Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Should Britain be ashamed of colonial past (Read 23012 times)
bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Should Britain be ashamed of colonial past
Apr 12th, 2016 at 2:13pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03pnkhm

If you listen to this you would be forgiven for thinking Oxford is now populated by, run for and expounding the views of the haters of everything white.
Quite an eye opener. Open your wallets and be prepared to be asked for reparations.

And if you want my opinion, Africa & India etc should be grateful for the British Empire, without which they would still be where they were 200 years ago and exploited by local tribal chiefs and feudal overlords.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Should Britain be ashamed of colonial past
Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 2:26pm

its amassing how people will do anything to change history.......

as for using words like gratitude....unheard of..

if history was ever going to be repeated I would hope it was China that came up with the explorers and INVADERS ... I would love to see all these black people being controlled by China?????....

does anyone know how many blacks are in China....????

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 2:29pm

hey boges I bet if India hadnt chucked the Brits out... the Ganges River would be clean as a whistle... and no child labor being used... hohum..

we all know what happened to Rhodesia... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I wonder how many of them want to go back??????

IP Logged

innocentbystander.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 2:36pm

All you need to know is lefties are white ants and civilised society is wood, somebody said to me the other day the Romans would have gone to the Moon 1000 years ago if it wasn't for the left.  Sad

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 2:54pm

innocentbystander. wrote on Apr 12th, 2016 at 2:36pm:
All you need to know is lefties are white ants and civilised society is wood, somebody said to me the other day the Romans would have gone to the Moon 1000 years ago if it wasn't for the left.  Sad

hahaha...

dont you love it when people complain about a fast train service in this country

guess what they claim we dont need it.. you can fly.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 3:08pm

bogarde73 wrote on Apr 12th, 2016 at 2:13pm:

If you listen to this you would be forgiven for thinking Oxford is now populated by, run for and expounding the views of the haters of everything white.
Quite an eye opener. Open your wallets and be prepared to be asked for reparations.

And if you want my opinion, Africa & India etc should be grateful for the British Empire, without which they would still be where they were 200 years ago and exploited by local tribal chiefs and feudal overlords.

Any debt Britain owed to the Indians and the Africans has long since been repaid through Britain's inventions in technology and the developments in medical science that they have adopted in their own countries.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 3:11pm

cods wrote on Apr 12th, 2016 at 2:26pm:

Six - and one on the way.

I counted them last time I was there.

That's how few there are.

IP Logged

GordyL
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Hate Town
Reply #7 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 3:26pm

No culture should be ashamed about anything their ancestors have done.

There should be cultural HONESTY.

India is probably a better place from English colonization.

One thing I know for certain is if you're going to be colonised, thank which ever god you pray to it's the English over the Germans, Belgium or Froggys.

On the Ning Nang Nong
Where the Cows go Bong!
and the monkeys all say BOO!
IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 3:31pm

GordyL wrote on Apr 12th, 2016 at 3:26pm:
No culture should be ashamed about anything their ancestors have done.

There should be cultural HONESTY.

India is probably a better place from English colonization.

One thing I know for certain is if you're going to be colonised, thank which ever god you pray to it's the English over the Germans, Belgium or Froggys.

At this very moment several Royals are being feted and feasted and glorified in India by the leading elite.

IP Logged

GordyL
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Hate Town
Reply #9 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 3:35pm

its amassing how people will do anything to change history.......

as for using words like gratitude....unheard of..

if history was ever going to be repeated I would hope it was China that came up with the explorers and INVADERS ... I would love to see all these black people being controlled by China?????....

I've spent a good deal of time in Vietnam. There was not a single African expat when I left in 2005. I popped back for a visit in 2007 and the place was crawling with Nigerians getting up to the naughty things that Nigerians tend to do.

Last time I was there a few years ago, most of them were gorn Smiley

The Vietnamese government, concerned by alleged negative activities of Nigerian immigrants, reportedly imposed a blanket ban on Nigerian entry to Vietnam in February 2009. Nigerians in Vietnam have been involved in drug trafficking, fraud, scamming, cyber fraud and other illegal activities. The crackdown even applied to government officials and legitimate business people.[5] The straw which broke the camel's back was reported to be the murder of a Nigerian citizen by one of his countrymen in HCMC.[1] Vietnamese officials also summoned the Nigerian ambassador to register their complaints.

I'm all for giving people a go, but when it doesn't work out we need a very strong mechanism to say, you know, this isn't working out so well. Cya.

On the Ning Nang Nong
Where the Cows go Bong!
IP Logged

innocentbystander.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 3:44pm

GordyL wrote on Apr 12th, 2016 at 3:35pm:
I'm all for giving people a go, but when it doesn't work out we need a very strong mechanism to say, you know, this isn't working out so well. Cya.

Well thats a very un left like attitude, what the left say is this isn't working out so lets double up on it in triplicate.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

GordyL
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Hate Town
Reply #11 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 3:55pm

innocentbystander. wrote on Apr 12th, 2016 at 3:44pm:

Well thats a very un left like attitude, what the left say is this isn't working out so lets double up on it in triplicate.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy   

I'm a racist leftward tho, so I have the genetic flaw that wants to do good for the whole world but it only has to blow up once before I crack the sh!ts and say kick the trouble maker out  Wink

On the Ning Nang Nong
Where the Cows go Bong!
IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Apr 13th, 2016 at 10:49am

I read somewhere that britain ran the whole of the sudan with 100 civil servants

The alphas must approach these beta civilisations with a spirit of contribution.

Britain had a moral obligation to make the world british.

It fell off this mission after WW2 and settled for staying in the comfort zone, free false teeth and public housing.

It is death to any cohort of people when the betas are allowed to decide policy.
nature will not allow it.

One needs to get on board with the new alphas of europe...the muslims

I dont dislike them.
I admire their "alpha qualities'
they are the new movers and shakers and innovators, risk takers. they are at the cause and the betas are at the effect.

If the betas havent the stomach to stand up to them, then they lose.  Good riddance to bad rubbish.
the muslims are hopefully going to do europe a favour by perpetrating a "final solution" on the beta's.
It almost makes me want to go see western union and send them some money.
everyone loves a winner  Wink

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #13 - Apr 13th, 2016 at 10:56am

cods wrote on Apr 12th, 2016 at 2:54pm:

hahaha...

dont you love it when people complain about a fast train service in this country

guess what they claim we dont need it.. you can fly.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Indeed. I mean apart from all the blue sky thinking, does it actually stack up right now as a viable project?

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #14 - Apr 13th, 2016 at 12:32pm

They should be shamed of their colonial present. There was once a time when you could talk to any limey on the subject of literature and not only did they know it, they would correct you on it as well. Nowadays, most limeys are like "Oi mate! Toilet, innit?"

Yes, you guessed it the modern capitalist educational system at work.

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #15 - Apr 13th, 2016 at 1:57pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 12th, 2016 at 3:08pm:

Any debt Britain owed to the Indians and the Africans has long since been repaid through Britain's inventions in technology and the developments in medical science that they have adopted in their own countries.

not to mention they have now almost as many of their subjects living in Britain.....and they have back in their old country...

I wonder how many are living on the British welfare system..

which they are not too proud to take btw..

how about the Brits bring in a no welfare unless your great great great great grand parent was born in Britain...

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #16 - Apr 13th, 2016 at 2:12pm

Marla wrote on Apr 13th, 2016 at 12:32pm:
the subject of literature and not only did they know it, they would correct you on it as well. Nowadays, most limeys are like "Oi mate! Toilet, innit?"

That would be grammar, you wank fool, but the wanks know all about using correct grammar don't they...........NOT!

Route = Rowt

Often or quite often = Often times

Night = Nite

I could go on about how the wanks have bastardised the English Language, but I think most know about it, even some wanks.......... Grin Grin Grin

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #17 - Apr 13th, 2016 at 2:18pm

They should be shamed of their colonial present. There was once a time when you could talk to any limey on the subject of literature and not only did they know it, they would correct you on it as well. Nowadays, most limeys are like "Oi mate! Toilet, innit?"

WE of the privately-educated Upper Middle Class elite are still here, but due to class envy and working class reverse snobbery, and Social-Marxist Theory being the pervasive ethic of our current post-WWII era - WE prefer to keep a low profile so as not to excite the Great Unwashed to storm the ramparts of our country mansions. 
*sniff*

Pig's arse, BITCH!

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #18 - Apr 13th, 2016 at 3:52pm

Needless to say to anyone who keeps an eye on British justice and the decisions of the politicians - the country is a disgrace and an embarrassment for its Far Leftwing fag-arsed responses to matters that clearly merit jail-time with no option for early parole.

"Teenage son of one of four men jailed for child sex crimes in scandal-hit Rotherham walks free from court despite intimidating a witness who was due to give evidence against his family"

link

It leaves you speechless and shaking your head in disbelief.

