Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Atheists are the most aggressive group in the west (Read 24621 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Re: Atheists are the most aggressive group in the west
Reply #90 - Dec 19th, 2016 at 8:44am

issuevoter wrote on Dec 19th, 2016 at 7:17am:
Explain God.

I remember reading someone once suggested that;

Life is a search for reason meaning.           Smiley

God is the 'destination',       in a journey where a human mind seeks [or, deeply meditates upon] >> reason <<,      ....in a reality [a life] we must endure, where a sane mind may come to question if there is any 'reason' to our existence.                Wink

YMMD          Grin

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #91 - Dec 19th, 2016 at 10:54am

I am sorry God is going to have to be something more interesting than a bus stop.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #92 - Dec 19th, 2016 at 5:10pm

issuevoter wrote on Dec 19th, 2016 at 10:54am:
I am sorry God is going to have to be something more interesting than a bus stop.

Oh he is!

....if he will allow you to approach him!

[warning - here comes the scripture!    Smiley     ]

Deuteronomy 8:2
And thou shalt remember all the way which the LORD thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no.

Psalms 14:2
The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.

Matthew 6:33
...seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness;

Mark 12:28
And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?
29  And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
30  And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
31  And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Zephaniah 2:3
Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness:......

Q.
What is 'the righteousness of God' ?

1 Thessalonians 5:22
Abstain from all appearance of evil.

Leviticus 20:7
Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God.

Hebrews 12:14
Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

Proverbs 9:10
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Malachi 3:7
...Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the LORD of hosts....

James 4:8
Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you....

2 Corinthians 6:17
....come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
18  And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #93 - Dec 19th, 2016 at 5:39pm

Oh, here we go, "There are none so blind as those who will not see." I am not an atheist, or an agnostic, or a God freak." Those are your 3 pigeon holes. I am waiting for an interpretation of God that is not a stale old cliche that fulfills the values of people who are dull as ditch water.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #94 - Dec 19th, 2016 at 6:52pm

issuevoter wrote on Dec 19th, 2016 at 5:39pm:
Oh, here we go, "There are none so blind as those who will not see." I am not an atheist, or an agnostic, or a God freak." Those are your 3 pigeon holes.

I am waiting for an interpretation of God that is not a stale old cliche that fulfills the values of people who are dull as ditch water.

issuevoter,

You are so, so cynical!

How do you expect to ever get to heaven with such a cynical attitude!            Wink

Matthew 7:7
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8  For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
9  Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
10  Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
11  If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Ezekiel 33:11
Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

Deuteronomy 30:19
I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #95 - Dec 21st, 2016 at 1:26am

Oh, here we go, "There are none so blind as those who will not see." I am not an atheist, or an agnostic, or a God freak." Those are your 3 pigeon holes. I am waiting for an interpretation of God that is not a stale old cliche that fulfills the values of people who are dull as ditch water.

God is a deity with psychological problems, horrifically insecure he demands worship every day.

He created evil, probably because he regretted making humans.

He creates faults in humans and then judges and punishes humans for those faults.

He created a parasite whose only job it seems is to burrow into the eyes of children rendering them. blind.

God works in mysterious, inefficient and breathtakingly cruel ways. He is not a deity worthy of worship. He is no different than the gods of old who demanded a human sacrifice to save the rest.

The worst part is he has convinced nearly a tenth of the population that he is loving and just. He must have a good publicist because he transformed himself from the universe's worst serial killer into a figure of "love and joy"

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #96 - Dec 21st, 2016 at 6:39am

Raven wrote on Dec 21st, 2016 at 1:26am:

God is a deity with psychological problems, horrifically insecure he demands worship every day.

He creates faults in humans and then judges and punishes humans for those faults.

He created a parasite whose only job it seems is to burrow into the eyes of children rendering them. blind.

God works in mysterious, inefficient and breathtakingly cruel ways. He is not a deity worthy of worship. He is no different than the gods of old who demanded a human sacrifice to save the rest.

The worst part is he has convinced nearly a tenth of the population that he is loving and just. He must have a good publicist because he transformed himself from the universe's worst serial killer into a figure of "love and joy"

Post of the Day.

Needless to say, if 'God' was put on trial as a war criminal, he would be hanged just as they were at Nuremberg.

The 'Free Will' get-out-of-jail mantra doesn't wash any more.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #97 - Dec 21st, 2016 at 6:41am

yadda:issuevoter,

"You are so, so cynical!

How do you expect to ever get to heaven with such a cynical attitude!"

Any description of heaven and hell that I have seen, are as lame of this God thing you lot bang on about.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #98 - Dec 21st, 2016 at 8:38am

issuevoter wrote on Dec 21st, 2016 at 6:41am:
yadda:issuevoter,

"You are so, so cynical!

How do you expect to ever get to heaven with such a cynical attitude!"

Any description of heaven and hell that I have seen, are as lame of this God thing you lot bang on about.         

My definition of 'hell', is to experience the absence [of the spirit] of God.

And 'heaven', is [would be] to live in his presence.

Atheists, ya gotta pity them.

They've 'gone native'.

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #99 - Dec 24th, 2016 at 1:34am

Quote:
My definition of 'hell', is to experience the absence [of the spirit] of God.

And 'heaven', is [would be] to live in his presence.

That's fine, however, IMHO, it's the religious who need pity.

The pagans had it all over the religious zealots. They were the ones who gazed in wonderment at the movement of the stars and learned control over their being.

The progression of science has constantly and unerringly proved the religious as ostriches with their heads in the sand.

The true spirituality and wonderment of our world comes through hard work and hard thinking. Hats off to those who have provided such knowledge.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #100 - Dec 24th, 2016 at 7:48am

I don't have any problem with other people believing in "God," (what ever that means) except when it is a childish need for a father figure.

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #101 - Dec 24th, 2016 at 12:39pm

Raven wrote on Dec 21st, 2016 at 1:26am:

Sounds like you're describing leftists.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #102 - Dec 10th, 2023 at 4:55pm

This Topic was moved here from Atheism by freediver.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print