Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Time for a new conservative party. (Read 6496 times)
stryder
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Time for a new conservative party.
Jun 20th, 2016 at 10:00pm

Time for a new conservative party to rise out of somewhere, I'm not sure about this Australian liberty alliance party and whether they are worth a chance,

The liberal party has some leftie elements to it with which has turned me off completely from it. it seems it doesn't have any passion or will to represent some libertarian or conservative beliefs and values at all.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: Time for a new conservative party.
Reply #1 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 3:11pm

Australians generally are mildly left of centre in their viewpoints for the most part.   The Liberal Party represents that.  At the present moment it is largely under the control of what Maggie Thatcher used to call "the dries" as against "the wets".   I prefer the "wets".   They at least tried to be more human when they screwed over the voters for their rich piggy mates.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

WJV

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 10:30pm

I think it is best if the two major parties stay in control. The Australian political class are pretty worthless - but at least they have manged to keep our duopoly intact, unlike the worthless European political class with all of these loon European political parties like Golden Dawn, Syriza, National Front and Podemos.

I remember there was some talk of Bernardi heading a new conservative party and I think it is good that it didnt happen. It is bad enough having all of these independents making a mess of things. And people like Palmer and Katter and Xenophon and Hanson trying to start new parties.

What would improve things is if the political class stopped being such bed wetters, and if our media stopped being such trouble makers. Most Australians dont pay much attention at all to politics and there is no need to get so hysterical about everything.

Conservatives should support the Liberal Party and if they want it to be better then work to improve it - but it is a bad idea in my opinion to go away from the two major parties and break up the safe and reliable duopoly that has worked for so long because if it does break down God only knows what we will get but it is a good guess that it will be radicals of one form or another. We dont need radicals in Australian Politics.

IP Logged

WJV

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 10:40pm

-
Bernardi is already a bit of a loon but take him out of the Liberal Party and put him as head of his own Conservative Party and he would be completely unhinged. We need the Liberal Party to prevent radicals and loons from overrunning Australian Politics. So us conservatives need to support them. Even if they do have a so-called 'liberal' leader right now in Malcolm Turnbull.

IP Logged

charliedelto

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #4 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 3:37pm

Looks like the Australian Conservatives are up and running. Do you still feel the same after Malcolm T's comments about the LNP not being conservatives?

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #5 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 8:58pm

Where was the first one?

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

Spike4169

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Aug 3rd, 2017 at 10:07pm

Why ? all a conservative party can do is offer the same old Austerity and failed trickle down economics.
The only hold they have is to offer small business a small tax cut and scare us about terrorists"

Most conservative supporters dont even know what conservatism is but if they are happy to go back to the 1800s then fine. Just remember no public healthcare etc back then.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #7 - Aug 3rd, 2017 at 10:42pm

stryder wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 10:00pm:
Time for a new conservative party to rise out of somewhere, I'm not sure about this Australian liberty alliance party and whether they are worth a chance,

The liberal party has some leftie elements to it with which has turned me off completely from it. it seems it doesn't have any passion or will to represent some libertarian or conservative beliefs and values at all.

The Australian Liberal party has been the least Liberal party in Australia for decades.

They don't have much of a left component at all, They span from middle right to wacky right.

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III

Reply #8 - Aug 4th, 2017 at 8:05pm

Spike4169 wrote on Aug 3rd, 2017 at 10:07pm:
Why ? all a conservative party can do is offer the same old Austerity and failed trickle down economics.
The only hold they have is to offer small business a small tax cut and scare us about terrorists"

Most conservative supporters dont even know what conservatism is but if they are happy to go back to the 1800s then fine. Just remember no public healthcare etc back then.

You're confusing libertarianism with conservatism.

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #9 - Aug 5th, 2017 at 2:57pm

Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Aug 4th, 2017 at 8:05pm:
Spike4169 wrote on Aug 3rd, 2017 at 10:07pm:

You're confusing libertarianism with conservatism.

Culture warrior is full of it!

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Aug 5th, 2017 at 10:53pm

WJV wrote on Sep 2nd, 2016 at 10:30pm:
I think it is best if the two major parties stay in control. The Australian political class are pretty worthless - but at least they have manged to keep our duopoly intact, unlike the worthless European political class with all of these loon European political parties like Golden Dawn, Syriza, National Front and Podemos.

I remember there was some talk of Bernardi heading a new conservative party and I think it is good that it didnt happen. It is bad enough having all of these independents making a mess of things. And people like Palmer and Katter and Xenophon and Hanson trying to start new parties.

What would improve things is if the political class stopped being such bed wetters, and if our media stopped being such trouble makers. Most Australians dont pay much attention at all to politics and there is no need to get so hysterical about everything.

Conservatives should support the Liberal Party and if they want it to be better then work to improve it - but it is a bad idea in my opinion to go away from the two major parties and break up the safe and reliable duopoly that has worked for so long because if it does break down God only knows what we will get but it is a good guess that it will be radicals of one form or another. We dont need radicals in Australian Politics.

Well it may have been good in 'the old days' before 2000.
But now both Parties are just so alike - its 'One' party and ain't Pauline Hanson happy with that, along with the fact that every State is almost the same these days, whereas before - they were distinctly different.

You do realise that if Australia seeks a Republic,
you will indeed get a breakdown of everything and these 'Independents' will be a reflection of various 'Provincials' in Australia (like Riverina, Gippsland, New England, St Vincent, Capricornia, etc) going 'Independent' as separate nations of their own accord.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print