Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Gordon Ramsay hunting butchering cooking wild Boar (Read 5624 times)
John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Gordon Ramsay hunting butchering cooking wild Boar
Reply #15 - Jul 24th, 2016 at 9:06pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jul 24th, 2016 at 9:04pm:
You're blowing it out your arse again, John. Concede the point and move on.

Out your arse.

blowing nothing Herb .. I've been on a base before, no one made me put on camo ... I'd say Gregs theory holds more weight than anything baronshitforbrains can think off

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #16 - Jul 24th, 2016 at 9:17pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 24th, 2016 at 9:06pm:

Out your arse.

blowing nothing Herb .. I've been on a base before, no one made me put on camo ... I'd say Gregs theory holds more weight than anything baronshitforbrains can think off

I've been on all-night army cadet manoeuvres in the UK when I was at school, and all we got to wear was drab army khaki ,,, where we sloshed around in the rain on the moors for interminable hours in freezing cold weather with our Enfield .303 rifles feeling heavier and heavier as time went by.

It was a very valuable experience which taught me about some of the 'trivial' realities that our soldiers in wartime had to suffer.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Jul 24th, 2016 at 9:38pm

Out your arse.

I don't see why you needed to wear camo to clean the latrine.

Was Gordon wearing the same clothes as his hosts John dopey dim witted leftard smith?

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Jul 24th, 2016 at 9:42pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jul 24th, 2016 at 9:17pm:

Out your arse.

I've been on all-night army cadet manoeuvres in the UK when I was at school, and all we got to wear was drab army khaki ,,, where we sloshed around in the rain on the moors for interminable hours in freezing cold weather with our Enfield .303 rifles feeling heavier and heavier as time went by.

It was a very valuable experience which taught me about some of the 'trivial' realities that our soldiers in wartime had to suffer.

When I was in Cadets we got to play with the  M16 and SLR L1A1 at Singleton Army base, my father had my grandfathers LE .303 at home.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #19 - Jul 25th, 2016 at 8:03am

Baronvonrort wrote on Jul 24th, 2016 at 9:42pm:
When I was in Cadets we got to play with the  M16 and SLR L1A1 at Singleton Army base, my father had my grandfathers LE .303 at home.

Even to a boy like I was, the weight of the solid stock on those Enfields defied all commonsense. Somebody's relative must have had the wood concession with the army.

Just a skeleton metal-framed stock would have been perfectly adequate.

Weighed a ton.

And then the recoil on those buggers was very bruising to the shoulder. And then the accuracy of them was hopeless. Sighting along the barrel was almost a useless exercise.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Jul 25th, 2016 at 11:41am

Lord Herbert wrote on Jul 25th, 2016 at 8:03am:

Even to a boy like I was, the weight of the solid stock on those Enfields defied all commonsense. Somebody's relative must have had the wood concession with the army.

Weighed a ton.

And then the recoil on those buggers was very bruising to the shoulder. And then the accuracy of them was hopeless. Sighting along the barrel was almost a useless exercise.

I don't like the old fashioned wooden stocks I prefer something like this which the hoplophobes want to ban because it has a pistol grip which makes it 10x more deadly.
I reckon the MDT LSS is the perfect stock-
mdttac.eu

My .300 Winchester magnum kicks about twice as hard as the LE .303, certainly not suited for the faint hearted

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Jul 25th, 2016 at 11:48am

Baronvonrort wrote on Jul 24th, 2016 at 8:53pm:
John Smith wrote on Jul 24th, 2016 at 8:51pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Jul 24th, 2016 at 8:45pm:
They are on a Army base perhaps that explains the camo clothing,

there's a rule on army bases that you must wear camo?

If the base was in the snow he would probably be given white clothes.

It's pretty clear Gordon was wearing what they gave him to wear, unless you're a dopey dim witted leftist.

It's pretty clear Gordon was wearing what the producer asked them to supply him with.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #22 - Jul 25th, 2016 at 12:37pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Jul 25th, 2016 at 11:41am:
mdttac.eu

That's a very sexy piece of equipment that has what it takes to revive a man's flagging love life, not that I need one of those, of course.

