Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
John Howard on gun laws (Read 8607 times)
Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: John Howard on gun laws
Reply #45 - Apr 6th, 2016 at 4:59pm

BigOl64 wrote on Apr 6th, 2016 at 2:59pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 6th, 2016 at 2:49pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Apr 6th, 2016 at 12:42pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 6th, 2016 at 11:08am:
Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 5th, 2016 at 6:01pm:
Quote:

Roll Eyes

I agree with Howard they need to be tougher.

You and howard are as delusional as each other, crims do not give a fkkk how tough the laws are, that is why they are crims.

Only a complete cretin would believe that laws make a difference to personal safety in this country. If someone wants to get a gun and blow someone away, they will easy enough. Because here is the kicker, law abiding gun owners aren't problem genius and never have been.

Wasn't Martin Bryant a legal gun owner?

Jeezus H christ you are fkking joking aren't you?

That has got to be the most stupid replies from an anti-gun hysteric yet and there and have been some good ones.

You obviously know nothing of the subject and are just trolling for sh1ts and giggles.

Yes, how ridiculous to suggest that a legal gun owner could be responsible for that type of atrocity

Bryant also withdrew many thousands of dollars during this period. He used at least some of this money in late 1993 to purchase an AR-10 semi-automatic rifle through a newspaper advertisement in Tasmania. In March 1996, he had his AR-10 repaired at a gun shop and made enquiries about AR-15 rifles in other gun shops. In April 1995, he also purchased cleaning kits for a .30 calibre weapon and a 12 gauge Daewoo shotgun. He purchased a sports bag and told a shop attendant that it would need to be strong enough to carry large amounts of ammunition. He told his girlfriend, Petra Wilmott, a different story about the purpose of the bag. He also hid the weapons and a large amount of ammunition at his house. At the time of purchase no registration of guns outside of handguns was required in Tasmania.

Oh wait he was a legal gun owner.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #46 - Apr 6th, 2016 at 6:26pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 6th, 2016 at 4:59pm:
.......Oh wait he was a legal gun owner.

So, what does that prove about Howard's useless, illusionary & delusional gun laws?

So what does it mean if Bryant "legally" owned his guns or not?

Absolutely nothing at all.....Zero....Nada....Nill 

The only meaningful & honest question really should be:

How many murders have been committed with firearms, or any other means, by criminals prior to PA?

How many murders have been committed with firearms, or any other means, by criminals since PA?

Not:

How many legal gun owners have committed mass murder of over 10 people prior to PA?

How many legal gun owners have committed mass murder of over 10 people since PA?

We don't have now, nor have we ever had a firearm problem in Australia, but we always have had a criminal problem in Australia.

When will these brilliant lawmakers, law enforcement personnel, & judges start to enforce the laws on the books, instead of smoke screening us into believing that we somehow need more ineffectual gun laws to combat crime?

Good, honest, law abiding gun owners don't commit the majority of gun crimes by a long shot.....but criminals do & always have.

Prosecute them, instead of persecuting those that don't commit the crimes with useless new laws that the law enforcement system can't enforce against criminals.

« Last Edit: Apr 6th, 2016 at 6:48pm by Panther »  

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #47 - Apr 6th, 2016 at 6:46pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 6th, 2016 at 4:59pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Apr 6th, 2016 at 2:59pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 6th, 2016 at 2:49pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Apr 6th, 2016 at 12:42pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 6th, 2016 at 11:08am:
Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 5th, 2016 at 6:01pm:
Quote:

Roll Eyes

I agree with Howard they need to be tougher.

You and howard are as delusional as each other, crims do not give a fkkk how tough the laws are, that is why they are crims.

Only a complete cretin would believe that laws make a difference to personal safety in this country. If someone wants to get a gun and blow someone away, they will easy enough. Because here is the kicker, law abiding gun owners aren't problem genius and never have been.

Wasn't Martin Bryant a legal gun owner?

Jeezus H christ you are fkking joking aren't you?

That has got to be the most stupid replies from an anti-gun hysteric yet and there and have been some good ones.

You obviously know nothing of the subject and are just trolling for sh1ts and giggles.

Yes, how ridiculous to suggest that a legal gun owner could be responsible for that type of atrocity

Bryant also withdrew many thousands of dollars during this period. He used at least some of this money in late 1993 to purchase an AR-10 semi-automatic rifle through a newspaper advertisement in Tasmania. In March 1996, he had his AR-10 repaired at a gun shop and made enquiries about AR-15 rifles in other gun shops. In April 1995, he also purchased cleaning kits for a .30 calibre weapon and a 12 gauge Daewoo shotgun. He purchased a sports bag and told a shop attendant that it would need to be strong enough to carry large amounts of ammunition. He told his girlfriend, Petra Wilmott, a different story about the purpose of the bag. He also hid the weapons and a large amount of ammunition at his house. At the time of purchase no registration of guns outside of handguns was required in Tasmania.

Oh wait he was a legal gun owner.

You don't even realise just how moronic your posts are do you? You make me weep for humanity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #48 - Apr 7th, 2016 at 12:05am

Why dont you explain then how apparently legal gun owners are being punished for no reason when it was a legal gun owner who got you guys in that mess.

Besides I'm well aware of what Dunning Kruger is.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #49 - Apr 7th, 2016 at 8:22am

Ahhh, the sheep mentality.

