total control.
For too long now we are ignoring our children, or only thinking about them when they cause us angst.

Think about it.
The child is nurtured and pampered until the maternity leave runs out.
Then the child is passed from one institution to another, fobbed off and staved of nurturing love by parents who are too busy, too self centered and too focused on being successful to waste time being with their children.

From Pre-school, to school, day care and holiday care, children see their parents only when the parents find the time, which is rare.

The children, when home strive for acceptance, which is not forthcoming from over tired and busy parents, so they immerse themselves in the web or games and are exposed to more and more antisocial activities as a result.
In this electronic media, violence is the norm, although the pain of actually being part of the violence does not exist, because the game can be simply reset.
There are no bruises, no cuts and no broken bones, so they become desensitized to the violence.
They do not understand the repercussions which result from violence and antisocial behavior.

It is now at the stage when even children who are given the vital nurturing are being contaminated by those who have not this vital human need.
The contamination is propagated by the need for power, which comes from the antisocial behavior and any who rebel are ostracized and are subjected to stalking and trolling to subjugate or punish the offenders.

There are even examples of this sick behavior in this forum where some, taking offence or those who feel the need to dominate or feel superior, will immediately attack any they feel threatened by.
To actually face the threat in real life is terrifying to this type of person, they only feel powerful from the anonymity of the computer, where they feel safe.

But occasionally, they individual breaks free from the computer and being desensitized to the violence and lacking their parental guidance and love, take out their frustrations on society and others with no bounds.
Basically becoming almost sociopaths in nature.

How do we fix this problem.
Perhaps Love, nurturing, getting the children into the world of normal people who play and strive.
Get them into the bush and into dangerous but controlled environments where they can see that the world does bite and that you cannot reset.

Or perhaps the world is broken and we are destined to run down this path of self destruction.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Jul 25th, 2016 at 2:24pm

Valkie wrote on Jul 25th, 2016 at 1:43pm:
The whole problem is not how we are similar to animals, be them horses or dogs.

It is not how we chastise of teach our children either.

Its about how we, as an animal, treat our children.
Humans are far far more complex beings than these simple herd or pack animals, we are both gregarious and territorial and this sets up a conflict in our minds from the start.
We need human interaction, but we also want total control.
For too long now we are ignoring our children, or only thinking about them when they cause us angst.

Think about it.
The child is nurtured and pampered until the maternity leave runs out.
Then the child is passed from one institution to another, fobbed off and staved of nurturing love by parents who are too busy, too self centered and too focused on being successful to waste time being with their children.

From Pre-school, to school, day care and holiday care, children see their parents only when the parents find the time, which is rare.

The children, when home strive for acceptance, which is not forthcoming from over tired and busy parents, so they immerse themselves in the web or games and are exposed to more and more antisocial activities as a result.
In this electronic media, violence is the norm, although the pain of actually being part of the violence does not exist, because the game can be simply reset.
There are no bruises, no cuts and no broken bones, so they become desensitized to the violence.
They do not understand the repercussions which result from violence and antisocial behavior.

It is now at the stage when even children who are given the vital nurturing are being contaminated by those who have not this vital human need.
The contamination is propagated by the need for power, which comes from the antisocial behavior and any who rebel are ostracized and are subjected to stalking and trolling to subjugate or punish the offenders.

There are even examples of this sick behavior in this forum where some, taking offence or those who feel the need to dominate or feel superior, will immediately attack any they feel threatened by.
To actually face the threat in real life is terrifying to this type of person, they only feel powerful from the anonymity of the computer, where they feel safe.

But occasionally, they individual breaks free from the computer and being desensitized to the violence and lacking their parental guidance and love, take out their frustrations on society and others with no bounds.
Basically becoming almost sociopaths in nature.

How do we fix this problem.
Perhaps Love, nurturing, getting the children into the world of normal people who play and strive.
Get them into the bush and into dangerous but controlled environments where they can see that the world does bite and that you cannot reset.

Or perhaps the world is broken and we are destined to run down this path of self destruction.

thats a very good post valkie and a very good  "contribution".
i like to keep everything very simple and break it down into very bite sized pieces.
sure, you are correct that humans are far more complex then dogs, but most parents cant even train a dog (see how many are just dumped becuase the parents cant get them to stop barking or digging). If you cant train a simple puppy, god help you with a child.

I break it down into tiny steps and 1 %ers.
Everyone, and i do mean everyone is either getting a little better or a little worse every day.
The default is always failure and the default is that you will get a little worse every day.
when i look at my accountant or my dentist , then each time i see him he just looks a bit more beaten down, a bit more numbed down.

If you dont get into an upward spiral, then you will get into a downward spiral and everything you do, eat, think etc will either feed the up or the down. there is no such thing as a neutral input.

By the way, your writing down of your post is exactly what i encourage as part of neuro linguistic programming. the act of writing it down creates new pathways and clarifies otherwise chaotic thoughts.
Whilst a contribution, the biggest beneficiary is the contributor himself (this is what we mean by you get back more then you give).

many posters on here are incapable of more then a one or two line, usually angry and negative post.
They give little, they get little, they grow little, they become little, they remain little.

We call this "small minded".

there is another saying for you Valkie which is true...the rich get rich and the poor get poorer.
If you devote some time to good food, exercise, meditation and good reading, then you just become better and better in every area and live in abundance.
If you devote yourself to physical laziness, spicey and sugary food, Durr state activities like tv and computer games, then you just become worse and worse and live in scarcity.
Cheers

a good book to read is "the shallows, how the internet is changing the way we think"

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print