Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Eddie McGuire-What a beat up about nothing! (Read 6579 times)
Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Eddie McGuire-What a beat up about nothing!
Jun 20th, 2016 at 2:30pm

This is the biggest PC beat up I have ever heard!

Collingwood president Eddie McGuire has issued a general apology over his "joke" about drowning The Age's chief football writer Caroline Wilson but has stopped short of saying sorry to the journalist herself.

After Wilson hit back at comments made by McGuire that she believes "crossed the line", McGuire went on air on two Melbourne radio stations to offer an apology.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/eddie-mcguire-says-caroline-wilson-ice-pool-gibe-was-in-the-spirit-of-the-fun-of-the-day-20160619-gpmwfo.html#ixzz4C5gbAOW0
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook
« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2016 at 4:35pm by Redmond Neck »  

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Re: What a beat up about nothing!
Reply #1 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 2:32pm

Redmond Neck wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 2:30pm:

Collingwood president Eddie McGuire has issued a general apology over his "joke" about drowning The Age's chief football writer Caroline Wilson but has stopped short of saying sorry to the journalist herself.

After Wilson hit back at comments made by McGuire that she believes "crossed the line", McGuire went on air on two Melbourne radio stations to offer an apology.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/eddie-mcguire-says-caroline-wilson-ice-pool-gibe-was-in-the-spirit-of-the-fun-of-the-day-20160619-gpmwfo.html#ixzz4C5gbAOW0
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

His comments weren't nice.

He did the right thing when he (eventually) apologized  Roll Eyes

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 2:41pm

Quote:

Sport journalist has a dig at another sport journalist, and the PC sky falls in.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #3 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 3:04pm

Eddie McGuire's disparaging comments about journalist Caroline Wilson should be put in context, and commentary around the issue needs to be more robust, deputy Liberal leader Julie Bishop says.

The Collingwood president and broadcaster has publicly apologised for controversial on-air comments the AFL deemed disparaging and inappropriate, after saying he would pay $50,000 to see Wilson stay under a pool of iced water, before going on to describe Wilson as "like a black widow" spider.

"If we're going to take offence at every silly, offhand remark or attempt at humour, then we're not focusing on the really important issues of the day," Ms Bishop told reporters in Sydney on Monday.

© AAP 2016

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/06/20/14/54/put-mcguire-comments-in-context-bishop#vGiHbOb2BU2FhqUR.99

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #4 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 3:10pm

Nahhh.

They had to nip it in the bud.

And they did.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #5 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 3:12pm

Redmond Neck wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 3:04pm:
Eddie McGuire's disparaging comments about journalist Caroline Wilson should be put in context, and commentary around the issue needs to be more robust, deputy Liberal leader Julie Bishop says.

The Collingwood president and broadcaster has publicly apologised for controversial on-air comments the AFL deemed disparaging and inappropriate, after saying he would pay $50,000 to see Wilson stay under a pool of iced water, before going on to describe Wilson as "like a black widow" spider.

"If we're going to take offence at every silly, offhand remark or attempt at humour, then we're not focusing on the really important issues of the day," Ms Bishop told reporters in Sydney on Monday.

© AAP 2016

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/06/20/14/54/put-mcguire-comments-in-context-bishop#vGiHbOb2BU2FhqUR.99

I wonder why Ch 9 was covering it. The issue isnt really the comments, its more that Eddie once again can't take criticism.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #6 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 3:14pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 3:12pm:

© AAP 2016

I wonder why Ch 9 was covering it. The issue isnt really the comments, its more that Eddie once again can't take criticism.

Oohh Channel 7 covered it too.

(I listen to Sunrise every morning).

Eddie was pathetically trying everything to refrain from apologizing.

He was eventually made to though....by the powers above his swollen ego driven head. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #7 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 3:17pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 3:14pm:

© AAP 2016

He was eventually made to though....by the powers above his swollen ego driven head. Roll Eyes

No I meant why Ch 9 were reporting on Bishop saying its not that bad.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #8 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 3:20pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 3:17pm:

© AAP 2016

No I meant why Ch 9 were reporting on Bishop saying it's not that bad.

Ohh. Well Channel 7 also had a woman come onto the program to say it was all a beat up/not that bad.

Want to guess her name?

Here's a hint :

Her name starts with "P" and ends with "aulineHanson"  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #9 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 3:21pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 3:20pm:

© AAP 2016

Ohh. Well Channel 7 also had a woman come onto the program to say it was all a beat up/not that bad.

Want to guess her name?

Here's a hint :

Theres a shock

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #10 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 3:27pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 3:21pm:

© AAP 2016

Want to guess her name?

Here's a hint :

There's a shock

Yeah. I rolled my eyes when it happened.

I'm sure Hanson would have said something entirely different had it been her and not Caroline Wilson.

Anyway...

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #11 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 3:29pm

Well that means it really was a beat up, being a topic on one of those morning shows!

Particularly the Channel 7 one!

The must have found time in between all the giggling and farting around!

Anyone that watches either of those  shows really is a dope!

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #12 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 3:34pm

Redmond Neck wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 3:29pm:
Well that means it really was a beat up, being a topic on one of those morning shows!

Particularly the Channel 7 one!

The must have found time in between all the giggling and farting around!

Anyone that watches either of those shows really is a dope!

Oi clueless nong....

It was covered in the NEWS SEGMENT of those 2 morning shows.

Now who's the REAL DOPE?

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #13 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 3:34pm

Yes, exclamation marks will make your point correct !

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #14 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 3:37pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 3:34pm:
Yes, exclamation marks will make your point correct !

Yep...even when it's obviously wrong lol  Tongue

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #15 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 3:55pm

And of course Wilson is now milking every column inch she can out of it.

Link.

Quote:
Chief football writer for The Age Caroline Wilson has hit back at Collingwood president Eddie McGuire's "drowning" comments, saying she did not accept "sexist nonsense" was "jokey or banter".
Key points:

McGuire quipped on radio about the prospect of Wilson drowning during fundraiser
    McGuire apologises, palms off comments as "banter"
    AFL chief executive says apology is sufficient
    'I don't accept that it's jokey or banter', Wilson writes

Last Monday, McGuire, North Melbourne president James Brayshaw and former AFL star Danny Frawley, quipped on radio about the prospect of Wilson drowning during the Big Freeze at the MCG — a fundraiser for motor neurone disease.

"I'll put in 10 grand straight away, make it 20. And if she stays under, 50. What do you reckon guys?" McGuire said.

McGuire has since apologised and played down the conversations as "banter".

AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan condemned the comments but said an apology was sufficient and did not outline any punishment.

But Wilson — in her written commentary in The Age — said she did not view the "vile" remarks as "banter".

