Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Atheists are the most aggressive group in the west (Read 24617 times)
John_Taverner
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Atheists are the most aggressive group in the west
Reply #60 - May 2nd, 2016 at 4:57pm

Binary wrote on May 2nd, 2016 at 4:33pm:
If you aim to live a truly sustainable, ethical, moral life then you are already basically a Catholic.
Here is a good example of what Catholics strive for:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_virtues

Of course Catholicism is a very old religion.  At it's core it has been preserved over 2000 years.
As a Catholic sometimes you must have faith, and use the critical faculty that God has given you
to discern the meaning through what has survived to the modern day, and how it applies to you in your life.

As I said, I'm married to one, and I even do all the basics (sign of the cross, holy water etc) when at funerals and Weddings. We were married in a Catholic church by a priest who was extremely understanding.

I don't drink, smoke, whore around or do drugs, and I generally do the best to please the wife.

You know of course that my wife has this life insurance policy that applies to me too?  (1 Corinthians 7:12-14)

But I also think that we need to respect other people who make a valuable contribution to society. On the subject of homosexuals, we'll have to agree to disagree.

72+Adelaide+Street  
IP Logged

Binary

Serious Business

WA
Reply #61 - May 2nd, 2016 at 5:09pm

John_Taverner wrote on May 2nd, 2016 at 4:57pm:
Binary wrote on May 2nd, 2016 at 4:33pm:
If you aim to live a truly sustainable, ethical, moral life then you are already basically a Catholic.
Here is a good example of what Catholics strive for:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_virtues

Of course Catholicism is a very old religion.  At it's core it has been preserved over 2000 years.
As a Catholic sometimes you must have faith, and use the critical faculty that God has given you
to discern the meaning through what has survived to the modern day, and how it applies to you in your life.

As I said, I'm married to one, and I even do all the basics (sign of the cross, holy water etc) when at funerals and Weddings. We were married in a Catholic church by a priest who was extremely understanding.

I don't drink, smoke, whore around or do drugs, and I generally do the best to please the wife.

You know of course that my wife has this life insurance policy that applies to me too?  (1 Corinthians 7:12-14)

But I also think that we need to respect other people who make a valuable contribution to society. On the subject of homosexuals, we'll have to agree to disagree. 

I suppose so. If anything I feel very sorry for the homosexuals. In my view they do not realise how they are harming themselves.
They're trying to get all of their desires met, but in completely wrong ways that are destined to fail.
It's like trying to tell someone else's child not to keep banging their head against the wall.
Then they get all offended for trying to help.
My problem is I take too long to shake my head and walk away.

"Coles is run like muslim organisation." - Sir James, ozpolitic.com

IP Logged

John_Taverner
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - May 2nd, 2016 at 5:14pm

We all have desires. What sustains a relationship is love. If those restaurateurs' relationship lasted 10 years plus to date as it did, I'd say that it wasn't driven by desire alone.   

72+Adelaide+Street  
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #63 - May 2nd, 2016 at 5:25pm

Bobby. wrote on May 2nd, 2016 at 7:21am:
Binary wrote on May 2nd, 2016 at 12:53am:
Binary wrote on May 2nd, 2016 at 12:34am:
If it made perfect logical sense by human standards to believe in God then that belief would mean nothing.
The reason atheists dismiss religion is because its impossible for them to wrap
their heads around the concept of faith.
The only thing this video highlights is the fact that believing in God necessitates
an admission of trust in him and how he has revealed himself to us.

Example: In the 1950's, people were recommended by doctors to smoke cigarettes for their health.
To the best of our limited human knowledge we considered this to be true.
Does that mean that in our ignorance, cigarettes suddenly ceased to be harmful?
Of course not!
Likewise if we consider ourselves able to understand and define God's will through our limited human capacity
we will always come to similar conclusions, that we fool ourselves into thinking are logical.
Assuming God is the creator of the universe, how can we possibly consider ourselves able to understand his will or motives?

