Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
UK is chaotically disintegrating after Brexit vote (Read 5130 times)
innocentbystander.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: UK is chaotically disintegrating after Brexit vote
Reply #45 - Jun 28th, 2016 at 5:39pm

NorthOfNorth wrote on Jun 28th, 2016 at 4:32pm:
Wait till France determines that rejected asylum seekers, so long as they leave the EU, will not be hindered at Calais... Now where would the closest nation outside the EU soon be, you think?

Good point but thats why they invented the SAW, just for situtions like this.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #46 - Jun 28th, 2016 at 5:58pm

Neferti wrote on Jun 28th, 2016 at 4:04pm:
issuevoter wrote on Jun 28th, 2016 at 3:55pm:
I would like to know what those who framed this referendum thought were the chances of a slim majority either way. They do not seem to have considered the possibility. Where they confident, or incompetent?

Get your hand off it, mate.

In a country that does NOT have compulsory voting, those that actually turned up got the YES vote.

No GREENS were involved.  Grin

I am glad it went the way it did, but no referendum should be won on so slim a margin. I settles nothing. Its a political cock-up.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #47 - Jun 28th, 2016 at 6:03pm

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Jun 28th, 2016 at 6:22pm

Marla wrote on Jun 28th, 2016 at 4:07am:
Frank wrote on Jun 27th, 2016 at 6:07pm:
Just so. All the Marxist are arguing for capitalist stability

Since when?

Since the Brexit vote.

And before, when they were arguing for market stability.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #49 - Jun 28th, 2016 at 10:02pm

issuevoter wrote on Jun 28th, 2016 at 5:58pm:
I would like to know what those who framed this referendum thought were the chances of a slim majority either way. They do not seem to have considered the possibility. Where they confident, or incompetent?

In a country that does NOT have compulsory voting, those that actually turned up got the YES vote.

I am glad it went the way it did, but no referendum should be won on so slim a margin. I settles nothing. Its a political cock-up.

Aye, that it is.

But its poetic in that the greatest world divide-and-rulers have now sliced their own backyard to pieces...

Let's all pray for the greatest right and good out of all of this... A united Ireland.

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #50 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 12:23pm

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #51 - Jul 4th, 2016 at 7:45am

NorthOfNorth wrote on Jun 28th, 2016 at 10:02pm:
issuevoter wrote on Jun 28th, 2016 at 5:58pm:

Aye, that it is.

But its poetic in that the greatest world divide-and-rulers have now sliced their own backyard to pieces...

Let's all pray for the greatest right and good out of all of this... A united Ireland.

And so the unthinkable is being thinked!

A united Ireland.

Bearing in mind though that this kind of thinking's for the angels... The devil's in the doing.

Brexit: Vote to leave EU could unite Ireland with Catholics, Protestants looking for stability

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-03/brexit-vote-makes-united-ireland-suddenly-...

IP Logged

Squire
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Jul 6th, 2016 at 12:18am

Brexit ended the United Kingdom. Its no longer united and the leaders are a bunch of bedwetting rabble trying to get as much distance as they can from the whole sorry mess.

In fact, UK is much like the EU; a bunch of disparate states which formed commercial and security alliances.

IP Logged

Cofgod
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Bolton, Great Britain
Reply #53 - Jul 8th, 2016 at 1:18am

Good to see the Chinese coming out saying that a UK-China trade deal is now more likely thanks to Brexit.

A Chinese official has said that China was being frustrated by the EU.

As a member of the EU Britain has not been able to negotiate individual trade deals with countries for years,  with Brussels responsible for negotiations.

It means Britain has been left without trade deals with the likes of Canada, Australia, Japan, China, the US and other countries because the EU has so far failed in attempts to secure deals.

But now, China Daily has reported that a deal with the UK could he fast-tracked now that Britain is leaving the EU.