"It took me back to the old days of The Footy Show when the former host and Collingwood president would line me up in an occasionally vile and foul-mouthed way and enlist his colleagues in a series of sexist gang tackles," she wrote.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #16 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 4:02pm

It must be a big deal Aussie it was on Koshie and the silly tits Sunrise Show!

Just ask the Old Fat Greek with all the degrees From Hurstville.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #17 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 4:06pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 3:27pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 3:21pm:

© AAP 2016

Want to guess her name?

Here's a hint :

There's a shock

Yeah. I rolled my eyes when it happened.

I'm sure Hanson would have said something entirely different had it been her and not Caroline Wilson.

Anyway...

Let's hope Eddie learns from his mistake.

And of course, those fools who laughed along with him at the time.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #18 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 4:09pm

Redmond Neck wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 4:02pm:

I would not ask the or any Old Fat Greek from Hurstville if it was daylight.

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Eddie McGuire-What a beat up about nothing!
Reply #19 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 9:26pm

I don't think people see the bigger issue...

this has been simmering for years and years..

Caroline I the best AFL sports reporter in Aust

why?

because she doesn't sugarcoat anything...

she calls a spade a spade... a cheat a cheat etc and that rubs the "good ole boys" up the wrong way...

while others cover up or try and make light of bad disgusting behaviour from players Caroline calls it as it is 100%

its a fricken joke how these men pander to these players...

she has been putting up with male chauvinistic, misogynistic abuse for years..

and its bugger*** time it stopped...   Angry

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #20 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 9:28pm

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 9:26pm:

why?

she calls a spade a spade... a cheat a cheat etc and that rubs the "good ole boys" up the wrong way...

while others cover up or try and make light of bad disgusting behaviour from players Caroline calls it as it is 100%

And that for me is it. She pisses off sportspeople becausde she doesnt pander to them

IP Logged

innocentbystander.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 10:15pm

The funny thing is this happened a week ago and they have been sitting on the story ever since, waiting for a slow news day where no muslims go on a kill crazy rampage so they can release it, eddy was thinking f#ck yeah when the gay massacre went down thinking that the media jackals and hyenas had forgotten all about him ... but they never forget  Grin

IP Logged

GordyL
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Hate Town
Reply #22 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 10:40pm

innocentbystander. wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 10:15pm:
The funny thing is this happened a week ago and they have been sitting on the story ever since, waiting for a slow news day where no muslims go on a kill crazy rampage so they can release it, eddy was thinking f#ck yeah when the gay massacre went down thinking that the media jackals and hyenas had forgotten all about him ... but they never forget  Grin

Yup. Eddie is a knob but this story is nothing

On the Ning Nang Nong
Where the Cows go Bong!
and the monkeys all say BOO!
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #23 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 10:53pm

Did he offer to throw in a chaff bag?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #24 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 11:34pm

I remember my last job -

the bosses went on a Political Correctness campaign.
It was ridiculous as every comment you made went straight back to the managing director from company dobbers.

Still - Eddie stepped way over the line & would have been sacked in that place I used to work in.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 8:41am

oh dear..... Angry Angry

so its not only media identities that keep the personal abuse alive and well...we have our own share..
'
no wonder you approve of Eddie.. Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 8:46am

Bobby. wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 11:34pm:
I remember my last job -

the bosses went on a Political Correctness campaign.
It was ridiculous as every comment you made went straight back to the managing director from company dobbers.

Still - Eddie stepped way over the line & would have been sacked in that place I used to work in.

has he said anything close to that to a male Journos do you know bobs??...his abusive comments are mostly directed at females...

he looks to me like he is always tanked up...I am hoping Holden take their money.........ooops... what money is that??.. how come they can sponsor  Collingwood for $3 mill per year?>..

werent we subsidising them.. Sad

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 9:05am

Talk about a media beat up.... Does anyone seriously think that these men were really planning to drown this journalist? Only in the minds of the SJWs is this a threat. What these retards fail to realise is that by carrying on about this rubbish they are trivisalising real violence against women, but they are too ridiculously self righteous to realise it.  Roll Eyes

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #28 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 9:23am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 9:28pm:
President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 9:26pm:

why?

And that for me is it. She pisses off sportspeople because she doesn't pander to them

Good on her I say!

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #29 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 9:23am

cods wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 8:41am:

oh dear..... Angry Angry

so its not only media identities that keep the personal abuse alive and well...we have our own share..

no wonder you approve of Eddie.. Angry Angry Angry

Ignore the multi troll Cods.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #30 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 10:01am

It's sexist in the extreme about a nothing comment.

Had a man said it about another man, everyone would have laughed.
Had a woman said it about a man, every woman and the softcocks would have said 'You go Girl'.

A man says it about a woman, and we are all meant to cry and buy her flowers.

Well, she can get lost

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #31 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 10:07am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 10:01am:

Had a woman said it about a man, every woman and the softcocks would have said 'You go Girl'.

Well, she can get lost

You would not be posting these words if the woman in question was your sister or daughter.

No....Eddie made a mistake and he himself knows it.

Oh boy, does he now know it.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 10:20am

Eddie is SUCH a beta male.Same goes for Brashaw.
has a little childish dig at Caro, who then mans up and puts the little beta male bit*ches in their place .

Thank God Sam Newman is on that show as he  is on his grind, putting out god masculine energy and never apologises.

An alpha male DOES NOT APOLOGISE and an alpha male DOES NOT BEHAVE LIKE A TITTERING SCHOOLGIRL having a little giggle at a little "in- crowd" joke.

As for Wilson,  she is a woman who gives off low vibration, negative whiney energy.
maybe thats why low vibration, mediocre, whiney beta males like McGuire are drawn into the need to interact with her.

She would not even register in the mind of an alpha male. She would have no significance as she has no feminine energy. maybe thats why she got into the footy in the first place.

Do yourself a favour Caro, get to the gym, eat healthy food, learn how to be a very feminine lady , learn how to dress, learn about style, learn about sexuality, read 50 shades of grey, buy a rabbit and reinvent yourself .

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #33 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 10:22am

aquascoot wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 10:20am:
has a little childish dig at Caro, who then mans up and puts the little beta male bit*ches in their place .

Thank God Sam Newman is on that show as he  is on his grind, putting out god masculine energy and never apologises.

An alpha male DOES NOT APOLOGISE and an alpha male DOES NOT BEHAVE LIKE A TITTERING SCHOOLGIRL having a little giggle at a little "in- crowd" joke.

As for Wilson,  she is a woman who gives off low vibration, negative whiney energy.
maybe thats why low vibration, mediocre, whiney beta males like McGuire are drawn into the need to interact with her.

