Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Global warming: Temperature rise is accelerating (Read 3822 times)
Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Re: Global warming: Temperature rise is accelerating
Reply #15 - May 25th, 2016 at 2:42pm

Quote:
Ajax wrote on May 24th, 2016 at 6:03pm:
Show me the smoking gun that proves man's emissions of CO2 are causing the temperature to rise......!!!!!

There is an extensive and intensive consensus, including among governments, that human activity is causing global warming. Ajax is on the wrong side of history.

Quote:
And I'm not talking about the failed computer models that have been proven wrong by observation.

You have no evidence for your contention.

Quote:
Today we have some of the lowest temperatures and atmospheric CO2 levels in our history.

That is a totally false statement. Global average temperature has been rising relentlessly since 1950. If it wasn't for the absorptive power of the oceans air and land temperature would be much higher than it now is.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - May 25th, 2016 at 2:45pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on May 25th, 2016 at 2:42pm:
Quote:
Ajax wrote Yesterday at 6:03pm:
Today we have some of the lowest temperatures and atmospheric CO2 levels in our history.

That is a totally false statement. Global average temperature has been rising relentlessly since 1950. If it wasn't for the absorptive power of the oceans air and land temperature would be much higher than it now is.

There you have it folks. History only goes back to 1950. Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #17 - May 25th, 2016 at 2:55pm

lee wrote on May 25th, 2016 at 2:45pm:
Quote:
Ajax wrote Yesterday at 6:03pm:

There you have it folks. History only goes back to 1950. Grin Grin Grin

There you have it. Worse still, the temperature had been decreasing up to 1950. The trend of falling temperature was reversed by the accelerating pace of emissions of GHG heralding the exposure of anthropogenic global warming.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - May 25th, 2016 at 3:56pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on May 25th, 2016 at 2:55pm:
Worse still, the temperature had been decreasing up to 1950. T

And CO2 was increasing. Damned natural variability.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #19 - May 25th, 2016 at 3:57pm

Atmospheric CO2 concentration is increasing relentlessly.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - May 25th, 2016 at 4:06pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on May 25th, 2016 at 3:57pm:
Atmospheric CO2 concentration is increasing relentlessly.

Yep, since the time of the 2nd industrial revolution, according to Scripps Institute.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #21 - May 25th, 2016 at 6:06pm

There is an extensive and intensive consensus, including among governments, that human activity is causing global warming. Ajax is on the wrong side of history.

You have no evidence for your contention.

The only extensive and intensive consensus is that politicians all over the world are ready to implement the oligarchies wishes to tax us all (you included) on the air we breath.

Exactly in the same way that they handed over all the public cash cows to these few greedy men.

Like I said

Warming by the end of this century

IPCC computer models  projected warming……… +2.78° C / Century

Observations the last 25 years………………………….. +1.01° C / Century

IPCC hide the truth with pseudo science.

Medieval warm period warmer than today.

Dahl_Jensen et al 1998
Wagner & Melles 2001
Kaplan et al 2002
Jiang et al 2002
Moore et al 2001
Grudd et al 2002
Seppa & Birks 2002
Dansgaard et al 1975
Korhola et al 2000
Naurzbaev et al 2002
Vaganov et el 1996
Briffa et al 1998
Scweingruber & Briffa 1996
Knudsen et al 2004
Grinsted et al 2006
Besonen et al 2008
Wagner et al 2008
Vare et al 2009
Norgaard-Pedersen & Mikkelsen 2009
Andresen et al 2004
Vinther et al 2010
Kobashi et al 2010
Kobashi et al 2008
Stuiver et al 1995
Dansgaard et al 1975
Jenings & Weiner 1996
Johnsen et al 2001
Vinther et al 2010
Larsen et al 2011
Hill et al 2001
Joynt & Wolfe 2001
Hantemirov & Shiyatov 2002
Andersson et al 2003
Helama et al 2005
Mazepa 2005
Weckstrom et al 2006
Jiang et al 2007
Zabenski & Gajewski 2007
Grudd 2008
Justwan et al 2008
Scire et al 2008
Axford et al 2009
Bjune et al 2009
Cook et al 2009
Fortin & Gajewski 2010
Buntgen et al 2011
Divine et al 2011
Ran et al 2011
Velle et al 2011
D’Andrea et al 2012
Esper et al 2012

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #22 - May 25th, 2016 at 6:08pm

Well if 71 peer reviewed alarmist papers add up to a consensus that global warming is real........????

