Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Re: Self defence
Reply #75 - Apr 1st, 2016 at 12:32pm

Lionel Edriess wrote on Mar 31st, 2016 at 9:32pm:
News Flash!

The victim was an ice user who has a previous record of home invasion, kiddy fiddling, violence, etc. etc. Has served time and was 'getting his life back on track'.

Yeah, right!

The accused is now in jail and at the mercy of the somewhat dubious mercy of the police.

He'll suffer out of all proportion because of the media hype surrounding the case and the judiciary not wanting to set a precedent.

Just ring 000 and wait for help! Yeah, right!

Justice, these days, is proportional to representation, political agendas and vested interests.

What has changed in our society since then to allow the the perpetrator to even walk the streets, to accuse a father defending his family of excessive force when defending his family, and the ever-present PC slant on the dead man's ethnicity?

Heaven forbid that the general public start defending themselves! FFS, if this keeps up, they might even start thinking for themselves!

Bureaucracy needs Soylent Green, not an educated populace.

In all matters, especially when defending yourself, Political Correctness seems to trump all levels & layers of logic, understanding, & decency today. It seems that nothing else really matters.

Each ethnic group has a number assigned to them....their PC Number....how guilty one is depends on the PC Number of those they speak to, or interact with, & how loud, & what is said to them, & in this case how offended they are allowed to feel & how grievously the lower PC Numbered person is accused by everyone, including the Government & Media.

By the way if you're a White Christian Male, you must assume the PC Value of -1, & if you're an Aboriginal Muslim Female you've hit the jackpot of +110 unless you are dealing with an Aboriginal Muslim Male, who automatically is given +2 Preference PC points over any female of any race or ethnicity.

« Last Edit: Apr 1st, 2016 at 12:54pm by Panther »  

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #76 - Apr 1st, 2016 at 1:32pm

MumboJumbo wrote on Mar 31st, 2016 at 6:03pm:
Aussie wrote on Mar 31st, 2016 at 5:01pm:
Incorrect.  "On reasonable grounds."

Need reasonable grounds to support your apprehension of violence. Once you've got that, you're set!

as i stated before, the only thing to say is "I was in fear of my life" , conviction is then highly unlikely as all that needs to be shown was the fear reasonable.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #77 - Apr 5th, 2016 at 8:45am

A person I know (a black belt Karate instructor) was attacked by two men.
He was struck from behind by the first man and he grabbed said man and threw him aside as the second man ran in to strike him.
He did not hit the man, he threw him to the side with a body throw.
The second man was coming at speed so he punched him as he attacked, breaking the mans jaw and collar bone, mainly from the mans momentum.
The first man however head butted the wall and suffered a concussion.

The police came and arrested the man who was attacked and the criminals went to hospital.

In court, the man could not refer to the two criminals previous violent convictions as there was an outstanding conviction and the mans case may/ would have impacted on a "Fair" trial.

The man was charged initially with assault occasioning bodily harm, but this was argued down to using undue force to defend himself.
Apparently, although he only struck 1 person, this was unreasonable force because he was a trained fighter.
He avoided a jail sentence, but lost his job because he had a criminal conviction, he also had a 12 month probation requiring him to go to a police station every day.
He was 45 years old and had never committed a crime in his life.....ever.

There is a provision by law that allows you to defend yourself with an open hand, the law is an ass, thee are several very effective techniques that use an open hand in Karate, unfortunately these are quite injurious to the attacker, but hell, as a martial artist of over 20 years that is the way I will defend myself in future.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #78 - Apr 5th, 2016 at 10:16am

Valkie wrote on Apr 5th, 2016 at 8:45am:
A person I know (a black belt Karate instructor) was attacked by two men.
He was struck from behind by the first man and he grabbed said man and threw him aside as the second man ran in to strike him.
He did not hit the man, he threw him to the side with a body throw.
The second man was coming at speed so he punched him as he attacked, breaking the mans jaw and collar bone, mainly from the mans momentum.

The police came and arrested the man who was attacked and the criminals went to hospital.

In court, the man could not refer to the two criminals previous violent convictions as there was an outstanding conviction and the mans case may/ would have impacted on a "Fair" trial.

The man was charged initially with assault occasioning bodily harm, but this was argued down to using undue force to defend himself.
Apparently, although he only struck 1 person, this was unreasonable force because he was a trained fighter.
He avoided a jail sentence, but lost his job because he had a criminal conviction, he also had a 12 month probation requiring him to go to a police station every day.
He was 45 years old and had never committed a crime in his life.....ever.

There is a provision by law that allows you to defend yourself with an open hand, the law is an ass, thee are several very effective techniques that use an open hand in Karate, unfortunately these are quite injurious to the attacker, but hell, as a martial artist of over 20 years that is the way I will defend myself in future.
Absolute nonsense. You made this up

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #79 - Apr 5th, 2016 at 12:35pm

Sorry, sadly no.

