Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
libs running scared (Read 1154 times)
John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

libs running scared
Apr 30th, 2016 at 10:59am

A politically explosive decision on the future of penalty rates now appears highly unlikely to be announced during the federal election campaign.

Employer groups want Sunday loadings cut to Saturday levels for hundreds of thousands of hospitality, retail and entertainment workers.

Federal Labor and unions strongly oppose such a move.

It was thought the independent Fair Work Commission (FWC) could hand down its decision before an expected double dissolution poll on July 2.

But the FWC has agreed to take more evidence until June 3 from employers and unions.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-29/penalty-rate-announcement-unlikely-before-...

Call me a cynic, but whats the bet this 'more evidence' was initiated by the libs fan boys?

they announce their decision before the election so each party can decide where it stands, and then let the voters decide.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: libs running scared
Reply #1 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 11:08am

I am sure the unions will use penalty rates as a weapon.during the run up''

so never fear..

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 11:08am

cods wrote on Apr 30th, 2016 at 11:08am:

so never fear..

and why shouldn't they?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #3 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 11:12am

John Smith wrote on Apr 30th, 2016 at 11:08am:

so never fear..

and why shouldn't they?

Exactly, we already know the Libtards want workchoices 2.0

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 11:18am

I am sure the unions will use penalty rates as a weapon.during the run up

I certainly hope so.

What sort of scumbag would want to take away money from some of the lowest paid workers in the country?

IP Logged

Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Reply #5 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 11:18am

How quickly some forget Senator Ron Boswell running up Howard and advising him that the Coalition now controlled both houses.  And within weeks we had workchoices and a few other obnoxious anti worker legislation passed through both houses.    And an arrogant Government to boot

No party should have control of both houses - and if the Unions wish to run a campaign that will stop that happening, I am all for it.   After all, business are running their campaigns for it, so it should all come down to which rusted on votes for whom

Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies

IP Logged

Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Reply #6 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 11:20am

John Smith wrote on Apr 30th, 2016 at 10:59am:
A politically explosive decision on the future of penalty rates now appears highly unlikely to be announced during the federal election campaign.

Employer groups want Sunday loadings cut to Saturday levels for hundreds of thousands of hospitality, retail and entertainment workers.

It was thought the independent Fair Work Commission (FWC) could hand down its decision before an expected double dissolution poll on July 2.

But the FWC has agreed to take more evidence until June 3 from employers and unions.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-29/penalty-rate-announcement-unlikely-before-...

Call me a cynic, but whats the bet this 'more evidence' was initiated by the libs fan boys?

they announce their decision before the election so each party can decide where it stands, and then let the voters decide.

And I am sure if the penalty rates go, then that would be quickly followed by the demise of the 10%, 15% or in some cases 20% surcharge some places charge?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 11:23am

Vic wrote on Apr 30th, 2016 at 11:20am:
And I am sure if the penalty rates go, then that would be quickly followed by the demise of the 10%, 15% or in some cases 20% surcharge some places charge?

I wouldn't be holding your breath waiting for that to happen if I was you!

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 11:23am

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #9 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 11:29am

Shouldn't be there in the first place as you just wouldn't go in to business with a model that didn't factor penalty and PH prices in to equation the other 5 days a week they sell you an overpriced feed or coffee, I eat elsewhere when I see a surcharge , you wont be double dipping from my wallet business owners , pay your employees for working unsociable hours .

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 11:30am

greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 30th, 2016 at 11:18am:
I am sure the unions will use penalty rates as a weapon.during the run up

I certainly hope so.

What sort of scumbag would want to take away money from some of the lowest paid workers in the country?

http://www.cesarmelhem.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/penaltyrates-350x175.jp...

they are not the lowest paid in the country anymore... did you check out the HSU members..... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes..

hospitality get tips.....not all I grant you but a lot do...which is great..........

you are suggesting people live on their penalty rates...

so what if that business cannot afford to open on Sat afternoon and Sunday....and even worse Public holidays.........what if they say no more....that person is out of work??... completely.....

I can see both sides of this....why should someone who chooses to work weekends.. get paid more than someone who chooses to work on a Wednesday...

serving a cup of coffee on a Sunday isnt any harder than a Wed...

and he chooses to work weekends.. he is not forced into it......

yes if the boss man says right you wont work Sundays then you wont get work Wed..........

but I havent heard of that being the case..

I have heard of people being favoured to receive Sunday work when on offer.. Sad

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 11:32am

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

only an idiot would pay  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 11:54am

cods wrote on Apr 30th, 2016 at 11:30am:
....why should someone who chooses to work weekends.. get paid more than someone who chooses to work on a Wednesday...

Simple: working weekends in unsocial.

"A penalty rate for Sunday work was first implemented in Australia for working “unsocial” hours in 1919.

"The 1947 “Weekend Penalty Rates Case” expanded penalty rates to Saturdays, while Sundays were set at a rate of double time.

"Later decisions specified that workers would need to be compensated for the loss of opportunity for family life and social time resulting from weekend work."

Penalty Rates

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #13 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 12:00pm

I'll vote Libbo if they bring back the death penalty for buggery.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 12:01pm

Bobby. wrote on Apr 30th, 2016 at 12:00pm:
I'll vote Libbo if they bring back the death penalty for buggery.

Get a bit drunk last night, did you Booby?

Walking a bit funny this morning?

Wink

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print