Is this what Britain fought Hitler for?

It has become a nation whose leading public servants are not even vaguely in touch with majority-public sentiment.

IP Logged

Cofgod
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Bolton, Great Britain
Reply #19 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 3:09am

Had it not been for the British Empire, Australia as we know it would not exist. Australia would likely have become a French colony instead...

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #20 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 3:28am

Fuzzball wrote on Apr 13th, 2016 at 2:12pm:
That would be grammar, you wank fool, but the wanks know all about using correct grammar don't they...........NOT!

No, literature and literature references you chronically unemployed troll.

I could go on about how the wanks have bastardised the English Language, but I think most know about it, even some wanks.......... Grin Grin Grin

Right. Because without the "wanks" pussies like yourself would be speaking Japanese right about now.

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #21 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 6:34am

Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 12th, 2016 at 3:11pm:

^^^ that is total BS. There are tens of thousands of Africans in China, many of them residing there illegally.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #22 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 7:41am

Marla wrote on Apr 14th, 2016 at 3:28am:

Right. Because without the "wanks" pussies like yourself would be speaking Japanese right about now.

Maybe Japanese is a grammatical improvement to the utter ignorant cr@p that you post.... bitch.....or should I say plonker......Marlon...

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #23 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 7:57am

And maybe those same Japanese would kick you pussy racist ass to the curb. And who knows? Mayeb those same Japanese would put some smacking culture into your country. Better then what exist there now, troll.

http://alltogethernow.org.au/racism/

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 8:05am

As opposed to the OLD capitalist education system, you seem to be saying. And I agree.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #25 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 9:02am

Marla wrote on Apr 14th, 2016 at 3:28am:

Apparently not - although I doubt what the forensic historians say about the Nipponese intentions during the war: to wit - Japan never had any plans to invade mainland Australia. (So what were the subs doing up in Sydney Harbour?)

And if you believe these 'experts' - then I've got shares in the Sydney Opera House I would like to sell you.

THANK GOD FOR THE YANKS! Most of them were of Irish or Italian background who saved Britain from Hitler and Australia from Tojo.

NEVER be too proud to say a quiet "Thank you" to the Americans who lost thousands of their young men when they could all have stayed at home after cleaning up 'Pearl Harbour'.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #26 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 9:08am

GordyL wrote on Apr 12th, 2016 at 3:55pm:
innocentbystander. wrote on Apr 12th, 2016 at 3:44pm:

I'm a racist leftward tho, so I have the genetic flaw that wants to do good for the whole world but it only has to blow up once before I crack the sh!ts and say kick the trouble maker out  Wink

Man of my own heart Gordy,

in my case must be the failed catholic upbringing still maintaining some influence!

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #27 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 9:12am

Cofgod wrote on Apr 14th, 2016 at 3:09am:
Had it not been for the British Empire, Australia as we know it would not exist. Australia would likely have become a French colony instead...

That may not have been a bad option!

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 9:19am

Redmond Neck wrote on Apr 14th, 2016 at 9:12am:
Cofgod wrote on Apr 14th, 2016 at 3:09am:

That may not have been a bad option!
I would be for you. For without anglo Australia you probably wouldn't exist.

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 9:47am

I do not think we should be ashamed of colonial past.    The past is past.  I mean why stop at British colonialism.  Humanity is filled full of history of conflicts, and wars.   But what is important, that we learn from the past, correct the mistakes, adapt and change, so that we have brighter future.

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #30 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 4:54pm

I guess Australian Aborigines should be especially grateful to British Empire.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #31 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 4:56pm

Sorry What's been civilized about British Empire?.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #32 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 5:01pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 12th, 2016 at 3:11pm:

Chinese didn't bring black slaves from Africa.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #33 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 6:15pm

capitosinora wrote on Apr 14th, 2016 at 4:54pm:

Very well said.

Of all the different ethnicities that have migrated to Australia for a better life, the Abos are the luckiest for having a First World civilisation developed in their own backyard that is the envy of all the world.

It is entirely up to the individual Aborigine whether or not he wants to access the sort of jobs that have given millions of migrants their own home, a car in the drive-way, etc etc.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #34 - Apr 15th, 2016 at 2:52am

Riiiiiight. The Aborigines inherited the absolute sociopathic dregs of society placed there due to prison overcrowding in the "mother country." Like I said, there is little in the way of culture in Australia mainly due to being neglected by those who started it in the first place.

Just more racist revisionist horseshit brought to you by Herbie's zealous mouth.

IP Logged

The Heartless Felon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Apr 15th, 2016 at 5:41am

Marla wrote on Apr 15th, 2016 at 2:52am:
Riiiiiight. The Aborigines inherited the absolute sociopathic dregs of society placed there due to prison overcrowding in the "mother country." Like I said, there is little in the way of culture in Australia mainly due to being neglected by those who started it in the first place.

Just more racist revisionist horseshit brought to you by Herbie's zealous mouth.

Not forgetting of course, that these 'absolute sociopathic dregs of society' were sent to Oz because they could no longer be exported to your 13 colonies...

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #36 - Apr 15th, 2016 at 6:30am

Warms my heart to know Herb was never welcome here.

IP Logged

The Heartless Felon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Apr 15th, 2016 at 6:53am

According to some, he's not that welcome here either...

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #38 - Apr 15th, 2016 at 7:18am

So! The student has returned to hurl abuse at her mentor! The sheer sass of these goddamned American toolbag bitches sucks the oxygen out of the room! A good bare-bottomed spanking is what is required to hush her mouth and teach her some respect for the wisdom of Senior Citizens.

The Royals are at this very moment being feted in India with all the respect due them for being descendants of the greatest benign Empire in the history of Mankind. They are being showered with rose petals and curry powder wherever they go, accompanied by Bollywood performances at every venue they arrive at.

Now, WHAT would this suggest to you, Grasshopper?

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #39 - Apr 15th, 2016 at 7:28am

Capitalist submission.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #40 - Apr 15th, 2016 at 7:37am

Marla wrote on Apr 15th, 2016 at 6:30am:
Warms my heart to know Herb was never welcome here.

I was strongly advised to emigrate to Canada but chose instead to bless the Aussie people with my Divine Presence as a gesture of Goodwill from the aristocracy of the Mother Country.

After having researched Canada, and having gone to school with a Canadian from Toronto, I decided that living in an abattoir's Cold Room for the rest of my life was not for me.

The one thing I did regret for not going to Canada was the awesome and absolutely stunning scenery that has no equal in the world.

Unfortunately, the price of living in Australia is that it is a sunburnt country with no scenery whatsoever to gladden the heart and the aesthetic senses.

It's composed of the sort of ugliness that only a mother could love ...  Cool

Here's Dorothea Mackellar and 'A Sunburnt Country' ... (and can someone please tell me WHY she trills her 'r's' annoyingly).

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #41 - Apr 15th, 2016 at 7:39am

Marla wrote on Apr 15th, 2016 at 7:28am:
Capitalist submission.

This deserves ANOTHER spanking ...

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Apr 15th, 2016 at 7:59am

'No way of culture in Australia'. Thanks for rock and roll wrestling, Justin Bieber and Walmart!

IP Logged

The Heartless Felon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Apr 15th, 2016 at 8:02am

Certainly merits a good spanking Herb: it should have been 'Post-Colonial submission'.

I'm glad that when those pommy freeloaders visit us we don't fawn over them, instead we manage to maintain an aloof dignity.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #44 - Apr 15th, 2016 at 8:11am

Apart from Moraine Lake, Canada is not that scenic. There are ghettos in Denver more beautiful than the entire province of Manitoba.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #45 - Apr 15th, 2016 at 8:17am

The Heartless Felon wrote on Apr 15th, 2016 at 8:02am:
Certainly merits a good spanking Herb: it should have been 'Post-Colonial submission'.

I'm glad that when those pommy freeloaders visit us we don't fawn over them, instead we manage to maintain an aloof dignity.

Quite so.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #46 - Apr 15th, 2016 at 8:28am

Marla wrote on Apr 15th, 2016 at 8:11am:
Apart from Moraine Lake, Canada is not that scenic. There are ghettos in Denver more beautiful than the entire province of Manitoba.

It's the age of Electronic media ... television documentaries ... tourist brochures ... etc.

Over the years I've watched hundreds of hours of documentary footage showing Canada's fabulous pine forests, mountain ranges and lush green valleys, crystal clear lakes, waterfalls, rivers and rapids, beautiful coastal stretches, azure skies, etc etc.

And all of it changing colour, texture, and appearance with the four seasons.

Heaven on a stick.

It's just such a pity it's so goddamned cold, but I understand there are now whole cities built underground where you can travel for miles in air-conditioned comfort.

