Halal food (Read 9170 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Halal food
Reply #75 - Jul 10th, 2016 at 5:54pm

Quote:
Yes they are exactly the same as far as I'm concerned, they too have religious stipulations just like the muslims, and they too have abattoirs across Australia that must be kosher certified no different to the halal certification.

Exactly the same eh? Would you mind pointing out which abattoirs are being charged tens of thousands of dollars every single month for kosher certification? Would you mind pointing out which foreign governments are imposing regional monopolies within Australia to prevent the use of cheap kosher certifiers?

Your example specifies between $550 and $2200 per annum, or $2200 to $6,600 per annum for an international kosher certificate. In comparison, a QLD abattoir was being charged $27000 per month for halal certification. That is between 50 and 150 times the price. Are you sure they are exactly the same?

Quote:
Rubbish, Australian Halal certifiers charge Australian abattoirs about $3000 per visit 3 or 4 times a year its in my post above.

In your Kosher post, where more than one visit per year is required, the fee is between $250 and $1000 per visit. That is still a lot less. Also, how do you explain abattoirs getting charged $27000 per month?

Quote:
I cant see a problem Australian abattoirs are paying about $12000 per annum

Again, the price is as high as $27000 a month - for some, it became so bad they had to withdraw from the market. That's exactly what an extortion racket is. You charge so much merely for the 'right' to participate in the market that you absorb so much of the profits you force some people out of the market.

Quote:
to be part of a Global meat market world wide that is estimated to be $2.1 trillion dollars, again this information is in the links I posted.

So you have no problem with foreign governments establishing regional monopolies within Australia to charge extortionist rates for a mandatory 'service'? No objections at all?

Quote:
Funny that abattoir manager in the link above I provided said that once approval had been given they don't see the Halal certifiers until the next round of inspections.

The problem is not people turning up. That sounds more like an actual service. The problem is the $27000 per month scam they are running.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #76 - Jul 10th, 2016 at 7:12pm

Where are you getting $27000 a month.

It says in black and white that Australian abattoirs pay between $2000 and $3000 per audit and inspections happen 3 or 4 times a year.

So that's between $8000 to $12000 per annum.

Once the inspection is over the abattoirs don't see the certifiers until the next inspection/audit.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-14/fact-check-does-halal-certification-fund-t...

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/bushtelegraph/halal/5843904
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2016 at 7:21pm by Ajax »  

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #77 - Jul 10th, 2016 at 7:20pm

FD loves to bring the MUI scandal up every once in a while and dishonestly passes it off as a normal part of the halal industry. He even mentions it as "Islamic economics" in his wiki. Hilarious.

The fact is, the MUI scandal was a once off in 2013, and the $27 thousand fee was a single and unverified claim cited by the Murdoch Press. What ensued is exactly what should happen in a competitive market: the affected abbottoirs boycotted the certifiers who were charging exorbident fees, and now the Indonesian government has stepped in and dismantled the MUI, and has set up a new body that has stopped the rorts. The Indonesian government's intervention was undoubtedly at least in part a response to the boycott.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #78 - Jul 10th, 2016 at 7:24pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jul 10th, 2016 at 7:20pm:
FD loves to bring the MUI scandal up every once in a while and dishonestly passes it off as a normal part of the halal industry. He even mentions it as "Islamic economics" in his wiki. Hilarious.

The fact is, the MUI scandal was a once off in 2013, and the $27 thousand fee was a single and unverified claim cited by the Murdoch Press. What ensued is exactly what should happen in a competitive market: the affected abbottoirs boycotted the certifiers who were charging exorbident fees, and now the Indonesian government has stepped in and dismantled the MUI, and has set up a new body that has stopped the rorts. The Indonesian government's intervention was undoubtedly at least in part a response to the boycott.

Thanks Gandalf.

If it were $27000 a month I'm sure manufacturers would all be screaming at the top of their lungs and complaining to the government.

That would be $324000 per annum and I'm sure the halal meat would be more expensive.

As far as I can tell there is no difference in price between halal meat and other meat.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #79 - Jul 10th, 2016 at 7:36pm

Ajax wrote on Jul 10th, 2016 at 7:12pm:

It says in black and white that Australian abattoirs pay between $2000 and $3000 per audit and inspections happen 3 or 4 times a year.

Once the inspection is over the abattoirs don't see the certifiers until the next inspection/audit.

http://i63.tinypic.com/4fvb4o.jpg

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-14/fact-check-does-halal-certification-fund-t...

What your link says is many meat processors didn't want to speak to this fact check and those who did says it cost between $8000-12,000 per year.

Fact check is not a reliable source they have been wrong on numerous occasions.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #80 - Jul 10th, 2016 at 7:40pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Jul 10th, 2016 at 7:36pm:

What your link says is many meat processors didn't want to speak to this fact check and those who did says it cost between $8000-12,000 per year.

If you had read a little further down

As far as I'm concerned you guys are working yourselves up over nothing more than a storm in a tea cup.

