Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 32
Send Topic Print
I'm not saying its hot, but .... (Read 45069 times)
GordyL
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Hate Town
Re: I'm not saying its hot, but ....
Reply #30 - Mar 15th, 2016 at 7:24am

Svengali wrote on Mar 14th, 2016 at 10:33pm:
GordyL wrote on Mar 14th, 2016 at 10:30pm:
Svengali wrote on Mar 14th, 2016 at 10:25pm:
GordyL wrote on Mar 14th, 2016 at 10:23pm:
Svengali wrote on Mar 14th, 2016 at 10:19pm:
GordyL wrote on Mar 14th, 2016 at 10:09pm:
So you side with the scientists for anthropogenic warming but think vaccinations cause alien abductions.

In GordyL's case alien abduction is just wishful thinking on my part.

Seriously,  can you explain you're trust in science on one topic and mistrust in the other ?

Can GordyL cite its scientific evidence for alien abductions?

It's ok. Anti-vaxxer loons can never answer a direct question. You're in good company .

Now go have a nice glass of unpasteurised milk, it's past your bedtime

Dr. Wakefield who performed studies demonstrating a link between vaccinations and autism recently won a defamation case in court against those who wrongfully denounced his findings. Apologies. Suit was dismissed.

Take a gander at this:

https://avscientificsupportarsenal.wordpress.com/2015/04/29/vaccines-do-cause-au...

Lets nut this out.  Anthropocentric global warming has the overwhelming scientific support of scientists, and with vaccinations we also have the overwhelming support of the scientific community. 

Do you realise Wakefield is to vaccinations as Monkton is to AGW?

How could you possibly side with the science on one issue and against for the other?
« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2016 at 1:44pm by GordyL »  

On the Ning Nang Nong
Where the Cows go Bong!
and the monkeys all say BOO!
IP Logged

Svengali
Gold Member

Please don't thank me

Reply #31 - Mar 15th, 2016 at 9:53am

February was a burster and 2016 is going to exceed 2015 by a great margin as the warmest year by far.

It appears AGW is in a positive feedback phase.

« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2016 at 12:49pm by Svengali »  

We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change.
Serj Tankian

IP Logged

Svengali
Gold Member

Please don't thank me

Reply #32 - Mar 20th, 2016 at 12:16pm

March 2016 was a record setter for temperatures. What's next as we start to approach Australian winter and Northern Hemisphere summer.

Quote:
Australia's March heatwave saw temperatures rise 9°C above average in Victoria and 7°C above average in NSW, and broke a nationwide weather record.

The heatwave, which hit most of Australia in late February and early March, was the focus of a newly released special Bureau of Meteorology (BoM) climate statement.

The abnormal heat developed over much of northern Australia and extended to cover almost all of the nation by March 2, with the most extreme part of the heatwave occurring on March 9-10, the statement said.

BoM recorded the hottest area-averaged March day for Australia on March 2 at 38.14°C – 0.98°C above the previous record.

Some temperature records were set in Queensland at the end of February, with Julia Creek recording 46.1°C, Winton recording 45.5°C and Longreach recording 44.4°C.

In the NT, the western border town of Walungurru set a record for the hottest March day, recording 44.4°C on March 3.

The heatwave in southeastern Australia was more notable for its duration rather than individual extremes, BoM said.

From March 1 to 9, Victorian temperatures were 9.23°C above average, and NSW temperatures were 7.35°C above average.

The Victorian town of Echuca experienced eight days in a row above 38 °C, from March 1-9.

The full special climate statement is available on the BoM website.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/wild-weather/2016/03/17/11/42/record-breaking-march-heat...

We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change.
Serj Tankian

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #33 - Mar 20th, 2016 at 12:35pm

Svengali wrote on Mar 20th, 2016 at 12:16pm:
March 2016 was a record setter for temperatures. What's next as we start to approach Australian winter and Northern Hemisphere summer.

Quote:
Australia's March heatwave saw temperatures rise 9°C above average in Victoria and 7°C above average in NSW, and broke a nationwide weather record.

The heatwave, which hit most of Australia in late February and early March, was the focus of a newly released special Bureau of Meteorology (BoM) climate statement.