I recently discovered two separate cousinly branches of my family living in Canada - Toronto and Vancouver. I've been invited to crash at their places if I ever find myself passing through that way.

I've checked out the Moraine Lake on Google. Spectacular, but you wouldn't want to go walking in those woods during the teddy bear season.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #47 - Apr 15th, 2016 at 8:37am

I'll take the Maroon Bells over any scenic shithole in the frozen hillbilly tundra any day. At least you get autumn here.

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #48 - Apr 15th, 2016 at 9:25am

Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 14th, 2016 at 6:15pm:
capitosinora wrote on Apr 14th, 2016 at 4:54pm:

Very well said.

Of all the different ethnicities that have migrated to Australia for a better life, the Abos are the luckiest for having a First World civilisation developed in their own backyard that is the envy of all the world.

It is entirely up to the individual Aborigine whether or not he wants to access the sort of jobs that have given millions of migrants their own home, a car in the drive-way, etc etc.

It looks British created Australian nation to blame someone else for what they did to Aborigines. Just wondering who should "apologize" Aussies or British?.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #49 - Apr 15th, 2016 at 10:37am

That's injun country.

I hope you European invaders have given your 'Sorry-Ass Day' to them local Utes, Arapaho, Navajos, and Apaches.

Don't forget to drop a few pennies into the slot machines at their casinos from time to time as penance for past wrongdoings.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Apr 15th, 2016 at 11:14am

The Bible states, 'the father ate wild grapes and set the son's teeth on edge'. Kevin Rudd apologised for our ancestors  in the 'sorry' speech. Never heard?

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #51 - Apr 15th, 2016 at 11:45am

Might start a book on how long before the radical students (is there another kind?) want to pull down statues of Governor Macquarie.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #52 - Apr 15th, 2016 at 12:35pm

capitosinora wrote on Apr 15th, 2016 at 9:25am:
It looks British created Australian nation to blame someone else for what they did to Aborigines. Just wondering who should "apologize" Aussies or British?.

You should apologise for wasting oxygen.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #53 - Apr 15th, 2016 at 2:28pm

Which are the countries that never colonised, and how much Foreign Aid are they receiving each year from the countries that did colonise?

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #54 - Apr 15th, 2016 at 7:39pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 15th, 2016 at 10:37am:
That's injun country.

I hope you
European
invaders have given your 'Sorry-Ass Day' to them local Utes, Arapaho, Navajos, and Apaches.

Don't forget to drop a few pennies into the slot machines at their casinos from time to time as penance for past wrongdoings.

Looks someone is so ignorant.
They were British (not European) invaders. What does it have to do Britain with Europe?.
Fortunately, unlike some others, America managed to get rid of them which was pritex of becoming No1 power in the world.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #55 - Apr 15th, 2016 at 10:26pm

And these sociopathic dregs took one of the harshest, inhospitable and infertile places in the planet and turned it into a stable highly evolved social democracy with the 2nd highest standard of living and life expectancy on the planet. Oh yeah, and even with Australians being horrible racists theres around 10 times more Aboriginal people here than when Europeans first arrived. Hows that compare with the US? Just wondering. God youre an uneducated dumb tart.

IP Logged

ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #56 - Apr 15th, 2016 at 10:27pm

capitosinora wrote on Apr 15th, 2016 at 7:39pm:
That's injun country.

I hope you
European
invaders have given your 'Sorry-Ass Day' to them local Utes, Arapaho, Navajos, and Apaches.

They were British (not European) invaders. What does it have to do Britain with Europe?.
Fortunately, unlike some others, America managed to get rid of them which was pritex of becoming No1 power in the world.

Another American idiot. where do you think Britain is? South America? Fool.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #57 - Apr 16th, 2016 at 6:21am

ian wrote on Apr 15th, 2016 at 10:26pm:
And these sociopathic dregs took one of the harshest, inhospitable and infertile places in the planet and turned it into a stable highly evolved social democracy with the 2nd highest standard of living and life expectancy on the planet. Oh yeah, and even with Australians being horrible racists theres around 10 times more Aboriginal people here than when Europeans first arrived. Hows that compare with the US? Just wondering. God youre an uneducated dumb tart.

Great post!

"dumb tart"Grin Grin Grin  I'll be adding that to my toolbox for next time I cross swords with the Colorado Kid.

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #58 - Apr 16th, 2016 at 11:42am

ian wrote on Apr 15th, 2016 at 10:27pm:
capitosinora wrote on Apr 15th, 2016 at 7:39pm:
That's injun country.

I hope you
European

Another American idiot. where do you think Britain is? South America? Fool.

Have you ever been in Europe? If not go and see for yourself.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #59 - Apr 16th, 2016 at 12:02pm

capitosinora wrote on Apr 16th, 2016 at 11:42am:
Fortunately, unlike some others, America managed to get rid of them which was pritex (sic) of becoming No1 power in the world.
"Get rid of them", Who? your 'Founding Fathers', oh yes that's right, they were British and they wanted independence from the Crown, but they were still British.

pritex (sic) of becoming No1 power in the world.
You're living in the past buddy, since Nobama took office the US has been far (very far) from being a "No1 power".

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #60 - Apr 16th, 2016 at 3:27pm

Fuzzball wrote on Apr 16th, 2016 at 12:02pm:
Fortunately, unlike some others, America managed to get rid of them which was pritex (sic) of becoming No1 power in the world.
"Get rid of them", Who? your 'Founding Fathers', oh yes that's right, they were British and they wanted independence from the Crown, but they were still British.

You're living in the past buddy, since Nobama took office the US has been far (very far) from being a "No1 power".

Well at least it has own head of state.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #61 - Apr 17th, 2016 at 5:56pm

Problem with brits is that they don't have morals.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #62 - Apr 17th, 2016 at 5:57pm

capitosinora wrote on Apr 16th, 2016 at 3:27pm:
Fuzzball wrote on Apr 16th, 2016 at 12:02pm:

Well at least US has own head of state.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Apr 17th, 2016 at 8:20pm

Thats  an insulting generalisation to make against 70 + million people you've  never met.

IP Logged

John_Taverner
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Apr 17th, 2016 at 9:08pm

Answer to the OP - No, because it's just history.  They were different times and we can't judge them on today's standards.

Should Italians be ashamed of the Colosseum? Same answer.

72+Adelaide+Street  
IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #65 - Apr 17th, 2016 at 9:13pm

Ancestry of Elizabeth II
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Queen Elizabeth II, present sovereign of the Commonwealth realms, is the daughter of King George VI, the second son of King George V and Queen Mary; and of Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon (later Queen Elizabeth, and, after her daughter's accession to the throne, the Queen Mother), the daughter of Claude Bowes-Lyon, 14th Earl of Strathmore and Kinghorne, and his wife, Cecilia Bowes-Lyon, Countess of Strathmore and Kinghorne.

Queen Elizabeth II is the male-line great-granddaughter of Edward VII, who inherited the crown from his mother, Queen Victoria. His father, Victoria's consort, was Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha;
hence Queen Elizabeth is a patrilineal descendant of Albert's family, the German princely House of Wettin.
(Other notable members of this house are King Philippe of Belgium and former King Simeon II of Bulgaria.) Traced as far as possible, Elizabeth's male-line ancestry stretches back to Theodoric I, Count of Wettin; see Patrilineal descent of Elizabeth II.

Elizabeth is directly descended from many British royals: from the House of Stuart, from Mary, Queen of Scots; Robert the Bruce, and earlier Scottish royal houses; from the House of Tudor, and earlier Irish and English royal houses stretching back as far as the 7th century House of Wessex.

As a great-great-granddaughter of Queen Victoria, she is related to the heads of most other reigning and non-reigning European royal houses. Through her great-grandmother Queen Alexandra, she is descended from the Danish royal House of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg, a line of the North German house of Oldenburg. (Other members of the House of Glücksburg include Elizabeth's husband, Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, as well as Queen Margrethe II of Denmark, King Harald V of Norway, Queen Sofía of Spain and former King Constantine II of Greece—each of whom is also descended from Queen Victoria; one of her many cousins is King Juan Carlos I of Spain, also a great-great-grandson of Victoria.) Likewise, Elizabeth is descended from John William Friso, Prince of Orange, and his wife, Princess Marie Louise of Hesse-Kassel, who are the most recent common ancestors to all reigning European monarchs.[1]

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #66 - Apr 17th, 2016 at 9:18pm

What a fine pedigree she has -

no common blood there.

God bless the Queen.

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #67 - Apr 17th, 2016 at 9:21pm

Bobby. wrote on Apr 17th, 2016 at 9:18pm:
What a fine pedigree she has -

no common blood there.

God bless the Queen.

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #68 - Apr 17th, 2016 at 9:26pm

Dear master Light,

she is related to Robert the Bruce.