The law is an ass, governed by an ever expanding plethora of asses.

Judges are so far out of touch with the real world that they see nothing other than their own overgrown guts.

For privacy's sake Ill let you believe that the law is always right and never gets it wrong and that this never happened.
That Judges have all the answers and that the police are un-corruptible.
That politicians and public servants actually serve the interests of the public before their own and that the tooth fairy is alive and well and living with Santa Clause in the North Pole.
And that the world is a lovely place inhabited by altruistic, benevolent people from all walks of life.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #80 - Apr 5th, 2016 at 2:42pm

Valkie wrote on Apr 5th, 2016 at 12:35pm:
Sorry, sadly no.

Judges are so far out of touch with the real world that they see nothing other than their own overgrown guts.

For privacy's sake Ill let you believe that the law is always right and never gets it wrong and that this never happened.
That politicians and public servants actually serve the interests of the public before their own and that the tooth fairy is alive and well and living with Santa Clause in the North Pole.
And that the world is a lovely place inhabited by altruistic, benevolent people from all walks of life.

I think you just described half the City of Yarra in Melbourne!  ...

Do you have a link to that story?...I'd like to share it with a few mates overseas....they won't believe it otherwise.
  Wink

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #81 - Apr 5th, 2016 at 2:48pm

Sorry, sadly no.

Yes, you did. Your whole post was abject nonsense not based on any fact at all. Would you like me to highlight the obvious fabrications or are are you going to admit the whole post was BS?

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #82 - Apr 5th, 2016 at 3:27pm

ian wrote on Apr 5th, 2016 at 2:48pm:
Sorry, sadly no.

Yes, you did. Your whole post was abject nonsense not based on any fact at all. Would you like me to highlight the obvious fabrications or are are you going to admit the whole post was BS?

I believe in giving the guy a fair go...

A think a link would be sufficient ....

no link = fabrication 

~ or  ~   

link provided = fact insofar as the source can be trusted  Wink

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #83 - Apr 5th, 2016 at 4:45pm

Valkie wrote on Apr 5th, 2016 at 8:45am:

An impossible injury from one punch, the jaw and collarbone are not connected. Ive been boxing and fighting for decades and seen plenty of broken jaws, never came across a collar bone and jaw been broken by one punch.

Quote:
this sort of thing quite happens in the movies where the skills of the martial artist are choreographed and the defendant performs some type of expert akido deflection. Looks great in the movies  but in real life to head butt a wall unwittingly the person would have to be held at the right angle at the point of impact, not somehow "swept aside" as claimed.

Quote:
also, that would never happen. with varying accounts of the incident all 3 would be initially arrested even thought hey went to hospital.

Quote:

there is no such charge as "using undue force" there is common assault, assault occasioning grievous bodily harm, etc, etc. If the charges were downgraded from grievous bodily harm, there is no trial, common assault charges are heard in the Magistrates court.

Quote:
more nonsense, the outcome would be decided on the degree and level of force used, not on the defendants fighting capabilities. of course, his degree of skill could be used against him if he over reacted but thats quite different.

Quote:
reporting to a police station very day over a common assault charge is BS. if so there would be thousands of people reporting to every police station every day.

Quote:
There is a provision by law that allows you to defend yourself with an open hand,
No, there isnt, it doesnt exist. Pure fabrication.
Quote:
the law is an ass, there are several very effective techniques that use an open hand in Karate, unfortunately these are quite injurious to the attacker,
the only piece of truth in your whole story.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #84 - Apr 5th, 2016 at 5:18pm

Believe what you will.
I couldn't care less and will not bother posting in future.
I might just troll as you do and keep repeating the mantra Facts Facts Facts.
If it makes you sleep better at night, thats all that matters.

There is never a miscarriage of justice.
Police officers never get caught driving drunk and without a licence for 20 years.
Politicians never get caught with brown paper bags.
Priests don't fiddle little boys and everything on the planet is above board and makes perfect sense.

Enjoy your little world.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #85 - Apr 6th, 2016 at 10:47am

Valkie wrote on Apr 5th, 2016 at 5:18pm:
Believe what you will.
I couldn't care less and will not bother posting in future.
I might just troll as you do and keep repeating the mantra Facts Facts Facts.
If it makes you sleep better at night, thats all that matters.

There is never a miscarriage of justice.
Police officers never get caught driving drunk and without a licence for 20 years.
Politicians never get caught with brown paper bags.
Priests don't fiddle little boys and everything on the planet is above board and makes perfect sense.

Enjoy your little world.

Can we take it then that there are no links forthcoming from any source?

That might be considered a dodgy move if so.

If it's something that the media didn't cover (would be amazing if it wasn't recalling the particulars) the event.....it would still be public record being the police were involved, & reports must be filed.   Roll Eyes   Lips Sealed

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print