Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 
Send Topic Print
I'm not saying its hot, but .... (Read 45070 times)
Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Re: I'm not saying its hot, but ....
Reply #465 - Feb 25th, 2017 at 10:41am

UnSubRocky wrote on Feb 24th, 2017 at 11:50pm:
Gordon wrote on Feb 24th, 2017 at 9:30pm:
Scorchio

If only we could have some 19 to 27 degree days here with some rain. I really had it wrong about it going to be a wet summer. I look forward to Autumn. I have not had a cold winter for about 2 or 3 years. Last year was such a fortnight winter season, that I feel ripped off at the lack of rain this summer.

Can you post a story where you actually got 'it' right. Just one instance will do.
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2017 at 12:08pm by Unforgiven »  

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #466 - Feb 25th, 2017 at 11:31am

lee wrote on Feb 17th, 2017 at 5:52pm:
TheFunPolice wrote on Feb 17th, 2017 at 1:51pm:
That is why everything is related to a model: a ruler is a model!!

You are coming along nicely, but more work required.

A ruler is a model that behaves according to International Standards.

To what weather or climate International Standard must these models conform? Wink

You bring nothing to the table  Cheesy

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #467 - Feb 25th, 2017 at 11:33am

lee wrote on Feb 24th, 2017 at 9:58pm:
I notice Moree has had 3 weather stations, 2 now closed. The last one open since 1995. I wonder about the step effect of those station changes.

That be coz you a concern troll me matey  Shocked

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #468 - Feb 25th, 2017 at 11:47am

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #469 - Feb 25th, 2017 at 4:32pm

Unforgiven wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 10:41am:
UnSubRocky wrote on Feb 24th, 2017 at 11:50pm:
Gordon wrote on Feb 24th, 2017 at 9:30pm:
Scorchio

If only we could have some 19 to 27 degree days here with some rain. I really had it wrong about it going to be a wet summer. I look forward to Autumn. I have not had a cold winter for about 2 or 3 years. Last year was such a fortnight winter season, that I feel ripped off at the lack of rain this summer.

Can you post a story where you actually got 'it' right. Just one instance will do.

Being wrong about weather patterns was one time that I was wrong in a long time. I normally take being right as a matter of common practice. But if you really want an example, I guess I could use the Test cricket series Australia is playing against India. ie., Australia to be really competitive and win a few games.

IP Logged

Rider
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OnTheRoad
Reply #470 - Feb 25th, 2017 at 8:44pm

I notice Moree has had 3 weather stations, 2 now closed. The last one open since 1995. I wonder about the step effect of those station changes.

Without hesitation I'd reckon the past got cooler and the recent got warmer. Data homogenized to within an inch of its life.

And all other records conveniently disappeared into an Orwellian black hole.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #471 - Mar 1st, 2017 at 7:06pm

An Indian summer protended for Autumn which will drive the racists from their hiding places.

Melbourne is going to be scorched in Autumn:

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/melbourne-weather-summer-was-relatively-mild-b...

Quote:
Melbourne weather: Summer was relatively mild, but get set for a scorcher of an autumn

Australia is in for a hot, dry March, with heightened bushfire risk and the possibility of more heatwaves.

With autumn starting on Wednesday, you can expect warmer days and nights and less rain than usual, the Bureau of Meteorology's climate outlook says.

Indian summer set for Melbourne

For the first time in 12 years Melbourne hasn't had a single 40-degree day during its summer.
Take some solace in the fact there was not a single day over 40 degrees recorded in Melbourne during summer, and we had a slightly cooler February than usual.

"Generally February was a bit cooler than usual – not a big deviation from the usual though," Bureau of Meteorology senior forecaster Keris Arndt​ said.

Melbourne likely to get through summer without 40-degree scorcher
"We did not see any 40 degree days in February, you often see one or two. We did not see one all summer. The hot weather stayed a bit further north."

February's average maximum temperature was 25.6 degrees, with an average low of 14.8 degrees. On the hottest day the mercury reached 36 degrees.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/melbourne-weather-summer-was-relatively-mild-but-get-set-for-a-scorcher-of-an-autumn-20170228-gunnrd.html
Summer spared Melbourne the harshest of heatwaves, but autumn may have other ideas.

The bureau's weather station at Olympic Park measured 40.2 millimetres of rain for the month, nearly all which fell on a single day – February 6.

That was slightly less rainfall than usual for the month.

Above-average temperatures loom for March to May.
The bureau is forecasting a hot, dry autumn with below-average rainfall and heightened fire risk.

There might even be some heatwaves, Robyn Duell​, the bureau's senior climatologist, said in the forecaster's autumn climate outlook.