There's nothing more simple than integrating a version of Monroe Shocks to minimise the kick-back of powerful rifles.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Jul 25th, 2016 at 1:00pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jul 25th, 2016 at 12:37pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Jul 25th, 2016 at 11:41am:
mdttac.eu

That's a very sexy piece of equipment that has what it takes to revive a man's flagging love life, not that I need one of those, of course.

There's nothing more simple than integrating a version of Monroe Shocks to minimise the kick-back of powerful rifles.

I reckon the MDT LSS is nearly perfect.

If you're worried about recoil you can fit one of these which will make it louder-
precisionarmament.com/product/m11-muzzle-brake

These also fit on the MDT stocks to soften the recoil kick, they're made in Israel, the Israelis make some pretty good stuff-

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Jul 25th, 2016 at 1:06pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Jul 24th, 2016 at 9:38pm:

Out your arse.

I don't see why you needed to wear camo to clean the latrine.

Was Gordon wearing the same clothes as his hosts John dopey dim witted leftard smith?

forget latrines Baron, when was the last time you visited a base and were asked to wear camo?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #25 - Jul 25th, 2016 at 1:27pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Jul 25th, 2016 at 1:00pm:

If you're worried about recoil you can fit one of these which will make it louder-

These also fit on the MDT stocks to soften the recoil kick, they're made in Israel, the Israelis make some pretty good stuff-

The problem with recoil in a combat situation with an Enfield .303 is that your shoulder would become a very painful swollen purple patch with no relief in sight until your R&R came up - which might be weeks away. The AR-15 fired from the hip solves this problem.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Jul 25th, 2016 at 4:15pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jul 25th, 2016 at 1:27pm:

The problem with recoil in a combat situation with an Enfield .303 is that your shoulder would become a very painful swollen purple patch with no relief in sight until your R&R came up - which might be weeks away. The AR-15 fired from the hip solves this problem.

The .223 Remington/5.56 nato is one of the lowest recoil rounds available it would be less than half the recoil of a .303, it burns around 25 grains of powder compared to around 40 grains for the .303 , the .303 shoots a projectile about 3 times bigger than a .223

I don't think I would ever fire from the hip I prefer to aim as ammo isn't cheap.

There is much debate on whether a .223 rem is any good for pig hunting I reckon it's ok for small pigs and inadequate for the bigger ones.
Quote:
Equipment required
Large calibre, high powered rifles (at least equal to .243 performance) fitted with telescopic sight, hollow point or soft nosed (minimum 80 grain) ammunition should be used.
pestsmart.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/PIG003_ground-shooting_web.pdf

I dislike the AR-15 I think they are fairly ordinary and being a .223 a bit small for pig shooting, I would suggest a GAP-10 in 7mm-08 so it could legally take any species in Australia

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #27 - Jul 25th, 2016 at 4:49pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jul 24th, 2016 at 9:17pm:

Out your arse.

When I was in the Army, I got to teach Cadets how to safely use firearms, such as the M16 and the L1a1, Baron.   Any Cadet caught "playing" with a firearm was given a stern lecture indeed!   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #28 - Jul 25th, 2016 at 4:53pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jul 25th, 2016 at 8:03am:

Weighed a ton.

All depends on how they are held and how well the weapons are maintained.  Having seen Cadets clean their .303 DP rifles with butter, because the idiot Officer of Cadets told them to do it, rather than walk across to the Q-Store and request some gun oil, I can assure you, most of the Cadets' problems with firearms comes from their superiors.    Roll Eyes

As for the weapon's butt and stock,  it had been good enough for the Brown Bess musket, it was good enough for a soldier in the mud of Flanders or New Guinea.   The SMLE .303 was an excellent weapon for it's day.   It wasn't meant to be used by a 30kg kid but a 60-80kg adult.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #29 - Jul 25th, 2016 at 4:56pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jul 25th, 2016 at 1:27pm:

However, any weapon fired from the hip is only accurate to about 25 metres, Herbie.  A .303 SMLE, fired from the shoulder is good to about 1,000 metres.

Personally, I've never heard of "R&R" "coming up" to anyone.   Stop talking bullshit, Herbie.  It makes you look even more foolish.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print