Countries such as Australia, New Zealand, Canada and South Korea are also wanting to make trade deals with Britain. Britain can now make trade deals with countries it wasn't able to make trade deals with as part of the EU.

So much for the Remainiac warnings that nobody would want to trade with the UK if it left the EU.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #54 - Jul 8th, 2016 at 8:52am

Given the morass that Brexit is almost certain to leave the British civil service, it , ironically, may be only foreigners (the removal of whom is the reason many give for voting to leave in the first place) who have the heart, energy and motivation (in aid of honourable citizenship) to wade through the steaming pile of soon-to-be redundant regulations and ultimately inadequate Acts of Parliament.

I'm imagining those heads of department who are at or close to retirement wondering if, like Cameron, Johnson and Farage, they too 'want their life back' or value their time more than the next few years of drudgery unwinding 40+ years of European integration.

And never mind the department heads, what about their senior executives and others who will ultimately be ground into the dirt by the political and bureaucratic hysteria, angst and deadlines that will inevitably be foisted on them.

And, again, never mind the bureaucrats, what about the legal system being swamped with cases of branch of contract & etc...

Yes, all components of the Westminster system is going to be worn to the stub over the next few years in a way probably not witnessed since the end of WW2.

This, most certainly, is an argument (writ large) for the soundness of the cautionary advice - Be careful what you wish for.

IP Logged

Squire
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Jul 8th, 2016 at 7:27pm

Cofgod wrote on Jul 8th, 2016 at 1:18am:
Good to see the Chinese coming out saying that a UK-China trade deal is now more likely thanks to Brexit.

A Chinese official has said that China was being frustrated by the EU.

As a member of the EU Britain has not been able to negotiate individual trade deals with countries for years,  with Brussels responsible for negotiations.

It means Britain has been left without trade deals with the likes of Canada, Australia, Japan, China, the US and other countries because the EU has so far failed in attempts to secure deals.

But now, China Daily has reported that a deal with the UK could he fast-tracked now that Britain is leaving the EU.

Countries such as Australia, New Zealand, Canada and South Korea are also wanting to make trade deals with Britain. Britain can now make trade deals with countries it wasn't able to make trade deals with as part of the EU.

So much for the Remainiac warnings that nobody would want to trade with the UK if it left the EU.

That's great for the UK and prospective trade partners if the demand for Worcestershire sauce rescues the UK economy which is Southbound since Brexit.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #56 - Jul 11th, 2016 at 9:56am

Peter Hitchens so happy about Brexit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnCvl2T_o5o

Watch this smug bas tard!    hehe

Peter Hitchens is so, so, amused and happy,        ......on the occasion of 'the people' of the UK 'sticking it to' the UK retail politicians!!

Who [Peter Hitchens feels] don't live in the real world, and who [the common men and women] feel that the UK retail politicians do not represent their interests, in parliament.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #57 - Jul 11th, 2016 at 10:00am

innocentbystander. wrote on Jun 28th, 2016 at 5:39pm:
NorthOfNorth wrote on Jun 28th, 2016 at 4:32pm:
Wait till France determines that rejected asylum seekers, so long as they leave the EU, will not be hindered at Calais... Now where would the closest nation outside the EU soon be, you think?

Good point but thats why they invented the SAW, just for situtions like this.

http://world.guns.ru/userfiles/images/machine/mg17/m249saw.jpg

I'm confused by this analogy.

If you're suggesting that the British will use the SAW, then I'm definitely confused.

The M249 SAW is an American version of a Belgian gun.

Now if you had said L108A1, less confusion.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Jul 14th, 2016 at 9:07am

Oh look! Three weeks on and Britain is still there! It has not vanished under rains of frogs , plagues of locusts and been swallowed into the fiery pits of the abyss as the Remnants were prophesying.  Grin

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Jul 14th, 2016 at 5:57pm

Why We Must Have A Second Referendum - Now!  NOW!!!!

Brilliant.

« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2016 at 6:03pm by Frank »  

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print