Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 32
Send Topic Print
I'm not saying its hot, but .... (Read 45262 times)
TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Re: I'm not saying its hot, but ....
Reply #210 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 4:15pm

longweekend58 wrote on Nov 25th, 2016 at 2:34pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Nov 25th, 2016 at 12:47pm:
longweekend58 wrote on Nov 25th, 2016 at 11:40am:
Imagine the shock and horror of a few hot days  just before summer!

funny how cool temperatures are 'just weather, not climate', but a few hot days are  'proof' of global warming.

True, but a lot of the deniers use the same line of argument. I've heard Alan Jones, say it was under 5 degrees in Sydney mornings in November therefore climate change is a crock.

And they are just as stupid. But if the hysterics use this ploy, we cant then condemn deniers who do the same.

So why don't we all just sit back and drink our subsidised politicians wine and watch our kids kidskids multi-year sea ice in the Arctic melt.

Good friggin' idea: let's poison the well so we all die!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #211 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 4:15pm

longweekend58 wrote on Nov 25th, 2016 at 2:34pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Nov 25th, 2016 at 12:47pm:
longweekend58 wrote on Nov 25th, 2016 at 11:40am:
Imagine the shock and horror of a few hot days  just before summer!

funny how cool temperatures are 'just weather, not climate', but a few hot days are  'proof' of global warming.

True, but a lot of the deniers use the same line of argument. I've heard Alan Jones, say it was under 5 degrees in Sydney mornings in November therefore climate change is a crock.

And they are just as stupid. But if the hysterics use this ploy, we cant then condemn deniers who do the same.

So why don't we all just sit back and drink our subsidised politicians wine and watch out kids kid skids multi-year sea ice in the Arctic melt.

Good friggin' idea: let's poison the well so we all die!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #212 - Dec 6th, 2016 at 4:23am

Recovered from my couple hours worth of being in the sun during my 7-hour shift yesterday. Had to sleep all day today. Now I'm up near 5 in the morning because of some stupid desire to read. Was near 40 degrees on Sunday.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #213 - Dec 7th, 2016 at 12:47am

Wowee, 44.6 in central Queensland. This will cause some heated comments from AGW denier denizen lee and its ilk.

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/national/qld/2016/12/06/qld-heatwave-to-continue-...

Quote:
Queensland is preparing for its fifth straight day of sweltering conditions, however relief is in sight.

Monday saw a state-wide high of 44.6C at Windorah, with Dirrinbandi hitting 44C

Brisbane and coastal areas of the southeast were only around 30C due to the cooling effect of sea breezes.

Weather bureau forecaster Dean Narramore said Tuesday would see similar conditions.

"Another day of widespread 40s across the inland, near the coast the sea breezes will keep the coast only about a degree above average but widespread six to eight degrees above average across much of the inland," he said.

However that should be the last day of higher temperatures for some areas.

"Wednesday we start cooling down in places like Birdsville, although in this case 'cooling down' means dropping to the low 30s," Mr Narramore said.

"Then Thursday we start to really see it cooling down through southern and southeast Queensland with the 40s contracting up to northwest Queensland."

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #214 - Dec 7th, 2016 at 10:12am

Can the pommies take the heat?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2016/11/30/uk-media-is-concerned-for-reality-tv...

Quote:
The UK Media Freaks Out Over Reality TV Stars Facing "Fatal" Aussie Weather
Won't someone think of the celebrities!

The UK's "I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!" are filming in Australia
Australian weather has hit headlines across the UK as headlines express fears for the contestants of "I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!"

The UK Media is reporting producers of the show are holding 'crisis' talks as temperatures are set to rise above 40 degrees celsius in Queensland.

The Mirror headline reads "I'm A Celebrity holds crisis talks as 'fatal' heatwave set to sweep Australia and older stars at risk," reporting particular concern for the older celebrities such as 69-year-old Larry Lamb.

"Producers are on extra high alert because of the heat wave," a source told the Mirror. ""They are making sure there is plenty of water and ways to keep the camp-mates cool."

The Sun is reporting on the 'fatal' heatwave set to sweep Australia, with the headline "This Weather is Dangerous and Can Kill".

"Contestants are being told to take extra care to make sure they are drinking enough water and not doing anything too active," a source told the tabloid newspaper. "All the contestants need to keep hydrated and be reapplying sun cream regularly. This weather is dangerous and can kill. Even Aussies won't be out in the midday sun.''

Eight contestants are left on the show which is being filmed at Springbrook National Park. The line-up aren't Aussie household names, but include "Gogglebox" star Scarlett Moffatt, stand up comic Joel Commett and Olympic hockey player Sam Quek.

The Bureau of Meteorology has predicated a heatwave that is likely to be unpleasant not only for the UK Celebs. It's going to be scortching hot in large parts of New South Wales and southern Queensland.

However -- despite UK reports that the weather will be "fatal" -- with adequate preparation you can stay safe during the heat wave. Queensland Health advises staying hydrated, using sun protection and staying in-doors.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #215 - Dec 7th, 2016 at 10:28am

Unforgiven wrote on Dec 7th, 2016 at 12:47am:
Wowee, 44.6 in central Queensland. This will cause some heated comments from AGW denier denizen lee and its ilk.