She would not even register in the mind of an alpha male. She would have no significance as she has no feminine energy. maybe thats why she got into the footy in the first place.

Do yourself a favour Caro, get to the gym, eat healthy food, learn how to be a very feminine lady , learn how to dress, learn about style, learn about sexuality, read 50 shades of grey, buy a rabbit and reinvent yourself .

Oh now that's just PURE HORSE $HIT!!

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 10:33am

Belgarion wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 9:05am:
Talk about a media beat up.... Does anyone seriously think that these men were really planning to drown this journalist? Only in the minds of the SJWs is this a threat. What these retards fail to realise is that by carrying on about this rubbish they are trivisalising real violence against women, but they are too ridiculously self righteous to realise it.  Roll Eyes

ahhhhhh so domestic violence isnt violence as long as someone doesnt really mean it???....

you see this is where violence starts..

thats right

intimidation...

and Eddie thinks he can make people do and say what he wants.. by.....

intimidation...

dont you think as a media person he should know better????? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

thats for you to decide of course..

but if you think putting down people who do disagree with what he has said..is the way to go...and to call them retards does your case any good..

have you got a long way to go. Angry

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 10:33am

Lisa Jones wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 10:22am:

Sam Newman has excellent game.
women would be queued up outside his house i imagine.

Come valentines day, the post man would have to do 3 trips to Sams house.

i would think all Caro will get is an electricity bill  Wink

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 10:35am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 10:01am:

Well, she can get lost

can we guess thats how you speak to the women folk in your life??????????????/

or is it just  ok because you are not related to Caroline Angry Angry

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 10:37am

That's an insult to horse sh1t.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #38 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 10:41am

Christ almighty, you talk some shite

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 10:55am

I am trying to help Caroline reach her potential as a woman.
Women ARE welcome in football.
One look at the cheerleaders for an American football team shows how they are of huge benefit to the league.
Surely , the AFL, with income approaching 1 billion dollars can pay for Caro to get her hair done and get some decent make - up

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 10:55am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 10:41am:

Astonishing, isn't it?

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 11:07am

mothra wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 10:55am:

Astonishing, isn't it?

really?... I expect nothing else from aqua.... Cheesy Cheesy

two things going for him

1/   I dont live with him.... yippee.

2/   no one else on the forum comes close to thinking like him...yippee 2.

he is so condescending  I want to land one on  him..

its ok aqua I know ladies dont do that.. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 11:12am

Astonishing, isn't it?

talking "shite" is what sensible people do to "raise the vibration"
If you have had a tough week at work "grinding it out" there is nothing better then to get together with a few other "positive peers" and just talk "shite"
It is very therapeutic.

Whiney cry babies tend to get left out of this "high energy , very therapeutic and hilarious vibration".

Whiney cry babies tend to look at quality people who are just "vibing" and they get all angry about it, usually because it is the "cool' people who are vibing and the angry lower consciousness leftard sulky people who are left out.

So whilst i am vibing with the cool people and talking shite and having a blast, the haters can watch Q and A and try to pump their state by feeling all superior to me.

But deep down every nerdy kevin Rudd, every hand wringing Sarah Hansen Young  really wishes they were in the cool group.  They are welcome to come join us and have a whoop a*ss time but they will have to check their toxic negativity at the door.

Cool people have a strong "loving fence" .
They bring the party .
You cant come in if youre mediocre  Wink Wink

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 11:18am

aquascoot wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 11:12am:

Astonishing, isn't it?

If you have had a tough week at work "grinding it out" there is nothing better then to get together with a few other "positive peers" and just talk "shite"
It is very therapeutic.

Whiney cry babies tend to get left out of this "high energy , very therapeutic and hilarious vibration".

Whiney cry babies tend to look at quality people who are just "vibing" and they get all angry about it, usually because it is the "cool' people who are vibing and the angry lower consciousness leftard sulky people who are left out.

So whilst i am vibing with the cool people and talking shite and having a blast, the haters can watch Q and A and try to pump their state by feeling all superior to me.

But deep down every nerdy kevin Rudd, every hand wringing Sarah Hansen Young  really wishes they were in the cool group.  They are welcome to come join us and have a whoop a*ss time but they will have to check their toxic negativity at the door.

They bring the party .

Just ... wow.   Shocked

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 11:27am

mothra wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 11:18am:

Astonishing, isn't it?

It is very therapeutic.

They bring the party .

Just ... wow.   Shocked

Ah , youre trying to "putz shame me " and get a response like Eddie gave out.

Putz shaming is a very common ploy from women to try to get men to "supplicate" and run off with their tail between their legs.

It is just another type of power play and very effective on beta males.

Just wow, followed by a roll of the eyes, will be a tactic employed on australias beaten down mediocre men, in millions of households on a daily basis.

It is used because it works on beaten down beta males.

I use putz shaming as yet another opportunity to sink deeper roots of masculine energy.
I remain icey to it and it strengthens my core sense of "being"  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #45 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 11:30am

Im not trying to do anything of the sort.

Why would I need to? You're doing such a good job of it all by yourself.    Grin

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 11:33am

aquascoot wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 11:27am:

Astonishing, isn't it?

It is very therapeutic.

They bring the party .

Just ... wow.   Shocked

Putz shaming is a very common ploy from women to try to get men to "supplicate" and run off with their tail between their legs.

Just wow, followed by a roll of the eyes, will be a tactic employed on australias beaten down mediocre men, in millions of households on a daily basis.

I use putz shaming as yet another opportunity to sink deeper roots of masculine energy.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #47 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 11:34am

The weird thing is though aqua to me doesnt fit the alpha male mould really.

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #48 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 11:39am

McGuire is an arrogant, obnoxious piece of dung. He's an opinionated bully who should be brought down.

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 11:41am

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 11:33am:
aquascoot wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 11:27am:

Astonishing, isn't it?

It is very therapeutic.

They bring the party .

Just ... wow.   Shocked

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/a/(KGrHqZ,!h!E6ZZ59PJ-BOsWbOe)sw~~/s-l300.jpg

you see , if you dont understand ego, consciousness, masculine energy and feminine energy, then you cant really contribute to a meaningful discussion and you have to resort to just getting a bit angry and posting another silly slogan (yawn).

but i have done the brutal work of understanding and trying to apply this stuff and it does work.

Heres the thing.

Gweg, you could read David Daeda's "path of the superior man" a very very challenging book and a best seller.  This would require your "core being" to grow and it would require you to change.

The ego can grow in a good way (as above) or it can grow by just a temporary dirty little high by posting yet another silly pic (yawn) and convincing itself that it is right because the "work" to study "other" is just too hard.

