Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13
Send Topic Print
11 year old charged with murder (Read 6513 times)
mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: 11 year old charged with murder
Reply #120 - Feb 6th, 2016 at 11:27pm

Setanta wrote on Feb 6th, 2016 at 11:21pm:
mothra wrote on Feb 6th, 2016 at 11:13pm:
Setanta wrote on Feb 6th, 2016 at 11:09pm:
mothra wrote on Feb 6th, 2016 at 11:06pm:
Setanta wrote on Feb 6th, 2016 at 11:05pm:
mothra wrote on Feb 6th, 2016 at 11:02pm:
Some places are more barbaric than they have been historically.

Colonialism made a very big mess of much of the world.

Hence why I said above about some reverting. Colonialism in some way shape or form is us. That's what we do.

To the detriment of the many for the gains of the few.

The only thing to do is fight human nature and nature itself. We can rise above. History says otherwise. Sometimes it pays to embrace pragmatism, know our nature, not excuse it.

I believe our nature is evolving. There is more concern for the plight of the under-privileged than there has ever been in our history.

There is concerted efforts being made by an ever-growing number of people to expand the definition of humanity towards something more compassionate and globally minded.

It's the hundredth monkey principle. Enough people have to care. More care every day. I have a tremendous amount of faith in the up and coming generation.

Human nature, like everything about us, evolves. It's time we stopped citing our colonial past as something that just came naturally and focus instead on the mistakes that were made. All the better to correct them.

I'm not so sure there is a lot of evolution in our nature, it's in our ideas. That is what makes us special, we can realise our ideas.

It's not in my nature to dominate anybody, or cause any grief or pain to them. Did that come with my ideas or am i simply, along with the millions of people doing humanitarian work throughout the world, an aberration?

No, i think human nature has evolved. Is evolving.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #121 - Feb 6th, 2016 at 11:45pm

ian wrote on Feb 6th, 2016 at 10:06pm:
Setanta wrote on Feb 6th, 2016 at 9:59pm:
double plus good wrote on Feb 6th, 2016 at 9:55pm:
Setanta wrote on Feb 6th, 2016 at 9:54pm:
double plus good wrote on Feb 6th, 2016 at 9:52pm:
Setanta wrote on Feb 6th, 2016 at 9:52pm:
GordyL wrote on Feb 6th, 2016 at 9:49pm:
I also hate when we're told how wonderful their culture was pre whitey.  They were bloody stone age

Which says nothing about their culture only their technology.
Or lack of.

No people lack a culture.
technology.

I thought I made that point already. "Which says nothing about their culture only their technology."
"Lack of" is subjective. They had the tech that allowed them to survive.

Yes. But only survive, they were motionless for 100,000 years. Their culture allowed pedophilia, killed infants as a method of population control and was mysogynistic. These people were not noble savages.

You're making a subjective observation. Our culture allowed or at least ignored paedophilia until about 20 years ago. We still kill babies, before they are born rather than after. We live in a much more misogynistic society than was the norm before the introduction of ME(Abrahamic) religions into Europe.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #122 - Feb 7th, 2016 at 12:13am

Seconded.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #123 - Feb 7th, 2016 at 12:32am

mothra wrote on Feb 6th, 2016 at 11:27pm:

Hence why I said above about some reverting. Colonialism in some way shape or form is us. That's what we do.

The only thing to do is fight human nature and nature itself. We can rise above. History says otherwise. Sometimes it pays to embrace pragmatism, know our nature, not excuse it.

I believe our nature is evolving. There is more concern for the plight of the under-privileged than there has ever been in our history.

There is concerted efforts being made by an ever-growing number of people to expand the definition of humanity towards something more compassionate and globally minded.

It's the hundredth monkey principle. Enough people have to care. More care every day. I have a tremendous amount of faith in the up and coming generation.

Human nature, like everything about us, evolves. It's time we stopped citing our colonial past as something that just came naturally and focus instead on the mistakes that were made. All the better to correct them.

I'm not so sure there is a lot of evolution in our nature, it's in our ideas. That is what makes us special, we can realise our ideas.

It's not in my nature to dominate anybody, or cause any grief or pain to them. Did that come with my ideas or am i simply, along with the millions of people doing humanitarian work throughout the world, an aberration?

Not normally mine either.
If things went to shyte though and it became necessary, I'd be looking out for my own. You'd be crazy not to.

IP Logged

boxy

Australian Politics

Reply #124 - Feb 7th, 2016 at 12:53am

Ideas are in an "evolutionary" battle, just as species are.

Look up the origins of the word "meme" sometime. Its been co-opted recently, by the younguns. Basically, a meme is to an idea, as a gene is to an organism.

Only the fittest ideas survive, to replicate themselves.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #125 - Feb 7th, 2016 at 12:57am

Setanta wrote on Feb 7th, 2016 at 12:32am:

Not normally mine either.
If things went to shyte though and it became necessary, I'd be looking out for my own. You'd be crazy not to.

Agreed. But this ties back in with your assessment that the human species has never been better off.

We who are housed, watered, educated, medicated and fed have the luxury to cast our minds further. This again ties in with theory on ideas versus human nature.

I don't know that i agree with either of your theories. I think the human race is in dire straights and that altruism is a growing phenomena.

I have, for example, the opportunity afforded to me by the society i live in to be a vegetarian. It would be difficult if not impossible for me to elect this lifestyle choice in other societues. If needs dictated, i would kill an animal with my own bare hands to feed my children. I would also hip and shoulder people for food sacks and clean water.

My ideology is a luxury afforded me by my affluence, or as you suggested, humans being in a better place than they have ever been.