The abnormal heat developed over much of northern Australia and extended to cover almost all of the nation by March 2, with the most extreme part of the heatwave occurring on March 9-10, the statement said.

BoM recorded the hottest area-averaged March day for Australia on March 2 at 38.14°C – 0.98°C above the previous record.

Some temperature records were set in Queensland at the end of February, with Julia Creek recording 46.1°C, Winton recording 45.5°C and Longreach recording 44.4°C.

In the NT, the western border town of Walungurru set a record for the hottest March day, recording 44.4°C on March 3.

The heatwave in southeastern Australia was more notable for its duration rather than individual extremes, BoM said.

From March 1 to 9, Victorian temperatures were 9.23°C above average, and NSW temperatures were 7.35°C above average.

The Victorian town of Echuca experienced eight days in a row above 38 °C, from March 1-9.

The full special climate statement is available on the BoM website.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/wild-weather/2016/03/17/11/42/record-breaking-march-heat...

We're all doomed run for the hills its the end of the world.

NO wait if we create a $2 trillion dollar carbon derivatives market we will all be saved.

Thanks guys, that's the way to go.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #34 - Mar 20th, 2016 at 2:16pm

No need to panic!

Major downturn in the ACT temperature for the next week all less than 25c

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #35 - Mar 20th, 2016 at 2:22pm

12 degrees last night in Melbourne & again tonight.

It's perfect weather:

http://www.bom.gov.au/vic/forecasts/melbourne.shtml

IP Logged

Svengali
Gold Member

Please don't thank me

Reply #36 - Mar 20th, 2016 at 2:39pm

March will burst temperature records for global average temperature.

There are a lot of regions around the world suffering drought.

Serj Tankian

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Mar 20th, 2016 at 2:55pm

Svengali wrote on Mar 20th, 2016 at 2:39pm:

But above you said-

March 2016 was a record setter for temperatures.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

There are always areas of the world suffering drought. What is new. When was the last time the world was officially drought free?

ACORN-SAT "data" is homogenised. ACORN-SAT "data" cannot be replicated. If it cannot be replicated is it science?

IP Logged

Svengali
Gold Member

Please don't thank me

Reply #38 - Mar 20th, 2016 at 3:08pm

lee wrote on Mar 20th, 2016 at 2:55pm:

But above you said-

March 2016 was a record setter for temperatures.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

There are always areas of the world suffering drought. What is new. When was the last time the world was officially drought free?

ACORN-SAT "data" is homogenised. ACORN-SAT "data" cannot be replicated. If it cannot be replicated is it science?

I am going to grade you F for comprehension. link=1457918905/32#32 referred to Australian regional temperature records whereas link=1457918905/37#37 referred to global average temperature.

Please pay attention and stop fooling around at the back of the class.

Serj Tankian

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Mar 20th, 2016 at 3:19pm

Svengali wrote on Mar 20th, 2016 at 3:08pm:
I am going to grade you F for comprehension. link=1457918905/32#32 referred to Australian regional temperature records whereas link=1457918905/37#37 referred to global average temperature.

Please pay attention and stop fooling around at the back of the class.

Wow, so high. The teacher obviously didn't understand the statements-

As such the teacher should go back and do one of the new remedial training courses for failed teachers.

IP Logged

Svengali
Gold Member

Please don't thank me

Reply #40 - Mar 20th, 2016 at 4:03pm

Of course its not repeatable. The weather is constantly changing. You cannot repeat results from continuously changing variables other than by fluke.

Please consider:

Quote:
Adj.      1.      homogenised - formed by blending unlike elements especially by reducing one element to particles and dispersing them throughout another substance
homogenized
blended - combined or mixed together so that the constituent parts are indistinguishable

Serj Tankian

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Mar 20th, 2016 at 4:21pm

Svengali wrote on Mar 20th, 2016 at 4:03pm:
Of course its not repeatable. The weather is constantly changing. You cannot repeat results from continuously changing variables other than by fluke.

Please consider:

However the homogenised "dataset" is supposed to be an accurate representation of the weather at a particular location. Now if, for example, we had 3 surrounding stations and we took a mean of those stations for the fourth station, then that would be replicable for that date, because we could look at those locations for that date and compute the reading for the fourth station . However under the current system they cannot do that.