Do the work.

Dont be lazy.

Grind it out

Be a man Wink

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 11:46am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 11:34am:

In my experience, men who think they're alphas seldom do.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 11:51am

aquascoot wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 11:41am:
you see , if you dont understand ego, consciousness, masculine energy and feminine energy, then you cant really contribute to a meaningful discussion and you have to resort to just getting a bit angry and posting another silly slogan (yawn).

I'm far from angry, aqua.

I'm laughing my arse off at you.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #52 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 12:10pm

mothra wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 11:46am:

In my experience, men who think they're alphas seldom do.

Sounds like a whiney little bookish nerd to me!

Sort of like the closet gay who is always trying to prove he isnt gay by criticising gays

Talks the talk but cant walk the walk is usually the case with Aqua types.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 12:29pm

Gweg, you could read David Daeda's "path of the superior man" a very very challenging book and a best seller.

You mean David Deida's, The Way of the Superior Man: A Spiritual Guide to Mastering the Challenges of Women Work and Sexual Desire?

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #54 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 1:29pm

Astonishing, isn't it?

It is very therapeutic.

They bring the party .

Just ... wow.   Shocked

spoken like a true spoilt tweenager

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 2:02pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 12:29pm:
Gweg, you could read David Daeda's "path of the superior man" a very very challenging book and a best seller.

You mean David Deida's, The Way of the Superior Man: A Spiritual Guide to Mastering the Challenges of Women Work and Sexual Desire?

it covers those topics.
most men nowadays just look beaten down by life to me.
i walk down the street and they dont smile, they dont seem to have any passion, they dont seem to have any direction, their dreams seem to have been shattered and they appear to have almost "given up" on life.

if there are a few areas , men in particular need help with it is

reigniting the passion and getting a life purpose.
getting into a job where they wake up eager to get to work and contribute
learning how to have deep intimate relationships with women (getting in touch with their sexuality).
Getting a sense of the sacred and the spiritual .

Group think and the "mob" just arent going to help them.
Group think and the mob are very happy to see men in boring jobs they hate, watching mind numbing television, being totally clueless about women, numbing themselves with alcohol and "coping" not "thriving".

I'm passionate about selling them a better vision for what their life can be but the ego (as i keep saying) is more then happy to live in inertia and feeds just as well off negativity as positive reference frames.

Still, leftards want to make the place a utopia ( i feel they are heading in the wrong direction) and i think rightards should try to make the world better.
You dont have to read Daeda's book .

to use a horse analogy...you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink.....

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 2:06pm

aquascoot wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 2:02pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 12:29pm:

it covers those topics.
most men nowadays just look beaten down by life to me.
i walk down the street and they dont smile, they dont seem to have any passion, they dont seem to have any direction, their dreams seem to have been shattered and they appear to have almost "given up" on life.

if there are a few areas , men in particular need help with it is

reigniting the passion and getting a life purpose.
getting into a job where they wake up eager to get to work and contribute
learning how to have deep intimate relationships with women (getting in touch with their sexuality).
Getting a sense of the sacred and the spiritual .

Group think and the "mob" just arent going to help them.
Group think and the mob are very happy to see men in boring jobs they hate, watching mind numbing television, being totally clueless about women, numbing themselves with alcohol and "coping" not "thriving".

I'm passionate about selling them a better vision for what their life can be but the ego (as i keep saying) is more then happy to live in inertia and feeds just as well off negativity as positive reference frames.

Still, leftards want to make the place a utopia ( i feel they are heading in the wrong direction) and i think rightards should try to make the world better.
You dont have to read Daeda's book .

to use a horse analogy...you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink.....

I'm guessing you haven't read it either, considering you've called him Daeda twice.

David Deida's, The Way of the Superior Man: A Spiritual Guide to Mastering the Challenges of Women Work and Sexual Desire.

Wink

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #57 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 2:18pm

The fact is, a group of males, were making stupid derogatory remarks against one female, in public. She wasn't even present to say anything back at them, not present to even have a joke 'with' her, but in her absence, it is aimed 'at' her. So she has every  right to respond.
I was not impressed with Eddie, I have been a Collingwood supporter forever, but that does not mean I will support Eddie if he takes too many liberties because of his 'respectable position'.
If he, and the lads want to talk crap about a female, why so public, and not just among themselves in private? This may be a media beat up, I don't care what it's called, what is revealed, is the mentality, or group mentality, and what I once read of group mentality was, the IQ lowers to the number in that group!
« Last Edit: Jun 21st, 2016 at 2:23pm by Sophia »  

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #58 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 2:21pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 10:37am:

That's an insult to horse sh1t.

Isn't it just lol  Tongue

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #59 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 2:24pm

Sophia wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 2:18pm:
The fact is, a group of males, were making stupid derogatory remarks against one female, in public.
I was not impressed with Eddie, I have been a Collingwood supporter forever, but that does not mean I will support Eddie if he takes too many liberties because of his 'respectable position'.
If he, and the lads want to talk crap about a female, why so public, and not just among themselves in private? This may be a media beat up, I don't care what it's called, what is revealed, is the mentality, or group mentality, and what I once read of group mentality was, the IQ lowers to the number in that group!

Now that's DEFINITELY NOT horse $hit!

Smiley

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #60 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 2:26pm

Fuzzball wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 11:39am:
McGuire is an arrogant, obnoxious piece of dung. He's an opinionated bully who should be brought down.

Where's that damn "thumbs up" icon?

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #61 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 2:31pm

aquascoot wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 10:55am:
I am trying to help Caroline reach her potential as a woman.

You don't know the woman and she doesn't know you.

Just focus on helping yourself Aqua.

Caroline is clearly doing quite well without your help.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #62 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 2:31pm

I found this one for you Lisa Jones.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #63 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 2:38pm

Talking "shite" is what sensible people do to "raise the vibration".

If you have had a tough week at work "grinding it out" there is nothing better then to get together with a few other "positive peers" and just talk "shite".

It is very therapeutic.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #64 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 2:46pm

You're right.

He fits mould though. Just mould.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #65 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 3:02pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 2:26pm:
Fuzzball wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 11:39am:

Where's that damn "thumbs up" icon?

x2 or is that 3

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #66 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 6:27pm

I thought, after tonight's news, with the PM and Holden getting involved, it's going too far.
The situation has been dealt with, the apologies made, so why can't it just be done with and left at that?
This is about Eddie, not the football club, so if Holden have thought of pulling out of sponsorship with Collingwood, then it's taken a whole lot of others into something that had nowt to do with the situation.

Leave it for what it was, isolate it for what it was, and deal with the person, not the whole club.(Not like they did some gang bang with an underage or anything like that).

