Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Thoughts on these Koran quotes righties? (Read 11071 times)
Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Thoughts on these Koran quotes righties?
Apr 24th, 2016 at 2:04am

To the woman he said, "I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing; with pain you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you

If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the girl's virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father's house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death

A woman should learn in quietness and full submission

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Thoughts on these Koran quotes righties?
Reply #1 - Apr 24th, 2016 at 2:40am

They'd be Bible quotes, wouldn't they?

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.
(Colossians 3:18; cf. 1 Peter 3:1 and Ephesians 5:22)

... I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man...For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, foreasmuch as he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man. For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
(1 Corinthians 11:3 & 7-9)

Let your women keep silence in churches: for it is not permitted unto them; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also sayeth the law.
(1 Corinthians 14:34, c/f 1 Corinthians 11:3-9 & Timothy 2:11-12)

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Super Nova
Gold Member

Everywhere
Reply #2 - Apr 24th, 2016 at 2:57am

Great reply mothra.

They are both ancient documents. Christians had a reformation. Islam have not.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Apr 24th, 2016 at 3:07am

Super Nova wrote on Apr 24th, 2016 at 2:57am:
Great reply mothra.

True, Super. And the purpose of that Reformation was to bring the church’s focus back to the teachings of the Bible.

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #4 - Apr 24th, 2016 at 3:18am

I was hoping you would pick up on the web I spun for the righties , I would've reeled in at least 3

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Apr 24th, 2016 at 3:25am

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 24th, 2016 at 3:07am:
Super Nova wrote on Apr 24th, 2016 at 2:57am:
Great reply mothra.

True, Super. And the purpose of that Reformation was to bring the church’s focus back to the teachings of the Bible.

Ahhh. Original sin. Women and our naughty bits are responsible for all of the world's troubles.

Best make sure we can only serve. Like Nuns.

An interesting contrast to what Mohammed had to say about women ... but who's quibbling?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Apr 24th, 2016 at 3:26am

Its time wrote on Apr 24th, 2016 at 3:18am:
I was hoping you would pick up on the web I spun for the righties , I would've reeled in at least 3

Sorry Lefty. Couldn't help myself.

This should still be interesting though. Let us see.

IP Logged

GordyL
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Hate Town
Reply #7 - Apr 24th, 2016 at 7:19am

Nice words.  Would you rather be a woman in Australia or....

YaBB_pl__1__003.jpeg (65 KB | 116 )
YaBB_pl__1__003.jpeg

On the Ning Nang Nong
Where the Cows go Bong!
and the monkeys all say BOO!
IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #8 - Apr 24th, 2016 at 8:53am

How come Leftwinger missed these ???

This, from Paul [the 'woman hater'];

Colossians 3:18
Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.
19  Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.

Ephesians 5:22
Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
23  For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
24  Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
25  Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
26  That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
27  That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
28  So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

But what about the teaching of respect for women and their moral dignity, from within ISLAM ?

Oh!   There's lots of respect for women, from within ISLAM !          Tongue

Mohammed declared that "the majority of the dwellers of Hell..." were women, coz women are morally and intellectually defective.

"Once Allah's Apostle went out to the Musalla (to offer the prayer) o 'Id-al-Adha or Al-Fitr prayer. Then he passed by the women and said, "O women! Give alms, as I have seen that the majority of the dwellers of Hell-fire were you (women)." They asked, "Why is it so, O Allah's Apostle ?" He replied, "You curse frequently and are ungrateful to your husbands. I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you. A cautious sensible man could be led astray by some of you." The women asked, "O Allah's Apostle! What is deficient in our intelligence and religion?" He said, "Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?" They replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her intelligence. Isn't it true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?" The women replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her religion." "
hadithsunnah/bukhari/ #001.006.301
and,
hadithsunnah/bukhari/ #002.024.541

AND......

Yadda said....
Quote:

+++
THE 'RIGHTS'(?) OF WOMEN IN ISLAM e.g. #1

The Koran [Allah] instructs moslems to beat disobedient wives, but ever so lightly.

And you know, don't you, that moslem men do beat their wives,...ever so lightly.

"Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all)."
Koran 4.034

Actually, i have read somewhere, that the 'clarifying' insertion "(lightly)", DOES NOT APPEAR IN THE ARABIC KORAN.