What do 1350 peer reviewed papers supporting skeptics add up to.............................................!!!!!

THE TRUTH....!!!....there is no Anthropogenic Global Warming.

http://www.populartechnology.net/2009/10/peer-reviewed-papers-supporting.html

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #23 - May 25th, 2016 at 6:10pm

Is there any correlation between CO2 and temperature?

(1).....On a small time scale
(NO)
(11,000 years)

Showing from 200 to 11000 years ago, the subsequent graph is based on ice core data, readily visible in files hosted on the servers of the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA):GISP 2 and EPICA Dome C

Graph-1

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/04/11/does-co2-correlate-with-temperature-histor...

(2).....On a medium time scale YES???, (450,000 years)

(NO)
, It appears so because of the scale we are zoomed out at.

WARNING !
This is the scale that most global warming sites use to scare the unsuspecting.

Over the past few hundred thousand years of ice core data, a “medium” time scale in this sense, CO2 superficially appears to change in step with temperature if a graph is so zoomed out as to not show sub-millennial time
scales well

Graph-2

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/04/11/does-co2-correlate-with-temperature-histor...

A record of temperature and atmospheric CO2 over the past 400,000 years is preserved in the Vostok Ice Core and is shown in the figure on the right.

It can be seen that there have been a series of large fluctuations in temperature (the Ice Ages), accompanied by large changes in atmospheric CO2.

It is thought that these large temperature fluctuations are triggered by Milankovitch cycles - variations in the earth's orbit that change the amount of energy from the sun that reaches us.

However, on their own, these cycles are not enough to explain the changes in temperature.

The full explanation seems to be that the small change in temperature caused by the changing orbit are amplified by natural processes on earth. These cause CO2 to be released from the oceans and the biosphere, causing an increased greenhouse effect.

This is described more fully in this article from the New Scientist (see also Shackleton 2000). For more details on the timing of changes in CO2 and temperature, click on the figure.

http://www.brighton73.freeserve.co.uk/gw/paleo/paleoclimate.htm#100,000years

(3).....On a long time scale
(NO)
(millions of years)

Graph-3

[url]http://s155.n46.n171.n68.static.myhostcenter.com/WVFossils/Reference_Docs/Geocarb_III-Berner.pdf[/urll]

(4).....Lately

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #24 - May 25th, 2016 at 6:16pm

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #25 - May 25th, 2016 at 6:33pm

The following NOAA data indicates that Ajax's information is wrong. I would believe NOAA before anything  Ajax publishes:

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #26 - May 25th, 2016 at 6:39pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on May 25th, 2016 at 6:33pm:
The following NOAA data indicates that Ajax's information is wrong. I would believe NOAA before anything  Ajax publishes:

http://climate.nasa.gov/system/charts/15_14_co2_left.gif

http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/webdata/ccgg/trends/co2_trend_gl.png

I urge anyone who is interested in this subject to read the fine print on the graphs I have posted.

You will then understand that temperature doesn't correlate to CO2.

Never has on Earth and probably never will in accordance with our history.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #27 - May 25th, 2016 at 6:55pm

Lets not forget a few other facts that are conveniently never mentioned by the alarmists.

1. There are an estimated three and a half million volcanoes under the sea, its estimated that at least half spew out CO2 on a daily basis.

2. The estimated life of atmospheric CO2 before all the hocus pocus on demonizing CO2 began was universally accepted to be 5 years.

Now we are being told 200 years sometimes thousands of years.

There is no need to send billions to the oligarchy through the United Nations and wall street to try and keep warming below 2 degrees.