I thought we in Australia, could get over it, lesson learnt, and move on.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 6:40pm

I can't stop looking at that little girl giving the bird to somebody who ignored her. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #68 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 10:34am

Sophia wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 6:27pm:

I thought it was Eddie who had to learn the lesson.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #69 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 12:18pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 22nd, 2016 at 10:34am:

I thought it was Eddie who had to learn the lesson.

Yes, and by example.

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 1:36pm

At first I thought it was an over reaction, even tho I cant stand Eddie the Drongo.

Then I had a think about it, Edie should be allowed to have those thoughts and say those things amongst his friends, probably like all the rest of us do.

Then I thought he has the privilege of being on radio and TV and that's the part that's unacceptable.

He has a history of doing it, he should have a rest from being in the media, about 10 years

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #71 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 1:39pm

miketrees wrote on Jun 22nd, 2016 at 1:36pm:
At first I thought it was an over reaction, even tho I cant stand Eddie the Drongo.

Then I had a think about it, Edie should be allowed to have those thoughts and say those things amongst his friends, probably like all the rest of us do.

Then I thought he has the privilege of being on radio and TV and that's the part that's unacceptable.

He has a history of doing it, he should have a rest from being in the media, about 10 years

And its the second part thats the key issue. If it was 3 mates sitting round a BBQ, no real problem. ON radio and TV, big problem.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 4:37pm

I thought, after tonight's news, with the PM and Holden getting involved, it's going too far.
The situation has been dealt with, the apologies made, so why can't it just be done with and left at that?
This is about Eddie, not the football club, so if Holden have thought of pulling out of sponsorship with Collingwood, then it's taken a whole lot of others into something that had nowt to do with the situation.

Leave it for what it was, isolate it for what it was, and deal with the person, not the whole club.(Not like they did some gang bang with an underage or anything like that).

this is by chance a well known Australian Identity  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

yes maybe only well known in OZ but the fact is he said it about a hard working female who goes about her job regardless of how this National Icon feels about her....

I wonder would he say that about a male football journo who would challenge him down in the local boozer......where by the look of Eddie he spends far too much time.... Angry Angry Angry..

this is the trouble with our BIG brave Eddie..

so far its only females he manages to be utterly rude about...and then never too their faces..

lets see him apologise in person???????

now thats what he should have done.. Angry Angry Angry

I would at least have given him a C for courage.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #73 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 4:41pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 22nd, 2016 at 1:39pm:
miketrees wrote on Jun 22nd, 2016 at 1:36pm:

And its the second part thats the key issue. If it was 3 mates sitting round a BBQ, no real problem. ON radio and TV, big problem.

You're 100% correct!

I just think it's sad when the bleeding obvious has to be pointed out to people around here.

Then again, it is OzPol....ie full of nongs and nutters. Shocked

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 4:51pm

cods wrote on Jun 22nd, 2016 at 4:37pm:

yes maybe only well known in OZ but the fact is he said it about a hard working female who goes about her job regardless of how this National Icon feels about her....

I wonder would he say that about a male football journo who would challenge him down in the local boozer......where by the look of Eddie he spends far too much time.... Angry Angry Angry..

so far its only females he manages to be utterly rude about...and then never too their faces..

umm  not wishing to be rude but if you WATCHED the footy show, i'd think you'd see that teasing each other, sometimes relentlessly , is how men 'vibe".
if they didnt include Caro, they would have been showing she wasnt one of the "in" group.

People , who have social intelligence, know you dont need to get all butt hurt when someone has a joke about you.

Mind you, i still think Eddie is a tosser for apologising.
As for the numpties who think this was media personalities advocating violence.

Gee, you really are attached to your "fake moral outrage".
you need it to bust thru your Durrrr state.
get a hobby

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #75 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 4:53pm

Oh boy....

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #76 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 4:55pm

aquascoot wrote on Jun 22nd, 2016 at 4:51pm:
cods wrote on Jun 22nd, 2016 at 4:37pm:

umm  not wishing to be rude but if you WATCHED the footy show, i'd think you'd see that teasing each other, sometimes relentlessly , is how men 'vibe".
if they didnt include Caro, they would have been showing she wasnt one of the "in" group.

People , who have social intelligence, know you dont need to get all butt hurt when someone has a joke about you.

Mind you, i still think Eddie is a tosser for apologising.
As for the numpties who think this was media personalities advocating violence.

get a hobby

We totally agree on something aqua!

Much ado about nothing!

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #77 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 5:04pm

if they watched the footy show and saw the antics that were used on Jason Dunstall or Sean Crawford.

Those guys  would tease the daylights out of other MEN.

so, if Caroline is to be treated equally, she doesnt need to be put on a pedestal as some sort of princess.

If she wants equality, she should be ringing channel 9 demanding they mention her in their banter and include her in the shinnanigans.

The audience of the footy show is somewhat different to the audience of Q and A. (thank gawd)

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #78 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 5:16pm

Burp

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #79 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 5:48pm

aquascoot wrote on Jun 22nd, 2016 at 5:04pm:
if they watched the footy show and saw the antics that were used on Jason Dunstall or Sean Crawford.

Those guys  would tease the daylights out of other MEN.

so, if Caroline is to be treated equally, she doesnt need to be put on a pedestal as some sort of princess.

If she wants equality, she should be ringing channel 9 demanding they mention her in their banter and include her in the shinnanigans.

The audience of the footy show is somewhat different to the audience of Q and A. (thank gawd)

WAS SHE ON THE SHOW FACE TO FACE WITH HIM...

I DIDNT KNOW THAT?....

look hes a blokes bloke we gals understand that....

hes fat and bleary eyed looks like he is permanently hung over....thinks hes king pin and a lot of people gush all over him

no one denies that..but its not long since he insulted Adam Goodes.... for no good reason... just because he could.....hes a rude man/..

but now I know she was on his show I will have to accept that he does at least have ONE ball.

IP Logged

innocentbystander.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #80 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 6:09pm

The Scots named a dish after Caroline ... its called Haggis

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #81 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 6:15pm

The last word on this non-event should go to Sky News journalist Paul Murray. https://www.facebook.com/SkyNewsAustralia/videos/10153682627501728/

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #82 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 6:15pm

innocentbystander. wrote on Jun 22nd, 2016 at 6:09pm:

and a dish after eddie....called cullen skink.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #83 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 6:35pm

This proves one thing, women want to be treated equally but men now know different.

If this jest was directed at a male it would have been water of a duck back imo.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #84 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 7:11pm

Eddie is so upset he can't do this Thursday nights footy game on the wireless..  Grin

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #85 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 7:18pm

aquascoot wrote on Jun 22nd, 2016 at 4:51pm:
get a hobby

why aren't these same people ripping into Eddie's/Collingwoods Major sponsor Emirates??

Quote:
Emirates is one of Collingwood’s four chief sponsors and has also been the marquee sponsor of the Melbourne Cup.

Emirates is fully owned by the government of Dubai, which has extraordinary laws against not just gays but women who are the victim of rape.

For instance, it jails gays for having sex and even has the death penalty for sodomy on its books. Three years ago, a Belgian man was sentenced to a year in prison for having had a gay relationship with a Filipino.

Even more extraordinary is that Dubai jails women who have been raped, on the grounds that they had sex outside marriage — forbidden under sharia law.

Under that law, Dubai has jailed not just raped maids of no consequence to Western journalists, but also Western women — even an Australian, Alicia Gali.

Gali reported being raped by co-workers at the Meridien Al Aqah resort but was herself jailed for eight months for having sex outside marriage.

Three years ago a Norwegian woman who complained to Dubai police of being raped was sentenced to 16 months in jail.

Isn’t that rank sexism and blaming of rape victims — not to mention homophobia — far more serious than any McGuire “joke”?

So why has the outrage brigade attacked the Collingwood president and not the Collingwood sponsor? Why is Emirates off limits?

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

innocentbystander.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #86 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 7:33pm

cods wrote on Jun 22nd, 2016 at 6:15pm:

and a dish after eddie....called cullen skink.

Och ya nay no wat ye talkin about, ye should be drownded

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #87 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 8:24pm

Belgarion wrote on Jun 22nd, 2016 at 6:15pm:
The last word on this non-event should go to Sky News journalist Paul Murray. https://www.facebook.com/SkyNewsAustralia/videos/10153682627501728/

Wink Wink  Belgarion.
theres far too much common sense in there for your average addict of "fake moral outrage"

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #88 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 9:39am

Belgarion wrote on Jun 22nd, 2016 at 6:15pm:

The last word on anything should never go  to Paul Murray

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #89 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 9:57am

The Brits named one after you: toad in the hole.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #90 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 10:24am

Re the last say...

Or Sam Newman.

That fool's latest comments are making things worse FOR Eddie.
« Last Edit: Jun 23rd, 2016 at 10:29am by Lisa Jones »  

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #91 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 10:28am

Was good to see Sam ganging up though

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #92 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 10:31am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 10:28am:

Oh I'm glad YOU enjoyed it.

I thought he was pathetic.

And as I said...he was only making things worse for Eddie.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #93 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 10:31am

Ajax wrote on Jun 22nd, 2016 at 6:35pm:
This proves one thing, women want to be treated equally but men now know different.

If this jest was directed at a male it would have been water of a duck back imo.

show us a comment by Eddie where he said he would PAY $50.000 to watch a male journo held under water???

come on just show us??.. Eddie is well known for women bashing....hes a big fat bloated pig..

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #94 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 10:31am

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 9:57am:

Oh come on!

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #95 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 10:34am

Lisa Jones wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 10:31am:

I was being sarcastic FFS. Sams had antipathy to Wilson for years, hes the one who put her head on a mannequin in lingerie

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #96 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 10:34am

Oh come on!

Spotted dick?    Undecided

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #97 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 10:35am

cods wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 10:31am:

show us a comment by Eddie where he said he would PAY $50.000 to watch a male journo held under water???

come on just show us??.. Eddie is well known for women bashing....hes a big fat bloated pig..

If she was a bloke he would have called Eddies bluff!

"Put up $40000 Eddie for the charity and you can dunk me as many times as you like"

No she would rather sook about it!

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #98 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 10:37am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 10:34am:

I was being sarcastic FFS. Sams had antipathy to Wilson for years, hes the one who put her head on a mannequin in lingerie

Yeah, I only realized that :

AFTER I pressed the enter key AND I couldn't retrieve my post to modify it.

Ok? 

Smiley

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #99 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 10:39am

Redmond Neck wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 10:35am:

"Put up $40000 Eddie for the charity and you can dunk me as many times as you like"

really... so if it was your wife he referred to thats what you would do..

we get it we really do..

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #100 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 10:39am

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 10:34am:

Oh come on!

Ok...what the hell is a spotted dick?

There's no way that's the name for a Scottish recipe.

You're just being very naughty!

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #101 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 10:42am

btw red.... you know of a case where Eddie has said something equally as gross about a bloke????>..

he did make a smartarse comment about Adam Goodes for which he was roundly condemned...

I have yet to see him make these... 'acceptable' comments to people faces...

the usual sign of a bullying coward..

and dont forget he never "apologises" in person either..

another BIG sign of a coward..

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #102 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 11:14am

cods wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 10:39am:

we get it we really do..

My wife would have seen it for what it was a joke!

Not got her nickers in a knot like some!

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #103 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 11:17am

cods wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 10:42am:
btw red.... you know of a case where Eddie has said something equally as gross about a bloke????>..

he did make a smartarse comment about Adam Goodes for which he was roundly condemned...

I have yet to see him make these... 'acceptable' comments to people faces...

the usual sign of a bullying coward..

and dont forget he never "apologises" in person either..

another BIG sign of a coward..

What did he say about Goodes?

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #104 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 11:42am

Lisa Jones wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 10:39am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 10:34am:

Oh come on!

Ok...what the hell is a spotted dick?

There's no way that's the name for a Scottish recipe.

You're just being very naughty!

Ah....my apologies Greg.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spotted_dick

It seems it IS a dish.  Shocked

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #105 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 12:34pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 11:42am:
It seems it IS a dish.

Or is it an STD?

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #106 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 12:35pm

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #107 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 3:03pm

Much ado about nothing..William Shakespeare

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #108 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 5:46pm

Redmond Neck wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 11:14am:
cods wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 10:39am:

we get it we really do..

My wife would have seen it for what it was a joke!

Not got her nickers in a knot like some!

really????.. so she wouldnt tie that kind of bullying in with domestic violence....

ok... btw one of the women mentioned that abuse and or bullying.. usually starts with the verbal... Angry Angry Angry

ots how it begins....SHUT UP....becomes BELT UP....becomes thump thump..

but thats ok red.. you and your wife sound really easy going..we will have to remember that...

what about daughters do you have any of those???....I would be interested if they would laugh it off as well..

so far any female I have talked about it too.. havent been amused at all.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #109 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 5:56pm

cods wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 5:46pm:
really????.. so she wouldnt tie that kind of bullying in with domestic violence....

ok... btw one of the women mentioned that abuse and or bullying.. usually starts with the verbal... Angry Angry Angry

but thats ok red.. you and your wife sound really easy going..we will have to remember that...

what about daughters do you have any of those???....I would be interested if they would laugh it off as well..