A further example: Let's say I ask God one day to grant me a request.
"Let lightning strike infront of me then I'll believe."
Nothing happens. AHA! God must not exist then.
It's this faulty 'logic' that assumes we have power over God.
We can twist and turn that concept as the man in the above video does
saying that because God's word has come to us in a certain form
we can deduce that he is not real, because we decide so by our own flawed standard.

God does not operate under your parameters. This is the meaning of faith.

Are you talking about the Sun God or the sea God or the Moon God?

Binary can't answer me.

Was the question too hard?

IP Logged

Binary

Serious Business

WA
Reply #64 - May 2nd, 2016 at 7:54pm

Bobby. wrote on May 2nd, 2016 at 5:25pm:
Bobby. wrote on May 2nd, 2016 at 7:21am:
Binary wrote on May 2nd, 2016 at 12:53am:
Binary wrote on May 2nd, 2016 at 12:34am:
If it made perfect logical sense by human standards to believe in God then that belief would mean nothing.
The reason atheists dismiss religion is because its impossible for them to wrap
their heads around the concept of faith.
The only thing this video highlights is the fact that believing in God necessitates
an admission of trust in him and how he has revealed himself to us.

Example: In the 1950's, people were recommended by doctors to smoke cigarettes for their health.
To the best of our limited human knowledge we considered this to be true.
Does that mean that in our ignorance, cigarettes suddenly ceased to be harmful?
Of course not!
Likewise if we consider ourselves able to understand and define God's will through our limited human capacity
we will always come to similar conclusions, that we fool ourselves into thinking are logical.
Assuming God is the creator of the universe, how can we possibly consider ourselves able to understand his will or motives?

A further example: Let's say I ask God one day to grant me a request.
"Let lightning strike infront of me then I'll believe."
Nothing happens. AHA! God must not exist then.
It's this faulty 'logic' that assumes we have power over God.
We can twist and turn that concept as the man in the above video does
saying that because God's word has come to us in a certain form
we can deduce that he is not real, because we decide so by our own flawed standard.

God does not operate under your parameters. This is the meaning of faith.

Are you talking about the Sun God or the sea God or the Moon God?

Binary can't answer me.

Was the question too hard?

Oh that was a serious question? John phrased it better on the post after yours.
And I answered his question on the post after his.

"Coles is run like muslim organisation." - Sir James, ozpolitic.com

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #65 - May 26th, 2016 at 10:48am

Binary wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 5:26pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 3:15pm:
You may as well, because whilst your disagreement with gays seems to be moral, using dodgy facts shouldnt be used here.

If you bothered to read my post, you'd see its obviously moral.
We need to help the gay population with their higher associated risk rates both for HIV and suicide,
rather than promote and encourage damaging gay lifestyles.

It's not a dodgy fact, HIV is on the rise in Australia.
afaodotorgdotau/about-hiv/the-hiv-epidemic/hiv-statistics-australia#.VyMLhah96Uk

If your only rebuttal to my original post is to cry about language use then I'm afraid I don't care.

Actually HIV is NOT 'on the rise' according to the stats from your own link.

"AIDS diagnoses: The annual number of AIDS diagnoses in Australia peaked in 1994, at 953 cases.
AIDS diagnoses then declined rapidly following the introduction of effective combination antiretroviral therapy.

There are now few people diagnosed with AIDS in Australia and it is no longer a notifiable disease (i.e. required by law to be reported to the Health Department)."

http://www.afao.org.au/about-hiv/the-hiv-epidemic/hiv-statistics-australia#.V0ZG...

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #66 - May 26th, 2016 at 11:09am

gizmo_2655 wrote on May 26th, 2016 at 10:48am:
You may as well, because whilst your disagreement with gays seems to be moral, using dodgy facts shouldnt be used here.

We need to help the gay population with their higher associated risk rates both for HIV and suicide,

afaodotorgdotau/about-hiv/the-hiv-epidemic/hiv-statistics-australia#.VyMLhah96Uk

If your only rebuttal to my original post is to cry about language use then I'm afraid I don't care.