And that this 'insertion' is [has been] added in some English translations of the Koran - to mislead those readers of the English translation of the Koran, one can only assume.

+++
THE 'RIGHTS'(?) OF WOMEN IN ISLAM e.g. #2

IMO, within ISLAM, women have the status of cattle or 'fields'.

The Koran [i.e. Allah] states that the woman, the wife, has the status of a field [of earth, 'tilth'].

And her husband may use her [plough her] as he wishes ['how ye will'].

And remember that every word in the Koran, has the sanctity of coming directly from Allah himself.

And remember also, that Allah is never wrong, mistaken.

"Your wives are as a tilth unto you; so approach your tilth when or how ye will; but do some good act for your souls beforehand; and fear Allah. And know that ye are to meet Him (in the Hereafter), and give (these) good tidings to those who believe."
Koran 2.223

Dictionary;
tilth = = cultivation of land; tillage.

+++
THE 'RIGHTS'(?) OF WOMEN IN ISLAM e.g. #3

Under ISLAMIC inheritance law.
Any daughter receives 1/2 the entitlement of any male heir.
e.g.
Where there is a son, and a daughter, to inherit an estate.
The estate is divided into 3 parts.
The son receives 2 parts.
The daughter receives 1 part.

"Allah (thus) directs you as regards your Children's (Inheritance): to the male, a portion equal to that of two females: if only daughters, two or more, their share is two-thirds of the inheritance; if only one, her share is a half...."
Koran 4.11

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #9 - Apr 24th, 2016 at 9:03am

Its time wrote on Apr 24th, 2016 at 2:04am:
To the woman he said, "I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing; with pain you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you

God addressing Eve,      .....after the fall.

If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the girl's virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father's house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death

Punishment applicable to immoral women, among the Ancient Hebrews.
Having taken an oath to be a holy people, unto their God, YAHWEH.

Leviticus 11:44
For I am the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy:....

Leviticus 19:2
Speak unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them, Ye shall be holy: for I the LORD your God am holy.

Christian doctrine teaches that women ought to be Godly and modest,       .....as men too ought to be.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Apr 24th, 2016 at 1:08pm

GordyL wrote on Apr 24th, 2016 at 7:19am:
Nice words.  Would you rather be a woman in Australia or....

Or Roman Palestine?

I’ll take Australia thanks, Gordy. Our forefathers had this thing called the Enlightenment. It got the church’s teachings out of our decision making.

If it wasn’t for Locke, Hume, Rousseau, etc, people like Fred Nile, Gorge Pell and Peter Jensen would still be our bosses.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Apr 24th, 2016 at 1:12pm

Yadda wrote on Apr 24th, 2016 at 9:03am:

For I am the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy:....

Speak unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them, Ye shall be holy: for I the LORD your God am holy.

Christian doctrine teaches that women ought to be Godly and modest,       .....as men too ought to be.

Sorry, Y, you missed the bit about the stonings and burnings and beheadings.

You always forget them.

Maybe you should tie a piece of string around your finger or something, mm?

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #12 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 11:57pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 24th, 2016 at 1:12pm:

You always forget them.

It's strange that he would want to avoid it mmm

IP Logged

Binary

Serious Business

WA
Reply #13 - Apr 27th, 2016 at 2:34am

All religious texts were written in ancient times where most men and women did not know how to read or write.

Of course they would seem outdated or misogynistic, they were written hundreds and hundreds of years ago.

That is why they should be reflected on rather than taken verbatim.

The biggest problem isn't what the scripture says, but the people who say each word must be followed to the letter.

The messages that have survived and are still relevant are the ones we seek to find through study of the texts.

You will likely find the majority of this extremism within Islam.

"Coles is run like muslim organisation." - Sir James, ozpolitic.com

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Apr 27th, 2016 at 10:03am

Its time wrote on Apr 26th, 2016 at 11:57pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 24th, 2016 at 1:12pm:

You always forget them.

It's strange that he would want to avoid it mmm

It is strange. Y, by his own admission, is an "Old Testament" Christian - a "karmic" Christian - and by this he means he believes in an eye for an eye. 

The prophet Yeheshua, peace be upon Him,  taught that the most important law is to love one another.

Y forgets this bit too.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print