Guess what? - so am I.

I am royalty too - I have royal blood.

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #69 - Apr 17th, 2016 at 9:34pm

Bobby. wrote on Apr 17th, 2016 at 9:26pm:
Dear master Light,

Guess what? - so am I.

many blessings bobby

you have condolences

fear not

namaste

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #70 - Apr 17th, 2016 at 9:36pm

Dear master Light,

Guess what? - so am I.

many blessings sir bobby the bruce

and so it has become quite clear

your ancestor killed braveheart

whoa be unto thee if this gets out  however

you are forgiven
« Last Edit: Apr 17th, 2016 at 9:45pm by it_is_the_light »  

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #71 - Apr 17th, 2016 at 9:39pm

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #72 - Apr 17th, 2016 at 9:47pm

it_is_the_light wrote on Apr 17th, 2016 at 9:36pm:
Dear master Light,

Guess what? - so am I.

you are forgiven

Robbie the Bruce did not kill Braveheart directly but I think he betrayed him.

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #73 - Apr 17th, 2016 at 9:53pm

Bobby. wrote on Apr 17th, 2016 at 9:47pm:
Dear master Light,

Guess what? - so am I.

you are forgiven

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #74 - Apr 17th, 2016 at 9:56pm

it_is_the_light wrote on Apr 17th, 2016 at 9:53pm:
Dear master Light,

Guess what? - so am I.

you are forgiven

http://www.mememaker.net/static/images/templates/520176.jpg

Dear master Light,
for years ye hath mocketh unto me and my knighthood

yet it appears the whole time you were conversing with royalty.

(And I'm not joking - I really am related )

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #75 - Apr 17th, 2016 at 10:04pm

Bobby. wrote on Apr 17th, 2016 at 9:56pm:
it_is_the_light wrote on Apr 17th, 2016 at 9:53pm:
Dear master Light,

Guess what? - so am I.

you are forgiven

http://www.mememaker.net/static/images/templates/520176.jpg

Dear master Light,

many blessings sir bobby

yet verily ye are not mockethed fear not

this is misguided judgement and interpretation of reality

you have been exposed for affiliating with the clan of the bruce ... murderers of braveheart

and having the same betrayething blood running through thine veins

whoa be unto thee bobby the bruce

namaste
« Last Edit: Apr 18th, 2016 at 7:13am by it_is_the_light »  

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #76 - Apr 17th, 2016 at 10:34pm

Quote:
Sir Bobby
Dear master Light,

master Light,
Quote:
many blessings sir bobby

yet verily ye are not mockethed fear not

this is misguided judgement and interpretation of reality

you have been exposed for affiliating with the clan of the bruce ... murderers of braveheart

and having the same betraying blood running through thine veins

whoa be unto thee bobby the bruce

namaste

I have royal blood yet I still associate with commoners.

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #77 - Apr 18th, 2016 at 7:51am

capitosinora wrote on Apr 17th, 2016 at 5:56pm:
Problem with brits is that they don't have morals.

I guess that would make a country which dropped two Atomic Bombs on two highly populated (civilian) cities when the war was basically won, highly moral would it?

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #78 - Apr 18th, 2016 at 12:42pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 17th, 2016 at 8:20pm:
Thats  an insulting generalisation to make against 70 + million people you've  never met.

Well if I didn't do that I would disregard with the history.

« Last Edit: Apr 18th, 2016 at 6:55pm by capitosinora »  

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #79 - Apr 18th, 2016 at 2:06pm

Fuzzball wrote on Apr 18th, 2016 at 7:51am:
I guess that would make a country which dropped two Atomic Bombs on two highly populated (civilian) cities when the war was basically won, highly moral would it?

Nothing to say capitosinora, I thought not.

White flag accepted.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #80 - Mar 20th, 2021 at 12:48am

Well look at the state of the world that its in. Pollution, Nuclear Radiation, erratic and extreme weather occurances, a thinning atmosphere, rubbish everywhere, waterways turning into turd S-bends, chemical foods and drinks, gun massacres and Scientists who have also helped stuff up this planet, while they try to run away to Mars.

If technological superiority is so right.
Why is the planet stuffed and infected with viruses and toey nations itching for war? Over-populated nations and over-indulgent nations putting the strain on too.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #81 - Mar 20th, 2021 at 8:50am

Jasin wrote on Mar 20th, 2021 at 12:48am:
Well look at the state of the world that its in. Pollution, Nuclear Radiation, erratic and extreme weather occurances, a thinning atmosphere, rubbish everywhere, waterways turning into turd S-bends, chemical foods and drinks, gun massacres and Scientists who have also helped stuff up this planet, while they try to run away to Mars.

If technological superiority is so right.
Why is the planet stuffed and infected with viruses and toey nations itching for war? Over-populated nations and over-indulgent nations putting the strain on too.

Yeah, the Third World has a lot to answer for.
Disgraceful.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #82 - Mar 20th, 2021 at 11:27am

I dont believe anyone or any place doesnt wish they had done something different   no one leads a perfect life....Britain didnt do everything right  thats for sure  but the also did a lot of good    but we never talk about that do we?... can we change history?  not the last time  I looked anyway.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #83 - Mar 20th, 2021 at 11:34am

cods wrote on Mar 20th, 2021 at 11:27am:
I dont believe anyone or any place doesnt wish they had done something different   no one leads a perfect life....Britain didnt do everything right  thats for sure  but the also did a lot of good    but we never talk about that do we?... can we change history?  not the last time  I looked anyway.

Yes virtually all countries did things then which would be unacceptable today. British colonialism, USA Slaves, Australia many things as well from exterminating Blacks to the white Australia policy etc.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #84 - Mar 20th, 2021 at 11:40am

Dnarever wrote on Mar 20th, 2021 at 11:34am:
cods wrote on Mar 20th, 2021 at 11:27am:

Yes virtually all countries did things then which would be unacceptable today. British colonialism, USA Slaves, Australia many things as well from exterminating Blacks to the white Australia policy etc.

Historic cannibalism.
When is the apology coming for that?

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #85 - Mar 20th, 2021 at 7:56pm

Nah - different times.... different strokes.....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #86 - Mar 20th, 2021 at 7:59pm

Dear master Light,

Guess what? - so am I.

you are forgiven

Bluidy Norman interlopers and johnny-come-latelys....

Robert De Broos.....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #87 - Mar 21st, 2021 at 4:46pm

People from former colonies seem to have migrated to Britain in the number of millions over the last 50 years. The migrants do not seem to be concerned whether the British are ashamed of a colonial past. I would suggest that migrants to Britain move there because they want a better life. Who outside of Africa are moving to Africa? Any third-world society would not see mass immigration into their countries from first-world societies. But, first-world countries see mass immigration from the third world.

IP Logged

Anthony Claydon

Australian Politics

Reply #88 - Mar 21st, 2021 at 7:15pm

British did an awesome job ending the slave trade.
They forced other countries to stop and then sent a fleet to ensure it stopped.

When Britain ruled the waves, it ended those waves being used to transport slaves.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #89 - Mar 21st, 2021 at 7:49pm

Anthony Claydon wrote on Mar 21st, 2021 at 7:15pm:
British did an awesome job ending the slave trade.
They forced other countries to stop and then sent a fleet to ensure it stopped.

When Britain ruled the waves, it ended those waves being used to transport slaves.

Indeed.

They couldn't stop all the now independent Arabs, Indians, Africans to stop slavery.  British colonialism ended way too soon, the savages were allowed to go back to their ways too soon.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #90 - Apr 4th, 2021 at 9:27am

Homo Sapiens should be ashamed of the way they treated the Neanderthals.

The Danes should be ashamed of their ancestors treatment of the Britons.

The Iranians should be ashamed of the Persian invasion of Greece.

The Chinese should be ashamed of their treatment of South East Asia.

The Italians should be ashamed of the Roman treatment of the Carthaginians.

Native Mexicans should be ashamed of Aztec brutality in establishing their Empire.

The Khazakstan should be ashamed of the Mongol treatment of Europeans.

The Zulu should be ashamed of the treatment of surrounding tribes.

Polynesians and Melanesians should be ashamed of their ancestors treatment of each other and their cannibalism.

The only reason British colonialism can be singled out from other cultures is because they were better record keepers.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #91 - Apr 4th, 2021 at 10:35am

it would be OK  [shame]if only it changed something!!!

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #92 - Apr 4th, 2021 at 12:37pm

Should Britain be ash...

Headlined on the board - well - it already is in many ways these days... feminism, Islamism, everythingism rampant in the streets... increasing/escalating overcrowding and social division on all sides ..... weakened economy desperately trying to get by as a Banana Republic with no bananas but instead relying on never-ending increase in population at any cost to retain some form of economic 'growth' - steadily diluting everything in sight...

