Cat warpath (Read 2374 times)
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Cat warpath
Jul 17th, 2016 at 4:43pm

I'm sick of roaming cats here.
Most nights I go out I see a cat.
We have no birds here now, we used to always have birds.

Have borrowed a trap from the city council.
Caught one on the first weekend, a wet weekend.
Now the after hours dropoff is full so it is downstairs overnight.

will prob meow and poo.

where is the river to put it in.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Re: Cat warpath
Reply #1 - Jul 17th, 2016 at 5:05pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jul 17th, 2016 at 4:43pm:

That is all kinds of wrong!

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jul 17th, 2016 at 5:25pm

I've even got a cat in my neighborhood that chases the neighbours cats into their own homes. When owners try to get it out it doesn't even bat an eye. Couldn't care in the slightest that someone is shooing it.  It followed one particular neighbours cat into her bedroom, then proceeded to tear her cat apart on her nice white bedspread.

$1500 of surgery to her cat and one bedspread later, she's covered her rear patio so as to make sure she doesn't have a repeat. My suggestion to her was to next time use a shovel and then bury it.

Not sure why people agree dogs should be fenced off, but cats should be allowed to roam. They shouldn't. Lock the friggen things up or don't get a cat.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #3 - Jul 17th, 2016 at 5:35pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 17th, 2016 at 5:25pm:
I've even got a cat in my neighborhood that chases the neighbours cats into their own homes. When owners try to get it out it doesn't even bat an eye. Couldn't care in the slightest that someone is shooing it.  It followed one particular neighbours cat into her bedroom, then proceeded to tear her cat apart on her nice white bedspread.

$1500 of surgery to her cat and one bedspread later, she's covered her rear patio so as to make sure she doesn't have a repeat. My suggestion to her was to next time use a shovel and then bury it.

Not sure why people agree dogs should be fenced off, but cats should be allowed to roam. They shouldn't. Lock the friggen things up or don't get a cat.

Well there is the odd problem cat- AND dog.  Cats have been in Australia now so long they should not be considered as a an alien species anymore- they are now part of our ecology.  I love cats and yes they ( like dogs ) do present  problems  from time to time- I also love our wildlife, but even with cats thown into the mix it is NOT cats threatening species and driving them to extinction- It's man.  My cat does not roam. I have a lot of feral cats here the only problem they presented to me by them, was nocturnal noise.

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #4 - Jul 17th, 2016 at 5:37pm

Agnes wrote on Jul 17th, 2016 at 5:35pm:

Well there is the odd problem cat- AND dog.  Cats have been in Australia now so long they should not be considered as a an alien species anymore- they are now part of our ecology.  I love cats and yes they ( like dogs ) do present  problems  from time to time- I also love our wildlife, but even with cats thown into the mix it is NOT cats threatening species and driving them to extinction- It's man.  My cat does not roam. I have a lot of feral cats here the only problem they presented to me by them, was nocturnal noise.

I think native animals disagree with you.

IBI

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #5 - Jul 17th, 2016 at 5:39pm

Gordon wrote on Jul 17th, 2016 at 5:37pm:

I think native animals disagree with you.

I don't care- man destroys the  habitats of wildlife and cause population decline of various species ie: Koalas for just  one.- fact

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jul 17th, 2016 at 5:56pm

Well there is the odd problem cat- AND dog.

so killing the odd cat shouldn't present a problem then.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #7 - Jul 17th, 2016 at 5:58pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 17th, 2016 at 5:56pm:

Unfortunately there is the odd cruel asshole that does that already, I would never condone that John- no.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #8 - Jul 17th, 2016 at 5:59pm

Black Orchid wrote on Jul 17th, 2016 at 5:05pm:

I won't do that.

For stupid ethical reasons

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - Jul 17th, 2016 at 6:02pm

............. it is NOT cats threatening species and driving them to extinction.................

All the experts say it is.

IP Logged

Mistress Nicole
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jul 17th, 2016 at 6:03pm

Black Orchid wrote on Jul 17th, 2016 at 5:05pm:

Gotta disagree with you on this one Orchid - I live in a native bush land area, and I've seen first hand the type of damage cats (and foxes) can do.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #11 - Jul 17th, 2016 at 6:07pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jul 17th, 2016 at 6:02pm:
............. it is NOT cats threatening species and driving them to extinction.................

Depends on the area... for the most part man is a far greater threat to wild life- not all experts are all that expert.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jul 17th, 2016 at 6:07pm

Agnes wrote on Jul 17th, 2016 at 5:58pm:
John Smith wrote on Jul 17th, 2016 at 5:56pm:

Unfortunately there is the odd cruel asshole that does that already, I would never condone that John- no.

cruel? Mother natures a bitch isn't she!

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jul 17th, 2016 at 6:14pm

Agnes wrote on Jul 17th, 2016 at 6:07pm:

Depends on the area... for the most part man is a far greater threat to wild life- not all experts are all that expert.

See, I have a problem with that argument. Are you suggesting that we limit what 'man' does? how do you propose to do that exactly? Does that mean we don't take any measures to protect our native flora and fauna because 'man is a greater threat anyway'?

Cats are easy to control if owners act responsibly. Restrict your cats movements, put a bell and collar on it and de-sex it. We do it for dogs, why not cats? All pretty easy things to do if you were so minded. Your excuses sound like just that,  excuses, for irresponsible owners. ALL the experts have said cats are a problem to our wildlife.

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jul 17th, 2016 at 5:59pm:
For stupid ethical reasons

I just can't bring myself to do it either ... although sometimes I wish I could

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #14 - Jul 17th, 2016 at 6:17pm

Agnes wrote on Jul 17th, 2016 at 6:07pm:

I agree with you there

humans are the #1 threat.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print