Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Poor Demi (Read 10077 times)
Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Re: Poor Demi
Reply #15 - Nov 12th, 2016 at 2:48pm

A friend asked the Vet what to do about a dog who was constipated due to eating the tinfoil tray that the roast was in and was told to buy some sardines in oil.  Apparently it worked. Rascal, the dog survived.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Jovial Monk

Dogs not cats!

Reply #16 - Nov 12th, 2016 at 2:49pm

How interesting.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #17 - Nov 12th, 2016 at 4:59pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Nov 12th, 2016 at 2:49pm:
How interesting.

I thought you would agree and I was correct.  You should brush you own hair and beard as well. Scruffy is NOT a good look.  Wink

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #18 - Nov 12th, 2016 at 8:21pm

John Smith wrote on Oct 24th, 2016 at 8:37pm:
friggen ell ... I thought this thread was about Demi Moore ....

turns out it was a different dog Cheesy Cheesy

Grin Grin Grin

Had me fooled too.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #19 - Nov 15th, 2016 at 8:09pm

Black Orchid wrote on Jan 24th, 2016 at 9:48am:
Our cat is terrified of thunder.  We seem to be in a pocket where the storms are all around us but we miss most (if not all) of it.

He, however, can hear thunder way in the distance well before we hear even a slight rumble.  He crouches down with his belly close to the floor and slinks/runs from room to room.  Upstairs, downstairs, behind the furniture etc and all the while letting out a very loud low growl.

He doesn't like wind either.

We've had lots of dogs and cats over the years but he is the first to behave in such a manner.

None of the cats or dogs I've previously owned have been scared of storms either. Perhaps it's because they were never left outside while one was raging. Too many animals are exposed to them unfortunately with no-one to comfort them.

My home is also protected from storms. Aside from a few small dead branches coming loose occasionally - it's always left untouched regardless of the ferocity of the wind, rain and lightning. 

Pity it doesn't make a difference to my insurance premiums.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk

Dogs not cats!

Reply #20 - Nov 17th, 2016 at 1:33pm

It seems Demi is over the worst. I bet the silly bitch ate something she shouln’t have and couldn’t digest or dislodge it. Feeding her all that fibre must have finally got rid of that blockage. Bloody dog always acts like we don’t feed her and I am pretty sure she got fed a couple of times last month. . . Grin

Mind you, there is one time I will not feed her, if I find she has stolen my food. For a small dog she certainly can get stuff off the counter if near the edge! Someone at the obedience club had a rough coated setter who could “chest” a chair to the counter, climb up the chair then onto the counter then open a child proof lock and steal and eat a whole loaf of bread, plastic bag and all!

This setter, after an obedience trial, got loose and found and ate the remains of a BBQ chicken. The ribs punctured its stomach and intestine and eventually it had to be put down. I was thinking of that when noting Demi’s symptoms.
« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2016 at 8:57am by Jovial Monk »  

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Jovial Monk

Dogs not cats!

Reply #21 - Nov 22nd, 2016 at 8:47pm

Not 100% back to normal. Ummm. OK, found an overlooked tin of cream of pumpkin so have been giving mutt a couple spoonfuls of that twice a day.

Next time I take her walking I expect something a w e s o m e  if rather smelly.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Nov 24th, 2016 at 6:30pm

you wouldnt feed your dog cooked chook would you monk?..

Jovial Monk wrote on Nov 17th, 2016 at 1:33pm:
This setter, after an obedience trial, got loose and found and ate the remains of a BBQ chicken. The ribs punctured its stomach and intestine and eventually it had to be put down. I was thinking of that when noting Demi’s symptoms.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk

Dogs not cats!

Reply #23 - Dec 11th, 2016 at 7:40am

cods wrote on Nov 24th, 2016 at 6:30pm:
you wouldnt feed your dog cooked chook would you monk?..

Jovial Monk wrote on Nov 17th, 2016 at 1:33pm:

If I do give her cooked chicken all the bones are removed first.

STILL not 100% but much improved. Keeping up with the cream of pumpkin for now. Will take her walking more—a project I have been working on is now just waiting so have the time again for walks.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Jovial Monk

Dogs not cats!

Reply #24 - Dec 17th, 2016 at 11:22pm

Had to take dog to the vet for her yearly checkup and shots. Told the vet about her tummy problems. She may have something like IBS, the doggy version of it.

Will look that up, see what can be done.

The bitch isn’t suffering or anything, is quite her usual self and killed a 30cm lizard just to demonstrate that Roll Eyes I am the one suffering  Grin Nah, want her to be healthy, no problems etc.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Jovial Monk

Dogs not cats!

Reply #25 - Jan 3rd, 2017 at 2:48pm

Still not 100% but better. More walking needed.

Hot in Adelaide tomorrow, better get my lazy arse out of bed at 5.00am {sob!} and take the bitch for a walk, along the beach I reckon, throw the ball into the sea a few times, she loves retrieving it.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #26 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 3:38pm

I saw a brave little dog have an altercation with a red bellied black snake (and survived) and for a minute, I thought it was Demi.

Jack Russell Stella survives after clash with red-bellied black snake.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/outer-east/jack-russell-stella-survives-after...

Stella.jpeg (26 KB | 75 )
Stella.jpeg

IP Logged

Jovial Monk

Dogs not cats!

Reply #27 - Mar 26th, 2017 at 3:14pm

STILL not 100%.

Decided she should lose a bit of weight. Am giving her mincemeat (from Coles) full of vitamins and should be easy to digest, nearly the same amount of cream of pumpkin.

And walk her. Even on a 34°C day! Man is dog’s best friend!
« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2017 at 5:14pm by Jovial Monk »  

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #28 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 10:02am

Have you tried her on doggy vitamins Monk? I wouldn't trust the Coles meat on a long term basis. I think both Coles and Woolworths are sneaking a bit of salt into their beef mince.

What about some chicken mince as an alternative? She could have some stomach problems. She's getting on a bit and could possibly have some internal tumours starting.

Walking her in the heat mightn't be helping her much.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk

Dogs not cats!

Reply #29 - Jun 26th, 2017 at 9:11pm

Trying her on fish (small can tuna or can sardines) alternating with chicken necks (raw) to keep her teeth clean.

As far as I can tell that is helping her.

Whatever it is seems to affect me more than it does the bitch  Smiley She has plenty of get up and go for her age.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print