Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 32
Send Topic Print
I'm not saying its hot, but .... (Read 45269 times)
UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Re: I'm not saying its hot, but ....
Reply #195 - Nov 24th, 2016 at 9:19pm

It was a real dry heat today. I looked at my electronic thermometre that read 34 degrees. Despite it being 36 according to the bureau at that time online. Air conditioner went on as soon as I got home. The house was stuffy even at 7pm. All windows open. Bedroom door to the south-west of my home was blown closed. Searched town for a decent portable air conditioner that did not cost much. I'm too spoilt for my own good.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #196 - Nov 24th, 2016 at 9:21pm

It was a real dry heat today. I looked at my electronic thermometre that read 34 degrees. Despite it being 36 according to the bureau at that time online. Air conditioner went on as soon as I got home. The house was stuffy even at 7pm. All windows open. Bedroom door to the south-west of my home was blown closed. Searched town for a decent portable air conditioner that did not cost much. I'm too spoilt for my own good.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #197 - Nov 24th, 2016 at 10:11pm

Sounds like you should have grabbed a beer, the laptop and sat outside. 34 is not very hot if it's a dry heat as anyone form Perth will tell you. 34 here when it's humid is a sweatshop.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #198 - Nov 24th, 2016 at 10:15pm

Denizen Bobby turns the heating on when the temperature drops below 30oC.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #199 - Nov 24th, 2016 at 10:18pm

The BOM is saying its hot; Maryborough hit 39oC, 10 above average.:

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/11/24/18/19/record-hot-temperatures-for-pa...

Quote:
Parts of Queensland have recorded their hottest temperatures for this time of year - and many more scorchers are on the way in the Sunshine State.

Bundaberg on Thursday reached 37 degrees, which is nine above average, while Maryborough hit 39C, 10 above average.

Weather bureau forecaster Rick Threlfall said that was the hottest November day on record for Maryborough.

"And those records go back to the early 1900s, so it's a pretty significant one there," Mr Threlfall said.

In perhaps a case of bad timing, Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk visited Maryborough on Thursday, although the heat seemingly didn't stop her getting out and meeting locals.

Brisbane topped out at 34.1C, not record breaking but still six degrees above average.

The early heatwave came as the Bureau of Meteorology released its Climate and Water Outlook for December to February, predicting warmer and drier than average conditions across Queensland for summer.

"The odds are that it will be, particularly in the southeast of the state, warmer than average through the course of the summer," Mr Threlfall said.

He said while the region will be in a weak La Nina system for most of the summer, which usually brings rain, the region is expected to stay dry, which will drive up temperatures.

"If we're in really wet conditions like in 2011, 2012, a lot of cloud and rain - round temperatures are really depressed.

"But if we've got clear skies and sunshine you get very hot conditions through January and February."

The outlook for a hot, dry summer follows a wetter-than-average spring, with parts of western Queensland recording their highest September rainfall on record.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #200 - Nov 25th, 2016 at 2:47am

Setanta wrote on Nov 24th, 2016 at 10:11pm:
Sounds like you should have grabbed a beer, the laptop and sat outside. 34 is not very hot if it's a dry heat as anyone form Perth will tell you. 34 here when it's humid is a sweatshop.

I was saying that it was hotter than the electronic thermometre was suggesting. I have this sensor for my thermometre that I put under the house away from the sunlight. Problem being that I kept the sensor near the hot water system (about 2 metres away) during the winter. I was getting 12 to 15 degree minimum temperatures when the weather was about 5 to 10 degrees. I sorted that by putting the sensor another 5 metres on the other side of the downstairs. But now I have lower than reported readings compared to the BOM website. Figure the sensor is either dodgy, or needs a battery change.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #201 - Nov 25th, 2016 at 11:28am

The Arctic and Antarctic are experiencing unusually warm temperatures and ice formation is at lowest ever for this time of year.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #202 - Nov 25th, 2016 at 11:40am

Imagine the shock and horror of a few hot days  just before summer!

funny how cool temperatures are 'just weather, not climate', but a few hot days are  'proof' of global warming.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

FRED.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #203 - Nov 25th, 2016 at 11:43am

longweekend58 wrote on Nov 25th, 2016 at 11:40am:

funny how cool temperatures are 'just weather, not climate', but a few hot days are  'proof' of global warming.

So true for the FREAKS! Wink

FRED.bell58@yahoo.com.au FRED.bell58@yahoo.com.au  
IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #204 - Nov 25th, 2016 at 12:47pm

True, but a lot of the deniers use the same line of argument. I've heard Alan Jones, say it was under 5 degrees in Sydney mornings in November therefore climate change is a crock.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #205 - Nov 25th, 2016 at 2:34pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Nov 25th, 2016 at 12:47pm:

True, but a lot of the deniers use the same line of argument. I've heard Alan Jones, say it was under 5 degrees in Sydney mornings in November therefore climate change is a crock.

