Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Send Topic Print
Who is the real historical jesus ? (Read 38181 times)
bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Re: Who is the real historical jesus ?
Reply #15 - Jun 27th, 2016 at 10:51am

Who is he?

I have hidden my light for long enough. Behold, I come before you.

Anyone for a fish dinner?

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

stryder
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Jun 27th, 2016 at 6:41pm

issuevoter wrote on Jun 26th, 2016 at 2:01pm:
stryder wrote on Jun 25th, 2016 at 8:17pm:
I think that over time jesus appearance was washed over as a tall, handsome, blond haired with blue eyes figure splashed over cathedral decorations in churches and illustrated bibles, when most likely the people of Judea where mostly dark skinned with a Mediterranean appearances in that time, which most likely was the real appearance of jesus, where he was no Aryan model.

If you are going to make assumptions about the appearances of early tribes, remember the Greeks were fair to blond until they mixed with outside populations. Similar changes may have taken place elsewhere.

Jesus was Judean, not Greek.

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Jun 27th, 2016 at 6:52pm

Spider man,, try and keep up.

The man said

Similar changes may have taken place elsewhere.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #18 - Jun 27th, 2016 at 8:55pm

stryder wrote on Jun 27th, 2016 at 6:41pm:
I think that over time jesus appearance was washed over as a tall, handsome, blond haired with blue eyes figure splashed over cathedral decorations in churches and illustrated bibles, when most likely the people of Judea where mostly dark skinned with a Mediterranean appearances in that time, which most likely was the real appearance of jesus, where he was no Aryan model.

If you are going to make assumptions about the appearances of early tribes, remember the Greeks were fair to blond until they mixed with outside populations. Similar changes may have taken place elsewhere.

First you need to learn to read. See the highlight? I did not say he was Greek, I said similar changes may have taken place elsewhere.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

stryder
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Jun 27th, 2016 at 9:20pm

issuevoter wrote on Jun 27th, 2016 at 8:55pm:
stryder wrote on Jun 27th, 2016 at 6:41pm:

First you need to learn to read. See the highlight? I did not say he was Greek, I said similar changes may have taken place elsewhere.

I'm stating that jesus wasn't probably an Aryan model dreamt up by European Christians, I thinlk we can safely say that white people didn't populated the middle east in the past like they do in Norway or Sweden today, maybe a few of them and maybe some Nordics and germanics wandered into Judea in jesus's time, but I doubt that the real jesus he had any white European features, that's what I state in reflection of the racial groups that probably existed in ancient Judea in that time.
« Last Edit: Jun 27th, 2016 at 9:29pm by stryder »  

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #20 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 3:28pm

Oh dear...where do I start with this  Roll Eyes

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #21 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 3:46pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Jun 29th, 2016 at 3:28pm:

I think you have exhausted as much as you can possibly contribute with that post.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #22 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 3:57pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 29th, 2016 at 3:46pm:

I think you have exhausted as much as you can possibly contribute with that post.

Can't you stop following me around?

I'm not interested. 

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #23 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 4:00pm

Spider Spunk, with all due respect, your posts in this topic clearly indicate that don't know what you're on about.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #24 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 4:07pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Jun 29th, 2016 at 4:00pm:

Spider Spunk, with all due respect, your posts in this topic clearly indicate that don't know what you're on about.

I guess the simplest thing is for you to give him an explanation.  Go on ~ do that, instead of the stupid sniping, stalker.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #25 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 4:09pm

Up for Spider Spunk!

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #26 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 4:13pm

I guess the simplest thing is for you to give him an explanation.  Go on ~ do that, instead of the stupid sniping, and 'upping,' stalker.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #27 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 4:15pm

Up for Spider Spunk!

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #28 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 4:28pm

Joshua Ben Joseph, Born to Mary and an unknown father, possibly a Roman soldier, is without a doubt the most influential man to walk the planet. Everybody has heard of him.

A well educated man from Galilee he was a radical of his time, preaching love and tolerance. Nothing is known about his life from the ages of  around 12 to the start of his ministry at 30 although there is a group in Kashmir who claim a boy from Judea studied, among other things Buddhism with them during those missing years. The truth of that is of course lost to time.

Curiously his own writings have also been lost to time. As an educated Jew it is inconceivable that he would not have kept a written account of his ministry in his own hand. All we can rely on is the gospels, the earliest of which was written decades after his crucifixion.

This may in fact enhance the story of the Nazarene. After all this was an era before recording equipment. If someone tells another person a story, then that person tells the same story to another and that person tells it to another and so on, after 20-30 years how close is that story going to resemble the original?

It's possible that Mark managed to find writings by the original apostles but this is unlikely, so essentially what we have is a word of mouth account passed down through the decades.

In essence it is highly likely that the Nazarene was a true historical figure. All that has been attributed to him must only be accepted on faith.

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Pho Huc
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Victoria
Reply #29 - Jun 30th, 2016 at 1:33pm

Actually, many of the people and events recorded in the new testament corrolated with roman government records of the period. Unfortunatly Jesus was not one of these people. I always assumed he was a composite, a messiah built by committe. Id love to be wrong, but such is the lot of the agnostic.

The law locks up the man who steals the goose from the common, but leaves the greater criminal loose who steals the common from the goose (convict saying)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Send Topic Print