Send Topic Print
Re Aussie (Read 2904 times)
Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Re: Re Aussie
Reply #45 - Nov 28th, 2015 at 8:35pm

cods wrote on Nov 28th, 2015 at 6:38pm:
well if you compare it too PA... its a positive...a plus... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

nef never did yahoo but she does PA...so I guess shes looking for something worse than PA....

as if we would dob ourselves in.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Actually, Cods, I had been a member of OzPol for many years before I joined PA.

Originally, many of us here (and at the PA attached to OzPol) were Members of Cracker (including Mantra, Skippy, AG, etc).  When Cracker closed down most of us joined OzPol. Then a person with the ID of Deepthought started his own Political Animal Australia Forum and most of us joined that ... including some people who were with Yahoo.

As I said, I never knew that Yahoo existed.

Cods, you aren't a Member of PA so how do you know what happens over there? If all you do is read the "Vortex" where people can post as guests without joining, you will see lots of jerks who post here (probably ex-Yahooligans) under a made up name and talk rubbish.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #46 - Nov 28th, 2015 at 9:03pm

Neferti wrote on Nov 28th, 2015 at 8:35pm:
well if you compare it too PA... its a positive...a plus... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

nef never did yahoo but she does PA...so I guess shes looking for something worse than PA....

Originally, many of us here (and at the PA attached to OzPol) were Members of Cracker (including Mantra, Skippy, AG, etc).  When Cracker closed down most of us joined OzPol. Then a person with the ID of Deepthought started his own Political Animal Australia Forum and most of us joined that ... including some people who were with Yahoo.

Cods, you aren't a Member of PA so how do you know what happens over there? If all you do is read the "Vortex" where people can post as guests without joining, you will see lots of jerks who post here (probably ex-Yahooligans) under a made up name and talk rubbish.

lol naffy who are you trying to kid- I know what happens there and it would take me the best part of an hour to tell cods exactly what happens there- don't lie to cods because there are quite a few of us here who can set her straight. Skippy is the most recent admin and it is marginally better now under him, but still operates much the same way as it always did . It is no place for anyone who enjoys a bit of fun and peace of mind.

You have to have a VERY thick skin and be willing to give it back and I post here because I like the comaraderie and friendly attitude of most pp who post here.

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Nov 28th, 2015 at 11:01pm

Neferti wrote on Nov 28th, 2015 at 8:35pm:

yes over the years I have read about PA and how you guys all met up....so you kind of know each other rather well.....you are right have never been a member of PA>. however I have been over there once or twice over the years  long before skippy was ADMIN...and of course I have been a a TARGET for one or two members there... so I have been informed... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes..and we can read whats there even if we dont post...

kind of gives me right of passage.. or something like that...

I am not slagging off PA.. been there done that...

I just get annoyed when argument rage on over here about stuff that went on over there a million years ago....and so on and so forth...however this is about yahooligans not PA...... and it seem they are well traveled... I was on yahoo for a year or three   haven no idea really how long.. then came here...when it folded...

since then I have joined aussies and monks  forums...

but have stuck with this one as its familiar...and I know my way around the place.....plus I am pretty boring.and I dont think anyone wants to read me on more than one forum....if and when FD  pings me off once and for all..

then I am sure I will pop up somewhere.....only under this id though...I am not clever enough to deceive....either that or couldnt be bothered even trying..

Agnes wrote on Nov 28th, 2015 at 9:03pm:
lol naffy who are you trying to kid- I know what happens there and it would take me the best part of an hour to tell cods exactly what happens there- don't lie to cods because there are quite a few of us here who can set her straight. Skippy is the most recent admin and it is marginally better now under him, but still operates much the same way as it always did . It is no place for anyone who enjoys a bit of fun and peace of mind.

You have to have a VERY thick skin and be willing to give it back and I post here because I like the comaraderie and friendly attitude of most pp who post here.

a few ozpol people have been banned permanently from PA.... they seem pretty harmless to me....so I think thats pretty tough....

not sure if anyone has been banned permanently from  ozpol...I have heard of one or two long bans...mine usually last 7 days...is that LONG? I wouldnt know all I know is I seem to have got on the wrong side of a certain mod on here this year.....and he just cant wait to see the back of me..some of the stuff is pathetic..

I agree with agnes...some people at PA never change....I guess being a member over there hardens you up to what they say....until you dont see it anymore..

IP Logged

Smeagol Baggins

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Nov 29th, 2015 at 1:22pm

Smeagol Baggins wrote on Nov 28th, 2015 at 6:49pm:
cods wrote on Nov 28th, 2015 at 6:41pm:
Smeagol Baggins wrote on Nov 28th, 2015 at 6:34pm:
The one about record abuse.

I had a feeling you meant that....

and that would imo.. be the worst thread on here....

what makes it worse is a mod created it..a real shocker.

makes yahoo look like a boy scout camp.

You were talking about naming and shamin and that is why I thought the record abuse place did what you wanted.  I have misunderstood you.  I am sorry.

Cry

Hi cods did you read.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Nov 29th, 2015 at 5:29pm

Smeagol Baggins wrote on Nov 29th, 2015 at 1:22pm:
Smeagol Baggins wrote on Nov 28th, 2015 at 6:49pm:
cods wrote on Nov 28th, 2015 at 6:41pm:
Smeagol Baggins wrote on Nov 28th, 2015 at 6:34pm:
The one about record abuse.

I had a feeling you meant that....

and that would imo.. be the worst thread on here....

what makes it worse is a mod created it..a real shocker.

makes yahoo look like a boy scout camp.

You were talking about naming and shamin and that is why I thought the record abuse place did what you wanted.  I have misunderstood you.  I am sorry.

Cry

Hi cods did you read.

I check it every once in a while just to see whos dobbing in who...I like to know my enemies.. if thats the word.....dobbing is one thing I never encourage with my grandkids...you know how they like to dob their little brother or sister in...well in my house it doesnt work...unless theres danger.... and they soon learnt that....

there is dobbing and dobbing I reckon.. and this isnt the place for it..

as a certain someone likes to point out.. thats what the PM to the mods is for.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Smeagol Baggins

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Nov 29th, 2015 at 9:00pm

You said something about namin and shaming.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 8:46am

Smeagol Baggins wrote on Nov 29th, 2015 at 9:00pm:

I wonder what I meant???

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #52 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 8:59am

Smeagol Baggins wrote on Nov 29th, 2015 at 9:00pm:

Who were you before? Hmmmm?

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Smeagol Baggins

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 1:28pm

sorry lisa who was i before what?

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #54 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 2:55pm

Smeagol Baggins wrote on Nov 30th, 2015 at 1:28pm:
sorry lisa who was i before what?

Before you took on the nic Fred Nerk?

IP Logged

Smeagol Baggins

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 2:58pm

I was just me fred nerk is not my real name.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #56 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 2:59pm

Smeagol Baggins wrote on Nov 30th, 2015 at 2:58pm:
I was just me fred nerk is not my real name.

Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print