This will happen whether or not we create a $2 trillion dollar market for the oligarchy to play their games on at our expense.

The question you have to ask yourself is

DO YOU WANT TO BE TAXED BILLIONS OF DOLLARS BASED ON A LIE........?????

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #28 - May 25th, 2016 at 8:21pm

Valkie wrote on May 24th, 2016 at 7:32am:
rabbitoh08 wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 11:52pm:
Valkie wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 8:11pm:
lee wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 6:02pm:
Laugh till you cry wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 5:41pm:
You need to re-calibrate your slide rule and abacus. Your calculations are around 200% off.

You seem to be mistaken in your calculations according to US EPA which depicts ~ 0.7 C rise in 3 decades:

Your graph shows about 0.7ºF, not C,over 3 decades, which is about 0.39ºC over 3 decades. But errors creep in when you take the data, measured in degrees from the buoys, convert to zettajoules and then instead of taking your original temperature, convert it back to degrees again, so compounding any errors.

I wonder just how many cumulative errors, equipment errors and just plain old human errors have crept into the data presented since the 1900s?

Quite a lot.  I suggest you actually read some scientific literature on the subject where the errors are identified, quantified and discussed - and ignore Lees ignorant ranting

And we still are no closer to knowing what has caused the ice ages and heating cycles that this highly complex and very dynamic rock we live on.

If you actually read some scientific literature on the subject - perhaps it would not be such a mystery to you.

Please, Please enlighten me?
I would really like to know what has been the reason for the Earth's cyclic climate change.

It should be quite simple to explain in simple words so that an uneducated mug like myself can comprehend, surely.
What has caused the Ice ages?
What has allowed the ice ages to retreat to the tropical paradise we now have?

If it is all that understandable surely you can let me in on the secret.

Because buddy, from what I have read, studied and attempted to understand, NO ONE can explain with any undeniable and inarguable way why it has happened and when it will happen again.

So, please enlighten me...........I really want to know........Truely

Still waiting.............. Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #29 - May 25th, 2016 at 8:59pm

Valkie wrote on May 25th, 2016 at 8:21pm:
Valkie wrote on May 24th, 2016 at 7:32am:
rabbitoh08 wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 11:52pm:
lee wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 6:02pm:
Laugh till you cry wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 5:41pm:
You need to re-calibrate your slide rule and abacus. Your calculations are around 200% off.

You seem to be mistaken in your calculations according to US EPA which depicts ~ 0.7 C rise in 3 decades:

Your graph shows about 0.7ºF, not C,over 3 decades, which is about 0.39ºC over 3 decades. But errors creep in when you take the data, measured in degrees from the buoys, convert to zettajoules and then instead of taking your original temperature, convert it back to degrees again, so compounding any errors.

I wonder just how many cumulative errors, equipment errors and just plain old human errors have crept into the data presented since the 1900s?

Quite a lot.  I suggest you actually read some scientific literature on the subject where the errors are identified, quantified and discussed - and ignore Lees ignorant ranting

And we still are no closer to knowing what has caused the ice ages and heating cycles that this highly complex and very dynamic rock we live on.

If you actually read some scientific literature on the subject - perhaps it would not be such a mystery to you.

Please, Please enlighten me?
I would really like to know what has been the reason for the Earth's cyclic climate change.

It should be quite simple to explain in simple words so that an uneducated mug like myself can comprehend, surely.
What has caused the Ice ages?
What has allowed the ice ages to retreat to the tropical paradise we now have?

If it is all that understandable surely you can let me in on the secret.

Because buddy, from what I have read, studied and attempted to understand, NO ONE can explain with any undeniable and inarguable way why it has happened and when it will happen again.

So, please enlighten me...........I really want to know........Truely

Still waiting.............. Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Download Google and get a 5 year old child to explain to Valkie how to search with it. All the information is there for those people with a real thirst for knowledge.

Valkie, you are a cretin! If you do indeed have
a genuine tertiary education qualification
you should demand your tuition fees back because your educators were evidently incompetent.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print