Nope. I don't see any claims of a record. Must be weather.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #216 - Dec 7th, 2016 at 11:12am

lee wrote on Dec 7th, 2016 at 10:28am:

Please take a temperature measurement under denizen lee's collar.

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #217 - Dec 7th, 2016 at 10:01pm

lee wrote on Dec 7th, 2016 at 10:28am:

Climate is weather: it's a change in the weather!

Weather changes things physically but chemical changes cause permanent weather changes, potentially.

Chemical change is what Climate Change is about: permanent change to the weather.

Hey, let's all make money selling crap houses to immigrants that need to escape the desert: go uncle bobs everywhere... I'm a friggin boatbuilder etc etc etc etc etc ... yeh, we all know how it works buddy!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

wA is full of these fascist front bottom* all dinosaurs who never retire as they will just come home to a family full of sinners  Embarrassed

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #218 - Dec 7th, 2016 at 10:04pm

My kid live sin Julie bishops electorate: he gets the spare rental to smoke crack with his panda eyed sister as long as he votes charlatan for life...

etc etc etc... go western democracies that outsource everything for expediently irrational reason!

Wow: real friggin smart  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #219 - Dec 7th, 2016 at 10:40pm

Unforgiven wrote on Dec 7th, 2016 at 10:12am:
Can the pommies take the heat?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2016/11/30/uk-media-is-concerned-for-reality-tv...

[quote]The UK Media Freaks Out Over Reality TV Stars Facing "Fatal" Aussie Weather
Won't someone think of the celebrities!

The UK's "I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!" are filming in Australia
Australian weather has hit headlines across the UK as headlines express fears for the contestants of "I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!"

The UK Media is reporting producers of the show are holding 'crisis' talks as temperatures are set to rise above 40 degrees celsius in Queensland.

How did Great Britain take over Iraq, again? Via proxy? A secret use of futuristic force fields that keep the heat out? Some kind of high-speed transportation that gets people into the shade quickly? Or did they tough it out back then?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #220 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 11:53pm

Very hazy today. Thought perhaps there might be fires burning in the region. I don't know if they helped shade the sun today, but it was not too bad. Tomorrow should bring about some wild storms and heavy rain for this town. I'm hopeful.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #221 - Dec 9th, 2016 at 8:59am

Poms are toasty:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2352603/winter-heatwave-means-uk-will-stay-hotter-...

Quote:
UK HEAT ROASTS CANARIES

Winter heatwave means UK will stay hotter than Tenerife as temperatures soar 20 degrees in days

The unseasonable warm weather set to continue until the weekend

THE temperature soared to 17C (62.6F) yesterday and sparked a mini heatwave warmer than Tenerife.

Parts of Scotland and Wales had the highest temperature while it was 15C in the Canaries.

London in mild weather

The UK has been basking in a mini winter heatwave

The warm spell will last for another three days before more normal ­winter temperatures arrive on Sunday.

London and Manchester reached 15C yesterday.

And it was 15.4C in Bude, Cornwall, and 15.6C in Keswick, Cumbria.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #222 - Dec 9th, 2016 at 12:56pm

Quadruple whammy coming to four cities.

http://www.smh.com.au/environment/weather/sydney-weather-rare-heatwave-a-chance-...

Quote:
Sydney weather: 'Rare' heatwave a chance for southern Australia

Sydney – and much of southern Australia  – is likely to get its biggest blast of heat since last summer with the possibility that four major cities will top 33 degrees on the same day for the first time in December since 1965, according to Weatherzone.

The warmth will build steadily from the west, with Perth bracing for a couple of days of 37 degrees from Friday.

Depending on the timing of a cool change - and Sydney's fickle sea-breezes - each of Adelaide, Melbourne, Canberra and Sydney could all reach 33 degrees next Tuesday.

"It's rare to have all of those cities reaching those kind of thresholds all at the same time," Rob Sharpe, a meteorologist at Weatherzone, said. The last time each of the four centres hit that mark on the same day was in February 2011.

Cronulla rock pool will get busier next week as the mercury climbs.

The burst of warmth comes after large parts of inland NSW and Queensland were scorched in a persistent heatwave last week.

​"The intensity of the hottest air is fairly similar [to that heatwave]," Mr Sharpe said. "It's just across a larger area", bringing consecutive days of warm conditions to much of southern Australia.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #223 - Dec 13th, 2016 at 10:59am

It's the opposite of extremely cold:

http://www.9news.com.au/wild-weather/2016/12/13/02/21/early-summer-scorcher-to-h...

Quote:
Fifty-year weather record could be broken as early scorcher sweeps south-eastern Australia
9NEWS  By 9NEWS
Sydney is facing its hottest back-to-back days in 10 years. (AAP)
FTBA
An early-summer scorcher expected to be the most severe in years is due to sweep New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia and the ACT from today.

Weatherzone forecasts that Adelaide, Melbourne, Canberra and Sydney could all reach 33C or higher today, in the most widespread heat to affect the nation this early in the season in 51 years.