Britain is already ash.... it just hasn't been put into an urn yet..... when Der Tag comes and pandemic real disease arrives, the streets will be strewn with corpses and entire villages will be empty ghosts...  Bring Out Your Dead Ye Who Still Live!

Apart from that, the spirit or concept of Britain is long gone... a civilisation gone with the mind .... got me a fine Raj era hotel sorted out in Ind-ya - beautiful.... few days stay - travel a bit - few days stay then off to Kathmandu... then 'over the hump' to Tibet and China... with my itinerary the Chinese officials will be looking at my camera closely...

Buggar - love to drive Kathmandu to Lhasa and on - but they won't let you self-drive in Tibet... pacified zone that it is.... sure, sure.... you might see things you shouldn't ...

Should I get a white tropical suit and a big white hat?

― John Adams

IP Logged

Super Nova
Gold Member

Everywhere
Reply #93 - Apr 4th, 2021 at 2:55pm

NO

They left most countries in better shape than other colonials.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #94 - Apr 4th, 2021 at 4:08pm

Yerush - look at Australia's Kooners - better fed than ever... and increasing in number - Tasmania, where they were wiped out in 1846, has a higher percentage of Kooner Klaimants than anywhere else in Australia.. man - that's a greater comeback than Bob Hope... better than Mohamed
Ali....better than poor little oppressed Communist China which the 'heads'; of the West thought they could assimilate using silver bullets and bribery by offering them industrial strength...

Now they're are building the international equivalent of autobahns and eisenbahns so they can move troops and equipment quickly anywhere in The New Empire to suppress revolt or insurrection or even a harsh word here or there...

Should give the Middle Eastern Muslims someone elee to give a caning to to take their minds off their own deeply tragic problems.... you know... that insurmountable divide between rich and poor, privileged and peasant, legal issues, the real status of women, the high infant mortality rate among the poor, the starving beggars, those who see jihad somewhere as their last resort to having any status or social standing, the religious divides that leave the Catholic/Protestant skirmishes a very very poor last...

"Coming into the home turn, Cattle Prod had a good view of the rest of the field.  You oughta lay off the ponies, Tommy.  It's nothing personal."

― John Adams

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #95 - Apr 6th, 2021 at 7:31pm

England colonized a whole lot of countries changing their culture and made them British subjects....Now Britain is overrun by foreigners (British) and they are complaining about how Britain has been invaded....Talk about hypocrisy and the self inflicted irony of being the invader that was ultimately invaded!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

AussieAmAndARC

Australian Politics

in your wildest dreams...
Reply #96 - Apr 8th, 2021 at 8:59pm

Yes.

They scanned through families of convicts and elevated those who aligned with their filth and those that didn't they wrecked and ruined without compunction.

I am 9th and tenth generation.

They are a fading filth that needs to leave the surface for good.

IP Logged

AussieAmAndARC

Australian Politics

in your wildest dreams...
Reply #97 - Apr 8th, 2021 at 9:00pm

The whole 'fair go', was their idea....

screw them into how we have lived.

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #98 - Apr 9th, 2021 at 11:28am

I am amused by how all these virtue signallers pointing fingers at the British Empire and all its evil deeds are still happy to live in a country that was part of the empire and take advantage of all the benefits that entails.

If they had the courage of their convictions they would give all their property to the nearest aboriginal and head off somewhere far away from the evil empire.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #99 - Apr 9th, 2021 at 11:35am

What benefits are those?

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #100 - Apr 9th, 2021 at 1:13pm

issuevoter wrote on Apr 4th, 2021 at 9:27am:
Homo Sapiens should be ashamed of the way they treated the Neanderthals.

The Danes should be ashamed of their ancestors treatment of the Britons.

The Iranians should be ashamed of the Persian invasion of Greece.

The Chinese should be ashamed of their treatment of South East Asia.

The Italians should be ashamed of the Roman treatment of the Carthaginians.

Native Mexicans should be ashamed of Aztec brutality in establishing their Empire.

The Khazakstan should be ashamed of the Mongol treatment of Europeans.

The Zulu should be ashamed of the treatment of surrounding tribes.

Polynesians and Melanesians should be ashamed of their ancestors treatment of each other and their cannibalism.

The only reason British colonialism can be singled out from other cultures is because they were better record keepers.

Well said Issuevoter.

...but Britain is a good guy in some regions of the world, but a bad guy in other parts - it can't be good at everything, nor can every other nation... even the USA.  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #101 - Apr 11th, 2021 at 2:15am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 9th, 2021 at 11:35am:
What benefits are those?

You need a list?  Start thinking....

― John Adams

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #102 - Apr 11th, 2021 at 5:48pm

issuevoter wrote on Apr 4th, 2021 at 9:27am:

Well.. There were the Romans... Obsessive in record-keeping as modern-day Germans...

But what have the British done for us, anyway?

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #103 - Apr 12th, 2021 at 7:48pm

YEAH - what else have the British ever done for us, eh?  They robbed our fathers... and our father's fathers...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #104 - Apr 12th, 2021 at 9:32pm

Colonialism ended prematurely.

The jigaboos can't manage on their own.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #105 - Apr 13th, 2021 at 1:47am

Frank wrote on Apr 12th, 2021 at 9:32pm:

They're doing very well at killing one another etc... even those oppressed mightily by the Belgians had an excellent run at it in Rwanda.... apparently they learned their lessons well from the Belgians... so they say.... the Cambos throw off their French Oppressors and killed half their own population according to a Cambo guy I once met... the Vietnamers killed millions of their own after the Frogs left.... Mao killed many millions after throwing off the shackles of Western domination...

What is the excuse for the excesses in Rhodesia/Zimbabwe?

― John Adams

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #106 - Apr 22nd, 2021 at 10:39pm

Once upon a time, the Democrats thought differently. It was their first progressive president, Woodrow Wilson, who imposed the concept of "self-determination" on post-Great War Europe, insisting that the multicultural empires of the Habsburgs and Romanovs be replaced by a patchwork of ethnic statelets from the Balkans to the Baltic. He would be surprised to find his own party presiding over a Habsburgian America of bilingual Balkanization as a matter of electoral strategy.

On the Continent, the shifting rationale for mass immigration may not illuminate much about the immigrants but it certainly tells you something about the natives: Originally, European leaders said, we needed immigrants to work in the mills and factories. But the mills and factories closed. So the new rationale was that we needed young immigrants to keep the welfare state solvent. But in Germany the Turks retire even younger than the Krauts do, and in France 65 percent of imams are on the dole. So the surviving rationale is that a dependence on mass immigration is not a structural flaw but a sign of moral virtue. The evolving justification for post-war immigration policy — from manufacturing to welfare to moral narcissism — is itself a perfect shorthand for Western decay.

Most of the above doesn't sound terribly "fiscal," because it's not. The ruinous debt is a symptom of our decline, not the cause. As Angela Merkel well understands every time she switches on the TV and sees a news report from Greece, culture trumps economics. I had a faintly surreal conversation with two Hollywood liberal pals not so long ago: One moment they were bemoaning all those right-wing racists like Pat Buchanan who'd made such a big deal about the crowd cheering for the Mexican team and booing the Americans at a U.S.–Mexico soccer match in Pasadena, and deploring the way the U.S. goalie had complained that the post-match ceremony was conducted entirely in Spanish. Ten minutes later they were sighing that nothing in Los Angeles seemed to work quite as well as it did when they first came out west over 40 years ago.

And it never occurred to them that these two conversational topics might somehow be connected.

Meanwhile, at Redwood Heights Elementary in Oakland, Californian kindergartners are put through "Gender Spectrum Diversity Training" in order to teach them that there are "more than two genders."

The social capital of a nation is built up over centuries but squandered in a generation or two. With blithe self-confidence, the post-war West changed too much too fast. We changed everything, and yet we'll still wonder why everything's changed.
https://www.steynonline.com/11229/get-out-the-gloat

The first world is turned into the third world by the barbarian invasion that is illegal immigration.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #107 - Apr 23rd, 2021 at 6:12pm

The Jigaboos threw you people out, dear boy. It didn't take much. There you were in your pith helmet, Bombay bloomers and long white socks, picking out the best pieces of fruit in the market.

And there was Darkie with his spear, standing on one leg, watching you.

You said good day, paid top dollar for the fruit, and hightailed it out as quick as you could.

I'd say colonialism ended at just the right time.

You?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #108 - Apr 23rd, 2021 at 6:28pm

Frank wrote on Apr 22nd, 2021 at 10:39pm:
Once upon a time, the Democrats thought differently. It was their first progressive president, Woodrow Wilson, who imposed the concept of "self-determination" on post-Great War Europe, insisting that the multicultural empires of the Habsburgs and Romanovs be replaced by a patchwork of ethnic statelets from the Balkans to the Baltic. He would be surprised to find his own party presiding over a Habsburgian America of bilingual Balkanization as a matter of electoral strategy.

