Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Straying cats - now what do I do ? (Read 10106 times)
Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Re: Straying cats - now what do I do ?
Reply #45 - Jan 17th, 2017 at 6:39am

mantra wrote on Jan 17th, 2017 at 6:29am:
Lord Herbert wrote on Jan 16th, 2017 at 11:55am:
Food-wise my brothers and I lived royally all through our childhood. We were spoilt for choice, having a private cook at home at one time, and then a genius in the kitchen at the boarding school. And then when I arrived in Australia I couldn't stop eating thick rump steaks every day because how incredibly cheap meat was/is here.

Then you were very lucky. The lower class probably didn't have much of a choice and seemed to lived mainly on potatoes and vinegar. My mother was a country girl and she would serve us tripe or pigs trotter. You had to eat it or you got nothing, so we went hungry a fair bit,  but managed to stay healthy. Good food is supposed to play an important part to having a healthy life, but does it?

Rump steak isn't cheap any more and definitely not as tasty as it used to be unless you buy it from a butcher.

I'm sorry that all you had to pig-out on was trotters and tripe. Of all things, tripe with a dash of soya sauce was my father's favourite food. Go figure. And my brother liked to eat sheeps' brains and brawn. Oh, and jars of Roll-Mops.

I once lived in lodgings in Sydney where a very odd American ate practically nothing else but ox tongues cooked in a pressure-cooker which stank the three-storey building out.

IP Logged

AuntieM

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Jan 20th, 2017 at 8:08am

Humane trap and look online to see if there is a no-kill rescue society in your town who will take them.
Even if they don't keep them, they could cheaply neuter the males and that would help.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #47 - Jan 21st, 2017 at 9:33am

AuntieM wrote on Jan 20th, 2017 at 8:08am:
Humane trap and look online to see if there is a no-kill rescue society in your town who will take them.
Even if they don't keep them, they could cheaply neuter the males and that would help.

There are now very few rescue organisations around and they run on a lean budget. Some places will try and rehome cats, but most of them are euthanised simply because they're too expensive to maintain.

Most people just don't want cats unless they're foisted upon them. The main advantage to owning a cat is that they will keep stray cats from getting into your garden.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print