Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
Send Topic Print
Science in Islamic countries (Read 17182 times)
polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: Science in Islamic countries
Reply #60 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 10:24am

Wow FD, thats a pretty long-winded way to deflect from the fact that I never said that "Muslims do not really mean what they say"

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 12:17pm

It’s also the most out of touch analysis of Malaysian politics today, which is focussed almost solely on high end corruption and, as always, economic development.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #62 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 12:37pm

...interspersed with efforts to reintroduce the death penalty for blasphemy. How do you think that would be going without the constitution they inherited from the British?

Gandalf, how else would you describe your spineless apologetics for Malaysian Islamic fundamentalism? Just a bit of a misunderstanding? A nasty trick by the ever-conservative Pew society?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 12:43pm

freediver wrote on Apr 30th, 2016 at 12:37pm:
...interspersed with efforts to reintroduce the death penalty for blasphemy. How do you think that would be going without the constitution they inherited from the British?

Are you referring to Malaysia, FD, or the colony of Malaya?

I’m curious.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #64 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 1:52pm

Gandalf, how else would you describe your spineless apologetics for Malaysian Islamic fundamentalism? Just a bit of a misunderstanding? A nasty trick by the ever-conservative Pew society?

This is FD yet again demanding I repeat an entire 20+ page discussion, rather than understand what I actually said the first time.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 1:55pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Apr 30th, 2016 at 1:52pm:

This is FD yet again demanding I repeat an entire 20+ page discussion, rather than understand what I actually said the first time.

Yes, G, but shurely you support these Malayan.calls for beheading apostates. That’s what FD’s getting at here.

Remember, you have to say yes because you’re a Moslem.

IP Logged

Ashley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 2:01pm

True

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #67 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 2:13pm

It was only 20 pages because of your efforts at evasion. I'll make it very simple for you to deny your apologist stance on this:

Do all those Malaysian Muslims who say they support the death penalty for apostasy really mean what they say?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #68 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 2:25pm

freediver wrote on Apr 30th, 2016 at 2:13pm:
Do all those Malaysian Muslims who say they support the death penalty for apostasy really mean what they say?

Yes. And of course you would have known that if you were paying attention to the original discussion.

Quote:

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 2:32pm

It was only 20 pages because of your efforts at evasion. I'll make it very simple for you to deny your apologist stance on this:

Did somebody say evasion?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #70 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 3:05pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Apr 30th, 2016 at 2:25pm:

Yes. And of course you would have known that if you were paying attention to the original discussion.

Would they change their mind if actually given a genuine chance to achieve this?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 4:45pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 30th, 2016 at 2:32pm:

Did somebody say evasion?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 6:31pm

Gandalf, where do you see yourself on the orthodox-backsliding-apostate Muslim continuum, 0 being a raging homosexual jew-sympathising rent-boy apostate and 100 being a fully bearded/burqad, observant, sharia is the only way orthodox?

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #73 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 6:49pm

freediver wrote on Apr 30th, 2016 at 3:05pm:

Would they change their mind if actually given a genuine chance to achieve this?

In my opinion, answering 'yes' or 'no' on a hypothetical, inconsequential survey is vastly different to actually voting to implement the law - so its very likely they would change their mind.

And yet in both instances they would "mean what they say" - thats the bit you don't seem to get.

Quote:

IP Logged

Ashley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 7:23pm

"answering 'yes' or 'no' on a hypothetical, inconsequential survey is vastly different to actually voting to implement the law - so its very likely they would change their mind."

That's Gold  Grin Grin Grin

Why on earth would they change their mind they have no reason to lie in the first place Grin.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
Send Topic Print