On the Continent, the shifting rationale for mass immigration may not illuminate much about the immigrants but it certainly tells you something about the natives: Originally, European leaders said, we needed immigrants to work in the mills and factories. But the mills and factories closed. So the new rationale was that we needed young immigrants to keep the welfare state solvent. But in Germany the Turks retire even younger than the Krauts do, and in France 65 percent of imams are on the dole. So the surviving rationale is that a dependence on mass immigration is not a structural flaw but a sign of moral virtue. The evolving justification for post-war immigration policy — from manufacturing to welfare to moral narcissism — is itself a perfect shorthand for Western decay.

Most of the above doesn't sound terribly "fiscal," because it's not. The ruinous debt is a symptom of our decline, not the cause. As Angela Merkel well understands every time she switches on the TV and sees a news report from Greece, culture trumps economics. I had a faintly surreal conversation with two Hollywood liberal pals not so long ago: One moment they were bemoaning all those right-wing racists like Pat Buchanan who'd made such a big deal about the crowd cheering for the Mexican team and booing the Americans at a U.S.–Mexico soccer match in Pasadena, and deploring the way the U.S. goalie had complained that the post-match ceremony was conducted entirely in Spanish. Ten minutes later they were sighing that nothing in Los Angeles seemed to work quite as well as it did when they first came out west over 40 years ago.

And it never occurred to them that these two conversational topics might somehow be connected.

Meanwhile, at Redwood Heights Elementary in Oakland, Californian kindergartners are put through "Gender Spectrum Diversity Training" in order to teach them that there are "more than two genders."

The social capital of a nation is built up over centuries but squandered in a generation or two. With blithe self-confidence, the post-war West changed too much too fast. We changed everything, and yet we'll still wonder why everything's changed.
https://www.steynonline.com/11229/get-out-the-gloat

The first world is turned into the third world by the barbarian invasion that is illegal immigration.

And there you were back home, the war over, watching your telly in your knitted vest and tie. The telly hardly worked, you needed change for the coin-slot heater, and you'd used your last ration coupon on a tin of spam.

Mother England, you thought, has it come to this? Colonialism ended far too soon.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #109 - Apr 23rd, 2021 at 6:41pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 23rd, 2021 at 6:12pm:

The Jigaboos threw you people out, dear boy. It didn't take much. There you were in your pith helmet, Bombay bloomers and long white socks, picking out the best pieces of fruit in the market.

And there was Darkie with his spear, standing on one leg, watching you.

You said good day, paid top dollar for the fruit, and hightailed it out as quick as you could.

I'd say colonialism ended at just the right time.

You?

And they can't manage without aid. from the Civilising Imperials  - let's call them by their proper name.  The 'liberated' third world is demanding aid - ie colonial support - because they cannot function independently.  The civilising imperialists kept the worst local bastards in check. 'Colonialists' gone, the worst barbaric locals are back, monstering everyone in sight.

Civilisation - they are not ready for it = colonialism and civilising imperialism ended far too soon. You see it all over the place.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #110 - Apr 23rd, 2021 at 7:37pm

It's a good thing Britain ruled the seas back in the day because the savages were out to keep killing raiding looting all and sundry and they are the blacks.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #111 - Apr 23rd, 2021 at 8:50pm

Happg St George's Day!

« Last Edit: Apr 23rd, 2021 at 9:01pm by Frank »  

images_187.jpeg (19 KB | 11 )
images_187.jpeg

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #112 - Apr 24th, 2021 at 1:59am

An actor, British and getting to be elderly, had spoken off the record that although he was sympathetic of colonies over what they had lost, he was more concerned about all that his country had done for them.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #113 - Apr 24th, 2021 at 1:38pm

Johnnie wrote on Apr 23rd, 2021 at 7:37pm:
It's a good thing Britain ruled the seas back in the day because the savages were out to keep killing raiding looting all and sundry and they are the blacks.

Don't forget the sallows operating the slave trade....

Hmmm - I wonder how India would have gotten by under the Japanese if the British hadn't pulled out all stops to halt them in Burma... of course, India kicked the British out only to replace them with Russian aid..... hmmm... just hmmmm .... now they are turning to the West again for succour and comfort and defence treaties.

Hmmm... just hmmmmm....
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2021 at 1:44pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

― John Adams

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #114 - Apr 28th, 2021 at 3:57pm

Negative (fail): Britain in Asia, Africa, Europe and Oceania.

Positive: Britain in Namerica, Samerica, Australia and Middle-East.

...and if you think Britain winning in the World Wars of Europe is a good thing. Think again, when its the concept of 'Military' that is losing overall in Europe against the likes of Music and Medicine.  Wink

IP Logged

Anthony Claydon

Australian Politics

Reply #115 - May 3rd, 2021 at 3:23pm

Jasin wrote on Apr 28th, 2021 at 3:57pm:

...and if you think Britain winning in the World Wars of Europe is a good thing. Think again, when its the concept of 'Military' that is losing overall in Europe against the likes of Music and Medicine.  Wink

Are you saying that the country that lost two world wars and one world cup, should have won WW2. Seriously David Irving level history needed.....

I think you need to watch Mitchell and Webb's "Are we the baddies" clip.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #116 - May 12th, 2021 at 12:00pm

Anthony Claydon wrote on May 3rd, 2021 at 3:23pm:
Jasin wrote on Apr 28th, 2021 at 3:57pm:

Are you saying that the country that lost two world wars and one world cup, should have won WW2. Seriously David Irving level history needed.....

I think you need to watch Mitchell and Webb's "Are we the baddies" clip.

Listen. Germany v Britain was the Battle of the Bad Guys.
Germany tried to be like the USA of Europe but Britain said "No - we are!". Germany lost the World War of Military/Politics/Religion in Europe.
...as too will France, as Britain this time steps back (Brexit) to leave the French out in front to face the Moslem's Wrath when it expends its last Great Jihad before submitting 'Empire' over to Israel. France will be genocided!

Europe as a whole is being empowered by Sport, Medicine, Cooking and more... all the 'Lefty' things and getting rid of the traditional Military/Political/Religious things that have oppressed it for something like 2000 years.

So Germany tried to be  the 'Bad Guy' of Europe and follow the USA way, but FAILED. As Laibach sings "We gave of the Power!" (and moved on). Politics in Europe is for Women these days, its all about Eurovision now.

...but Britain is Bi-Polar: part moving forward with Europe into the future, part still being part of the 'Western' USA and holding onto the European false past.

One day, after Germany, France & Italy have coughed up their Political/Military/Religious empowerments of old - moving away from being a subordinate to the Middle-East, to a more empowered true European way (to become the leading Music region of the world).
It will be left to Britain to face a unified Islam and Israel and unlike Germany, France & Italy who forfeited their old ways to admit to being 'European'. Britain will commit the ultimate FAIL and be crucified... only to live on via its successful Colonies. Great Britain will sink below the waves like a lost civilisation of Atlantis.  Wink

So in essence. German stood up to say "We are the Bad Guys. We are the heirs to the USA's Politics/Military/Religion style - here in Europe!"

...but Britain said and proved "No you're not, we are!"

...soon France will learn this, then Italy after.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #117 - May 12th, 2021 at 12:09pm

Britain as a Political/Military/Religious nation (much like the USA) is the BAD GUY, the VILLAIN.
Britain as a more European Sport/Medicine/Music nation is the Good guy (but as you can see, the English Soccer team is much 'weaker'  than the more 'European' German sides  Wink
...and that's why Germany could flog Brazil 7-1 too Wink

Germany chased a weakness back in the World Wars.
Now it follows its strength and leaves Politics, Military & Religion to the WOMEN.  Wink

So. Political/Military/Religious 'Britain' is the VILLIAN in all the 'Lefty' regions of EUROPE, ASIA,AFRICA & OCEANIA.
Hence the stuff ups of Hong Kong, Zimbabwe, South Africa to name some.
But it has done well and succeeded in creating successful Colonies in their own image and more with the Right-wing regions of Middle-East (Lawrence, Gordon, etc), North America (USA), Sahul (Aust) and South America.

There. How's that kiddo?

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #118 - Jun 20th, 2021 at 1:08am

Yeah - never finish what they started.... genocides included....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #119 - Aug 29th, 2021 at 9:52pm

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #120 - Aug 31st, 2021 at 1:23am

Frank wrote on Aug 29th, 2021 at 9:52pm:

Joys of multi-culturalism, ain' it?

― John Adams

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #121 - Oct 15th, 2021 at 1:34pm

As part of the left-wing of the Labour party’s continuing attempts to re-establish itself as a viable political concern, it has issued a new slogan designed to unify its candidates in the upcoming local elections.