Rainfall forecast: It's going to be dry.

"In recent weeks the central and eastern tropical Pacific ocean has warmed. And climate models suggest this warming is likely to continue.

"Rainfall is likely to be below average for much of Australia.

Temperatures are expected to be warmer than average, and heatwave and bushfire risks are raised in many areas."

In part the bureau is putting that down to climate change – 22 of the past 26 years have featured below-average rainfall in south-east Australia as the climate steadily warms.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #472 - Mar 1st, 2017 at 7:11pm

Unforgiven wrote on Mar 1st, 2017 at 7:06pm:
n Indian summer protended for Autumn which will drive the racists from their hiding places.

Oh goodie a 3 month weather prediction.

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #473 - Mar 1st, 2017 at 7:36pm

Rider wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 8:44pm:

Without hesitation I'd reckon the past got cooler and the recent got warmer. Data homogenized to within an inch of its life.

And all other records conveniently disappeared into an Orwellian black hole.

You say that the democratically inclined should follow the dodgy accounting, perhaps?

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #474 - Mar 1st, 2017 at 7:37pm

lee wrote on Mar 1st, 2017 at 7:11pm:
n Indian summer protended for Autumn which will drive the racists from their hiding places.

I predict lee is going to hate kids all his life:  Wink

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #475 - Mar 2nd, 2017 at 1:00pm

... Cherry blossoms are:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/cherry-blossom-peak-bloom-early_us_58b70438e...

Quote:
Freakishly Warm February Could Ring In Earliest Cherry Blossom Peak Bloom On Record
The National Park Service expects the trees to look their best between March 14 and 17.

Thanks to February’s exceptionally warm weather, cherry blossom trees in Washington, D.C., could hit peak bloom earlier than has previously been recorded.

As temperatures soared to nearly 80 degrees in the nation’s capital Wednesday, the National Park Service announced that this year’s bloom is expected to be in full swing between March 14 and 17 ― potentially edging out March 15, 1990, as the earliest peak bloom on record.

Peak bloom occurs when 70 percent of the Yoshino cherry blossom trees, the most abundant of the 12 cherry blossom varieties on the National Mall, fully bloom. April 4 is the average peak bloom date. Last year’s peak bloom took place on March 25. It occurred on April 10 in both 2015 and 2014.

“Washington, D.C., had a very mild winter ... and the warmest February on record,” Mike Litterst, a spokesman for the NPS, told The Huffington Post. “Certainly all of that contributed to the early projected peak bloom for the cherry blossoms.”

Cities across the country experienced record high temperatures throughout February. Temperatures in D.C. rose to 20 degrees above average some days, causing the fluffy white flowers on the trees to mature earlier than usual.

2016 DC Cherry Blossoms
Despite the unseasonably warm weather preceding this year’s estimated peak bloom date, Litterst was reluctant to name climate change as the driving force behind the cherry blossoms’ accelerated maturation.

“Since the first half of the 20th century, the average peak bloom day of the cherry blossoms has shifted approximately five days earlier, and D.C. temperatures have increased by about 1.5 degrees Celsius at that same time,” Litterst said. “But the cherry blossoms trees are non-native species, so they grow in D.C. out of their natural context. So they may not be a reliable indicator for climate change.”

Some experts are more willing to connect earlier peak bloom to climate change, though. A 2012 paper from researchers at the University of Washington suggested global warming could result in February peak blooms for D.C.’s cherry blossoms before the next century.

“For its sensitivity to winter and early spring temperatures, the timing of cherry blossoms is an ideal indicator of the impacts of climate change on tree phenology,” the researchers wrote.

Over 1.5 million visitors flock to D.C.’s Tidal Basin every year for the month-long National Cherry Blossom Festival. The newly projected peak bloom dates prompted festival organizers to tweak this year’s start date to March 15, five days earlier than planned. The festival, which provides significant boost to D.C.’s economy each year, will end April 16 as originally scheduled.

IP Logged

Rider
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OnTheRoad
Reply #476 - Mar 2nd, 2017 at 6:15pm

Any summer would be good here. Barely a decent summers day yet this summer. Cold as hell.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #477 - Mar 3rd, 2017 at 1:49am

Rider wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 6:15pm:

Any summer would be good here. Barely a decent summers day yet this summer. Cold as hell.

We must have had conspicuously different weather patterns. Last winter was a warm winter, with only 2 weeks worth of what I would consider cold weather. This just finished summer was one of the hottest we have had in a while. Also, it hardly rained this year or over the summer.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 
Send Topic Print