Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 20
Send Topic Print
first islamic enclave gone (Read 37242 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: first islamic enclave gone
Reply #165 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 11:39pm

freediver wrote on Jun 22nd, 2016 at 10:15pm:
This has been all over the media Aussie. You have no idea what is going on do you?

We certainly do, FD. School funding, police corruption, and prima facie evidence of terrorism.

Oh, when will they ever learn?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #166 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 10:59am

freediver wrote on Jun 22nd, 2016 at 7:55pm:
Would you mind quoting him Aussie?

How about you quote me saying its "important" to find out how some money that had already been established as misused, had been misused exactly?

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #167 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 11:02am

freediver wrote on Jun 22nd, 2016 at 9:55pm:
Apparently it is too much to ask of a Muslim ...

FD - can you give me that lecture again about how bigoted and wrong it is to reduce individuals to a "mindless collective" again?

Or is it "scheming muslims" - I get the two mixed up.
« Last Edit: Jun 23rd, 2016 at 11:11am by polite_gandalf »  

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #168 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 12:25pm

Quote:
How about you quote me saying its "important" to find out how some money that had already been established as misused, had been misused exactly?

Sure, if you no longer think it is important. Is that the case Gandalf? I am hardly going to look for the quote if you still think the same thing.

Quote:
FD - can you give me that lecture again about how bigoted and wrong it is to reduce individuals to a "mindless collective" again?
Or is it "scheming muslims" - I get the two mixed up.

Here is the rest of the quote Gandalf.

Apparently it is too much to ask of a Muslim to acknowledge the importance of finding out exactly what the AFIC considers to be so much more important than educating Muslim children. It might make Islam look bad.

Am I right that it is asking too much?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #169 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 3:34pm

freediver wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 12:25pm:

FD it doesn't change anything, until you realise how bigoted and offensive it is to address a person you're engaging in conversation as merely a member of some stereotypical mindless collective.

You can't bring yourself to address me as an actual individual human being who might actually think independently to some imaginary muslim hive mind - I'm just "a muslim", or your old favourite a "typical muslim".

And no, I don't imagine I ever said its "important" to find out how some money that had already been established as misused, had exactly been misused. But feel free to prove me wrong.
« Last Edit: Jun 23rd, 2016 at 3:42pm by polite_gandalf »  

Quote:

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #170 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 4:45pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 3:34pm:
freediver wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 12:25pm:

FD it doesn't change anything, until you realise how bigoted and offensive it is to address a person you're engaging in conversation as merely a member of some stereotypical mindless collective.

Well yes, but it's not racist, G. Islam is not a race, you know.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #171 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 6:22pm

Quote:

I am addressing you as someone who has children enrolled in a school affected by the AFIC debacle and as a person who is represented, either directly or indirectly, by the AFIC. And yes, as an Australian Muslim, I would also expect you to have an interest in all the other things AFIC gets up to, such as what it does with the halal certification fees it gets and the image it creates for Australian Muslims.

Quote:
You can't bring yourself to address me as an actual individual human being who might actually think independently to some imaginary muslim hive mind - I'm just "a muslim", or your old favourite a "typical muslim".

That is exactly what I am doing Gandalf. I am asking you to think. For example, do you think it is important to find out exactly what the AFIC considers to be so much more important than educating Muslim children?

Quote:
And no, I don't imagine I ever said its "important" to find out how some money that had already been established as misused, had exactly been misused. But feel free to prove me wrong.

Is that because you now think it does not matter, or because you think you would have refused to offer an opinion?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #172 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 6:24pm

Has the NSW Education Minister yet complied with the Law, freediver?  If not, is that of concern and/or of any importance to you?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #173 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 6:37pm

freediver wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 6:22pm:
I am addressing you...

This is how you are addressing me FD:

Apparently it is too much to ask of a Muslim... [to do something reasonable or civilized]

And this is when you aren't addressing me as "typical muslim".

If you really can't see how offensive and bigoted that is, then I can't really say anything else.

I am addressing you as someone who has children enrolled in a school affected by the AFIC debacle and as a person who is represented, either directly or indirectly, by the AFIC.

Ah yes, I nearly forgot the "heartless Dad who doesn't give a crap about his kids' education" subtext. Thanks for reminding me.

Does AFIC outrage me? Sure it does, and I'd like nothing better than to see them all thrown out. But you know what also outrages me? People stating as fact that muslims are funding terrorists based on nothing at all. And then having the hide to think they can give me moral lectures on things like honesty and accountability. And then, after all that, keep prancing around pretending he didn't say it, and acting completely clueless as to why such bigoted comments are just as much part of the problem as the sins of AFIC.

Quote:

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #174 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 6:39pm

Is that because you now think it does not matter, or because you think you would have refused to offer an opinion?

Found the quote yet? I'm guessing not.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #175 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 6:57pm

Quote:
Has the NSW Education Minister yet complied with the Law, freediver?  If not, is that of concern and/or of any importance to you?

It is before the courts Aussie. And no I am not concerned at all that they did not comply, as I expect they were acting under legal advice, and contrary to your ignorant stance on the law, it is not the police's job to sort it out.

Quote:
And this is when you aren't addressing me as "typical muslim".

Have I ever referred to you that way? Normally I refer to you as a progressive Muslim. You are one of the least head-hacking Muslims I have ever met. You should be proud. Now if I could just get you to stop that mindless collective nonsense, you might pass for progressive by Australian standards.

Quote:
Ah yes, I nearly forgot the "heartless Dad who doesn't give a crap about his kids' education" subtext. Thanks for reminding me.

How about 'someone who should at least care what the AFIC was getting up to'?

Quote:
Does AFIC outrage me? Sure it does, and I'd like nothing better than to see them all thrown out.

But not outraged enough to take an interest in what they did with all that money, or even whether they deprived your own children of education funding?

Quote:
Found the quote yet? I'm guessing not.

I will go to the trouble of finding it right after you go to the trouble of offering an opinion on whether it is important to find out exactly what the AFIC considers to be so much more important than educating Muslim children.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #176 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 7:00pm

Quote:
It is before the courts Aussie. And no I am not concerned at all that they did not comply, as I expect they were acting under legal advice, and contrary to your ignorant stance on the law, it is not the police's job to sort it out.

Why have you as a Citizen not bothered to find out?  Is that of no importance to you?

Fact is, it is not before the Courts at all.  The Minister has been ordered to restore funding by the Court.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #177 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 7:07pm

So what was the outcome of the latest hearing Aussie?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #178 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 7:09pm

freediver wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 7:07pm:
So what was the outcome of the latest hearing Aussie?

He was ordered to cough up.  That was this week.

Link.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #179 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 7:12pm

Last I read was an article from 2 days ago saying it had still not been ruled on. Hardly time to start worrying about it Aussie. The federal government is not going to flee the country.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 20
Send Topic Print