We have been told that we are afraid of being killed by all those bad bad men with guns, so we hand over all our rights so that we will be safe.
What a load of ........

howards gun laws were not just about guns, careful manipulation of the laws have allowed the government to erode our rights and freedoms more and more, and all with our willing, smiling agreement.

As a child I knew my father always had a pen knife, he used it to cut apples, cut rope and even administer minor first aid and get splinters out.
As a Boy Scout we all carried a pen knife, everywhere we went.
There was never any knife fights, stabbing or threats by the people I knew because we were normal Australians.

With howards new draconian laws, knives (even the 1" long tiny pen knife) is seen as a deadly threat and you can be punished harshly for carrying one. But it dont end there, a screwdriver, nail file, even a tool is considered a weapon and the person carrying it is considered a dangerous criminal.

Instead of draconian legislation about so called weapons, perhaps some common sense punishment for abuse of tools such as knives and screwdrivers.
Perhaps criminals should be punished and not Australian citizens who are law abiding, but who would like to carry a useful tool on their person.
But no, that's too hard, easier to legislate, fine , criminalize and punish law abiding people while criminals just go on doing what they do best.

The insane are running the asylum.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #50 - Apr 7th, 2016 at 8:44am

You could always leave the asylum

IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Apr 7th, 2016 at 12:51pm

Valkie wrote on Apr 7th, 2016 at 8:22am:
Ahhh, the sheep mentality.

We have been told that we are afraid of being killed by all those bad bad men with guns, so we hand over all our rights so that we will be safe.
What a load of ........

Australians have never had any "rights" to own guns, so your argument fails at the first fence.  Stop wasting our time arguing for something we've never had, thankfully.   Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin

"Pens and books are the weapons that defeat terrorism." - Malala Yousefzai, 2013.

"we will never ever solve violence while we grasp for overly simplistic solutions."
Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #52 - Apr 7th, 2016 at 2:11pm

If you think guns are the rights I'm talking about you are already indoctrinated into the brain dead sheep.

Just go along with what Govco say and be a good little sheep.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #53 - Apr 7th, 2016 at 3:01pm

Isnt going against what the government says also what everyone who goes against the government says also does, so essentially Valkie you're just in a different flock to us.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #54 - Apr 7th, 2016 at 6:30pm

Valkie wrote on Apr 7th, 2016 at 2:11pm:
If you think guns are the rights I'm talking about you are already indoctrinated into the brain dead sheep.

Just go along with what Govco says and be a good little sheep.

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #55 - Apr 7th, 2016 at 9:33pm

Valkie wrote on Apr 7th, 2016 at 8:22am:

With howards new draconian laws, knives (even the 1" long tiny pen knife) is seen as a deadly threat and you can be punished harshly for carrying one. But it dont end there, a screwdriver, nail file, even a tool is considered a weapon and the person carrying it is considered a dangerous criminal.

Dribbling nonsense.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #56 - Apr 7th, 2016 at 11:45pm

Maybe some of you will understand the connection!

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #57 - Apr 8th, 2016 at 6:28am

Quote:
Dribbling nonsense.

Ya think so?
Try getting on a plane with a nail file or nail clippers.

Or try getting into Parliament house with same.

Or if you get arrested for something, anything, say protesting, anything found on your person is classed as a weapon.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #58 - Apr 8th, 2016 at 10:20am

Valkie wrote on Apr 8th, 2016 at 6:28am:
Quote:
Dribbling nonsense.

Ya think so?
Try getting on a plane with a nail file or nail clippers.

Or try getting into Parliament house with same.

Or if you get arrested for something, anything, say protesting, anything found
any of the above
found on your person is
could be
classed as a weapon.

That's true on both accounts, except the second, you don't need to be arrested. Saw this fool squak at the coppers & they got him for the lot....whether it stood up in court makes no never mind....he probably had to show up (lost work), & not only pay fines for what did stick, but court costs ta boot.

I'd make it a point to go completely deaf & dumb if & when the police might question me, answer nothing, comment about nothing. Their sole objective is to gather evidence to use against you.....they are not your friends....no matter how they phrase the questions....they are trained to entrap you!

I personally experienced the pen knife on a flight drama.....my lil Swiss Army Knife....been on my key chain for over 20 years....much ado about nothing, but knowing if they stopped me, they'd be stopping the muslims as well made the stupidity more palatable.

« Last Edit: Apr 8th, 2016 at 10:25am by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #59 - Apr 8th, 2016 at 4:26pm

I watched some poor old man get harrassed and yelled at by a couple of security guys at Brisbane airport, because he had some nail clippers in his bag that his wife put in for him.
The poor old cap was getting more and more upset as these security brain dead accused him of criminal intent. I suggested they simply take the nail clippers off him and allow him to go as he was getting somewhat upset.
For that I was grabbed and taken aside for studious and intense examination of my belongings and person.

It seemed to upset them somewhat that I was not concerned one iota, I had nothing to be concerned about and when I pointed out the fact that my companion was recording the whole incident,they became even more aggressive, and wanted to know which one he was. (probably to get the recording off him).
I laughed at their impotence and just smiled, they reluctantly let me go with a warning. There was no companion.

Funny thing though, I was a very regular traveler to Brizzy, and I was never hassled again, although, I often got nasty looks.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print