He said it in jest, even Caroline's own commentary team said the same thing in jest and they laughed about it.

It wasn't till the politically correct activists (PCA) got a hold of it that it became an issue.

If Wilson was upset by it why did she wait till the PCA said something.

Its like Red says if it was a bloke he would have called the bluff so some money can get donated to some cause.

It's very clear that women want to be treated equally only when it suits them.

You want to be treated equally, grow a thick skin cause in the male world that's how it goes........ Roll Eyes

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #110 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 5:56pm

V host Eddie McGuire has landed himself in hot water for inappropriate comments once again – this time during a charity fundraiser in iced water.

The Collingwood president says his comments that he’d pay $50,000 to see Fairfax Media’s chief football writer, Caroline Wilson, held under water, and then “charge $10,000 for everyone to stand around the outside and bomb her”, were a joke.

McGuire said Wilson was “like the black widow. She just sucks you in and gets you”. His comments were made on radio station Triple M last Monday, just before the AFL’s “White Ribbon” round, campaigning against violence against women. Collingwood was granted one of just eight franchises for the national women’s league a few days later.

I can only guess...you guys would dearly love to see your own wives treated with that kind of respect....

it sounds like you would just keep on drinking and saying cheers to that...

Eddie will be laughing all the way to the pub ...again!

yeah muchado about nothing alright..

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #111 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 5:58pm

cods wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 5:56pm:
V host Eddie McGuire has landed himself in hot water for inappropriate comments once again – this time during a charity fundraiser in iced water.

The Collingwood president says his comments that he’d pay $50,000 to see Fairfax Media’s chief football writer, Caroline Wilson, held under water, and then “charge $10,000 for everyone to stand around the outside and bomb her”, were a joke.

McGuire said Wilson was “like the black widow. She just sucks you in and gets you”. His comments were made on radio station Triple M last Monday, just before the AFL’s “White Ribbon” round, campaigning against violence against women. Collingwood was granted one of just eight franchises for the national women’s league a few days later.

I can only guess...you guys would dearly love to see your own wives treated with that kind of respect....

yeah muchado about nothing alright..

Oh please it was a joke, like I said if it was directed at a man it would have been water of a ducks back.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #112 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 6:02pm

yeah much ado about nothing alright..

1 : Eddie stated something stupid.

2 : Eddie (eventually) apologized.

3 : Time to move on.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #113 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 6:03pm

Ajax wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 5:56pm:
cods wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 5:46pm:

He said it in jest, even Caroline's own commentary team said the same thing in jest and they laughed about it.

It wasn't till the politically correct activists (PCA) got a hold of it that it became an issue.

If Wilson was upset by it why did she wait till the PCA said something.

Its like Red says if it was a bloke he would have called the bluff so some money can get donated to some cause.

It's very clear that women want to be treated equally only when it suits them.

You want to be treated equally, grow a thick skin cause in the male world that's how it goes........ Roll Eyes

I will be perfectly frank I havent seen a word that she has said???..

perhaps you have a link..

what is all this  being treated "equal" about.. I have yet to see where Eddie has said anything EQUAL at all about a bloke..

is he afraid they would =meet him in  a dark ally or is he the usual coward who hides behind some form of POWER drug his ego...

tell me this ajax...

when did he invite this lady to his home and in front of his wife apologise????>..

or maybe onto his TV show

and if Caroline has a husband he can come on and tell Eddie what he would like to do to HIS wife..

all in good fun of course...

as you would have seen Sam Newman come along LOUD and clear in his support of Eddie...

and everyone knows that had this woman complained she would have been a target for ever more.. because its how these nasty little boys get their kicks.. Angry Angry

they have a huge following.. and they are all boofheads.I am sure you would love your daughter to go out with Sam..

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #114 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 6:05pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 6:02pm:

you move on.... there are other threads for you to get into....

thjis as far as I am concerned is about a bully using his power to bully another female.. hes good at it.. thne pigs usually are.

if something as bad as this ever happens to your daughter.. lets hope you can" move on"

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #115 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 6:11pm

cods wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 6:03pm:

what is all this  being treated "equal" about.. I have yet to see where Eddie has said anything EQUAL at all about a bloke..

is he afraid they would =meet him in  a dark ally or is he the usual coward who hides behind some form of POWER drug his ego...

tell me this ajax...

when did he invite this lady to his home and in front of his wife apologise????>..

and if Caroline has a husband he can come on and tell Eddie what he would like to do to HIS wife..

as you would have seen Sam Newman come along LOUD and clear in his support of Eddie...

and everyone knows that had this woman complained she would have been a target for ever more.. because its how these nasty little boys get their kicks.. Angry Angry

they have a huge following.. and they are all boofheads.I am sure you would love your daughter to go out with Sam..

I think its time to bring back "MEN ONLY CLUBS" so we can throw sh!t at each other without the fear of a political correct female hassling us.

You wanted entry now you got it, stop complaining and start recognising things for what they are.

It was a joke nothing more, Wilson should have stepped up to the plate and said to Eddie lets see who can hold their breath the longest under the ice.

If Eddie loses he has to donate $50000 to a charity of Wilson's choice.

That's how a man would have handled it.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #116 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 6:21pm

cods wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 6:05pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 6:02pm:

you move on.... there are other threads for you to get into....

thjis as far as I am concerned is about a bully using his power to bully another female.. hes good at it.. thne pigs usually are.

if something as bad as this ever happens to your daughter.. lets hope you can" move on"

We really need more icons on OzPol.

Grin Grin

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #117 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 6:23pm

Ajax wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 6:11pm:

tell me this ajax...

I think its time to bring back "MEN ONLY CLUBS" so we can throw sh!t at each other without the fear of a political correct female hassling us.

You wanted entry now you got it, stop complaining and start recognising things for what they are.

It was a joke nothing more, Wilson should have stepped up to the plate and said to Eddie lets see who can hold their breath the longest under the ice.

You remind me of that bloody fool Sam Newman.

You do know what he said about all this today?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #118 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 7:07pm

Ajax wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 6:11pm:

tell me this ajax...

well I know you are blowing air.. as you didnt answer one question... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

why am I not surprised..

because there arent any..

HE SAID IT ON RADIO>> NOT IN A PRIVATE CLUB..

you have something on here called the menshed I have never been into it  no interest what ever..

and what you all say to each other about your wives or girl friends you may like to remember they are also someones daughter..

perhaps you would mind that sort of talk about your daughter....or any female relative for that matter   even if it was behind closed doors...

like I said when you can come up with the same type of comments from Eddie or anyone in the media about a bloke..

