Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
No longer can get Full Screen when playing YouTube (Read 2506 times)
Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Re: No longer can get Full Screen when playing YouTube
Reply #30 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 9:28pm

I'll answer tomorrow - I'm late.  Smiley

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #31 - Jun 19th, 2016 at 5:49pm

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #32 - Jun 19th, 2016 at 6:21pm

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #33 - Jun 19th, 2016 at 6:33pm

Hey Eugene did you fix your problem....?

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #34 - Jun 19th, 2016 at 8:04pm

Why the aboriginal flag in the corner?

Not one of over 200 different nationalities that migrated to Australia did so because aboriginal culture had something they wanted in their life.

They made the trip because Australia was fashioned in the image of the culture that has you speaking English today.

As for Australia's colours being green-and-gold: That decision in 1984 never went to a referendum, but was decided by one man: Bob Hawke, and so these are temporary colours until it is put to a popular vote.

The green-and-gold is obviously a sop to the Irish while at the same time being a snub to the Mother Country's red-white-and-blue.

« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2016 at 8:14pm by Lord Herbert »  

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #35 - Jun 19th, 2016 at 9:15pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 19th, 2016 at 8:04pm:
Why the aboriginal flag in the corner?

Not one of over 200 different nationalities that migrated to Australia did so because aboriginal culture had something they wanted in their life.

They made the trip because Australia was fashioned in the image of the culture that has you speaking English today.

As for Australia's colours being green-and-gold: That decision in 1984 never went to a referendum, but was decided by one man: Bob Hawke, and so these are temporary colours until it is put to a popular vote.

The green-and-gold is obviously a sop to the Irish while at the same time being a snub to the Mother Country's red-white-and-blue.

Green and Gold are the Australian national colours.

The southern cross can be seen in our night sky.

The Aboriginal flag celebrates the very first Australians.

These three things on our flag can make any one who would like to be an Australian and assimilate into the Australian culture proud to be uniquely Australian.

When I played footy at my state school, our jumpers where green with a gold vee on around the neck.

https://www.itsanhonour.gov.au/publications/symbols/factsheets/national_colours....

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #36 - Jun 19th, 2016 at 9:32pm

Ajax wrote on Jun 19th, 2016 at 9:15pm:
Green and Gold are the Australian national colours.

Correct.

That is, the interim national colours until a referendum can be held to democratically decide the matter.

Bob Hawke was never given a mandate to change the national colours from British to Irish on a whim.

The Aboriginal flag celebrates the very first Australians.

Why are they celebrated? What benefit have they been to our Western civilisation?

Does America do this? Canada?

These three things on our flag can make any one who would like to be an Australian and assimilate into the Australian culture proud to be uniquely Australian.

What cultures have you assimilated into besides Greek and Anglo-Australian?

When I played footy at my state school, our jumpers where green with a gold vee on around the neck.

How very Irish.

You probably all went running about the field with your arms held stiffly by your sides ...

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #37 - Jun 19th, 2016 at 9:41pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 19th, 2016 at 9:32pm:
Correct.

That is, the interim national colours until a referendum can be held to democratically decide the matter.

Bob Hawke was never given a mandate to change the national colours from British to Irish on a whim.

No referendum needed it was the GG who officially declared our green and gold colours.

Quote:
Why are they celebrated? What benefit have they been to our Western civilisation?

I don't particularly care what America and Canada do this is Australia. Aboriginals where the first Australians are you saying they have no part to play....???

Many Australians recognise this fact, how is it that you don't..??

Quote:

My blood may be Greek Herbie but my mind and heart are Australian, something you're sadly missing I'm afraid.

Quote:
How very Irish.

You probably all went running about the field with your arms held stiffly by your sides ...

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother.

If you're not proud of the green and gold then maybe you should go back to where you can once again be proud of the red blue and white.

This is not England Herbie, we do live in Australia.
« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2016 at 9:54pm by Ajax »  

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #38 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 9:32am

Ajax wrote on Jun 19th, 2016 at 9:41pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 19th, 2016 at 9:32pm:
Correct.

No referendum needed it was the GG who officially declared our green and gold colours.

What's in a name?

Hawke made a 'captain's call' - and his lapdog Sir Ninian (a Pom) rubber-stamped it to keep the wine flowing at his table. 

Quote:

I don't particularly care what America and Canada do this is Australia. Aboriginals where the first Australians are you saying they have no part to play....???

In whichever country the original inhabitants are allowed to be institutionalised as a separate species - there you will find all the ills that beset man. Alcoholism, suicide, prostitution, crime, sloth, disaffection, Institutionalised Victimhood as a cottage industry, corruption in the higher ranks, etc etc.

Total assimilation is the wisest policy.   

I would ban the 'aboriginal' flag from hanging alongside our national flag.

'Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Führer' is the best policy.  Cool

Quote:

My blood may be Greek Herbie but my mind and heart are Australian, something you're sadly missing I'm afraid.

You cannot serve two masters in times of war. Where would your cardiac muscle be if the Australo-Hellenic Wars were suddenly to break out? You would enlist in the Australian army but remain 'neutral'?  Cool 

Quote:
How very Irish.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #39 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 9:48pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 16th, 2016 at 8:38am:
Neferti wrote on Jun 16th, 2016 at 7:27am:
Good god, who plays/likes country and western music like Roy Orbison? Yuk! Shocked

Cool

That's not country Herb. That's rock and roll, a cultural thing we parasites took from them neggars.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #40 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 10:15pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 16th, 2016 at 4:14pm:
  Cool

I can just see you bopping to that as a kid Herb.

You'd probably even risk a fracture to do it now!  Grin

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #41 - Jun 25th, 2016 at 3:53pm

Setanta wrote on Jun 24th, 2016 at 9:48pm:
That's not country Herb. That's rock and roll, a cultural thing we parasites took from them neggars.

Nonsense.

Them blacks stole Rock n Roll off Elvis and Jerry Lee Lewis ...

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Jul 4th, 2016 at 9:42pm

F11 key usually goes to full screen.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print