Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 32
Send Topic Print
Your amazing cat & dog stories here (Read 60802 times)
Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: Your amazing cat & dog stories here
Reply #45 - Aug 9th, 2016 at 8:52pm

Florida Panther vs Dog -  both of equal size -  who wins?

18 second video:

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #46 - Aug 14th, 2016 at 5:54pm

I am surprised there were not more comments from the above video.
This is about the old argument - of who is the better fighter - a cat or a dog?

The cat & dog are the same size – who will win – the video is only  18 seconds long.

Notice the cat just tries to scratch the dogs face at first -
to tell it to go away - but the silly dog doesn’t take the advice.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #47 - Aug 20th, 2016 at 12:19pm

Bobby. wrote on Aug 14th, 2016 at 5:54pm:

The cat & dog are the same size – who will win – the video is only  18 seconds long.

Pound for pound a cat any day, dogs are pack hunters.

IBI

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #48 - Aug 20th, 2016 at 12:29pm

Gordon wrote on Aug 20th, 2016 at 12:19pm:
Bobby. wrote on Aug 14th, 2016 at 5:54pm:

Pound for pound a cat any day, dogs are pack hunters.

Hi Gordon,
The cat has 20 razor sharp claws & long piercing teeth with a powerful bite.
It also seems to know how to fight:
The cat turns faster.
It gets behind the dog & drags it to the ground then bites into it's neck.
That way the dog is off it's feet - it can't run - it can't bite the cat &
it's neck is exposed for the bite.
That cat is impressive & really the dog had no chance of winning.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #49 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 8:45pm

Bobby. wrote on Aug 20th, 2016 at 12:29pm:

The cat is obviously a lot bigger than the dog. The dog didn't have a hope. Whoever videoed this was cruel by not stopping it before it started.

Cats are primitive and destructive. No matter how domesticated and well fed they are - they are all vicious hunters. At times I could throttle the one remaining cat that I'm stuck with through no fault of mine. I love our native animals and they have an abundance of food in my garden - so it's become a cat's paradise when my back is turned. Unfortunately if I didn't have this cat who is very territorial - I would have every other stray in the area coming in on the sly to hunt.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #50 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 8:51pm

mantra wrote on Aug 31st, 2016 at 8:45pm:
Bobby. wrote on Aug 20th, 2016 at 12:29pm:

The cat is obviously a lot bigger than the dog. The dog didn't have a hope. Whoever videoed this was cruel by not stopping it before it started.

Cats are primitive and destructive. No matter how domesticated and well fed they are - they are all vicious hunters. At times I could throttle the one remaining cat that I'm stuck with through no fault of mine. I love our native animals and they have an abundance of food in my garden - so it's become a cat's paradise when my back is turned. Unfortunately if I didn't have this cat who is very territorial - I would have every other stray in the area coming in on the sly to hunt.

It wasn't the cats fault - the dog tried to kill it.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #51 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 10:25pm

Our first dog had a really protective attitude of humans. One day, my neighbours were walking to the shops, when this dog came running out of the yard to attack them. These girls decided to make the dash in the other direction. My parents' yard was not fenced at the time. Our dog came running out to greet this neighbourhood menace in a way that only he knew how. The other dog took off running, and our dog was a hero for the week with our neighbours.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #52 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 10:33pm

When introducing a new kitten to our last family dog, our dog "Sam" decided to take on the task of looking after the kitten. He basically became "daddy" for the kitten. Sam only died a few months later. However, the kitten had taken such a liking to him, that she was visibly searching for Sam for weeks after he had died. The kitten was a house-bound cat. And Sam divided his inside and outside experiences evenly. Every time the kitten spotted Sam come upstairs for a siesta, the kitten just had to announce herself to him, running over to Sam for attention.

Of course, it took "Sam" five years to work up enough respect from the other house cats we had before our kitten came along before he was treated like an equal with them. That included saving the elder cat from an attack by a younger neighbourhood cat. So, Sam was not going to make the same mistake of letting another pet hate him.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #53 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 9:01am

I had an amazing wolf hound cross years ago. Ben was huge, but a beautiful and gentle dog. When his friend Jo Jo the cat gave birth under a bed in a spare room - Ben came out with a kitten held delicately in his huge mouth and bought it to me - then did the same with the other 2 kittens. Jo Jo used to suckle Ben when she was a kitten and he would lie there placidly while she kneaded away, so she was quite happy to share in the mothering of her kittens with him and Ben was more than happy to help.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #54 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 6:24pm

mantra wrote on Sep 1st, 2016 at 9:01am:
I had an amazing wolf hound cross years ago. Ben was huge, but a beautiful and gentle dog. When his friend Jo Jo the cat gave birth under a bed in a spare room - Ben came out with a kitten held delicately in his huge mouth and bought it to me - then did the same with the other 2 kittens. Jo Jo used to suckle Ben when she was a kitten and he would lie there placidly while she kneaded away, so she was quite happy to share in the mothering of her kittens with him and Ben was more than happy to help.

How amazing - highest marks.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #55 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 8:06pm

Why you have to be prepared for large vet bills if you own a cat:

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #56 - Sep 4th, 2016 at 11:55pm

Sometimes - dogs are scared of little cats:

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 1:48pm

Am going to have to record one of our cats for posterity.  He's the most vocal cat I've ever heard and is on the cusp of actually speaking in Human.  Meanwhile, he has to be the Pavarotti of felines, the way he can project his voice.  It's monumental.  And he's close to speaking in throat-singing, the most astounding example being last Sunday evening when he topped even himself and would have been heard at least 100 metres away

He's able to meowl 'Hello', although it comes out more as 'Heerowww'.  And he has a fairly extensive vocabulary generally; certain sounds for 'food', others for 'go out?', etc. He doesn't mix his sounds up, they have remained constant over several years

Our other cat is a contender for Most Beautiful Cat in Australia and is a back-chatter.  His noises are softer, sweeter, but if you say 'no' to him, he sounds off like a little kid and always has to have the last word as he stomps away

Our Pavarotti cat was poisoned by some filthy renters about eight months ago. It left him with only 20% kidney (or liver) function according to the vet.  He used to be a complete pig, foodwise.  Now, he is allowed to have only special, bland stuff. When we try to vary his diet by including a tiny bit of chicken or tuna, etc., he projectile vomits several times in following hours, so unfortunately for him, he's stuck with the bland stuff. Still, he's managed to almost regain his former weight and is getting pretty cocky again.  He'll be 16 soon. He's still missing his lifelong companion who died a couple of years ago at 18.  I still miss the other guy too and dream about him sometime. He was the Jesus of cats

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #58 - Sep 18th, 2016 at 7:51pm

B&B.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics