Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Come on ADF - not again! (Read 4674 times)
Brian Ross

Representative of me

Re: Come on ADF - not again!
Reply #30 - Jun 4th, 2016 at 5:46pm

BigOl64 wrote on Jun 4th, 2016 at 4:51pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jun 4th, 2016 at 4:45pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Jun 4th, 2016 at 5:18am:
Brian Ross wrote on Jun 3rd, 2016 at 7:42pm:
You may believe what you like, however my experience at University was very different.

Rape was not on the smorgasboard of offerings.

I have attended ADFA, have you?

I didn't enjoy the experience and I was a civilian post-grad.   I watched the coardies going about their studies and wondered how they put up with the military bullshit I witnessed.   Even then, only a few years after ADFA was established, it was obvious that it was on a hiding to nothing.

ADFA is not good place to study IMHO.

I believe that your limited exposure contradicts the vast evidence collected on sexual assault at our many civilian universities. And your experience in no way contradicts the reality of university life for women who attend those universities.

Oh, and how much was my "limited exposure"?   I'm just wondering how much exposure you think I have to Tertiary Education establishments in multiple states?   Roll Eyes

So one can assume you know the difference between and the value of empirical and anecdotal evidence, then.

Maybe you could explain it to our readers, so they can also have a sound understanding as to why your personal experience holds little value.  Smiley

Little value?  Really?  According to whom?

You claimed you knew.   Appears you don't.  Funny that.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #31 - Jun 5th, 2016 at 4:26pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jun 4th, 2016 at 5:46pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Jun 4th, 2016 at 4:51pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jun 4th, 2016 at 4:45pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Jun 4th, 2016 at 5:18am:
Brian Ross wrote on Jun 3rd, 2016 at 7:42pm:
You may believe what you like, however my experience at University was very different.

Rape was not on the smorgasboard of offerings.

I have attended ADFA, have you?

I didn't enjoy the experience and I was a civilian post-grad.   I watched the coardies going about their studies and wondered how they put up with the military bullshit I witnessed.   Even then, only a few years after ADFA was established, it was obvious that it was on a hiding to nothing.

ADFA is not good place to study IMHO.

I believe that your limited exposure contradicts the vast evidence collected on sexual assault at our many civilian universities. And your experience in no way contradicts the reality of university life for women who attend those universities.

Oh, and how much was my "limited exposure"?   I'm just wondering how much exposure you think I have to Tertiary Education establishments in multiple states?   Roll Eyes

So one can assume you know the difference between and the value of empirical and anecdotal evidence, then.

Maybe you could explain it to our readers, so they can also have a sound understanding as to why your personal experience holds little value.  Smiley

Little value?  Really?  According to whom?

You claimed you knew.   Appears you don't.  Funny that.   Roll Eyes

Well the many universities you supposedly attended will tell you the anecdotal evidence (your opinion based on your personal observation) is worth very little, especially when compared to empirical evidence from research conducted by reputable institutions. Even if your civilian universities are actively covering u the the fact they are basically rape factories.

So, your personal opinion, according to every university on the planet, is nothing more than anecdotal evidence and is not to be considered and worth anything.

I have told you this in previous posts, it's a pity your education doesn't included basic reading and comprehension.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #32 - Jun 8th, 2016 at 5:52pm

You can trot out your newspaper reports all you want, Lt.Bigfella.  Australian Universities are considerably safer than most other institutions in Australian society for women, IMO.   They are a lot safer than American universities.   I've studies and worked around Tertiary education institutions for nearly 20 years.   I've heard of a handful of attacks and rapes in that time.

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Reply #33 - Jun 8th, 2016 at 6:41pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jun 8th, 2016 at 5:52pm:
You can trot out your newspaper reports all you want, Lt.Bigfella.  Australian Universities are considerably safer than most other institutions in Australian society for women, IMO.   They are a lot safer than American universities.   I've studies and worked around Tertiary education institutions for nearly 20 years.   I've heard of a handful of attacks and rapes in that time.

If you are referring to me Brian - this is my first posting in this particular thread.

Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies
Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Jun 9th, 2016 at 10:02am

In spite of all the media attention focused on sexual assaults at ADFA, the sex discrimination commissioners research clearly shows that the situation is worse at civilian universities.  This is an unpalatable fact for many to swallow, hence the denial in many of the posts here.

The only reason ADFA gets a mention and these other institutions don't is because of a biased media constantly on the lookout for a sensational story. Anything to do with the ADF fits the bill.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Jun 9th, 2016 at 10:10am

"The Defence Abuse Response Taskforce (DART) has already assessed more than 2,400 complaints of abuse, paid $28 million in compensation and referred 63 matters to police."

ADF Rape

IP Logged

Squire
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Jul 19th, 2016 at 4:53pm

It never stops. The ADF is a den of sexist, racist deviants of the worst kind.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/32073834/vile-memes-brisbane-army-barracks-shaken-by...

Quote:
Australian soldiers have been reportedly caught out posting offensive sexual memes onto social media.

The brazen postings could be seen as an act of direct defiance against the internal push by Defence seniors to remove the misogynistic image associated with the armed forces News Corp reports.

The Army is reportedly said to now be ‘looking into’ the postings after media outlets drew their attention to the inappropriate online content.

The graphic content was posted to social media by various personnel reportedly at Brisbane’s Enoggera Barracks and exposed a litany of offensive images and comments according to online reports.

One of posts (above) shows Bill Cosby holding a Quaalude bottle and lobbing a pill into a cocktail drink. Source: Facebook.

Some of the posts contain graphic sexual references however others also contain racist undertones and date back as far as 2013.

“I go to the gym a lot, it makes getting girls a lot easier. The last one I raped didn’t stand a chance,” states one meme.

The offensive meme was posted earlier in the year by a Brisbane based soldier and shows a bodybuilder in the image.

In another disturbing post a self-confessed “racist” calls another user a “smelly filthy packie nice person”, telling them “why don’t you bugger off back to your country on the door you came floating on”.

“Where individuals are identified as current serving members, they may be subject to administrative or disciplinary action under the Defence Force Discipline Act,” a Defence spokesman told News Corp in response.

In yet another offensive post a soldier, wearing his uniform in his profile picture, posted a meme in 2013 with an image of Home & Away’s Alf Stewart saying, “It’s called Australia Day. I will rape the bugger out of u if u call it anything else.”

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print