I will look at your coimments about equality..

until then man.. I can only see abuse towards females...which appears to me to be pretty selective..nothing equal about it. Angry Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #119 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 11:42pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 6:23pm:

Its only natural for Newman to defend McGuire there the best of friends.
« Last Edit: Jun 23rd, 2016 at 11:51pm by Ajax »  

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #120 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 11:49pm

cods wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 7:07pm:
well I know you are blowing air.. as you didnt answer one question... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

why am I not surprised..

because there arent any..

HE SAID IT ON RADIO>> NOT IN A PRIVATE CLUB..

you have something on here called the menshed I have never been into it  no interest what ever..

and what you all say to each other about your wives or girl friends you may like to remember they are also someones daughter..

perhaps you would mind that sort of talk about your daughter....or any female relative for that matter   even if it was behind closed doors...

like I said when you can come up with the same type of comments from Eddie or anyone in the media about a bloke..

I will look at your coimments about equality..

until then man.. I can only see abuse towards females...which appears to me to be pretty selective..nothing equal about it. Angry Angry Angry Angry

Cods as far as I'm concerned its a storm in a tea cup.

Wilson's own team made the same joke and she laughed and didn't take offence, why didn't she do the same with McGuire's team.

Probably not the smartest thing he's ever said but it was in jest, something you're forgetting.

Men don't talk about their women to other men in a derogative fashion that would be belittling of their own women, same as for the women to do the same about their men.

Most of what goes on in a boys club is just playful banter, something I guess you girls wont be able to understand without getting upset...... Smiley

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #121 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 11:49pm

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #122 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 10:15am

Ajax wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 11:49pm:
Wilson's own team made the same joke and she laughed and didn't take offence, why didn't she do the same with McGuire's team.

When did they do that?

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #123 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 10:17am

Ajax wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 11:42pm:

Oh yes...the boy's club.

I forgot about that.

Thank you for reminding me.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #124 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 12:05pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 24th, 2016 at 10:15am:

When did they do that?

On the very same day, strange how she laughed with them (her commentary team at 3AW) but not with McGuire's team at MMM.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-3649802/3AW-s-Wayne-Russel-T...

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #125 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 12:10pm

Ajax wrote on Jun 24th, 2016 at 12:05pm:

When did they do that?

On the very same day, strange how she laughed with them (her commentary team at 3AW) but not with McGuire's team at MMM.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-3649802/3AW-s-Wayne-Russel-T...

Lol, I'm not attempting to justify anything, but I'm justifying it.

And listening to the audio, all they do is confirm that people don't like her and want to bully her like Eddie. Completely different context

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #126 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 12:30pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 24th, 2016 at 12:10pm:

When did they do that?

And listening to the audio, all they do is confirm that people don't like her and want to bully her like Eddie. Completely different context

It’s very clear that not many people in the Aussie rules circles like her, the bottom line is being a woman she just doesn’t get the male bastion and psyche and tries to justify it with rationality.

Quote:
'We'd have to sell tickets to those who want to push you, Caro... and hold you under': The on-air joke by journalist Caroline Wilson's own radio colleagues a week ago that did NOT seem to offend her

She seems to undo herself both comments were similar how can she laugh at one and say the other was offensive.

And why did it take her 3 or 4 days to come out and say yes it was offensive.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #127 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 12:34pm

Ajax wrote on Jun 24th, 2016 at 12:30pm:

When did they do that?

It’s very clear that not many people in the Aussie rules circles like her, the bottom line is being a woman she just doesn’t get the male bastion and psyche and tries to justify it with rationality.

Quote:
'We'd have to sell tickets to those who want to push you, Caro... and hold you under': The on-air joke by journalist Caroline Wilson's own radio colleagues a week ago that did NOT seem to offend her

She seems to undo herself both comments were similar how can she laugh at one and say the other was offensive.

I thought someone else did. And yes, the last thing AFL needs is rationality

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #128 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 12:41pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 24th, 2016 at 12:34pm:

When did they do that?

Quote:

Once the politically correct mob (don't know their acronym)pointed it out she then confirmed that yes it was offensive.

Gotta hand it to her though it wouldn't be easy for her in that niche of the woods but she is persistent and determined two ingredients that make you successful.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #129 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 12:42pm

Ajax wrote on Jun 24th, 2016 at 12:41pm:

When did they do that?

Quote:

Once the politically correct mob (don't know their acronym)pointed it out she then confirmed that yes it was offensive.

Gotta hand it to her though it wouldn't be easy for her in that niche of the woods but she is persistent and determined two ingredients that make you successful.

Being right, and pissing off Collingwood supporters

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #130 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 12:43pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 24th, 2016 at 12:42pm:

When did they do that?

Quote:

Ball breaker now that's a term that would suit her..... Grin

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #131 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 1:54pm

When did they do that?

Quote:

you still dont get it do you ajax..

1/. Caroline was in the other guys company..they were enjoying a giggle about a Freeze off dunking....she would have got the body language as you do when banter is going on between MATES..

like I believe you have already brought up about mates on Eddies show that cop a few "jokes"..everyones on in the joke...its all good..

but this so to speak was done behind her back...by someone who has made it obvious he doesnt like her... even his mate Sam backs that up...

you could probably call your wife all sorts of names... to her face and she would laugh.. but if you called her those names behind her back .. I think you would find they would take on a whole different meaning...

its like dirty smutty jokes.....some folks can tell them and women dont get offended..

others tell them and its cringe worthy....

what I am saying is.. if it had been anyone but Eddie she may well have laughed along....

Eddie is not a nice man...

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #132 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 1:56pm

cods wrote on Jun 24th, 2016 at 1:54pm:

A bloated bully.

I'm sure aquascoot loves him.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #133 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 1:57pm

Ajax wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 11:42pm:

BEST OF FRIENDS>...

Sam is as bad if not worse than Eddie....and if he was a really good friend he would tell Eddie to shut up....but BEST FRIENDS dont do that do they?... they encourage their mate to get worse...

come on one more drink wont hurt one for the road... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I think we have all had a best friend like that when we were young.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #134 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 1:57pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 24th, 2016 at 1:56pm:
cods wrote on Jun 24th, 2016 at 1:54pm:

A bloated bully.

I'm sure aquascoot loves him.

I think you mean AJAX... he is defending his every move...

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #135 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 9:22pm

Ajax wrote on Jun 24th, 2016 at 12:43pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 24th, 2016 at 12:42pm:

When did they do that?

Quote:

Ball breaker now that's a term that would suit her..... Grin

Ball breaker?

That's what everyone calls me  Undecided  Huh Tongue

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print