Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
How Useless Is The National Party ? (Read 39983 times)
Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: How Useless Is The National Party ?
Reply #30 - Jan 15th, 2020 at 11:45pm

Another power outage today just west of the Blue Mountains, 5hours 20mins - That makes 237 outages since Jan 2013, when I first decentralized from Sydney. I write down every outage

It's a National party seat, so again, how useless is the National party? Pretty damn useless if you ask me

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #31 - Jan 18th, 2020 at 9:47am

Dnarever wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 8:04pm:
The useless Nationals have been the funniest show in town the bush for years.

Imagine - a Political group who have done everything they possibly could to trash the environment at every opportunity for decades and they are supported by people that stupid that they don't get that they are the group in the community most dependant on the environment.

Wonder why a lot of these guys are stereotyped as dumb hicks, just maybe they are.

Rash over-generalisation. Take for instance the idea farmers are ‘dumb hicks’. They may have had ideological blinkers over their eyes for generations but around here in Nth Tasmania the majority of farming families offspring are taking out universtity degrees in everything from agricultural science to information tech. You don’t survive in many branches of primary industry today without a decent education.

One aspect of groups such as Gippsland dairy farmers is the necessity of working  seven days a week often from 4am to 6pm. For as long as I can remember this makes their membership in federal parliament very unlikely enabling the Nationals to ignore their particular industry. Not much longer though unless the Chinese, with the help of the Federal Libs turning a blind eye, manage to buy up the majority of dairy holdings in Australia.

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #32 - Jan 18th, 2020 at 5:56pm

Its a cultural thing of Politics that showed in the Civil Wars of both USA and UK (Cromwell).
That 'city' people are the civilised and country people are inbred hicks.
Even Australia's Political interpretation promotes 'Country' people as a tragedy of drowning oneself into a Billabong.
So the National Party just plays along with it.
So 'Politically' - the Country/Rural culture is inferior and the 'city' people are superior. This might also explain Politics inability to comprehend the more 'rural' Black cultures of the world, in bias and servitude to the Yellows in their Forbidden Cities and Shangri-la's.

But it seems the Country and Rural people who are becoming more 'educated' and even making more money than their 'city' competitors here in Australia are doing so with a touch of ART in their culture more than Politics.

Politics = Pro-City (Yellow people)
              Anti-Rural (Black people)

...this kinda sums up why Politics never took Aboriginal 'care' of the country as something serious beyond the 'primitive' tag.

Personally, it seems that this country has been ruined in many ways - just to 'protect' Politics.
If everything was treated equally here, I reckon many Politicians would find it hard going here.
But because they use 'FORCE' (Police/Military) to make sure 'everything' bends the knee to them - they have got it pretty.
You could even see ScoMo ready to lose the plot at the idea that he should bend the knee to the Fire Crises (its not Politics you see).

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Jan 18th, 2020 at 5:58pm

China will sort it out

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #34 - Jan 18th, 2020 at 7:54pm

Ayn Marx wrote on Jan 18th, 2020 at 9:47am:
Dnarever wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 8:04pm:
The useless Nationals have been the funniest show in town the bush for years.

Imagine - a Political group who have done everything they possibly could to trash the environment at every opportunity for decades and they are supported by people that stupid that they don't get that they are the group in the community most dependant on the environment.

Wonder why a lot of these guys are stereotyped as dumb hicks, just maybe they are.

Rash over-generalisation. Take for instance the idea farmers are ‘dumb hicks’. They may have had ideological blinkers over their eyes for generations but around here in Nth Tasmania the majority of farming families offspring are taking out universtity degrees in everything from agricultural science to information tech. You don’t survive in many branches of primary industry today without a decent education.

One aspect of groups such as Gippsland dairy farmers is the necessity of working  seven days a week often from 4am to 6pm. For as long as I can remember this makes their membership in federal parliament very unlikely enabling the Nationals to ignore their particular industry. Not much longer though unless the Chinese, with the help of the Federal Libs turning a blind eye, manage to buy up the majority of dairy holdings in Australia.

I didn't really mean that they are dumb hicks, mostly. though your example could be the exception that proves the rule. I don't think that education trumps inbred political habit. Some of these guys have been shooting themself in the foot for generations.

There is no way around the facts that:

1) The nationals are a danger to the environment.
2) Farmers depend on the environment more than almost anyone.
3) Farmers traditionally support the Nationals politically or worse the Liberals.
4) This is really really dumb, they are their own worst enemy

It does make them look like dumb hicks even if they aren't.
« Last Edit: Jan 18th, 2020 at 8:38pm by Dnarever »  

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #35 - Jan 18th, 2020 at 8:35pm

Jasin wrote on Jan 18th, 2020 at 5:56pm:
Its a cultural thing of Politics that showed in the Civil Wars of both USA and UK (Cromwell).
That 'city' people are the civilised and country people are inbred hicks.
Even Australia's Political interpretation promotes 'Country' people as a tragedy of drowning oneself into a Billabong.
So the National Party just plays along with it.
So 'Politically' - the Country/Rural culture is inferior and the 'city' people are superior. This might also explain Politics inability to comprehend the more 'rural' Black cultures of the world, in bias and servitude to the Yellows in their Forbidden Cities and Shangri-la's.

But it seems the Country and Rural people who are becoming more 'educated' and even making more money than their 'city' competitors here in Australia are doing so with a touch of ART in their culture more than Politics.

Politics = Pro-City (Yellow people)
              Anti-Rural (Black people)

...this kinda sums up why Politics never took Aboriginal 'care' of the country as something serious beyond the 'primitive' tag.

Personally, it seems that this country has been ruined in many ways - just to 'protect' Politics.
If everything was treated equally here, I reckon many Politicians would find it hard going here.
But because they use 'FORCE' (Police/Military) to make sure 'everything' bends the knee to them - they have got it pretty.
You could even see ScoMo ready to lose the plot at the idea that he should bend the knee to the Fire Crises (its not Politics you see).

Quote:
So 'Politically' - the Country/Rural culture is inferior and the 'city' people are superior.

I don't see how pointing out that many country peoples irrational political bias is against their own best interests in any way infers that city people are any smarter ?

Dumb is a plentiful commodity, more than enough for all.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #36 - Jan 19th, 2020 at 9:07am

There is a schism in the Rural/Country existence.
There are those that live by the 'downtrodden' people of the land culture and the now progressive, alternative people who can't be bothered 'playing the victim' and waiting for Government hand-outs because they can't get ahead using a Crop or Animal that is not 'suitable' in the Australian environment unless it uses heaps of water or chemicals, etc.

There are victims and there are victors.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #37 - Jan 23rd, 2020 at 10:16am

Jasin wrote on Jan 19th, 2020 at 9:07am:
There are those that live by the 'downtrodden' people of the land culture and the now progressive, alternative people who can't be bothered 'playing the victim' and waiting for Government hand-outs because they can't get ahead using a Crop or Animal that is not 'suitable' in the Australian environment unless it uses heaps of water or chemicals, etc.

Speaking of which,  anyone noticed the wholesale price on the mainland for marijuana is skyrocketing since the bushfires?

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #38 - Jan 23rd, 2020 at 2:07pm

Ayn Marx wrote on Jan 23rd, 2020 at 10:16am:
Jasin wrote on Jan 19th, 2020 at 9:07am:

Speaking of which,  anyone noticed the wholesale price on the mainland for marijuana is skyrocketing since the bushfires?

Well if you're going to have the most drug effected region of the World known as the 'most virulent'.
Then you might as well profit from it, rather than let other nations get the better from it. Best not make it a 'dead' loss.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Jan 27th, 2020 at 8:18pm

Another three power outages to-night, short duration, I note them down using a torch to see by, to write down the time and date

Can't be doing my electronic gear much good, it all gets shut off the wrong way when the power goes off. Gotta go around switching it all back on. I've got the computer set on "Automatic Restart" but lose unsaved data

That's 240 blackouts since I decentralized from Sydney in 2013

What year are we living in? Must be still 1952, the last year the National party was of any use

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #40 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 1:44am

They whinge about people using their Air-Cons and soaking up their Power.

Makes me wonder what they will say when everyone drives Electrical vehicles then.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 1:10pm

I've lost my Land Line now, went gradually over a couple of weeks, nothing to do with bushfires. I have three landline phones I plug in and try separately but still can't ring out or receive calls. Same happened a few years ago and a Telstra sparkie came out after we notified them and he worked on the wire in the street, if you could call it a street, it's really just a dirt laneway that was last graded in 1949 or there abouts. We pay the monthly maintenance fee on our bill but the onus is on us to call Telstra about any faults in the street

The Telstra shop in town told me to ring Telstra

Wouldn't you think Telstra would do periodic checks?

This is where the National party falls down. There's two National party Reps for this area, that nobody Andrew Gee and that grinning clown Paul Toole. Both are as useless as a wooden frypan
« Last Edit: Jan 28th, 2020 at 1:15pm by Bias_2012 »  

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 1:19pm

How useless is the National Party?

depends what you use as a yardstick

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 4:17pm

PZ547 wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 1:19pm:
How useless is the National Party?

depends what you use as a yardstick

How long it takes for a political party to do anything

I talked to folks in a village who formed a committee and put in a reasonable request to their Council for a short stretch of dirt road to be sealed. There were/are shops and school either side of the road. It was driven over constantly by highway traffic

They told me that twenty years later it was finally sealed

The lazy useless National party apparently didn't secure funding to help out and get that road done sooner, they just don't care about people in the bush, too many whities it seems

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #44 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 6:24pm

The Nationals & Democrats do for the Liberals, exactly what the Greens & Unions do for Labor. They make both of them look better than they really are.

Labor & Liberal don't like having too many competitors out there. That's why they keep these other 4 under the wing and 'under control'.

Even now they try to reign in the Independents.
They don't like Australian people having a CHOICE.

It's all about Ping-Pong: Labor & Liberal are the Paddles and the Voter is the Ball.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print