Socialism is the answer.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #122 - Feb 20th, 2022 at 9:04am

STOP THE BOATS!!!

Home Secretary Priti Patel has appointed former Australian foreign affairs minister Alexander Downer to look into how Britain can tackle the ever-rising number of migrant boat crossings in the English Channel, with over 28,000 illegal migrants landing in the United Kingdom by sea in 2021.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #123 - Feb 21st, 2022 at 6:34pm

Well, at least.............................................. 
(wait for it... WAIT FOR IT!!!)

British colonialism past helped to cut down on cannibalism.....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #124 - Feb 21st, 2022 at 9:11pm

Western colonialism ended too soon.   That is the tragedy of Africa, Latin America, the Middle East and Asia.

Children of 8, demannding to be treated as 21, were given whiskey and car keys.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #125 - Feb 22nd, 2022 at 6:26am

"they would still be where they were 200 years ago and exploited by local tribal chiefs and feudal overlords."

They're doing a fine job of getting back to that without Western help...............

― John Adams

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: colonialism ended far too soon
Reply #126 - Jan 17th, 2023 at 11:50am

Frank wrote on Feb 21st, 2022 at 9:11pm:

Western colonialism ended too soon.   That is the tragedy of Africa, Latin America, the Middle East and Asia.

Children of 8, demanding to be treated as 21, were given whiskey and car keys.

Using my new year's resolution to free my tree, and myself, from the bondage of colonization

As I took the decorations off my artificial Christmas tree and put them away, I found myself mulling over new year's resolutions. At this time of year, we are called to reflect on life; how we can improve or be a better human in some way. I've been inspired by this tradition, but lately it's been more about how I can leave Mother Earth in a better place than I inherited it, like the one my ancestors thrived in for millennia.

Carefully handling each branch, I snipped away at the wires and started feeling for this tree. With each snip and painstaking unwinding, I recognized that I was releasing the tree from the bondage of appearance and glitter

As an Anishinaabekwe, I am most at home among my mitig (tree) relatives. So when one is brought into my home, I feel like I'm welcoming family. I live by the beliefs and values that I've been taught: that I have a relationship with everything around me — the flying beings, the growing beings, the swimming beings, the four-legged beings and the rooted beings. They are all my relatives and without them, without their support, I would not be able to survive. So when I welcome one into my home, it is as a relative whom I love, respect and cherish.

My pre-colonization family name is Mkishinaatik, meaning "Rotten Wood." When I first learned the meaning of my family name, I wondered, "Why was my family known by this strange name that sounded so unpleasant?"

I carried this question for many years before a kind and knowledgeable Kokum explained the importance of my name. My family became known as nurturers and healers because, without the rotting wood, nothing would ever grow again. The medicines given up by the wood as it returns to the earth allows the next generation to flourish. I was filled with pride when I received this teaching and I say "Chi miigwetch, Kokum" for this truth.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/christmas-tree-colonization-mitig-1.6708294

From now on she will buy actual Christmas trees, not Made in China plastic ones year in, year out.

Take THAT, you colonialist white bastards!

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #127 - Feb 22nd, 2023 at 9:47am

Cruel Britannia?
Colonialism: A Moral Reckoning
By Nigel Biggar
William Collins 480pp £25

Tout comprendre c’est tout pardonner is an aphorism variously attributed to Spinoza, Madame de Staël and Tolstoy. But Biggar’s quest for understanding has not made him an uncritical admirer of Britain’s empire or any other one. He acknowledges that colonialism severely disrupted existing patterns of indigenous life. It was often achieved or maintained through violence and injustice. In the last analysis, all states maintain themselves by force or the threat of it. Government, imperial or domestic, has always involved light and shade, achievement and failure, good and evil. Biggar’s point is that it falsifies history to collect together everything bad about an institution and serve it up as if it were the whole.

Biggar makes three broad points by way of mitigation when it comes to the British Empire’s legacy. First, many of the worst things were not the result of ideology or calculated policy. They were abuses which were recognised as such and addressed, not always successfully. Second, the disruption brought benefits as well as suffering. Practices such as slavery, cannibalism, sati and human sacrifice, which were by any standards barbarous, were eliminated. The ground was laid for an economic and social transformation that lifted much of the world out of extremes of poverty. Third, the British brought not just disruption but also the rule of law, constitutional government, honest administration, economic development and modern educational and research facilities, all long before they would have been achieved without European intervention.

Biggar takes his agenda from the Empire’s critics. He deals in turn with each of the principal criticisms, starting with slavery and going on to address racism, cultural aggression, population displacement, economic exploitation, authoritarianism and political violence. He confronts the famous horror stories: the Opium Wars, the Benin expedition, the Amritsar massacre, the suppression of the Mau Mau in Kenya. In each case, he sets out the historical context, which is so often absent. He acknowledges the respects in which the charges are justified, but points out in what respects they are unjustified or exaggerated. There are a few places where Biggar may be accused of tendentious selection or special pleading. But in general, his approach is objective and he fairly addresses the contrary arguments.

A good example is the chapter on slavery, which touches on perhaps the most sensitive and controversial issue of all. Biggar does not for a moment seek to defend the Atlantic slave trade, and recognises that it was imperialism that made it possible. It created the markets for slaves, the fleets which transported them and the legal and administrative framework that kept them in subjection. But if imperialism made slavery possible, it also enabled its suppression when sentiment changed. For a society such as Britain’s, imbued with Christian moral teaching, the trade was defensible only on the footing that black people were not really human. It was the rejection of that notion which transformed English attitudes to slavery in the course of the 18th century. Domestic slavery was banned in common law in the 1770s. After a long campaign by evangelical Christians, the slave trade was criminalised by statute in 1807 and slavery itself abolished throughout the British Empire in 1834. The Foreign Office and the Royal Navy campaigned for its international suppression throughout the 19th century. Britain was decades ahead of the rest of Europe and the United States in recognising the moral case against slavery and taking active steps to suppress it. The size, reach and diplomatic and naval power of the British Empire were by far the most significant factors in the demise in less than a century of an institution that had subsisted across the world throughout history.

Unless we draw up a balance sheet of empire, we will never understand one of the most significant forces in the making of the modern world. Inevitably, it will be an incomplete balance sheet. There will be credits and debits, but no bottom line. This is because, as Biggar points out, the good and bad things about empire are incommensurate.
https://literaryreview.co.uk/cruel-britannia

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #128 - Feb 22nd, 2023 at 9:50am

Only Islam and Israel 'united' shall be the judge of Great Britain upon Judgement Day.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #129 - Mar 4th, 2023 at 8:32pm

The wacist colonial oppressive gawd-awful British Ruling class, 2023

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak, Foreign Secretary James Cleverly, and Home Secretary Suella Braverman.
https://www.nybooks.com/articles/2023/03/23/bloody-panico-tory-nation-samuel-earle/

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #130 - Mar 14th, 2023 at 8:07pm

Rishi Sunak PM, is Britain's colonial heritage.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #131 - Mar 14th, 2023 at 8:19pm

Britain is at fault in Asia, Africa and Oceania and in time, will fall in Europe too.

But in the Middle-East, N.America, Sahul (Aust) and S.America - it has been a boon and benefit.

But that could be said of Politics (Britain) itself.
Empowering Men in N.America, S.America, Sahul and the M.E
While empowering Women in Europe, Asia, Africa and Oceania.

Why?
Because that's equality.  Wink

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #132 - Mar 14th, 2023 at 8:21pm

...oh, don't forget that Britain is two nations in one.
There is the Political 'Great Britain' and the Royal (Masters of Ceremony aka Entertainment) 'United Kingdom'. Wink

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #133 - Mar 14th, 2023 at 8:54pm

Should Brian be ashamed of his past???

Why ??? What has he done???

I’m almost afraid to ask 🥺😞

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #134 - Mar 14th, 2023 at 8:56pm

Maybe ask the Ladyboys in Bangkok?
They loved his moustache.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #135 - Mar 14th, 2023 at 8:58pm

Ha! Small iPhone screen. I thought someone had started a topic on Brian 😂 🤣 😆

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Colonialism ended too soon
Reply #136 - Jan 17th, 2024 at 12:21pm

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #137 - Feb 17th, 2024 at 6:30pm

Perhaps it needs to be ashamed of its multi-colonial present....

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/cambridge-university-discriminating-aga...

"Cambridge University is discriminating against privately educated white men, it has been claimed.

Professor James Tooley, the vice-chancellor of the University of Buckingham, is set to unveil a new course next week on the origins of the 'woke' movement.

The course has already signed up 100 people for an online course and there are plans for a master's degree and a PhD in the subject this Autumn.

Professor Tooley, who is a former academic at Newcastle University, highlighted Cambridge University for explicitly saying it would reduce the number of wealthier white males.