Sydney is facing its hottest back-to-back days in 10 years, with the mercury forecast to hit 36C in the CBD and 39C in the west today, before climbing to 39C and 38C respectively tomorrow.

If those forecasts are correct, Sydney will record its hottest consecutive days since October 2006, when temperatures reached 36.7C and 36.2C, according to the Bureau of Meteorology (BoM).

Crowds at Bondi during hot weather. (AAP file image)
A new record could also be set tonight for the warmest December night in Sydney since 1972, with temperatures not expected to fall below 25C.

"We are going to have generally hot and dry north westerly winds associated with these warm temperatures," BoM  forecaster Sarah Chadwick said.

Winds will also increase the risk of bushfires, with warnings and total fire bans already declared across much of NSW.

BoM's heatwave map for December 12 to December 14. (BoM)
The pool of heat first hit Perth at the weekend and is now spreading across southern Australia towards the east coast, Weatherzone said.

In Adelaide, temperatures soared to 28C by 9am yesterday, after climbing by 11 degrees in three hours, Weatherzone said. The city is expected to swelter in the mid-thirties today.

Melbourne is expected to continue to sweat in low-to-mid-thirties temperatures today, and remain above 20C tonight – which could be the city's warmest night since last summer.

Canberra is also expected to experience temperatures in the low-thirties today, with a similar warm night. If the mercury stays about 20C tonight, it will be the city's warmest December minimum in a decade.

With use of air conditioning expected to soar, energy providers have reassured customers they are prepared for the demand.

"On days like today, electricity consumption can increase by 50 percent when temperatures approach 40 degrees with the use of air conditioners," Endeavour Energy spokesman Peter Payne said.

The Red Cross has urged everyone to keep an eye on their neighbours, with children and the elderly among those most at risk.

"Remember to check on your neighbours because older people, pregnant women, children, those with a disability and people taking medications are among those who are more at risk," a spokeswoman said.

A cool change is expected to affect Adelaide this afternoon, Melbourne tonight, Canberra tomorrow and Sydney tomorrow night, Weatherzone said.

Temperatures will likely drop by up to 15 degrees within 24 hours.

Hobart and Brisbane are expected to escape the worst of the heat, with possible temperatures of 28 degrees today.
« Last Edit: Dec 13th, 2016 at 11:10am by Unforgiven »  

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #224 - Dec 13th, 2016 at 11:01am

Unforgiven wrote on Dec 13th, 2016 at 10:59am:
It's the opposite of extremely cold:

http://www.9news.com.au/wild-weather/2016/12/13/02/21/early-summer-scorcher-to-h...

Quote:
Fifty-year weather record could be broken as early scorcher sweeps south-eastern Australia
9NEWS  By 9NEWS
FTBA
An early-summer scorcher expected to be the most severe in years is due to sweep New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia and the ACT from today.

Weatherzone forecasts that Adelaide, Melbourne, Canberra and Sydney could all reach 33C or higher today, in the most widespread heat to affect the nation this early in the season in 51 years.

Sydney is facing its hottest back-to-back days in 10 years, with the mercury forecast to hit 36C in the CBD and 39C in the west today, before climbing to 39C and 38C respectively tomorrow.

If those forecasts are correct, Sydney will record its hottest consecutive days since October 2006, when temperatures reached 36.7C and 36.2C, according to the Bureau of Meteorology (BoM).

A new record could also be set tonight for the warmest December night in Sydney since 1972, with temperatures not expected to fall below 25C.

"We are going to have generally hot and dry north westerly winds associated with these warm temperatures," BoM  forecaster Sarah Chadwick said.

Winds will also increase the risk of bushfires, with warnings and total fire bans already declared across much of NSW.

The pool of heat first hit Perth at the weekend and is now spreading across southern Australia towards the east coast, Weatherzone said.

In Adelaide, temperatures soared to 28C by 9am yesterday, after climbing by 11 degrees in three hours, Weatherzone said. The city is expected to swelter in the mid-thirties today.

Melbourne is expected to continue to sweat in low-to-mid-thirties temperatures today, and remain above 20C tonight – which could be the city's warmest night since last summer.

Canberra is also expected to experience temperatures in the low-thirties today, with a similar warm night. If the mercury stays about 20C tonight, it will be the city's warmest December minimum in a decade.

With use of air conditioning expected to soar, energy providers have reassured customers they are prepared for the demand.

"On days like today, electricity consumption can increase by 50 percent when temperatures approach 40 degrees with the use of air conditioners," Endeavour Energy spokesman Peter Payne said.

The Red Cross has urged everyone to keep an eye on their neighbours, with children and the elderly among those most at risk.

"Remember to check on your neighbours because older people, pregnant women, children, those with a disability and people taking medications are among those who are more at risk," a spokeswoman said.

A cool change is expected to affect Adelaide this afternoon, Melbourne tonight, Canberra tomorrow and Sydney tomorrow night, Weatherzone said.

Temperatures will likely drop by up to 15 degrees within 24 hours.

Hobart and Brisbane are expected to escape the worst of the heat, with possible temperatures of 28 degrees today.

Is that weather or climate change?

IBI

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 32
Send Topic Print