And they are just as stupid. But if the hysterics use this ploy, we cant then condemn deniers who do the same.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #206 - Nov 25th, 2016 at 3:48pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Nov 25th, 2016 at 12:47pm:

Then again, the chicken littles probably would use that as evidence that climate change is real.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #207 - Nov 25th, 2016 at 4:24pm

35 in Perth at the moment.

I'm over it   Sad

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #208 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 11:34am

Suck it up:

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/d24241060098393b86f40dca9203bf76

http://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/heatwave-hanging-around-as-consecu...

Quote:
THE heatwave affecting much of Queensland and NSW is hanging around but forecasters have said a series of weather fronts will bring a “seesaw” of unstable and sticky conditions with sunshine punctuated by thunderstorms.
Western suburbs of both Brisbane and Sydney could get in to the mid to high 30s as the week progresses.

Further south, Victoria and Tasmania are again likely to be spared the above average temperatures and stifling humidity but Perth could break the 30C barrier towards the end of the week.

Birdsville, in south west Queensland, reached 46C on the weekend. Even with moderating sea breezes, temperatures in Brisbane were still stuck stubbornly above average.

Brisbane City Council was criticised on Sunday, reported the Courier Mail, after it sent 133,000 residents, who had signed up to an early weather warning service, information about a storm when most of the cells had already passed through and a full three hours following the Bureau of Meteorology releasing 16 severe weather warnings.

The forecast for Monday afternoon shows the heatwave lingering over southern Queensland and northern NSW. Picture: Bureau of Meteorology.

The bureau has said the heatwave conditions are set to remain at least until Thursday.
“There’s a really stagnant hot air mess remaining over Queensland until the end of the week,” forecaster Annabelle Ford told news.com.au.

A “severe” heatwave could scrape the south east coast with warnings for vulnerable people, including the young, elderly and mums-to-be, to stay hydrated and out of the heat.

Brisbane will be sunny with highs bobbing around 31C all week, while Ipswich will reach 35C on Monday and as high as 37C on Wednesday.
Further inland an “extreme” heatwave is predicted which could compromise infrastructure and adversely affect even the healthy.
Longreach and Roma are unlikely to fall below 40C until at least Thursday with both reaching 42C on Tuesday.
But some respite is on the horizon.
Beachgoers cool down at Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast. Picture: AAP
Beachgoers cool down at Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast. Picture: AAPSource:AAP
“A southerly change is coming through and that will reach south east Queensland on Friday and after that it will be cooler,” Ms Ford said.
The change could be heralded by a series of storms caused by warm and moist air. “It will be a bit more unstable in the latter part of the week,” she said.
That instability is already apparent in NSW with rains passing through Sydney this morning and possible storms predicted on Monday afternoon.
While concentrated on Queensland, the severe heatwave still covers much of northern NSW and a finger of above average hot conditions is stretching as far south as the Murray.
Sydney is expected to reach at least 30C on Monday, well above the seasonal average for December of 25C. Penrith, in the city’s west, will get to at least 34C twice this week including on Monday.
The heatwave is lingering on Australia’s east coast. Picture: Bureau of Meteorology
The heatwave is lingering on Australia’s east coast. Picture: Bureau of MeteorologySource:Supplied
Moree, in the state’s north, will be stuck around 40C on Monday and Tuesday.
“A broad trough of low pressure affecting the region is feeding off moist air coming off the Coral Sea generating unstable conditions across much of NSW,” bureau forecaster Zach Porter told news.com.au.

Sporadic showers are likely until Wednesday with nightly highs of around 20C meaning it’s a fans on, covers off kind of week. Along the costal strip, high humidity levels are already making it sticky.

A series of weather fronts passing through the state will see temperatures fall back to average before rocketing up again, he said.

Humidity is particularly high in coastal read of NSW. Picture: Bureau of Meteorology.

“A southerly change will be coming to the (South Coast of NSW) this afternoon, reaching Sydney this evening and further north on Tuesday but it looks like it might weaken Tuesday evening,” Mr Porter said.

“Following that, another southerly on Wednesday will likely reach all the way up the coast.”

The consecutive systems will bring highs down to 27C on Tuesday and 24C on Wednesday.

But the cooling southerlies will then be blasted out of the way by a wind change midweek sucking the hot air from Central Australia to the east coast taking the mercury up to 30C on Thursday.

“It’s a seesaw of temperatures this time of year,” said Mr Porter.

“Winds from the west will bring more heat but that will be ahead of a cold change that will bring temperatures down to average on the weekend.”

Melbourne will see a high of 21C on Monday, rising to 25C on Wednesday with settled conditions. Perth will be sunny and 24C reaching 31C on Thursday.

Adelaide will hover around 25C before brushing 30C midweek.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #209 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 3:42pm

Well that settles it. If it's hot in Queensland and NSW it must be global.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 32
Send Topic Print