The global halal meat market is $2.1 trillion dollars, I'm sure you would want Australian meat manufacturers to be a part of this market...??

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #81 - Jul 10th, 2016 at 8:23pm

Quote:

That article you demanded I post. Do a text search of the previous page.

Quote:
If it were $27000 a month I'm sure manufacturers would all be screaming at the top of their lungs and complaining to the government.

Businesses tend to avoid politics. The last thing they want to do is piss of the customer, or a foreign government that is holding an axe over their business.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #82 - Jul 10th, 2016 at 9:02pm

Ajax wrote on Jul 10th, 2016 at 7:40pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Jul 10th, 2016 at 7:36pm:

If you had read a little further down

http://i67.tinypic.com/2vdfkuw.jpg

As far as I'm concerned you guys are working yourselves up over nothing more than a storm in a tea cup.

The global halal meat market is $2.1 trillion dollars, I'm sure you would want Australian meat manufacturers to be a part of this market...??

Our live exports are halal, remind me who it is who wants to stop our live exports, for meat to be halal is must be killed by a muslim.

Last time we stopped live exports the muslims started buying from Canada and Brazil.

Halal slaughterhouses discriminate on religion by not hiring non muslims, glad to see you support religious discrimination that favours muslims.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #83 - Jul 11th, 2016 at 2:57pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Jul 10th, 2016 at 9:02pm:
Our live exports are halal, remind me who it is who wants to stop our live exports, for meat to be halal is must be killed by a muslim.

Tell me Baron, does that include Vietnamese beating cattle over the head with a sledgehammer?

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #84 - Jul 11th, 2016 at 3:13pm

Having a muslim praying over my food would just turn my stomach.
I'm funny that way Gandalf.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #85 - Jul 11th, 2016 at 3:27pm

bogarde73 wrote on Jul 11th, 2016 at 3:13pm:

Yes you are.

You know what worries me?  It's the idea that some Kosher butcher could slaughter an animal that has never been stunned.   All Ovine and Bovine slaughter in Australia for Halal purposes have to be stunned before their throats are cut.   According the RSPCA, only Kosher abattoirs have been granted the right to slaughter without stunning.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #86 - Jul 11th, 2016 at 5:58pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 11th, 2016 at 3:27pm:

Yes you are.

You know what worries me?  It's the idea that some Kosher butcher could slaughter an animal that has never been stunned.   All Ovine and Bovine slaughter in Australia for Halal purposes have to be stunned before their throats are cut.   According the RSPCA, only Kosher abattoirs have been granted the right to slaughter without stunning.    Roll Eyes

Hhmm...that's interesting....no stunning.

I don't see anyone arcing up about that............!!

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #87 - Jul 11th, 2016 at 6:00pm

Hey bogy once certification has ben granted the abattoirs don't see the inspectors until the next audit.

So how can they bless each and every animal....??

Do you say grace before a meal.......??

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #88 - Jul 11th, 2016 at 6:13pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jul 11th, 2016 at 2:57pm:

Tell me Baron, does that include Vietnamese beating cattle over the head with a sledgehammer?

you do have a point.. its disgraceful....

however this is about what is allowed in this Country.... this is something we have control over..

I buy free range eggs.....WHY.. because I do not like the way those hens are treated....

its my choice.....I can buy a product with a Heart Foundation tick on it... if I chose too..and buy the one without and it will cost me no more..

however with this Halal cost.. I am paying for it even though I am not buying it..

and thats what riles me...as far as I know Kosher meat isnt sold in supermarkets......at least if it is I havent been told about it...as far as I know Jewish areas have their own butchers....and shops....they dont intrude on my life..

however if what has been said they are allowed by courtesy of the RSPCA to slaughter animals without stunning them... then that is disgraceful....barbaric...

how can we have two sets of rules in this country... Angry Angry Angry Angry

how can we point the finger at other nations.. Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #89 - Jul 11th, 2016 at 6:23pm

cods wrote on Jul 11th, 2016 at 6:13pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Jul 11th, 2016 at 2:57pm:

you do have a point.. its disgraceful....

however this is about what is allowed in this Country.... this is something we have control over..

I buy free range eggs.....WHY.. because I do not like the way those hens are treated....

its my choice.....I can buy a product with a Heart Foundation tick on it... if I chose too..and buy the one without and it will cost me no more..

however with this Halal cost.. I am paying for it even though I am not buying it..

and thats what riles me...as far as I know Kosher meat isnt sold in supermarkets......at least if it is I havent been told about it...as far as I know Jewish areas have their own butchers....and shops....they dont intrude on my life..

however if what has been said they are allowed by courtesy of the RSPCA to slaughter animals without stunning them... then that is disgraceful....barbaric...

how can we have two sets of rules in this country... Angry Angry Angry Angry

how can we point the finger at other nations.. Angry Angry Angry

cods  can tell you now that fresh meat from a butcher shop is no way any cheaper than buying halal meat from a halal butcher shop.

I know I have shopped at both.

Although I don't know about the packaged food cause I have never bought halal products.

But I have and still buy halal meat.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print