The professor said that oppression comes from the top as the demands of government mingling with peer pressure has created a groupthink.

He also said regulators setting diversity and inclusion targets meant censorship was infiltrating admissions and research.

The professor said: 'Cambridge famously, explicitly, is reducing the numbers of what you might call wealthier white males.

'They're increasing the number of ethnic minority males and females, and females in general, and are therefore reducing the number of white males.

'And therefore what you see is admissions policies being undermined by a government regulator."

Fact-check follows on page.....

ASIDE:-  Now one must put in a fact-check to ensure that the fact-check checks facts and is not check-mated by fact failure designed to mate it with non-factual fact-checks designed to undermine a point being made......

Hope that clears that up for yez.....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #138 - Feb 17th, 2024 at 6:44pm

It's British tradition to have bum boys in the education system. These normally come from the underprivileged classes.

Otherwise, you get the Boris Johnson situation where he was rumored to have banged a pig cadaver.

This is what makes Britain great?

I once had some dealings with a UK owner of a tech company who traveled with the manager of his company. He continually referred to that manager as his bum boy.  The "bum boy" was not uncomfortable with that.
« Last Edit: Feb 17th, 2024 at 7:10pm by Laugh till you cry »  

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #139 - Feb 17th, 2024 at 7:06pm

Let us not forget Admiral Nelson:

"His last words to him are said to have been "Kiss me Hardy". Hardy responded by kissing Nelson on his hands and forehead."

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #140 - Feb 17th, 2024 at 7:50pm

British good in N.America, S.America, Middle-East, Sahul (Aust

British bad in Africa, Asia, Oceania, Europe

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #141 - Mar 19th, 2024 at 7:49pm

Counting the Cost of Decolonisation

In recent years Bruce Gilley has acquired a reputation for fluttering the dovecotes of academe. In 2017 the eminently leftist journal Third World Quarterly published his article “The Case for Colonialism”. It caused conniptions among the journal’s anti-colonial devotees, and became one of its most widely read articles ever. The virtual flash mobs generated two protest petitions of some 16,000 signatures. They included the names of tenured professors at Western universities who, in their outrage, flouted their institutions’ commitment to free speech and called for the retraction of the article and for Princeton to revoke Gilley’s PhD. Death threats were made against the editor and his team in London. Fifteen members of the editorial board resigned, ignoring the plea of Noam Chomsky to engage in a rebuttal. This was too much for Hamid Dabashi, Professor of Iranian Studies and Comparative Literature at Columbia University:

[Chomsky] has as usual refused to denounce Bruce Gilley, offering his habitual bourgeois hogwash that the professor has the right to say what he said and that he too publishes things that offend people. This, of course, is highbrow gibberish—shifting the issue to the domain of censorship and freedom of speech … [Gilley] must be ostracized, publicly shamed and humiliated, and never ever called “a colleague” who should be politely invited for a “civilized debate”. Against that “civilized” gathering of morally compromised scholars, I will proudly form a band of barbarian dissidents.
Why has Gilley so enraged the academy? His sin was to point out, based on rigorous social scientific research, that many ex-colonies (especially in Africa) had been better off under European rule than under the post-independence governments. During the late colonial period, from the 1920s to independence, “populations were growing, food supply expanding, life expectancy leaping upwards, government administration improving, wages and living standards bowling upwards, and plans for self-government unfolding”. Gilley cites the praise of the great gods of the anti-colonial movement, Gandhi, Lumumba and Mandela, for the benefits brought by European, and especially British, colonialism. What is striking is that none of them lived long enough to judge the results of the independence of their countries. As intelligent men they could not but have been horrified.

In many cases, decolonisation has been a disaster, especially in terms of the body count. The European colonial powers, exhausted by the Second World War, handed over their passive and inarticulate populations to a set of rapacious ideologues, schooled in the anti-colonial doctrines of Lenin and Hitler, as interpreted by European intellectuals of the Left and Right. The result was political tyranny, civil war and economic collapse in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Burma, Tanzania, Uganda, Nigeria, the Congo, Vietnam, Morocco, Algeria and the Sudan. The first president of Guinea, Ahmed Sékou Touré, who styled himself the “Terror of International Imperialism, Colonialism, and Neo-Colonialism”, was given to hanging his cabinet ministers. He managed fifty-eight in one session in 1970.

Barely a month after Prince Philip attended the independence celebrations on Zanzibar in 1963, two black rebel leaders from the mainland instigated a rebellion which led to the slaughter of many of the Arabs and South Asians on the island. As one of these thugs later wrote with pride in his memoirs, in his comfortable retirement, he had ordered his gangs of criminals “to fire in all directions and to kill whatever came before them—men, women, children, disabled persons, even chickens and goats”. In just two days, between 5000 and 10,000 people were murdered, often by machete, as the gangs moved from house to house. 20,000 “stooges” were thrown in prison, while 100,000 mostly middle-class persons fled the island. Some 43 per cent of the population were either killed, imprisoned or went into exile in a coup which their perpetrators, and their Western apologists, tried to present “as a local uprising against colonial legacies”.
https://quadrant.org.au/magazine/2024/03/counting-the-cost-of-decolonisation/

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #142 - Mar 19th, 2024 at 11:38pm

No - none of those countries whining about it would have the education, morality or avenue for even whining about it without colonisation having taken place, let alone the language and words to describe their whinging.

No UN... no International courts... no nothing.... just a mumbo jumbo never-ending war with their encroaching neighbours... ancient business as usual..  give 'em a block of land each freehold and explain to them that the rest is Open Range.... NOBODY gets to close off what is Protected National Park.... that be one of them foundations.... NATIONAL means National.... and protected land that is National Park requires no extra attention and protection from primitives....

Look at our lot of whingers...

Tell 'em all to stick it up their RRs..... and to roll their RRses right outta here!

― John Adams

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #143 - Mar 20th, 2024 at 4:00am

Great Britain's success:
North America, South America, Middle-East, Sahul

United Kingdom's success:
Europe, Asia, Africa, Oceania

Great Britain  = Politics, Military, Religion (all the Right stuff)
United Kingdom = Music (Entertainment), sport, Medicine (all the stuff that is Left)

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #144 - Mar 20th, 2024 at 10:36am

In answer to the OP question.

NO!

They weren't the only colonisers this planet has seen.

And it's just BS to make it an issue.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Sir Eoin O Fada
Gold Member

Australian Politics

New England, NSW
Reply #145 - Apr 18th, 2024 at 10:57pm

India is a good example the one unifying language is English and is one of the two official languages, the other is Hindi, which is despised by millions of the population.
The Indian armed services proudly keep their Colours and history from the days of the Raj.
Likewise statues and paintings of British Royalty who reigned over them, hundreds of statues of Queen Victoria were removed however as it was thought that the Brits had gone overboard a bit with her, the last I heard the statues are in storage and can be bought [removal costs would be a bit high though].

Then there’s the railways. . .

Self defence is a right.

IP Logged

Daves2017

Australian Politics

Reply #146 - Apr 19th, 2024 at 11:27pm

On topic I would say no Britain should not be ashamed.

It could have been much worse under Dutch, German, Spanish  or French colonist.

The British, imo have more to be thanks for than ashamed.

Bite me!

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #147 - Apr 23rd, 2024 at 11:47am

Happy St George's Day

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #148 - Apr 23rd, 2024 at 11:52am

Happy St George's Day

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #149 - Apr 23rd, 2024 at 12:00pm

Only in the sense we should all  be ashamed for being men....and do something about it....

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #150 - Apr 23rd, 2024 at 6:16pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on Feb 17th, 2024 at 6:44pm:
It's British tradition to have bum boys in the education system. These normally come from the underprivileged classes.

Otherwise, you get the Boris Johnson situation where he was rumored to have banged a pig cadaver.

This is what makes Britain great?

I once had some dealings with a UK owner of a tech company who traveled with the manager of his company. He continually referred to that manager as his bum boy.  The "bum boy" was not uncomfortable with that.

The biggest boy and animal
f
uc
k
ers in the world are in the middle east ....
in all the arab countries that surround Israel.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #151 - Apr 23rd, 2024 at 6:18pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Apr 23rd, 2024 at 12:00pm:
Only in the sense we should all  be ashamed for being men....and do something about it....

about what you dipstick?

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #152 - Yesterday at 9:14pm

The 'shame' of Britain is Africa, Asia, Oceania and finally Europe (from which it will be banished from eventually).

It's 'pride' is that of S.America, Middle-East, Sahul and finally N.America (again).

Such is the ways of the world. It is written.

...the shame of the Media is N.America, S.America, Sahul (here) and Middle-East.

...it's pride and loyalty is to Africa, Asia, Europe and Oceania.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print