"AIDS diagnoses: The annual number of AIDS diagnoses in Australia peaked in 1994, at 953 cases.
AIDS diagnoses then declined rapidly following the introduction of effective combination antiretroviral therapy.

There are now few people diagnosed with AIDS in Australia and it is no longer a notifiable disease (i.e. required by law to be reported to the Health Department)."

http://www.afao.org.au/about-hiv/the-hiv-epidemic/hiv-statistics-australia#.V0ZG...

God, gizmo, thats a fail for you imagine ttrying to use facts in an argument.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #67 - May 26th, 2016 at 11:17am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on May 26th, 2016 at 11:09am:
gizmo_2655 wrote on May 26th, 2016 at 10:48am:

God, gizmo, thats a fail for you imagine ttrying to use facts in an argument.

Sorry, I must be out of practice..

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #68 - May 26th, 2016 at 1:11pm

If God exists you'd figure he would be an Atheist.

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #69 - May 27th, 2016 at 10:25am

In the novel, Venus on the Half-shell by Kilgore Trout, the protagonist meets God. It is a large cockroach on a throne, clutching a can of beer in every one of its leg-end claws.

The protagonist seizes the opportunity to ask the ultimate question, "WHY?"

God burps, and says, "Why not?"

If I had such an opportunity, I would not bother with un-answerable questions. I would ask, "Where's the cooler?"

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #70 - May 27th, 2016 at 11:01am

Raven wrote on May 26th, 2016 at 1:11pm:

He has an awesome sense of humour and a quirky way. Not at all common sense.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #71 - Jun 1st, 2016 at 11:47am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 11:01am:
Raven wrote on May 26th, 2016 at 1:11pm:

He has an awesome sense of humour and a quirky way. Not at all common sense.

I agree with you.

Now I feel uncomfortable lol  Smiley

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

GreenGrass

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Nov 18th, 2016 at 3:20pm

athos wrote on Dec 13th, 2015 at 7:10am:
Some studies undoubtedly shows that Atheists and gays are the most aggressive groups in western societies supported by Media, quasi scientists and corrupted "Politically correct" politicians.
Eventually Atheism is a disorder of human brain that prevents a person to be aware of spiritual life similar like epilepsy, Schizophrenia and so on.
Like people with physical disorders who can't see or hear atheists are unable to think intuitively, emotionally and creatively to realize a big picture around them. Like in animals their thoughts are only  focused on the senses' detectable environment without capability to understand spiritual world in them and out of them.
Traditional Chinese medicine explains atheism disorder as a luck of Che energy in curtain parts of the body and can be successfully treated by acupuncture and in modern time by hypnosis.

For both atheists and Gays treatment with acupuncture can successfully bring harmony and peace of mind to those people.

Hahaha. This is a joke post, right? Oh wait.

Seriously though are you just trolling? Let's talk about people as people rather than talking about this group or that group being more aggressive than others. I could go into great detail about aggressive things done by people and nations in the name of religion, but what would that serve? Understanding and respecting others points of view even though you disagree with them is the way forward for all of humanity, not dividing people into this group or that group.

IP Logged

GreenGrass

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Nov 18th, 2016 at 3:24pm

Quote:
I suppose so. If anything I feel very sorry for the homosexuals. In my view they do not realise how they are harming themselves.
They're trying to get all of their desires met, but in completely wrong ways that are destined to fail.
It's like trying to tell someone else's child not to keep banging their head against the wall.
Then they get all offended for trying to help.
My problem is I take too long to shake my head and walk away.

It's you I feel sorry for. You have closed your mind to other people and the things they need to lead a fulfilling life. They get offended because your offer of help is entirely misguided. Hopefully you will see the truth one day but you are blinded by your 'faith' and judgemental attitude.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #74 - Nov 18th, 2016 at 11:00pm

One of the problems I have noticed in atheists is that they will try to use logic to argue their case. Surely some of them see the irony.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print