Not that I believe in homogenisation anyway. If a reading for a particular date is missing, simply divide the month by the number of days recorded, if you want an average.

IP Logged

Svengali
Gold Member

Please don't thank me

Reply #42 - Mar 20th, 2016 at 4:54pm

lee wrote on Mar 20th, 2016 at 4:21pm:
Svengali wrote on Mar 20th, 2016 at 4:03pm:

Please consider:

However the homogenised "dataset" is supposed to be an accurate representation of the weather at a particular location. Now if, for example, we had 3 surrounding stations and we took a mean of those stations for the fourth station, then that would be replicable for that date, because we could look at those locations for that date and compute the reading for the fourth station . However under the current system they cannot do that.

Not that I believe in homogenisation anyway. If a reading for a particular date is missing, simply divide the month by the number of days recorded, if you want an average.

I suggest to you that the raw data is not kept because there is so much of it. It is probably processed and then disposed of in order not to clog up computer servers storage capacity. It is probably only the processed results of billions of computations that are homogenised and saved.

Imagine millions of weather sensors (information other than temperature is also measured) and measurements at intervals of minutes and hours.

Serj Tankian

IP Logged

Svengali
Gold Member

Please don't thank me

Reply #43 - Mar 20th, 2016 at 5:08pm

Wait, there's more. Three consecutive years of Global record breaking temperatures:

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/planet-oz/2016/feb/22/fossil-fuel-emissio...

Quote:
A new study in the journal Geophysical Research Letters by Dr Ailie Gallant, of Monash University, and Dr Sophie Lewis, of Australian National University, has come to a conclusion.

Gallant told me:

When we examined a world without human-emitted greenhouse gases in climate models, we found zero instances when there were two consecutive years with record-breaking springtime temperatures like those we observed in 2013 and 2014.

But when we examined a world with these additional greenhouse gases, we saw that this happened somewhere between 1 in every 10 years and one in every four. This evidence suggests that this repeated record breaking that we saw in spring in 2013 and 2014, and again in 2015, is almost certainly due to greenhouse warming.

Now this isn’t a surprising outcome. Australia has been warming at roughly the same rate as the rest of the globe, and the cause is the greenhouse gases accumulating in the atmosphere, mainly from burning fossil fuels.

Previous studies have found human fingerprints all over Australia’s recent heat records.

To carry out the study, Gallant and Lewis combined computer climate models. They ran the models to see if the results they gave matched what was happening in the real world. The differences were “statistically indistinguishable”.

To see what impact greenhouse gases were having, they then removed the greenhouse gases from the models to make a comparison.

What makes the study intriguing is that it not only tried to answer the question of the impacts of greenhouse gas emissions, but also looked to find out exactly how they were affecting temperatures. Gallant says:

We had just had two hot springs in a row and we were set for a third. They were really remarkable. They broke records by a long way. We wanted to know; is the weather we are experiencing changing, or is it just that we’ve warmed up.

The evidence is that the underlying air masses are warming, rather than the systems themselves changing.

We are getting more record hot springs and it is highly unlikely that this is not due to climate change. But the reason we are getting more record hot springs is not because the weather systems are changing, it is just that everything is warmer.

The study found the natural background conditions (such as atmospheric circulations and the state of the El Niño/La Niña cycle) that existed during those record-breaking springs “have occurred in the past” yet temperatures had been at least 0.21C cooler.

Serj Tankian

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Mar 20th, 2016 at 5:08pm

Svengali wrote on Mar 20th, 2016 at 4:54pm:
suggest to you that the raw data is not kept because there is so much of it. It is probably processed and then disposed of in order not to clog up computer servers storage capacity. It is probably only the processed results of billions of computations that are homogenised and saved.

In that case there would be no historical data and could never be checked. An absolute nightmare and I suggest you are absolutely wrong.

It is how they worked out that the temperature homogenisation process wasn't correct, despite years of protestation.

'The Bureau does not alter the original temperature data measured at individual stations. Rather, the Bureau creates additional long, continuous and consistent (homogeneous) records for locations across the country.'

http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/change/acorn-sat/index.shtml#tabs=Methods

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 32
Send Topic Print