I contest that though, for the deeper nuances of human nature can only be expressed from a position of relative comfort. As you say. to fend for my own i would do just about anything.

THe fact is we have more people advocating for the disadvantaged than ever before. As those people develop, they will remember kindness and charity and hopefully replicate it.

Kindness, compassion and empathy are contagious.

I argue that these attributes are very much a part of human nature. I argue that it is by these attributes that we have continuation of our species, more than the dog eat dog survivalism you describe.'

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #126 - Feb 7th, 2016 at 1:00am

boxy wrote on Feb 7th, 2016 at 12:53am:
Ideas are in an "evolutionary" battle, just as species are.

Look up the origins of the word "meme" sometime. Its been co-opted recently, by the younguns. Basically, a meme is to an idea, as a gene is to an organism.

Only the fittest ideas survive, to replicate themselves.

No i disagree with that. Unhealthy ideas survive. They are just held by minorities and power seekers.

A fit idea prolongs life and the continuation of the species. We are sick with unfit ideas.

IP Logged

double plus good
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #127 - Feb 7th, 2016 at 5:39am

Just typically rich and spoilt. If you were living in times like Mad Max 2 we'd see a different Mothra. That's what I meant about morality and comfortable times, like what we have in Australia.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #128 - Feb 7th, 2016 at 6:39am

double plus good wrote on Feb 7th, 2016 at 5:39am:

Just typically rich and spoilt. If you were living in times like Mad Max 2 we'd see a different Mothra. That's what I meant about morality and comfortable times, like what we have in Australia.

Rich and spoiled?  I lived on the streets for 5+ years. Out on the streets. With the street people. A;; sorts of street people. From the age of  11 til 16, i lived on the streets.

When i say i have been raped 4 times, that is only the violent rapes. That doesn't include all of the drugs that were poured into me .. or the amount of times i woke up with someone getting to it with my body.Or the amount of times i was too far gone to consent.

You, Double, have the nerve to talk to me about Mad Max 2? I take every one of your experiences and trump them. Hard.

But look at me. Not filled with hate.

What's wrong with you?

IP Logged

GordyL
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Hate Town
Reply #129 - Feb 7th, 2016 at 8:23pm

I was in a national park and a ranger was giving us the indigenous tour.  She pointed to a few hill tops and told us each one had a pile of stones a meter high that served as  markers to find water,  then banged on for ages about how that showed how amazing Aboriginals are.

I really wanted to tell her they were even better than the aqueducts I've seen in Europe Smiley

Seriously I'd be impressed if bonobos made a pile of rocks but not humans

On the Ning Nang Nong
Where the Cows go Bong!
and the monkeys all say BOO!
IP Logged

ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #130 - Feb 7th, 2016 at 11:56pm

Setanta wrote on Feb 6th, 2016 at 11:45pm:
[
You're making a subjective observation. Our culture allowed or at least ignored paedophilia until about 20 years ago.
Thats not true. Pedophilia was not cultrally accepted as in Aboriginal society
Quote:
.We still kill babies, before they are born rather than after.
We dont kill children as an alternative to foraging for more resources and the women have the choice
Quote:
. We live in a much more misogynistic society than was the norm before the introduction of ME(Abrahamic) religions into Europe.
well thats obviously codswallop isnt it?

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #131 - Feb 8th, 2016 at 8:23am

mothra wrote on Feb 7th, 2016 at 6:39am:

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #132 - Feb 8th, 2016 at 8:34am

... wrote on Feb 8th, 2016 at 8:23am:
mothra wrote on Feb 7th, 2016 at 6:39am:

http://www.profilebrand.com/funny-pictures/category/celebrity/639_tommy-lee-jone...

A mind that lacks direction and is a whirring "random emotion generator"  can spit out any sort of emotion at any time.
the other point is that because the emotional state of the female (especially the negative neurotic female) is constantly changing, so the truth is constantly changing.

The emotional female is not really being dishonest when they lie and change positons.
they are not being machievellian and cunning.
It is more a child like dishonesty.
The emotions change and the truth changes with it.

Because their "truth" is built upon feelings and emotions, it is really built on sand.

the alpha male needs to send down his roots very deep into the bedrock .
he is totally grounded in reality .
in this way he can remain icey and distant to the ravings of the histrionic woman.
Surprisingly this is EXACTLY what she wants.

men who supplicate to neurotic women do them no favours.

If mothra can spend time in the presence of grounded men, she will find peace  Wink Wink.

may i suggest she sneaks in to a forum run by local businessmen on subjects such as leadership, life coaching and mentoring.
here she will find a heavy concentration of alpha men

IP Logged

GordyL
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Hate Town
Reply #133 - Feb 8th, 2016 at 8:38am

ian wrote on Feb 7th, 2016 at 11:56pm:
[
You're making a subjective observation. Our culture allowed or at least ignored paedophilia until about 20 years ago.
Quote:
We dont kill children as an alternative to foraging for more resources and the women have the choice
Quote:
. We live in a much more misogynistic society than was the norm before the introduction of ME(Abrahamic) religions into Europe.

Apparently lots of childhood chlamydia in the remote aboriginal communities.

On the Ning Nang Nong
Where the Cows go Bong!
and the monkeys all say BOO!
IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #134 - Feb 8th, 2016 at 8:43am

GordyL wrote on Feb 8th, 2016 at 8:38am:
ian wrote on Feb 7th, 2016 at 11:56pm:
[
Quote:
Quote:

Apparently lots of childhood chlamydia in the remote aboriginal communities.

Stop heading out there then

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13
Send Topic Print