Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14
Send Topic Print
Aurukun teachers evacuated.....again (Read 27912 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Aurukun teachers evacuated.....again
Reply #45 - May 25th, 2016 at 8:57pm

The name is Aussie, not Oz.

This is the explanation:

Quote:
One of the reasons we have government is to resolve these issues.  They are supposed to be the lifters, not the leaners.

IP Logged

Lionel Edriess
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - May 25th, 2016 at 9:00pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on May 25th, 2016 at 8:53pm:
Aboriginals are at Aurukun because there has been a longstanding (since 1788) policy of dispossession and exclusion from white society.

"As ye sow, so shall ye reap."

The principle of exclusion from closet pom society is now a part of Aboriginal culture.

Oh, I can see that!

The Aboriginal population in Tasmania has seen a dramatic increase in the last 150 years as a result of 'exclusionist' policy.

You're misnamed!

You're a laugh a minute!

Toughen up, Australia!

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #47 - May 25th, 2016 at 9:04pm

Lionel Edriess wrote on May 25th, 2016 at 9:00pm:
Aboriginals are at Aurukun because there has been a longstanding (since 1788) policy of dispossession and exclusion from white society.

The principle of exclusion from closet pom society is now a part of Aboriginal culture.

Oh, I can see that!

The Aboriginal population in Tasmania has seen a dramatic increase in the last 150 years as a result of 'exclusionist' policy.

You're misnamed!

You're a laugh a minute!

Lionel Edriess may rejoice, laugh and joke about genocide and extermination of people. Decent moral people don't see it as humorous. Quite the contrary.

An increase of one from total extermination is dramatic.

A genocide of total extermination and extinction was perpetrated by closet poms in Tasmania.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truganini

Quote:
Fanny Cochrane Smith (1834–1905), outlived Truganini by 30 years and in 1889 was officially recognised as the last full-blood Tasmanian Aboriginal. Smith recorded songs in her native language, the only audio recordings that exist of an indigenous Tasmanian language
« Last Edit: May 25th, 2016 at 9:10pm by Laugh till you cry »  

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Mistress Nicole
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - May 25th, 2016 at 9:11pm

Aussie wrote on May 25th, 2016 at 8:57pm:

This is the explanation:

Quote:
One of the reasons we have government is to resolve these issues.  They are supposed to be the lifters, not the leaners.

I am asking you to clarify your second sentence, with reference to policy, and then explain what you would do. I solution, if you like. Oz.

IP Logged

GordyL
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Hate Town
Reply #49 - May 25th, 2016 at 9:11pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on May 25th, 2016 at 9:04pm:

Oh, I can see that!

You're misnamed!

You're a laugh a minute!

Lionel Edriess may rejoice, laugh and joke about genocide and extermination of people. Decent moral people don't see it as humorous. Quite the contrary.

A genocide of total extermination and extinction was perpetrated by closet poms in Tasmania.

Quote:
Fanny Cochrane Smith (1834–1905), outlived Truganini by 30 years and in 1889 was officially recognised as the last full-blood Tasmanian Aboriginal. Smith recorded songs in her native language, the only audio recordings that exist of an indigenous Tasmanian language

More history lessons.  Any practical solutions?
Though not

On the Ning Nang Nong
Where the Cows go Bong!
and the monkeys all say BOO!
IP Logged

Mistress Nicole
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - May 25th, 2016 at 9:14pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on May 25th, 2016 at 9:04pm:

Oh, I can see that!

You're misnamed!

You're a laugh a minute!

Quote:

So, what do you propose we do? Share your idea of fixing it.

Then I'll do the same. I have ideas. Do you? Or do you just want to sit on the sidelines lobbing spitballs.

Any fool can do that. Show me your not a fool.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #51 - May 25th, 2016 at 9:15pm

Mistress Nicole wrote on May 25th, 2016 at 9:11pm:

This is the explanation:

Quote:

I am asking you to clarify your second sentence, with reference to policy, and then explain what you would do. I solution, if you like. Oz.

If you cannot give me the simple courtesy of referring to me by my 'name,' no I will not make any clarification for you.  None ought be necessary, anyway.

IP Logged

Mistress Nicole
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - May 25th, 2016 at 9:17pm

Aussie wrote on May 25th, 2016 at 9:15pm:

This is the explanation:

Quote:

If you cannot give me the simple courtesy of referring to me by my 'name,' no I will not make any clarification for you.  None ought be necessary, anyway.

I thought so. You've got nothing.

Next.

Laugh til you cry your turn. Show us all you're not a lightweight like Oz.

IP Logged

GordyL
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Hate Town
Reply #53 - May 25th, 2016 at 9:25pm

Aussie wrote on May 25th, 2016 at 9:15pm:

This is the explanation:

Quote:

Poor Adityahas has his vindaloo in a knot
« Last Edit: May 25th, 2016 at 9:49pm by GordyL »  

On the Ning Nang Nong
Where the Cows go Bong!
and the monkeys all say BOO!
IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #54 - May 25th, 2016 at 9:43pm

Aboriginals have deep resentment at their dispossession and exclusion from society. A change in their social circumstances and place in society is a long haul requiring the nurturing of Aboriginal leadership to take control over their society.

The evident solution is for the government to invoke a genuine policy of inclusion and empowerment. Aboriginals need to be fully included in closet pom society not the blatantly false, patronizing, policies of the past.

The problem appears intractable from the white man's aspect because no serious attempt to include Aboriginals in society has ever been made.

The only way it can ever be solved is by enabling Aboriginals to solve it themselves.

Closet poms poisoned Aboriginal society by displacing the social structures that existed before the settlement of Australia. Nothing replaced the previous social structures which gives rise to the anarchy of today. New social structures need to be developed that link and include Aboriginals in mainstream closet pom society.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #55 - May 25th, 2016 at 9:55pm

Aurukun is having some problems. That doesn't mean everyone who lives there wants to beat up teachers. What we are seeing is social Darwinism. It'll either work, or it won't. there are plenty of indigenous people who want to see it work.  As everywhere, the problem is with young males who are being fed bad ideas. And Svengali, you can't blame white people for everything, even if it makes you feel good about your pathetic place in the world.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Mistress Nicole
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - May 25th, 2016 at 10:07pm

issuevoter wrote on May 25th, 2016 at 9:55pm:
Aurukun is having some problems. That doesn't mean everyone who lives there wants to beat up teachers. What we are seeing is social Darwinism. It'll either work, or it won't. there are plenty of indigenous people who want to see it work.  As everywhere, the problem is with young males who are being fed bad ideas. And Svengali, you can't blame white people for everything, even if it makes you feel good about your pathetic place in the world.

With respect, it's not just young males getting fed bad ideas - this issue permeates the whole of aboriginal communities. And it's getting worse - children are being removed at the rates of five times the 'stolen generations'.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #57 - May 25th, 2016 at 10:17pm

Its not getting better. That's a failure of governments.

IP Logged

Mistress Nicole
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - May 25th, 2016 at 10:21pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on May 25th, 2016 at 10:17pm:

Its not getting better. That's a failure of governments.

You say that, but you clearly know nothing of governments policies. And you make no concrete suggestions beyond "blame it on government".

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #59 - May 25th, 2016 at 10:49pm

Nicole Page 2016, you told LTYC that you would offer your solution after he posted his.

Quote:
So, what do you propose we do? Share your idea of fixing it.

Then I'll do the same. I have ideas. Do you? Or do you just want to sit on the sidelines lobbing spitballs.

Your turn.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14
Send Topic Print